Our Karmas and other people past lives

Julia Karmic Astrology

Fish, I just want to to make sure you included Chiron and the Nodes when looking for interaspects.

Chiron of course is considered an outer planet so you are looking for inner planet to Chiron DWs.

The Nodes are a bit different in that you are going to look at both inner and outer planets aspected to the Nodes, creating a DW situation. You can use a 10 degree orb for the Nodal interaspects.

Julia

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

On my chart, the North Node is occupied by the sign Libra and the malefic Pluto is there. :unsure: (doesn't seem my recent past life was a good one). The 4th house is about family and home. I'm concerned on whether or not I was a victim of disease or violence in a past life. In addition to Sun/Moon conjunct Aquarius (8th, house ruled by Scorpio) square Aquarius ruler Uranus in Scorpio (5th), I attempt to understood what were my circumstances relating to tragedy.

Rose Lineman, Karmic Astrologer, developed a technique which can give information about the most recent past life and sometimes indicates cause of death. It involves using the prenatal eclipses. But I think this is probably off topic for this thread?

And yes Fish is correct, the North Node indicates present life goals. The South Node and the Moon are past lives. A conjunction with the North Node in the natal chart will assist with soul growth. Pluto is going to help you with soul transformation and evolution in this life via personal empowerment. Take care that you do not use this to have power over others. By malefic, do you mean your Pluto is in hard aspect to a personal planet?

Last edited:

TheFish

Dr. Weiss is a graduate of Columbia and Yale Medical School. He is a physician, psychiatry specialty, was a traditional hypnotherapist working with phobic patients. In his routine practice, patients began spontaneously regressing to prior lives. He was initially very shocked and skeptical, but gradually with much investigation, began to accept the notion of souls incarnating. He put much on the line professionally to publish his work as he was the Psychiatry Department Chair at Mt. Sinai Medical Center. His seminal work, Many Lives, Many Masters, is considered a classic in the field.

Dr. Newton is a licensed psychologist, also was doing routine clinical hypnotherapy, when his patients regressed to past lives and lives between lives. He was also originally dubious and compiled a considerable amount of research before he published his work.

I greatly admire their scientific approach. I am spiritual to my core, but my Virgo Ascendant and Virgo South Node require that I be on firm ground. I also respect the courage it took for these men to publish. They come from very conservative professions.

Edited to add: And yes, NDEs (Near Death Experiences) do add to our understanding of the Afterlife.

Many Lives, Many Masters - I read that book! :facepalm: Many years ago though, I forgot the name. Yes, fantastic book and research!

I know it is kind of a pain and time consuming to determine the synastry interaspects, but once you do, it is simple and straight forward to do the interpretation.

Yes, they DO count as double whammys. The type of aspect does not matter. So add the Saturn/Moon as a DW to your list. In my next post, I can walk you through the interpretation.

Fish, I just want to to make sure you included Chiron and the Nodes when looking for interaspects.

Chiron of course is considered an outer planet so you are looking for inner planet to Chiron DWs.

The Nodes are a bit different in that you are going to look at both inner and outer planets aspected to the Nodes, creating a DW situation. You can use a 10 degree orb for the Nodal interaspects.

Julia

Yes I looked at Chiron aspects as well. I will go through it again to include DW's with different types of aspects and get back. Thank you for your help!

StillOne

Hi Julia,

Thanks for taking the time to explain some of this!

Hi StillOne,

Responding to your comments and question.

Yes I mean both natal and synastry. It is a karmic aspect, the inconjunct, and it is the cosmic equivalent to a modern day little yellow sticky saying "please take care of this issue once and for all in this life!" This has been deeply engrained challenging energy or situation from the past and it is time to deal with it. A person with more than one inconjunct typically wants to understand the reason behind the current incarnation.

Interesting, with 6 of these in my scope what would you make of that (including one to Chiron)... Seems a bit excessive? The sources I have on the inconjunct aspect don't really tell that much about it. Do you know of any good sources on that matter?

Thanks!

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Julia,

Thanks for taking the time to explain some of this!

Interesting, with 6 of these in my scope what would you make of that (including one to Chiron)... Seems a bit excessive? The sources I have on the inconjunct aspect don't really tell that much about it. Do you know of any good sources on that matter?

Thanks!

YW StillOne.
Yes, you have more inconjuncts than most! So that means you are going to be quite interested in the purpose of this incarnation and other spiritual matters. The aspects that are the most important karmic markers are going to be inner to outer planet.

You might want to take a look at Alan Epstein's Understanding Aspects, The Inconjunct.

Julia Karmic Astrology

On my chart, the North Node is occupied by the sign Libra and the malefic Pluto is there. :unsure: (doesn't seem my recent past life was a good one). The 4th house is about family and home. I'm concerned on whether or not I was a victim of disease or violence in a past life. In addition to Sun/Moon conjunct Aquarius (8th, house ruled by Scorpio) square Aquarius ruler Uranus in Scorpio (5th), I attempt to understood what were my circumstances relating to tragedy.

