Lost Soul Seeks Answers

A

Anonymous

Hello friends I am a very lost and confused individual seeking astrological help and insight. I am wondering if anyone can tell me anything important about my chart, such as my strengths, weaknesses, talents?

Thank you for your help

July 14, 1982
3:03 AM Moscow, Russia

A

Anonymous

Astrology, perhaps?

heretic,

Your chart is very challenging but also very powerful...your strengths are many and your ability to overcome obstacles are strong. However, you have an unaspected (strong energy) Uranus (astrology, also rebellion) in your chart. While unaspected energies are very strong, they also are not connected into the person so they tend to "wander" around, "looking for something to do." Something like astrology might keep your Uranus busy and happy. If you are interested, read through the six step astrological introduction here:
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc

Helping new astrologers-to-be,

Tim

A

Anonymous

I thank you friend, actually I have already read that website before and I'm not that new to astrology, I do understand a lot of it it's just that often I find it difficult to view my own chart objectively because there are alot of things I want to see and I suppose some things I don't want to see and I am always looking for a new perspective that may give me inspiration to continue with life so to speak.

For example what you say is new to me about the uranus, many people have told me that unaspected planet is weak, other people have told me it's powerful but only during transits. I really do not know what to think and I do not "feel" the uranus energy within me but maybe that is because I do not know how to feel it, but I do think that I feel most of the other energies of my chart.

My biggest questions are pertaining to my moon and jupiter, the question being are they singletons? The moon appears to be the only planet in the top hemisphere of the chart although venus is a couple degrees in the 12th house so I am not sure. And jupiter is the only planet in a fixed sign but it is on the 0 degree.

The biggest factors of my chart that I have been able to identify are: a grand trine involving venus/ascendant trining 5th house stellium of mars/saturn/pluto/jupiter trining midheaven all in air signs.

Then is the mystic rectangle involving venus/ac/gemini/12 + neptune/sag/7 + mars/saturn/pluto/libra/5 + moon/aries/11 with all these planets oppositing, sextiling and trining each other.

And finally and maybe the most important is the t square of sun/cancer/2 squaring the moon/aries/11 and the stellium of mars/saturn/pluto/jupiter/libra/5th which opposition each other.

I have identified these things but I am not good at interpreting them. For example I am not sure what the t square means especially in relation to my 2nd house. I know the meanings of the house and material stability but I often wonder if there are deeper interpretations available as material things are not important to me at all. Although this could be due to the lack of earth signs in my chart.

Thanks for your help

pwadm

Staff member
Re: Astrology, perhaps?

wilsontc said:
If you are interested, read through the six step astrological introduction here:
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc

Helping new astrologers-to-be,

Tim
Hey Tim

Great, great website you have set up there! I like very much this step by step approach, focused on understanding the chart and not on the technical details. Bravo ! :)

A

Anonymous

Further thoughts on your chart

Heretic,

I had a hunch you were good at astrology! The best explanation I have seen about unaspected planets is that they have no "way in" to the birth chart. The person with the unaspected planet will therefore tend to use the energies to an extreme degree, in an attempt to get "feedback" from the energy, but, since there is no connection in with the chart, the person is never able to get the "confirmation" of the energy they are looking for. For that reason, it is necessary for the person to develop a "faith-based" approach...trusting that the energy is there, and powerful, even though they directly can not experience it.

A "singleton" (according to the "Astrology Encyclopedia" by James R. Lewis) is when "In a bucket...chart, all of the planets but one are on one side of an astrological chart. The isolated planet is called the handle or singleton." So the Moon IS the handle of your bucket chart so it is a singleton. Jupiter, however, can NOT be singleton by definition, and is tied into the stellium by means of its conjunction with Pluto, so Jupiter acts TOGETHER with Pluto, Mars, and Saturn.

In my opinion you do NOT have a grand trine (I am stingy with the orbs for trines!). But you DO have a Double grand square, mystic rectangle, and two Easy Oppositions (half of a mystic rectangle) focusing on Midheaven and Ascendant.

The amazing thing to me about your chart is EVERY planet/point either is a focus or is part of a focus to another planet/point. The only exception is completely peregrine (unaspected) Uranus. The easiest way I know how to sum this all up is to just look at house focuses (not rulerships, but planets in a house): first, second, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth (moving awy from this focus because of South node there) eleventh, and twelfth. As to what you DO with all this energy, that depends on what you WANT to do...and astrology is a very good start to using this energy!

