Will he contact me?

Effie

Hello again guys,

I cast a new horary today, and I would appreciate your opinion. Here's the chart, and the question is if he is going to contact me (i know-i know: same guy, same old situation, but I cannot help it, so please bear with me):

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...&add=13&add=14&add=15&add=136199&node=-Yn&ast=

I am Mars and he is Venus, but Mars and Venus do not make any aspect with each other. Venus (him) has a separating sextile with Mercury (communication) which shows that we had contact at some point in the past. Mars (me) and Moon (is it me again or him because Venus is in Cancer? that's where I get confused), and only Moon has an applying conjunct with Vertex in the 8 house. So, I would appreciate if someone clarified if the Moon in this chart is me or him! I think it is very important and will determine the answer of the chart. In the third house, which is the house of communication, is the north node which is exactly the same degrees and sign as my natal north node: does it mean "fated communication" by any chance? Mercury (communication) has an applying square with the Mars (me), but square is a negative aspect in general, so does that mean 'No' ? He (venus) is in the 9 house, what does that mean? He is from another country. Also, the Sun has an applying conjunction with MC: is it significant by any chance? How would you interprete that in the horary context?

Guys, I am confused, please someone give me their lights!

Thanks!

misskitty

>>same guy, same old situation, but I cannot help it<<

Unfortunately with horary you can't ask the same question so close together unless something has radically changed about the situation. You asked essentially the same question on the 8th. "Will he meet with me" and "will he contact me" is the same thing. This chart is therefore not useful because you won't get a correct answer. The one you asked last week will yield the correct answer and is the one you should use.

In that chart the Moon was about to square his significator in 4 degrees. The Moon was in a cadent house and mutable sign, so timing is very difficult to say. Cadent and mutable could mean a very long wait indeed or that the event may not happen at all. You can Google timing in horary to see what I mean. In the meantime if you want more responses on your last chart then I would suggest bumping it up and pleading for sympathy from some of the more experienced members. :)

The stars can still yeild a reflection of sorts about the querent/situation when multiple horaries are asked (http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_questions.html ) and here your significator and your secondary significator (the Moon) are both in the 8th house, showing your worry and anxiety about the situation. My advice is to attempt to step away as much as possible to gain perspective on the issue and to not worry about horary for the time being. Sometimes we just have to let things play out without knowing exactly how that will happen, or when.

Last edited:

Effie

Hi Kitty, thanks for replying again.

Actually, it is not the same question at all. The previous times we met, we met in a professional context due to meetings that others had initiated and I had no clue he would be there. So, when I asked the question was because there would be another meeting, so there could be the possibility to meet by chance again and not because he or me asked each other out. I ended up not going and I have no clue if he was there or not because we were not in communication regarding these meetings where we meet randomly usually because we are both guests.

The question I posed this time refers to the possibility of him contacting me now that he has my info to initiate a meeting to speak about professional opportunities. If we meet this will be primary context since I had asked for an informational interview. So these two questions are totally different questions if you understand what I mean. So, if you could please tell me if this new chart has a no or yes answer I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

misskitty

So, if you could please tell me if this new chart has a no or yes answer I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Well, to be frank I'm just not convinced that the questions are that different at the heart of it since both times you are wanting to know when you will see or hear from him again. Your statement of "same guy, same old situation" is key to me. Also the situation is fuzzy to me because you are mixing career questions with romance interests and at this point I am not even sure which house is best to use for his significator.

In short, I'm just not comfortabe with the chart so I will leave it for someone else. Good luck.

Last edited:

Effie

That's fine. But please stop jumping to conclusions out of the little you read in the messages that we post here since we are not obliged to explain to you the whole story and all the background of what's going on to in order for you to determine what is appropriate and what is not for me or others, [Angry expression deleted. Moderator]So, I do not appreciate you giving your opinion when you have no clue in reality what is REALLY going on since you don't even know me. If I mix professional matters with relational matters this is something only me knows and you are not entitled to judge or to jump to conclusions.

No one obliges you to respond when someone is posting a quetion, so instead of responding with ignorance and such judgemental attitude, it is better if you do not respond at all and leave it indeed to someone else who is willing to generously provide their lights to respond. In this sense, if someone else is willing to guide me with this chart I would appreciate it!

