Lawyer aspirations, please help!!!

annalubov

I am on the path to become a Lawyer, after so many years trying to decide who do i want to be in my life and what should I accomplish. I have been wanting to go to Law school since high school but the fear of failure held me back. For the past coule of years, I became this new person (fearless, ambitious), which is why I decided to let go of my fear and go for it.

Would I be good at it? what will aspects help to succeed in the law field. I am interested being a prosecutor.

Last edited:

waybread

Anna, I would give this a cautious "yes," with the caveat that your career choice may have more to do with your wanting a tangible outward manifestation of some inner emotional issues that trouble you. You may feel that you wish to punish a type of person who harmed you when you were younger, or that you identify with a group who have been harmed by a certain type of person. This isn't to say that this bad type of person shouldn't be punished; but just that you don't want your own personal situation to cloud your judgement in a courtroom situation.

With Saturn conjunct your MC, I think you will work very hard to become an authority in your chosen branch of law. The law as a body of knowledge is a 9th house matter, and my sense, with Venus-Pluto in this house, is that you might become an advocate for female victims. Litigation is a 7th house matter. Your 7th house is ruled by the moon in the first house of your outward personality. Whatever you are feeling probably will become obvious to other people, because the first house is your face to the outside world.

Jupiter is another indicator of the law. It's in the 12th house, which may suggest an interest in criminal law.

I wish you all the best in your chosen career.

annalubov

Anna, I would give this a cautious "yes," with the caveat that your career choice may have more to do with your wanting a tangible outward manifestation of some inner emotional issues that trouble you. You may feel that you wish to punish a type of person who harmed you when you were younger, or that you identify with a group who have been harmed by a certain type of person. This isn't to say that this bad type of person shouldn't be punished; but just that you don't want your own personal situation to cloud your judgement in a courtroom situation.

With Saturn conjunct your MC, I think you will work very hard to become an authority in your chosen branch of law. The law as a body of knowledge is a 9th house matter, and my sense, with Venus-Pluto in this house, is that you might become an advocate for female victims. Litigation is a 7th house matter. Your 7th house is ruled by the moon in the first house of your outward personality. Whatever you are feeling probably will become obvious to other people, because the first house is your face to the outside world.

Jupiter is another indicator of the law. It's in the 12th house, which may suggest an interest in criminal law.

I wish you all the best in your chosen career.

Besides the law career do you see any other talents? I am interested in criminal law. It also in international law where traveling is required. Before deciding becoming a lawyer, I was studying finance.

waybread

Anna, would you mind re-posting your chart in a larger format? This one is so small as to be nearly illegible. We need to read the exact degrees of the planets.

annalubov

Anna, would you mind re-posting your chart in a larger format? This one is so small as to be nearly illegible. We need to read the exact degrees of the planets.

here it is. let me know if it okay.

I also forgot to mention, that being passionate about the field is crucial to me. I don't see myself just going to work and do the job, but more so dedicate my life to it (research, practicing law etc.) and hopefully the prominence will come after. I want to be highly regarded lawyer, since it is my passion.

Last edited:

waybread

Anna, I need to be able to read the degrees. Can you save the chart to your computer at a 75% reduction from the Astrodienst 100% size, and then upload it as a clickable thumbnail? After you post a chart, click on it, and it you can't read the degrees, I can't read them. Enlarging a tiny chart generally means a loss of resolution.

Note that you seem so motivated to be an attorney and a prosecutor. I didn't suggest changing that goal, merely that you get some self-awareness about your motives.

LostinPhilly

I'm not sure who told you international law requires travelling, but thus isn't accurate.

International public and private law are two different things. International law would perhaps lead to a career in NGOs or government agencies, but hardly as a lawyer.

More chances with private international law, but again, I would suggest to specialize in a less general area because international law doesn't guarantee a job and you might end up doing corporate instead.

annalubov

I'm not sure who told you international law requires travelling, but thus isn't accurate.

International public and private law are two different things. International law would perhaps lead to a career in NGOs or government agencies, but hardly as a lawyer.

More chances with private international law, but again, I would suggest to specialize in a less general area because international law doesn't guarantee a job and you might end up doing corporate instead.

I am interested in politics/gov field as well, many of gov. officials have a strong background in law.

annalubov

:innocent: Hello annalubov,
yes, you would be good at law: The chart has Jupiter on the ascendant and in Capricorn on Ascendant in Capricorn. It's good and fitting!
:devil:
C

Does Jupiter still in 12th or 1st house?

if i to describe myself, it would be like something like that: doesn't like emotions to displayed, loves investigating, being in critical situations (adrenaline rush) maybe due to my sun in 8th. and justice/fairness.

Last edited:

annalubov

Thanks all for the insight, I also heard about nessus asteroid and mine is in 7th house. This is what i have found from the article

"This is the peace loving Nessus who is obsessed about maintaining peace, harmony and equilibrium at costs. This Nessus suffers from OCD when it comes justice and playing it fair. Justice is obviously on the side in which he is, a person with this placement will go to any extent for getting it. Using manipulation and preying on the weakness of the opposition, this Nessus gets it his way. A passionate lawyer who gets wins at all costs for his client. He is the most "dreaded" lawyer and deploys any method to win. When expressed positively, this person can win battles for those without a voice. He can restore faith in the judiciary. He can be the best peace ambassador for the country. Resolve conflicts and create harmony."

http://www.smartyoungsters.com/2015/12/nessus-in-houses-signs-and-synastry.html

kshantaram

Premium Member
hope helps reflections, do care to share feedbacks :

asc lord sat with 9th lord venus over secretive-investigative scorpio 9th,
aptitue for research-occult-alchemy-forensic science;
currently jup transit sat-mars scorpio 9th for luck-edu-research etc;

scorpio inimical-malefic for cap asc,
stress-delay in career-education-distant travels-romance etc;

mer lord 5th/6th for luck-edu-health-employment with sun libra 8th,
libra for law-justice-objective-public relations;
sun debilated; literary-oratory abilities, legal research, wavery mind,
prone to chronic heart-stomach-kidney issues,
success amidst adversity may be through diplomatic skills;

jup-moon cap asc, jup debilated, debilation cancelled,
gradual improvement in speech-finances-gains;

and ability to cope with opponents successfully;
able to survive challenges and adversity and health issues;
moon cap ambitious-hardworking-event management;

mars sag 12th legal aptitude/aggression, action in foreign land;

wishing well, kshantaram

Last edited:

annalubov

hope helps reflections, do care to share feedbacks :

asc lord sat with 9th lord venus over secretive-investigative scorpio 9th,
aptitue for research-occult-alchemy-forensic science;
currently jup transit sat-mars scorpio 9th for luck-edu-research etc;

scorpio inimical-malefic for cap asc,
stress-delay in career-education-distant travels-romance etc;

mer lord 5th/6th for luck-edu-health-employment with sun libra 8th,
libra for law-justice-objective-public relations;
sun debilated; literary-oratory abilities, legal research, wavery mind,
prone to chronic heart-stomach-kidney issues,
success amidst adversity may be through diplomatic skills;

jup-moon cap asc, jup debilated, debilation cancelled,
gradual improvement in speech-finances-gains
and ability to cope with opponents successfully;
able to survive challenges and adversity and health issues;
moon cap ambitious-hardworking-event management;

mars sag 12th legal aptitude/aggression, action in foreign land;

wishing well, kshantaram

thanks for the insight. What does it mean "debilation cancelled"? i am newbie. And yes I am pusuing Law in different country (going to school).