Helping an astrologer,

Tim

A

Anonymous

hey wilsontc thanks for your comments.

as for the singleton thing i guess you are right about the moon. as for the jupiter, it seems in the astrological community another definition of singleton is also that of a planet which is the only planet in a given triplicity/quadruplicity/house type (cadent, succedent, etc)/or element.

i don't know if this interpretation is accurate but i do know from other websites that most people are using it for their own charts. for example if your moon in aries is the only planet in a fire sign then it would be a "singleton." i don't know if you agree with this and i personally don't know what to feel about it yet as i am still learning but i thought i would just share that with you in case you haven't yet run into this newer definition of singletons (and apparently from speaking to a old astrologer, he says this view is a "newer" take on singletons not taught in the older texts, then again apparently the entire singleton function is a relatively new concept).

as for the grand trine i feel that i do have it in terms of my feeling it inside of me, because of the ease of mental expression and acuity i have always had, so perhaps the loose orb you're talking about merely makes it a weaker grand trine. however perhaps you are right and what i am feeling is not a grand trine at all but rather my gemini rising together with mercury (chart ruler) in the first house and aquarius on the MC.

one of my questions is what is a double grand square, or a grand square at that? i have never heard of this term, though it sounds similar to a grand cross which is 4 planets squaring each other but i know i don't have one of those so apparently you're referring to something else.

also, what exactly do you mean by my planets/points being a focus to another point planet? do you mean that every planet is aspecting every other planet so to speak?

also one other thing you didn't comment on my t square which is sun squaring moon and mars/saturn/jupiter/pluto which then opposition each other, i am wondering what you think of this position and how it affects me? i know the moon/mars opposition is quite volatile because the singleton aries moon is apparently disposited by its ruler mars and it causes alot of temperamental problems and a short fuse so to speak.

also how would one exactly define a mystic rectangle i still haven't been able to come to grasp with this structure. a grand trine is relatively easy to interpret because it's 3 trines, and a grand cross likewise because it's 4 squares. but a mystic rectangle can't be pigeon holed as easily so to speak because it has both beneficial aspects (trines/sextiles) and malefic ones in oppositions. should the entire structure of the rectangle be viewed as one enclosed system with the planets functioning together, separate from the rest of the chart? i'm not really sure...

as for my pursuits i am an artist/musician and am seeking to study music composition further to fullfill my dream of becoming a composer. do you think my chart is good towards this end? i have a strong 5th house with mars/saturn/pluto(conj. jup) in libra but at the same time i worry a lot that my neptune is lacking because upon inspection of the great composer's charts like beethoven, mozart, brahms, etc, i have discovered that all of them have 5 major neptune aspects such as trines, squares, oppositions. whereas i have 3 sextiles, 1 trine and 1 opposition. (neptune trine moon, opposition venus, sextile mars/saturn,pluto stellium).

thanks again for your help.

A

Anonymous

In answer to your questions

Heretic,

I am enjoying our discussion! FYI this "new idea" about singletons is actually from Richard Idemon in his book "The Magic Thread" (now out of print, but available for about $40 and up). In the book, Richard takes the quadruplicities of the houses (Fire, Earth, Air, and Water) and groups them as "personal" (signs/houses 1-4) "social" (signs/houses 5-8) and "universal" (9-12). He then looks to see how many signs a person has in each of the three sections AND how many planets a person has in each of the three sections. The book is well worth picking up, as is his other book "Through the Looking Glass".

On my website I group the Cardinal, Succedent, Cadent similarly into three groupings: Beginnings (houses 1-3) , Development (houses 4-6), Achievement (houses 7-9), and Maturity (houses 10-12). The same sort of grouping could be done for the signs.

Again, to keep things simple, I group signs/houses by Fire, Earth, Air, and Water and Cardinal, Succedent, Cadent. While I analyze planetary energy focused in a house (planets in a house) in terms of Beginnings, Development, Achievement, and Maturity and most recently (thanks to Richard) Personal, Social, Universal. By the way, I actually do NOT use these sign/house terms but instead prefer Stephen Arroyo's Identity, Material, Social, and Emotional, and Action, Security, and Learning. I like to use these words because it means I do not have to keep "translating" the more commonly used astrological terms into something I can make sense of!

You are an authority on you! If you are able to "pull in" the grand trine energy, that is fine, but remember that the grand trine aspect can tend to ISOLATE a person in an "everything is fine" world (for more on this see Noel Tyl's works).

A grand cross IS a grand square (simply different terms for the same aspect pattern (and you definitely DO have a grand square/cross in your chart, not a T-square). Rather than create a complex pattern of interlocking grand squares in a chart, I group stelliums in a chart as "energy focuses" and look at how they relate AS A WHOLE to the rest of the chart. So I look at ONE grand square of Moon, South node, Pluto-Mars-Saturn, Sun OR Mercury-North node. This forms one grand square with two options: either tieing in the Sun into the grand square or tieing in the Mercury-North node conjunction. For simplicity of interpretation (since the two options create quite a different effect) I call it TWO grand squares. In my opinion the most important grand square is the one that links your North and South node.

Again, for simplicity, I refer to aspect patterns (grand cross/square, trine, yod, etc.) as FOCUSES of energy (following the lead of Stephen Arroyo). These aspect patterns act to channel energy into a particular part of the chart: Squares focus on the corners, trines focus on the three points, yod focuses on the intersection of two quincunxes, etc.). So the more "focuses" a person has in the chart the more their energy is DIRECTED towards a purpose (instead of simply being scattered around their chart). Your chart energy is VERY focused in this way, indicating you have definite purposes and agendas in life.