Good luck to you too!

Last edited by a moderator:

misskitty

There is absolutely no reason to be ugly about it Effie. I was not being ugly or judgemental, just saying that I didn't feel comfortable giving a 'yes' or 'no' as you asked me to do in your response. The only thing horary interpreters can do is go off of what the querent chooses to tell, and that is what I was doing. Of course there is more to every situation. As you may have noticed, the board has been quite dead recently and not very many of our experts are responding very often. Many of us newbies attempt an interpretation then wait to be corrected if need be. This is a LEARNING board, and I like many others here, am still learning and at least attempting to contribute. If I make mistakes during that, as others have made when interpreting my charts as well, then that is part of the learning process, and you just say 'thanks but I disagree.'

I personally do not care if you mix personal and business interests, my point was that it is not clear to me in the chart which house to use. You took that way too personally. But just from the ugliness in which you took my reply it is in perfect alignment with your significators being in the 8th house here, as you are too invested in the outcome of your chart to be objective or even to allow opinions on the chart that are contrary to yours. That is of course another one of the 'no nos' of horary astrology.

Whether or not he will contact you for an informational interview sounds more like a career horary to me, but you used 7th house for interpretation. So it is not clear which to use. That is my opinion, and it's just as valid as anyone else's. Maybe someone else will feel differently.

Anyway, I was in no way trying to be mean, just trying to help by saying that I felt your original chart (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18504) should be the correct one to use. I've received that response from members here as well and didn't take offense.

Peace.

Last edited:

starlink

That's fine. But please stop jumping to conclusions out of the little you read in the messages that we post here since we are not obliged to explain to you the whole story and all the background of what's going on to in order for you to determine what is appropriate and what is not for me or others.

Effie, please, you are sounding irritated here, when in fact, Misskitty has a point.

we are not obliged to explain to you the whole story and all the background of what's going on
In horary the backround story is crucial for interpretation. When I read you question, the first thing I thought was: is this business or more private?
When you ask: "Will he contact me again" it could be purely business like in an interview :
I had asked for an informational interview.

or it could be that besides this, you have also a more romantic involvement in mind as this quote shows:
same guy, same old situation, but I cannot help it

See what I mean?

The two questions might have been totally different, but then it should also be totally clear to us. We dont need gory details:) but just : "This question has nothing to do with romantic feelings", or "I would like to know about his feelings for me and if he will contact me without business in mind" .Something like that.

Still, even though there are two different places you are coming from (supposedly), asking exactly the same question is indeed confusing for us, as well as for you:
Guys, I am confused

In horary, when two questions are asked within at least 3 month, sometimes 6 month apart, then you are bound to get a confusing answer. I have seen it over and over again. Best thing is to just stick with the 1st chart and question you posted. (I dont know which one that is, but will look for it. Does it have the same thread name?

Starlink

Last edited:

starlink

OK Effie, I found the other thread and apparently Misskitty gave you a satisfying answer,apart from being the only one who kindly answered you there, because you wrote to her:

So, I guess your reply is pretty accurate because it cannot be a consequence that people here, from the horary charts I post about this person, keep saying to me that he is not good for me.

So indeed, this second question about "will he contact me" is very similar and therefore probably gave a confusing answer. It gave the exact same planets as signifiers which is remarkable. Venus and Mars. (just the other way around from the first chart).

Again, they do not make a contact. So then we look at the Moon (which is choosen when the main ruler does not contact the quisited) and Venus here and Moon also does not aspect Venus. Answer is therefore likely to be "no".

Effie

OK Effie, I found the other thread and apparently Misskitty gave you a satisfying answer,apart from being the only one who kindly answered you there, because you wrote to her:

so, indeed, this second question about "will he contact me?" is very similar an therefore probably gave a confusing answer. It gave the exact same planets as signifiers which is remarkable. Venus and Mars. (just the other way around from the first chart).

Again, they do not make a contact. So then we look at the Moon (which is choosen when the main ruler does not contact the quisited) and Venus here and Moon also does not aspect Venus. Answer is therefore likely to be "no".

