Composite OR Davison chart?? I confused...

Dark_Uranian

Good Day everyone... :banana:

Can someone have a look at my composite and Davison chart for me and my fiancee? I wonder, are they any difference between these 2 charts? Ive been told that Davison chart is more accurate compared to composite chart if you want to use them to analyze any relationship.

Composite chart- http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=compositelz4.jpg

Davison chart - http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=davisonto4.jpg

Synastry chart - http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=synastryeditgu7.gif ( the outer ring with red font are his planet placement. Mine is blue )

Both composite and Davison chart of me and my fiancee show many planets placement in house 1 and 7. And why there are many changes on the planet placement between these 2 charts? I want to know if Uranus in 1st house can show unpredictability in our relationship.

Which one I should consider, composite or Davison? Ive tried to look for Davison chart interpretation on the NET but couldnt find it. Can anyone interpret them for me?

And as for synastry chart, which aspects is good and bad for us as a couple? His uranus fall in my 8th house, is it bad for us? My natal chart also has uranus in 8th. I hope anyone can give their opinion and advice base on our charts given. He's a good guy, almost perfect for me. But cant even make his own mind when it comes to his family matters. Especially his mom. As if when he's with his mom, i'm no longer important and he refuse to pay attention to me like before. He prefers to listen to her rather than my words, even though dat could hurt my feelings. Please help me.
:46:

Thank you so much for your help. Merci beucoup. :9:

EJ53

Banned
astro.com provide explanations of synastry/composite/relationship (davison) charts. Basically though, I use them as follows :-

Synastry to see how the two people interact with each other.
Composite to see how they appear as a couple to others.
Relationship/Davison to see the purpose of them coming together.

But the forum rules require you to attempt an interpretation yourself before we assist/give our opinion. This can be very basic though, using general interpretations from the internet - for example, "in our synastry, his Moon in Virgo/3rd house opposes mine in Pisces/11th house which may indicate a problem in relating to each other emotionally". We will then try to help you understand why it might be a problem and what can be done about it.

EJ:)

Dark_Uranian

Hi EJ53 :)

Thank you so much for your reply. Ok, if we use Davison chart to see the purpose of two person coming together, does that mean that it is more accurate compare to composite chart?

Ive read before that not many astrologer use Davison chart to analyze relationship, they preferred composite and synastry chart.

I wonder why...

EJ53

Banned
Dark_Uranian said:
....more accurate compare to composite chart?

No - synastry/composite/Davison each serve a different purpose. It is not possible to compare the accuracy of a (Davison) chart that shows the purpose of a relationship to a (composite) that shows how the relationship is seen by others.

..Ive read before that not many astrologer use Davison chart to analyze relationship, they preferred composite and synastry chart. I wonder why...

Because they believe the composite/Davison charts do the same job. Then, it seems to them more logical to use a (composite) chart based upon the mid-points of two existing/real charts than to use a (Davison) chart based upon two non-existent mid-points in time and space/location. However, both of these charts and the synastry chart need to be analysed to get an accurate understanding of the relationship.

EJ53 said:
...the forum rules require you to attempt an interpretation yourself before we assist/give our opinion.

Why not have a go? It's the best way to learn and no-one on this forum is going to do anything but admire you for trying?

EJ:)

greenastrologer

I only recently discovered Davison charts but I have to say I totally love them! I'm not sure why but they really speak to me - I kinda 'get' the other relationship charts but when I put myself and let's call him "the love of my life" into astro.com for a Davison chart, the result almost knocked me off my chair! It just fit so well I couldn't believe it! Maybe because it deals with (I didn't know this before reading this thread) something intangible (the purpose/why you've come together) ... I tend to the intangible myself, always favouring intuition/that which cannot be explained by 'proof' over something that would seem to stare you in the face.

I haven't looked at the charts in question (I'm no expert anyway!) but I wonder why this is coming up for you? You said "fiancee" so presumably you've agreed to marry this person - are you now having doubts? Have you all along? Is there something in your own chart that may be exacerbating (sp?) this right now? (ie transits)

starlink

Synastry to see how the two people interact with each other.
Composite to see how they appear as a couple to others.
Relationship/Davison to see the purpose of them coming together.
Thanks EJ for making this one clear. I just tried to explain the same in another thread where a composite was used and I got the impression that a synastry was meant!

Dark Uranian, I am always wondering why people want to go into all three, synastry, composite AND Davison, unless you are only working with these and nothing else, like only concentrating on relationship astrology to become an expert in only this area. Otherwise, as normal astrological students and even professional astrologers, why not just look at the two separate natal charts, explain to the two people what their character is like, where the one could get problems with the other and where one will feel great with the other. You can do all that even without a synastry chart. I only put up the double wheel so I can immediately see where the conjunctions and other aspects to each other fall. What is far more important in synastry for me is where the planets of one person fall in the houses of the other, meaning where these energies are likely to affect you.But right after that I turn to the two individual charts again, especially to see how the natal aspects are aspected. Because that will show us how that person will act out in a specific house of the other one and vice versa. Synastry would be just about enough for me to look at, but always in relation to the natal charts, always!!