The "mystic rectangle" is simply a name for an aspect pattern in which four planets/points are in alternating trine/sextile position to each other and which all oppose the opposite planets/points (for a total of two oppositions). It has the same "four corners channeling effect" as the grand cross/square, only it has less stress involved (due to the trines and sextiles).

You have Sun (performing arts) square (energy needs to be combined with Saturn (career) conjunct Mars (action) conjunct Pluto (power) focused in the 5th house (performing arts): I think you can accomplish anything musical you want to accomplish. Neptune (music) is tied in on your descendant and is a strong focus due to the mystic rectangle channeling your energy. You may not write music that lasts hundreds of years, but it should at least last for a couple of decades!

Helping,

Tim

A

Anonymous

hey tim thanks for your reply once again.

as for the grand cross, i have never thought about it and i am quite interested now, because i have never examined the north south node positions. upon consulting with a friend though who knows more astrology than me, it appears the grand cross may be a dubious idea however because he says that when using the nodes, a very small orb is allowed only and not to mention on top of that the nodes themselves are controversial when used in configurations. kind of how it would be debatable if you had a grand trine involving a asteroid, an angle and a planet.

however your argument does interest me because you seem to be a man of great knowledge in this art and so i am going to do some deep contemplating thanks to you. it just seems that using the north/south node axis for a grand cross would be kind of cheating since the north/south nodes provide a whole axis by themselves and then all you would need is another axis of only 2 planets being 90 degrees perpindicular to this one. this would seem to make the grand cross far less 'rare' than it seems to be.

i suppose this is due to the fact that nodes themselves appear to be controversial to me, as i have not studied them at length, so i am curious whether you have an argument as to why they should in fact be used especially since you are admittedly a sticular when it comes to orbs and if it's true that node orbs need to be even tighter than usual it may negate some of the aspects we're working with here. although the widest aspect seems to be moon and mercury square/conjunction the north node both at 5 degrees which to me doesn't seem that wide but perhaps some will beg to differ.

i suppose most importantly though, to answer these questions is the question of how would one interpret this grand cross? because if i can grasp it in my mind then perhaps i will be able to answer for myself whether i feel the t square with apex sun or the grand cross is more accurate. the problem is i am quite inexperienced with nodes and the only things i can say is that from my limited knowledge the north node stands for your career/destiny/fate(?) in life and the south node stands for your past life/karma actions. so it is a sort of life development that goes on from the south node moving towards the north.
also i would like to know, how are the nodes calculated, i mean where are they from exactly and are the nodes to your knowledge a new concept or have been around astrologically speaking for quite some time?

one last question, i don't know what software you use but i use astro.com and it does not list my moon as squaring my mercury because the orb if my mental calculation is right is 10 degrees and 26 minutes. This would prevent the mercury/north node grand cross as the mercury square would be out of orb with the moon. i know in configurations wider orbs are often allowed for planets (someone told me this) that is why i suspect that 9 orb trine that you say prevents the grand trine may be allowable. this mercury/moon orb therefore, if 10 degrees is allowable as many people would allow, is then only 26 minutes out of orb, i wonder if you would count this generally in a chart, not necessarily in this configuration but just as a general aspect? alot of people allow only 8 orb for squaures but alot also allow 10 orb, and this is not even half a degree out of orb so i wonder if it can be allowed as a weak square?

fensi88

Hi!
Just go to home of this great site : http://www.astrologyweekly.com and then on the left side you'll see " Learn astrology" and than in "Planets in signs", "Planets in houses", "houses in signs" and "astrological aspects" you will find answers on all your questions! I have been read a lot of readings on many sites, but this one is so accurate that I am amazed![/url]

A

Anonymous

Nodes and grand square

Heretic,

You are quite welcome to my thoughts! Yes, I believe the North and South node are VERY important in a chart because they indicate an answer to "Where am I going in my life?" I know there are all sorts of rules about using particular points and orbs depending on which planet is which, etc. But, again, I try to keep it simple. Different orbs for the lights versus the other planets (about 2 degrees more for the lights), but, in general, the "easier" the aspect, the smaller the orb. The more "challenging" the aspect, the smaller the orb. When I see Nodes tied into an aspect pattern, I instantly "jump" on it, because the challenge of nodes is "How do I move from my South node to my North node?" An aspect such as a T-square makes such movement easy (use the focus BETWEEN the nodes)! And I haven't seen that many grand squares even USING the nodes! They are rare and special.

The reason I include Mercury in the Grand Square is because it is conjunct the North Node, which "ties it in" to the overall Grand Square. As to "interpreting" the Grand Square, I simply say "You have much strength of focus in your life, indicated by the four (plus one) corners of your focuse energy. We now know the Sun is your performing arts...what could the others be about? Only YOU know this answer!

I am NOT a detail person...the "nodes" are technically the Moon's nodes and they have to do with the Moon's motion. Google "Astrology Moon nodes" and you should come up with something. The idea of the Nodes is a very old one in astrology, going back to Vedic astrology.

Again, it is about "Energy focuses" in a chart. If you have NOT read Astrology, Psychology, and the Four Elements by Steven Arroyo, it would be useful to do so. This will explain in detail the astrological theory I only touch on in my astrological website.

On the square,

Tim