No, I do not agree at all with you, and I am entitled to my opinion. If you cannot read in her discourse her constant passing judgement and subbtle attacks like "you don't have to be ugly....your significators are in the 8 house which represent you very well since you want to hear what you want to hear" (free quotes from her discourse) is not my fault. Her response was insulting because you cannot say to another person what to do (like "you should have posted in the other forum and not here", etc.) when you do not have the whole story!

I posted in this forum because this is a relational question and has nothing to do with a professional question despite the fact that we meet in a professional setting or the "pretense" of a meeting will be professional. I have every right to my questions, and to ask them the way I want like all other members, and I do not appreciate anybody else telling me what to do.

The question is no way the same, I believe you are not accurate trying to defend her response, and I am entitled to my opinion. If I wanted to hear what I wanted, as she claims so disrespectfully in the previous reply, then I would not post here to doublecheck with those who are more knowledgeable than me and her, but I would intrerprete the square of the Mercury-Venus as a 'yes' right away, and I wouldn't even ask. Her previous response was NOT accurate because it referred to the previous question that is totally DIFFERENT than this question. Actually, since you want to "mediate" here, I would appreciate if you read very carefully the posts so that you should have also realized that her response was NOT accurate because she says the previous chart gives a "yes" answer, and I explained above that we did NOT meet after all. So, not only was she not accurate, but also a moderate defends one member that gave a false predictions at the end of the day, so, as you understand I cannot trust her answers, and does NOT allow the other member (me) to get a "more" accurate answer from others since Miss Kitty did not provide me with a corrent interpretation of the previous chart since we did NOT meet after all!

I would appreciate if you did not interfere and allowed me the right that all other members enjoy to ask my questions the way I would like, when I would like them, and get answers from other people who maybe will not insult me when I challenge the accuracy of their predictions and maybe will provide me with a good prediction. I could insult her too by saying to her face right way "You were WRONG: We did NOT meet! Please allow somebody else to give me their lights this time because they may be right!" but you can read from my first response that I tried to keep it cordial and respectful and stick to my intention which was not to get "ugly" but get an accurate reading from somebody else since Miss Kitty was not able to read the first chart correctly because she obviously gave me the wrong answer. I referred to her being accurate in the previous question (which again shows that I do not post here to listen to what I want to listen and when I don't I get "ugly", as she claims in her response above: go above and read carefully how disrespectful and challenging her tone is!) because others before had told me that he is not good for me and that's it. But she was not accurate in her prediction of the "yes" of the chart.

I am entitled to doublecheck with other members (as I tried to point out to her too) when one member keep replying to my charts but keeps giving me false predictions, and when I stick with my question, she does not like it and she becomes disrespectful and challneging. If you challenge me, I have every right to reply back and defend my position, especially when yo become disrespectful and constantly judgemental in your discourse.

misskitty

>>since Miss Kitty did not provide me with a corrent interpretation of the previous chart since we did NOT meet after all!
<<

Actually, as I attempted to point out, in your first chart the Moon was cadent and in a mutable sign. That is classic in horary for either taking a very long time to come to fruition or the outcome not happening at all. I'm not making that up. You can Google it. It has only been a week since you ran that first chart, so patience and a lot more time will be needed to see if the prediction was wrong. If Starlink's response that I gave you a satisfactory answer was not enough, well then, you are entitled to believe what you want. :) Let us know when you run into him again. Also, the stars only tell us what will happen if no one changes course. You could always call him and set up the informational session yourself. There is no accounting for free will in these things.

Last edited:

Serendipity

Hi Effie

I don't think misskitty was being rude. Seems like she was trying to clarify what you previously asked and what you are asking now and just stating that they are similar questions, tough love kind of thing.
Nonetheless, I'll look at this chart and not the previous one.
So let's break things down in a simple manner. Since I would classify this as a romantic interest we'll use the 7th for him. You are Mars and he is Venus. There is no contact between the significators, that would be the first indication of no. As for reception, there really isnt any between you. Mercury and Saturn seem to play an important role for you both if you look at the dignities your sigs are in. It's interesting that Mercury could have potentially brought you together as it's separating from Venus and applying to Mars but ....but it gets to Saturn first which means interference. His wife in all probability. I don't see a lot coming from this. Sorry.