QUOTE=Julia Karmic Astrology;681996]Rose Lineman, Karmic Astrologer, developed a technique which can give information about the most recent past life and sometimes indicates cause of death. It involves using the prenatal eclipses. But I think this is probably off topic for this thread?

And yes Fish is correct, the North Node indicates present life goals. The South Node and the Moon are past lives. A conjunction with the North Node in the natal chart will assist with soul growth. Pluto is going to help you with soul transformation and evolution in this life via personal empowerment. Take care that you do not use this to have power over others. By malefic, do you mean your Pluto is in hard aspect to a personal planet?[/QUOTE]

CapAquaPis, I will be happy to show you how to do the Lineman technique for most recent past life, but will need to see your natal chart. And all of us have had lives where we were either saints or scoundrels, paupers or royalty, good deaths, not so good deaths, etc.

Julia

Last edited:

TheFish

Hi Julia :smile:

So these are all the aspects between my husband and I that are DW aspects:

Pluto - Moon
Pluto - Venus
Pluto - Mars
Saturn - Moon
Neptune - Moon
Neptune - Mars
Chiron - Venus
Chiron - Moon
Nodes - Mars

Does this look like a lot to you? :surprised: Is this normal?

What do you make of them?

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Julia :smile:

So these are all the aspects between my husband and I that are DW aspects:

Pluto - Moon
Pluto - Venus
Pluto - Mars
Saturn - Moon
Neptune - Moon
Neptune - Mars
Chiron - Venus
Chiron - Moon
Nodes - Mars

Does this look like a lot to you? :surprised: Is this normal?

What do you make of them?
Hi Fish! :)

The number of your DWs are typical of a married couple. We tend to attract partners with whom we have unfinished business from past lives.

We also tend to incarnate with our soul group, so there may be long standing issues which are complicated. We are complex creatures with complex relationships. Intermediate to advanced souls tend to take on as much karmic work as they can tolerate in order to make soul progress. Earth can be a tough graduate school program. This can be a bit disconcerting to us as we look at our charts, so many challenging aspects and placements. But this is as it should be for souls eager to make progress in an incarnation. But like graduate students every where, we tend to complain about the work load, and how every one is doing us wrong. :(

I am now going to talk about everything but the Nodes as I need more information. The Nodes of course are quite important, and we look at those in more detail. Can you tell me what signs and houses we are talking about with the nodal axes, and where the two Mars are located? I do need the aspects when it comes to the Nodes. Specifically tell me where your husband’s nodal axis is located in relation to your nodal axis. Depending upon what you tell me about this, I may need to see your natal chart.

Now to the other DWs on your list. Now that the calculations are over, the fun and interesting part begins.

When we see the interaspects, the karmic patterns from past lives are revealed. We do not know how these patterns will specifically manifest in the current life, this is up to the souls involved. The energy can manifest in healthy or unhealthy ways. I will state the goals, the hopes, and also how it can manifest in a difficult way. I can see the outline of a script, but the souls fill in the detail.

Let’s talk about Pluto interaspects, you have three of them. Pluto is about the use, abuse and misuse of power. These interaspects can indicate old, entrenched karmic issues that are powerful and of the treadmill variety. Many Pluto interaspects are telling me that these souls have been incarnating for a long time together, and hopefully have made progress. They hope to come off the karmic wheel and finish old business. We can move into grace, pay off our karmic debts, meet our karmic goals when we have done sufficient work. We need only do enough to change the pattern and move into grace.

(As a side note, Plutonic issues can be generational, collective karma as well. Some souls have taken on collective karma. As we move into a more enlightened time, there is cosmic flotsam and jetsam that must be tidied up. This will be shown in 12h, Pisces, and Cap Moon. So not all karmic debt as shown in the natal or synastry is personal, there may be some collective work taken on. There is also cosmic karma around power issues and empowerment of people, this is a universal theme. The human collective must, and indeed humans will, address these issues as part of cosmic evolution. However cosmic karma is beyond the birth chart, so I digress.)

In general, Pluto from a karmic perspective is about old issues around dependency vs independence, power, abuse, manipulation, separation, smothering. There is a need in this life to allow adequate independence and to come up for air.

Pluto interaspects are telling us that in past lives these two souls were most likely so intertwined that one eventually had to leave in order to breathe and function. The goal in this life will be to have an intimate partnership without smothering, or possessing each other. Each soul must own its own soul, never hand it over to another again.

Pluto/Moon may indicate strong mother/child issues or issues around abandonment and rejection. (A role switch would be indicated in your natal chart and your husband’s). One of the souls in the current life may fear being open about needs and wants for fear of rejection. Power struggles will arise and all of this must be addressed in this life.

The Pluto/Mars DW is showing a past life with an aggressive/will component to the power issues.

The Venus DWs will tell us about karmic themes and expectations around love which the souls have brought forward from past lives. A Pluto/Venus tells us that the souls in the past may have felt that there was not enough love, there would be never enough love. There may have been manipulation to maintain a love connection. There was a need to be in control of the love situation, with fears that one will be overwhelmed. A goal in this life is to spiritualize the notion of love, that no one person can meet all needs. The Divine is a source of unconditional and never ending love. When the soul has this source of love, there is enough love to give out, and attract it back.

A Pluto/Venus DW is going to mean a very strong emotional attraction between the couple which can be a glue holding a couple together. There may be power struggles or emotional fusion however. This signifies a possible past life where one person was owned by the other. In this life, there must be space and independence.

Saturn interaspects are about duty, responsibility, promises. This may manifest in the current life soul feeling a debt to see things through, to do all that is necessary. This is not a bad thing necessarily, we need some Saturn energy to act as the glue in long term relationships. This is the energy that can keep two souls together. As with the Pluto/Mars, with a Saturn/Mars, we are seeing past lives of power and will. There was a possible abuse and misuse of power and aggression. The goal is to let go of the need of control, each soul must develop according to its own needs. The Mars/Saturn will bring stability or obstruction.

Chiron interaspects are showing the that a past life partner wounding occurred, with the current intent of healing in this life. The personal planet involved will tell us the area of the wound. One partner has the opportunity to make up for past hurts, the other partner has the opportunity to forgive and let go. The energies of the personal planet must be integrated and balanced. We usually can not see who is the wounded, who is the one who did the wounded. It does not matter as roles switch from life to life.

Chiron/Venus is a major karmic love theme which tells us that the souls in question have been hurt in love many times in the past. There has been a desire to shut down and avoid relationships. In the past these souls may have attracted difficult and painful relationships to confirm the pattern that love hurts. The challenge in this life is to heal this belief by finding healthy and fulfilling love. Chiron/Mars is showing a karmic wound around will and aggression.

As you can see it is fairly quick and straightforward to interpret interaspect Double Whammys. You simply use the symbolism of the inner to outer planets as per your astrology training.

Julia

CapAquaPis

I think it's the South Node that tells about past lives - the North Node is about what you want to learn/develop in this life.

I was just told Pluto in the NN is about my current life on what I should do to make it better. A malefic can mean a negative thing, obstacle and challenge I must overcome to make the remaining rest of my life better. I have mild or high-functioning autism, a developmental disability and this affected my childhood to say at least except I never felt autism was a humongous issue.

My Venus in Aries SN conjunct feminine energies of Eris and Ceres is thought to indicate a past I was a woman (I believe I was, actually). My Moon in Aquarius conjunct Sun and Cancer ascendant gives off feminine energies as well...and I'm biological male in my current life attracted only to women (no matter what my body's sex or soul's gender is, my sexual orientation is what it is).

TheFish

Hi Fish! :)

The number of your DWs are typical of a married couple. We tend to attract partners with whom we have unfinished business from past lives.

We also tend to incarnate with our soul group, so there may be long standing issues which are complicated. We are complex creatures with complex relationships. Intermediate to advanced souls tend to take on as much karmic work as they can tolerate in order to make soul progress. Earth can be a tough graduate school program. This can be a bit disconcerting to us as we look at our charts, so many challenging aspects and placements. But this is as it should be for souls eager to make progress in an incarnation. But like graduate students every where, we tend to complain about the work load, and how every one is doing us wrong. :(

I am now going to talk about everything but the Nodes as I need more information. The Nodes of course are quite important, and we look at those in more detail. Can you tell me what signs and houses we are talking about with the nodal axes, and where the two Mars are located? I do need the aspects when it comes to the Nodes. Specifically tell me where your husband’s nodal axis is located in relation to your nodal axis. Depending upon what you tell me about this, I may need to see your natal chart.

Now to the other DWs on your list. Now that the calculations are over, the fun and interesting part begins.

When we see the interaspects, the karmic patterns from past lives are revealed. We do not know how these patterns will specifically manifest in the current life, this is up to the souls involved. The energy can manifest in healthy or unhealthy ways. I will state the goals, the hopes, and also how it can manifest in a difficult way. I can see the outline of a script, but the souls fill in the detail.

Let’s talk about Pluto interaspects, you have three of them. Pluto is about the use, abuse and misuse of power. These interaspects can indicate old, entrenched karmic issues that are powerful and of the treadmill variety. Many Pluto interaspects are telling me that these souls have been incarnating for a long time together, and hopefully have made progress. They hope to come off the karmic wheel and finish old business. We can move into grace, pay off our karmic debts, meet our karmic goals when we have done sufficient work. We need only do enough to change the pattern and move into grace.

(As a side note, Plutonic issues can be generational, collective karma as well. Some souls have taken on collective karma. As we move into a more enlightened time, there is cosmic flotsam and jetsam that must be tidied up. This will be shown in 12h, Pisces, and Cap Moon. So not all karmic debt as shown in the natal or synastry is personal, there may be some collective work taken on. There is also cosmic karma around power issues and empowerment of people, this is a universal theme. The human collective must, and indeed humans will, address these issues as part of cosmic evolution. However cosmic karma is beyond the birth chart, so I digress.)

In general, Pluto from a karmic perspective is about old issues around dependency vs independence, power, abuse, manipulation, separation, smothering. There is a need in this life to allow adequate independence and to come up for air.

Pluto interaspects are telling us that in past lives these two souls were most likely so intertwined that one eventually had to leave in order to breathe and function. The goal in this life will be to have an intimate partnership without smothering, or possessing each other. Each soul must own its own soul, never hand it over to another again.

Pluto/Moon may indicate strong mother/child issues or issues around abandonment and rejection. (A role switch would be indicated in your natal chart and your husband’s). One of the souls in the current life may fear being open about needs and wants for fear of rejection. Power struggles will arise and all of this must be addressed in this life.

The Pluto/Mars DW is showing a past life with an aggressive/will component to the power issues.

The Venus DWs will tell us about karmic themes and expectations around love which the souls have brought forward from past lives. A Pluto/Venus tells us that the souls in the past may have felt that there was not enough love, there would be never enough love. There may have been manipulation to maintain a love connection. There was a need to be in control of the love situation, with fears that one will be overwhelmed. A goal in this life is to spiritualize the notion of love, that no one person can meet all needs. The Divine is a source of unconditional and never ending love. When the soul has this source of love, there is enough love to give out, and attract it back.

A Pluto/Venus DW is going to mean a very strong emotional attraction between the couple which can be a glue holding a couple together. There may be power struggles or emotional fusion however. This signifies a possible past life where one person was owned by the other. In this life, there must be space and independence.

Saturn interaspects are about duty, responsibility, promises. This may manifest in the current life soul feeling a debt to see things through, to do all that is necessary. This is not a bad thing necessarily, we need some Saturn energy to act as the glue in long term relationships. This is the energy that can keep two souls together. As with the Pluto/Mars, with a Saturn/Mars, we are seeing past lives of power and will. There was a possible abuse and misuse of power and aggression. The goal is to let go of the need of control, each soul must develop according to its own needs. The Mars/Saturn will bring stability or obstruction.

Chiron interaspects are showing the that a past life partner wounding occurred, with the current intent of healing in this life. The personal planet involved will tell us the area of the wound. One partner has the opportunity to make up for past hurts, the other partner has the opportunity to forgive and let go. The energies of the personal planet must be integrated and balanced. We usually can not see who is the wounded, who is the one who did the wounded. It does not matter as roles switch from life to life.

Chiron/Venus is a major karmic love theme which tells us that the souls in question have been hurt in love many times in the past. There has been a desire to shut down and avoid relationships. In the past these souls may have attracted difficult and painful relationships to confirm the pattern that love hurts. The challenge in this life is to heal this belief by finding healthy and fulfilling love. Chiron/Mars is showing a karmic wound around will and aggression.

As you can see it is fairly quick and straightforward to interpret interaspect Double Whammys. You simply use the symbolism of the inner to outer planets as per your astrology training.

Julia

Thank you so much Julia! Yes I can recognize much of what we repeatedly face in our relationship. Especially the Pluto aspects hit a (painful) nerve. These are recurrent themes for us, extremely frustrating and painful to face, but I believe we have made some progress and have started to understand our problems better, and have made some positive changes too. But I feel we have a long way to go still.

As for the nodes -

My NN is in Leo, 5th house, on 18 degrees, his is in Aries, 3rd house, on 20 degrees.

My Mars is in Aquarius in sextile to his NN, his Mars is in Aquarius too, in opposition to my NN (conjunct my SN).

Julia Karmic Astrology

Thank you so much Julia! Yes I can recognize much of what we repeatedly face in our relationship. Especially the Pluto aspects hit a (painful) nerve. These are recurrent themes for us, extremely frustrating and painful to face, but I believe we have made some progress and have started to understand our problems better, and have made some positive changes too. But I feel we have a long way to go still.

As for the nodes -

My NN is in Leo, 5th house, on 18 degrees, his is in Aries, 3rd house, on 20 degrees.

My Mars is in Aquarius in sextile to his NN, his Mars is in Aquarius too, in opposition to my NN (conjunct my SN).

Fish, half the battle is recognizing the issues! And it is most excellent that you are making progress. Your chart is telling me with the Plutonian interaspects that you and your husband have high hopes to make a big dent in this old karma, old patterns. So keep plugging away. Keep in mind, you don't have to be perfect, just recognize the old patterns and make attempts to do better in this life, that is, not repeating the old patterns.

Let me take a look at the Nodal Synastry and get back with you.

Julia

TheFish

Fish, half the battle is recognizing the issues! And it is most excellent that you are making progress. Your chart is telling me with the Plutonian interaspects that you and your husband have high hopes to make a big dent in this old karma, old patterns. So keep plugging away. Keep in mind, you don't have to be perfect, just recognize the old patterns and make attempts to do better in this life, that is, not repeating the old patterns.

Thank you Julia, for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. This year Saturn is squaring my Sun from 8, and this transit has brought a lot into focus for me. It was hard, it still is. I try my best not to react to situations in the old ways but rather stop, breath, and listen, before I say or do something. This often leaves me feeling confused, scared, and helpless for a while but I guess that's still better than anger or manipulation.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Thank you Julia, for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. This year Saturn is squaring my Sun from 8, and this transit has brought a lot into focus for me. It was hard, it still is. I try my best not to react to situations in the old ways but rather stop, breath, and listen, before I say or do something. This often leaves me feeling confused, scared, and helpless for a while but I guess that's still better than anger or manipulation.

Saturn is a Master Teacher, Lord of Karma, so lessons will be learned with his strong energy to your Sun this year. Sun/8h means the changes will be about you, your ego, self, self expression, etc in the context of interactions, rebirth, expanded awareness. I think when I make my Synastry Nodal comments, you will have more information to help you.

Often times when we make changes for the better, it is scary. We are moving out of our old comfort zones and it can be disorienting with some anxiety. This is not always a bad thing. You and your husband specifically came back to work on anger and aggression issues.

Julia

Julia Karmic Astrology

Fish:

Let’s look at the nodal synastry.

You have a Leo/Aquarius nodal axis.
Husband has a Aries/Libra nodal axis.
Your North Nodes are trine, your South Nodes are trine.
His NN is sextile to to your SN, your NN is sextile to his SN.
His Mars is conjunct your SN and opposing your NN.
This forms a rectangle, an aspect which is a combination of challenging and easy energy.

The North Node introspects are confirming that you two have been together for many past lives. Soul mates often return to work on long time issues; the couple has a choice to make a happy, healthy relationship, or part ways. The trines and sextile are showing that a great deal of work has been done in past lives and in-between lives, but the couple may become complacent and not use the energy well. Transits may jump start the issues to be resolved. The Mars opposition to NN will keep pulling this couple back into an angry past and impede growth.

Let’s review what your respective nodes mean.
The Nodes tell us old patterns from the past, as well as soul purpose and soul intention for this life. With a Leo/Aq nodal axis, in past lives this soul was quirky, eccentric, rebellious. It was involved in world wide movements bringing change. This soul in the past, could have been visionary reformer, scientist, planner. In this life the goal is to make change in a way that does make itself a scapegoat and victim. The karmic goal of a Leo NN is to become heart-centered and empowered. Examine the strengths and weaknesses of Aquarius, embrace the good, leave the negative behind.

Your husband’s NN in Aries indicates a soul purpose in this life to develop the Self, but in an unselfish way. This is a soul who was enmeshed with others, a “people pleaser”, allowed itself to lose individuality. The goal in this life is to balance self and others. A goal in this life is how to balance the Leo and Aries energy, both strong energies.

In synastry you two have Mars conjunct Mars in Aquarius indicating strong will, but an erratic one. This could cause conflict in the relationship. Husband’s Mars conjunct your SN means that old patterns of aggressive behavior may feel comfortable in the beginning of the relationship. Mars is going to be old anger coming forward and pulling the souls away from their goals in this life. The Pluto/Mars interaspects underscore the use, misuse, abuse of power, manipulation and aggression issues are all going to pull these souls away from moving forward. Safety, harmony, respectful conflict, are very important relationships goals for this couple.

TheFish

Fish:

Let’s look at the nodal synastry.

You have a Leo/Aquarius nodal axis.
Husband has a Aries/Libra nodal axis.
Your North Nodes are trine, your South Nodes are trine.
His NN is sextile to to your SN, your NN is sextile to his SN.
His Mars is conjunct your SN and opposing your NN.
This forms a rectangle, an aspect which is a combination of challenging and easy energy.

The North Node introspects are confirming that you two have been together for many past lives. Soul mates often return to work on long time issues; the couple has a choice to make a happy, healthy relationship, or part ways. The trines and sextile are showing that a great deal of work has been done in past lives and in-between lives, but the couple may become complacent and not use the energy well. Transits may jump start the issues to be resolved. The Mars opposition to NN will keep pulling this couple back into an angry past and impede growth.

Let’s review what your respective nodes mean.
The Nodes tell us old patterns from the past, as well as soul purpose and soul intention for this life. With a Leo/Aq nodal axis, in past lives this soul was quirky, eccentric, rebellious. It was involved in world wide movements bringing change. This soul in the past, could have been visionary reformer, scientist, planner. In this life the goal is to make change in a way that does make itself a scapegoat and victim. The karmic goal of a Leo NN is to become heart-centered and empowered. Examine the strengths and weaknesses of Aquarius, embrace the good, leave the negative behind.

Your husband’s NN in Aries indicates a soul purpose in this life to develop the Self, but in an unselfish way. This is a soul who was enmeshed with others, a “people pleaser”, allowed itself to lose individuality. The goal in this life is to balance self and others. A goal in this life is how to balance the Leo and Aries energy, both strong energies.

In synastry you two have Mars conjunct Mars in Aquarius indicating strong will, but an erratic one. This could cause conflict in the relationship. Husband’s Mars conjunct your SN means that old patterns of aggressive behavior may feel comfortable in the beginning of the relationship. Mars is going to be old anger coming forward and pulling the souls away from their goals in this life. The Pluto/Mars interaspects underscore the use, misuse, abuse of power, manipulation and aggression issues are all going to pull these souls away from moving forward. Safety, harmony, respectful conflict, are very important relationships goals for this couple.

You are spot on Julia! This is very helpful, very interesting. Thank you so much!

I'm the overtly angry one in our marriage, I can express anger without problem, he is the passive aggressive one, expressing himself only indirectly. We are aware of these patterns and are trying to change our ways - at least I do, I'm not sure if he is.

Yes he's a people pleaser, very much so. He tries to avoid conflict at all cost. It's his comfort and safety, but also his greatest source of frustration because people use him, and he secretly harbors resentments. He's aware of this and is trying to change it but often can't because he's too scared of being rejected when he really speaks his mind or says 'No' to people (including me). Going along with what others think and do and want is still easier/safer for him.

My explosive temper and his secret resentments have over the years built a big wall between us, which we partly took down over the past few months when we became more aware of our behaviour and talked about it. He doesn't really want to talk much though, so for now I'm focusing on myself and how to change myself. I don't know what's gonna become of it.

As for my NN in Leo, I have four planets in Aquarius, it is very hard for me to live the Leo energy! I have had Leo's as friends and lived with Leo's and I never really feel comfortable with them. :sad: Although warm, they seem very egocentric and egoistic to me, and quickly bore me.

Julia Karmic Astrology

You are spot on Julia! This is very helpful, very interesting. Thank you so much!

I'm the overtly angry one in our marriage, I can express anger without problem, he is the passive aggressive one, expressing himself only indirectly. We are aware of these patterns and are trying to change our ways - at least I do, I'm not sure if he is.

Yes he's a people pleaser, very much so. He tries to avoid conflict at all cost. It's his comfort and safety, but also his greatest source of frustration because people use him, and he secretly harbors resentments. He's aware of this and is trying to change it but often can't because he's too scared of being rejected when he really speaks his mind or says 'No' to people (including me). Going along with what others think and do and want is still easier/safer for him.

My explosive temper and his secret resentments have over the years built a big wall between us, which we partly took down over the past few months when we became more aware of our behaviour and talked about it. He doesn't really want to talk much though, so for now I'm focusing on myself and how to change myself. I don't know what's gonna become of it.

As for my NN in Leo, I have four planets in Aquarius, it is very hard for me to live the Leo energy! I have had Leo's as friends and lived with Leo's and I never really feel comfortable with them. :sad: Although warm, they seem very egocentric and egoistic to me, and quickly bore me.
Fish:

I am glad this is helpful.

In past lives, the couple problems with anger, aggression, power issues were all quite severe. It sounds like things are better now, but there are still a number of issues to work on. All the Pluto and Mars connections are quite clear about this, as are your nodal connections.

You are quite correct to work your own program as well as ongoing relationships. Your husband came back to work on being an individual, to be his own person. Relationships were fused, with no self identity. That is a hard transition for him from your description. Sometimes Libra SN and other conflict avoiders do better when issues are first presented in written form that they can read and react to in private. It gives them time and space to feel safe with conflict. He can also reply in written form if that feels safer for him. Then issues can be discussed verbally. Also try to avoid discussion of multiple issues all at one time. Just some ideas to think about. I am going to send both of you some love and light so that you can learn what you need to learn to move forward.

We do need to work our own programs, we cannot work it for anyone else. We can help and assist others, but at the end of the day, it is our journey. When it is time for a life review with guides and angels, they will be asking the soul what it did in its most recent incarnation. Our guides are kind, but they are not interested in excuses about the insufferable boss, difficult spouse and kids, pain in the behind neighbors, etc. They will ask the soul: what did you do to move forward, resolve issues and use strengths, gifts and abilities to help self and others. Did the soul work on the natal chart purpose and goals or get side tracked? Did the soul pay off karmic debt or incur more?

With all those personal planets lined up with your South Node, you are going to feel like you have sub-personalities which erupt. These are old issues, from past lives, but feel overwhelming and possibly disturbing. You are aware they need to be resolved. And your husband’s Mars and and interaspects will pull you back as well.

Your husband who tends to merge with others, must be bouncing off the walls with all of this energy coming from you. All of them in Aq make it unpredictable, this is hard for him and you. You may feel as though these old personalities suddenly are transported across time to cause problems. The specific planets will describe these personalties, the Mars/SN will be anger projected out into the world or relationships. But the planets contain gifts that can be used for North Node purposes. Mars/SN gives you great courage in times of crises. Saturn for example wisdom, etc…. so take a look at the good traits of the planets near your SN and use the good of them, leave the bad behind. Of course anger is not good or bad. Sometimes it is appropriate, but your anger may be out of proportion to the event since it sometimes comes from the past.

It is interesting, your past lives as Aq SN were about creating conflict, and your husband’s past lives (Libra SN) were about avoiding conflict at all costs. You both need to come more to the middle, maybe that was one of your goals.

Read up on Leo energy, and try to understand it. You don’t have to take on the negative traits of Leo, just the positive ones. Warmth and creativity are examples. if you can find ways to open the heart chakra that would be good, Leo is heart centered. And yes with all the Aq energy, most people will be boring. You are from a past life history of being quirky, eccentric, unpredictable. I think you can still have interesting and complex friends, but work on some of the Leo goals. What is your sun sign?

I apologize if this is a bit disjointed, but for the purpose of talking about how to read a karmic chart, specifically synastry, I did this a bit bass ackwards from the right way to do it.Typically the protocol in karmic synastry would be to examine the individual natal charts of each partner. Then look at the synastry. Then synthesize the three pieces of data into a meaningful summary. And you can see it is the use of the basic simple astrology of signs, planets, and houses unpacked in a karmic framework. Nothing fancy.

Julia

TheFish

Fish:

I am glad this is helpful.

In past lives, the couple problems with anger, aggression, power issues were all quite severe. It sounds like things are better now, but there are still a number of issues to work on. All the Pluto and Mars connections are quite clear about this, as are your nodal connections.

You are quite correct to work your own program as well as ongoing relationships. Your husband came back to work on being an individual, to be his own person. Relationships were fused, with no self identity. That is a hard transition for him from your description. Sometimes Libra SN and other conflict avoiders do better when issues are first presented in written form that they can read and react to in private. It gives them time and space to feel safe with conflict. He can also reply in written form if that feels safer for him. Then issues can be discussed verbally. Also try to avoid discussion of multiple issues all at one time. Just some ideas to think about. I am going to send both of you some love and light so that you can learn what you need to learn to move forward.

We do need to work our own programs, we cannot work it for anyone else. We can help and assist others, but at the end of the day, it is our journey. When it is time for a life review with guides and angels, they will be asking the soul what it did in its most recent incarnation. Our guides are kind, but they are not interested in excuses about the insufferable boss, difficult spouse and kids, pain in the behind neighbors, etc. They will ask the soul: what did you do to move forward, resolve issues and use strengths, gifts and abilities to help self and others. Did the soul work on the natal chart purpose and goals or get side tracked? Did the soul pay off karmic debt or incur more?

With all those personal planets lined up with your South Node, you are going to feel like you have sub-personalities which erupt. These are old issues, from past lives, but feel overwhelming and possibly disturbing. You are aware they need to be resolved. And your husband’s Mars and and interaspects will pull you back as well.

Your husband who tends to merge with others, must be bouncing off the walls with all of this energy coming from you. All of them in Aq make it unpredictable, this is hard for him and you. You may feel as though these old personalities suddenly are transported across time to cause problems. The specific planets will describe these personalties, the Mars/SN will be anger projected out into the world or relationships. But the planets contain gifts that can be used for North Node purposes. Mars/SN gives you great courage in times of crises. Saturn for example wisdom, etc…. so take a look at the good traits of the planets near your SN and use the good of them, leave the bad behind. Of course anger is not good or bad. Sometimes it is appropriate, but your anger may be out of proportion to the event since it sometimes comes from the past.

It is interesting, your past lives as Aq SN were about creating conflict, and your husband’s past lives (Libra SN) were about avoiding conflict at all costs. You both need to come more to the middle, maybe that was one of your goals.

Thank you Julia! Yes, this IS helpful! :)

Yes, I guess my husband is sometimes overwhelmed by my bubbly Aquarius energy. I have Mercury there too, so I can jump from topic to topic to subtopic, and I know this is sometimes confusing for him. With him I have to tackle one thing at a time.

It is interesting for me to think of him as coming from Libra, this helps me understand him better. He has no planets in Libra, so does that mean he doesn't have as much old karma as I do?

I also meant to ask, are the houses also important when looking at the nodes?

Read up on Leo energy, and try to understand it. You don’t have to take on the negative traits of Leo, just the positive ones. Warmth and creativity are examples. if you can find ways to open the heart chakra that would be good, Leo is heart centered. And yes with all the Aq energy, most people will be boring. You are from a past life history of being quirky, eccentric, unpredictable. I think you can still have interesting and complex friends, but work on some of the Leo goals. What is your sun sign?

I'm a Pisces. I also have Moon and Venus (my ASC ruler) in Pisces.

Actually I think I do live my Leo NN! When I read your key words 'heart' and 'creativity' I thought of the charity/community work I have been doing over the past 8 years. I have created a feeding station for stray dogs in our area, which I feel very passionate about. :love: Currently we feed about two dozen dogs on a daily basis, provide medical care as well. It's very involving and emotional work.

Unfortunately my husband doesn't feel the same enthusiasm as I do, and some people in our neighbourhood dislike what I'm doing (and dislike me), so I had to stop expanding any further (which I had hoped we would do). :unsure:

I apologize if this is a bit disjointed, but for the purpose of talking about how to read a karmic chart, specifically synastry, I did this a bit bass ackwards from the right way to do it.Typically the protocol in karmic synastry would be to examine the individual natal charts of each partner. Then look at the synastry. Then synthesize the three pieces of data into a meaningful summary. And you can see it is the use of the basic simple astrology of signs, planets, and houses unpacked in a karmic framework. Nothing fancy.

Julia

No need for apologies! :) I very much appreciate your insight and help, and it does help me a lot! I don't feel what you share is disjointed.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Fish,

Yes the nodal houses are important. They show the areas of life where nodal activity will take place. And have taken place in the past.

Your 5h Leo NN is giving a double hit of Leo energy, because as you know, the 5th house is Leo’s natural home, and issues related to 5h will be important in this life.

I think you have nailed it, your canine feeding station fits quite well with Leo energy. It is very heart centered, you are passionate, and it is creative leadership. And believe it is 5 house in that you are feeding, and providing medial care which is akin to a parent taking care of children.

The only hiccup is that your husband and neighbors are not happy campers with it. Your SN in Aquarius, and the heavy painful energy associated with it, is showing that in past lives you got into a great deal of trouble because of your unique forward thinking projects. And this trouble has caused a lot of anger which you are still dealing with. In this life you are meant to make change in a gentle kind way, that doesn’t ruffle feathers. You are no longer supposed to be scapegoat or victim because of your innovative projects. Perhaps you might want to think about this piece, and how you can make your revolutionary ideas less alarming to others, which will prevent further damage to your inner Self.

You brought forward some strong past life energy, connected to your soul purposes in the present and past, but your husband’s Mars is there too. So he was connected to all of it. But yes, in terms of nodal goals and issues, you brought forth some old history in this life.
To use as help in goals, to integrate the good, and leave behind the bad.

A Pisces Sun and Moon means that you came into this life wanting very much to further refine and integrate Pisces energy. You have been a Pisces in past lives and you need to leave behind the negatives of that sign. A Pisces moon is the natural medium and psychic of the zodiac, but it can also be dreamy, escapist, with self-pity. This moon tends to fall into the victim/martyr/abuser dynamic. Which connects to the Pluto/Mars theme of your synastry chart.

You most likely have strong psychic, intuitive abilities, and a huge spiritual capacity which all could be used to handle the stressful negative energy that you struggle with.

Julia

TheFish

Hi Fish,

Yes the nodal houses are important. They show the areas of life where nodal activity will take place. And have taken place in the past.

Your 5h Leo NN is giving a double hit of Leo energy, because as you know, the 5th house is Leo’s natural home, and issues related to 5h will be important in this life.

I think you have nailed it, your canine feeding station fits quite well with Leo energy. It is very heart centered, you are passionate, and it is creative leadership. And believe it is 5 house in that you are feeding, and providing medial care which is akin to a parent taking care of children.

The only hiccup is that your husband and neighbors are not happy campers with it. Your SN in Aquarius, and the heavy painful energy associated with it, is showing that in past lives you got into a great deal of trouble because of your unique forward thinking projects. And this trouble has caused a lot of anger which you are still dealing with. In this life you are meant to make change in a gentle kind way, that doesn’t ruffle feathers. You are no longer supposed to be scapegoat or victim because of your innovative projects. Perhaps you might want to think about this piece, and how you can make your revolutionary ideas less alarming to others, which will prevent further damage to your inner Self.

You brought forward some strong past life energy, connected to your soul purposes in the present and past, but your husband’s Mars is there too. So he was connected to all of it. But yes, in terms of nodal goals and issues, you brought forth some old history in this life.
To use as help in goals, to integrate the good, and leave behind the bad.

Julia, you amaze me! You are describing my troubles quite perfectly. "Scapegoat" hits a strong nerve - I often feel like that. Thank you for showing me a way out (being gentler, not ruffling feathers). I will certainly take that to heart.

And yes, my husband was, and is, connected to all of this. I can see more clearly now how and when he holds me back (now and in previous years). Sometimes I think it would be better for me if I left, but I have done that before, and came back because of the animals. So, right now I don't know what to do. Time will tell, I hope.

A Pisces Sun and Moon means that you came into this life wanting very much to further refine and integrate Pisces energy. You have been a Pisces in past lives and you need to leave behind the negatives of that sign. A Pisces moon is the natural medium and psychic of the zodiac, but it can also be dreamy, escapist, with self-pity. This moon tends to fall into the victim/martyr/abuser dynamic. Which connects to the Pluto/Mars theme of your synastry chart.

You most likely have strong psychic, intuitive abilities, and a huge spiritual capacity which all could be used to handle the stressful negative energy that you struggle with.

Julia

You are describing me well. I know both sides of Pisces, I think nowadays I have my feet more firmly on the ground than when I was younger when I often escaped into daydreaming and, I believe, was not far from mental illness at one point. I became more centered and balanced when I started to meditate.

At the moment though I feel I'm in a bit of a rough spot. It feels like I'm at a crucial point in my life, like I have an important lesson to learn, which so far I only partly grasp. But I'm doing my best. Discussing this with you has helped a lot! I never knew the nodes can yield so much insight into my life. It has made things clearer for me. So thank you again! :)