Why would it be so important to know how me and my partner's behavior are seen by the outside world? (composite). And the purpose of a relationship, another one of those things (Davison). Are we talking about a business or a love relationship.

For a love relationship,the purpose is clear from the beginning (I presume): form a family and love each other unconditionally till death do us part, or so it should be. That is the purpose of any relationship. What other purpose could there be?
UNLESS we are looking at relationships from a karmic point of view and we want to know if we came together because we have to learn a lesson in this life and can only learn this with the help of a partner, using him as a mirror for our own faults and shortcomings.

Forming a business together? Here maybe we could look for a purpose, like getting together because each person brings something necessary into the business to make it florish.

But how often are we talking here about that sort of relationships. It is almost always about love and marriage.

Conclusion: why make astrology difficult when you can keep it easy:)
Personally I get everything out of two separate charts and know if those people fit one another or not. And if you have a Venus in Capricorn of one person and a Saturn in Cancer with the other, you also see that opposition. I dont need a synastry chart for that, nor any of the other one's.
But that is me.... Dont let me keep you from experimenting guys!!

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:
My way of helping newbies is for them to do more research and learning rather than just ‘drop the answer in your lap’ and not necessarily to provide professional readings and forecast future events. If you are truly interested in astrology, I and most others here will help you…..
Having a Sagittarius MC is the sign of the teacher and I do indeed teach astrology. This forum is a wonderful community of all mixed levels. So instead of dropping the answer in your lap I may provide links to encourage you in the hope that if you are sincerely interested enough you will do the research and enlighten yourself….

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html

It's very common for progressed venus onto sun or vice versa to be involved, also the North Node of one person conj second person's sun or moon. Also Vertex is usually involved either natally, by progression or by transit. I use max orb orb 3' between each others planets. To research more on interaspects try here. http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html

We have a great 'Recommendations forum' for books software programs etc
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24

You could have the best synastry in the world, but unless you have good communications, are honest with each other about your needs, wishes and desires and 'both' of you want the same things...........then nothing will happen. It cannot make anyone change, or love you more. Some challenging squares, oppositions in synastry can be healthy, and may require one or both of you to grow in some way. Astrological natal charts cannot explain environmental factors, financial handicaps/ restraints and what position you hold in society, neither can it tell you if you are of ‘Royalty’ or beggar.

I am of the belief that people come in and out of our lives for a reason, either we have to teach them something or we have to learn something from them. There is Always an exchange,good or bad.

Good luck with your journey

ranchwoman

I am 61 and have been a serial monogamist until I met a guy when I was around 46. Been together 14 years. And have done charts since I was 18, sometimes off and on.
I have found that it is vitally important to assess the individual FIRST. Check out the natal charts and beyond... not even looking at the charts see if you are at similar levels of development. If not there will be problems. Are your values similar? Are either of you insecure? What sort of baggage and how well have you worked thru your family of origin issues?
IE: I was with a guy who between us we had one of the most compatible chart comparisons I have ever seen. BUT he was insanely jealous. so right off the bat forget a relationship...so you have to look at how mature and self developed the people are in relation to each other. .
So the compatibility can only be looked at after that.....even then big picture stuff can set events and attraction moving. Mercuries in compatible elements/same with venus and mars and let us not forget the asc. Not even looking at specific aspects. Moon if not in aspect better be in compatible elements or domestic harmony can be difficult.
Strong planetary similarities....and I find that if there is a strong Jupiter influence you will weather many storms as you always think well of the other person, remaining optimistic thru it all. (But I am a Pisces with 4 planets there and my guy is a Sag. with merc. there too.Get this I have Virgo rising and he has Gemini rising.Squared but comj. my MC...shared Jupiter and mercury.but I digress )
Saturn has to figure into it or the relationship won't last.
It helps if the man will acknowledge the astrology and work with you....so you can discuss the challenging aspects and work thru them.
Spiritually relationships can be one of the most powerful tools for self development.
Then I look at the Composite and Davison...and I am more and more edging towards the Davison chart. But as the other person wrote....see what goes on in the comparison....I might add that IN GENERAL I find men difficult to live with. But then again I have Sun/Moon opposition with Sun in trine to Uranus and Moon sextile Uranus(10th house)..so I might be a trifle independant and not your regular gal! LOL
Don't be looking at it with a microscope. Think big picture..uh oh is it that Uranus again!LOL. I sort of get a overall feel for the comparison. It is easy to get a little anal about it all.