Effie

Hi Effie

I don't think misskitty was being rude. Seems like she was trying to clarify what you previously asked and what you are asking now and just stating that they are similar questions, tough love kind of thing.
Nonetheless, I'll look at this chart and not the previous one.
So let's break things down in a simple manner. Since I would classify this as a romantic interest we'll use the 7th for him. You are Mars and he is Venus. There is no contact between the significators, that would be the first indication of no. As for reception, there really isnt any between you. Mercury and Saturn seem to play an important role for you both if you look at the dignities your sigs are in. It's interesting that Mercury could have potentially brought you together as it's separating from Venus and applying to Mars but ....but it gets to Saturn first which means interference. His wife in all probability. I don't see a lot coming from this. Sorry.

Hi Serendipidy,

Thanks, I appreciate it. I just wanted to doublecheck, so if I had not challenged Miss Kitty's responses where she claims that we should had stuck with the previous chart, I would not have gotten another answer from anybody else. I thought too that the answer is No again.

Thanks for your reply.

misskitty

That is not true at all. I said several times that I hoped you got more responses from other members. That is the beauty of being on a public forum, we give our opinions and then wait for someone else to give their opinion. If you look back to previous threads, there are several where interpretations differ among members and that is how we learn. No one has ever had a problem with that, least of all those of us who are here to learn.

starlink

Effie, you said:

I would appreciate if you did not interfere and allowed me the right that all other members enjoy to ask my questions the way I would like, when I would like them, and get answers from other people who maybe will not insult me when I challenge the accuracy of their predictions and maybe will provide me with a good prediction.

First of all Effie, as a moderator, and seeing that you are quite upset about certain things, I feel the obligation to interfere here.

You say that Miss Kitty has insulted you. I dont see anything pointing at that. What I do see is a way of explaining to you, why she finds it a bit difficult to judge this second chart. I am not defending Misskitty either as I have to play a neutral role in all this.

Of course you can ask your question the way you want to, give information as much or as little as you like, but speaking totally horary here, the more info, the better to judge a chart. This is not my opinion, this is how horary astrology seems to work best.

Lastly, I think that everyone should appreciate any comment which comes their way, when asking a question. Noone can tell another person that his or her interpretation was wrong.
Like Misskitty clearly mentioned, she knows she is not an expert and can therefore make mistakes as all members, new to horary, are in danger of doing. I have made numerous mistakes myself and am glad when someone says I was wrong in a nice way, because I can learn from the wrong interpretation I made. In this forum it does not matter if the answer is right or wrong. We are learning here and cannot expect accuracy all the time. So responding in this manner:

So, not only was she not accurate, but also a moderate defends one member that gave a false predictions at the end of the day,

is really not the way to go about things. Like I said, I am not here to defend anyone. I am just saying that Misskitty was so kind as to be the first to answer your post, no matter if the answer is right or wrong and even if you would not have gotten any other answer, you could just have thought:"OK, lets see if the guy will contact me and after a week or so, you could have given an update, telling us (or her rather) that he still has not contacted you. This is the way everyone else usually responds.

Now maybe WE are wrong. Who knows, maybe he WILL contact you in yet another week from now. How can you know that I was right? or Serendipity for that matter? We also could have gotten it totally wrong.

This is all that I would like to point out here. So please let us know in a week, or maybe longer, how things go. We sometimes get an update half a year later. That is how we can learn, from the updates.

Hope all is said now and that we can continue just focussing on horary.

Thank you
Starlink

archergirl

I would also like to point out that when you ask a question on a PUBLIC forum, other members are entitled to present you with their opinions about your question. You don't have to agree with them, but nothing especially offensive has been said. I would have to agree with the other members' summary of the situation; it doesn't appear, effie, that you are in actuality asking anything different: it is the *intention* behind a question that is of importance, and if you do not feel obliged to give us the background information on the question, then it stands to reason that you will not receive an especially accurate answer. Misskitty is correct: you cannot ask multiple questions of the same nature about the same situation, and it appears from your very first post that this is the case. It would be of more benefit to you to go back to your original chart and re-examine it; it is likely to hold all the information you need.

If this thread continues in the current tone of voice, I will lock it. My feeling on horary is, if you are not prepared to receive an answer you don't like, then you shouldn't ask the question in the first place.

AG:smile: