Da Vinci Code – Is Any Of It Fact?

Opal

Premium Member
You have proven to be a fellow hypocrite and a liar with him in this thread. So of course you are going to join his condenscension to a follower of Jesus Christ. I am not going to allow to be patronized by someone not at all responding to many arguments.

Please stop your condemnation of my beliefs. Please stop telling people they will be damned for their beliefs. We are here in an astrological forum to discuss astrological concepts, without heresy from anyone.

You are welcome to your religion. Just not your base public judgement of others.

I don’t respond to many of your posts, because I don’t read most of the posts because they are condescending and condemning to others and myself’s beliefs personally.

I haven’t lied about anything.

Please quit condemning us for astrological conversation about historical figures, it has nothing to do with your faith, it is your belief, not ours, and we have the right to discuss our astrological and historical beliefs here.

petosiris

Banned
Hi Petosiris,
I'm being respectful, but in your faith do you believe in "Speaking in Tongues" in your church?
I leave viewers to make up their own minds over this without comment, on video below:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Ep0WHAsIY

The disciples had the gift of speaking foreign languages. I am not a cessationist, but I am wary of people speaking ooga-booga-baga-maga-orange-twenty-twenty.

''Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led. Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit. Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.'' - 1 Cor. 12 ESV

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
"The only people going to hell are those who believe other people are going there."-{anonymous}

Sounds like anonymous is going to hell. :cool:

Did you know that hell is just an antiquated English translation for Hades/Sheol? Both Lazarus and the rich man went there after their souls departed - Luke 16:19-31. The only difference is that there are two separate compartments. One is called the bosom of Abraham, Lazarus went there, the other compartment is a place of torment, the rich man whose crumbs fed Lazarus went there. The righteous await their resurrection at the beginning of the millenium, the wicked - at the end of it to be judged for Gehenna by Jesus Christ and the saints. Now, hell is usually confused with Gehenna, just as heaven is usually confused with Sheol or the millenial kingdom.

Monk

Premium Member
The Assemblies of God date of establishment was 2nd April 1914 in Hot Springs, Arkansas, link below:-
https://encyclopediaofarkansas.net/entries/assemblies-of-god-5121/
I'm pondering until tomorrow, i do have an ancient Greek alignment, but being a projected measure, i have seen this before, but only like paran alignments, however day marking isn't unusual, but i'm not sure, it is a Sirius matter, sorry for the pun, but by ancient Greek style it will fall at sunset on 1st April.

petosiris

Banned
The Assemblies of God date of establishment was 2nd April 1914 in Hot Springs, Arkansas, link below:-
I'm pondering until tomorrow, i do have an ancient Greek alignment, but being a projected measure, i have seen this before, but only like paran alignments, however day marking isn't unusual, but i'm not sure, it is a Sirius matter, sorry for the pun, but by ancient Greek style it will fall at sunset on 1st April.

I am not part of any denomination currently, though I have been in the past for a few years. I said I want to be part of the congregation of Christ according to the scriptures.

petosiris

Banned
Please stop your condemnation of my beliefs. Please stop telling people they will be damned for their beliefs. We are here in an astrological forum to discuss astrological concepts, without heresy from anyone.

You are welcome to your religion. Just not your base public judgement of others.

I don’t respond to many of your posts, because I don’t read most of the posts because they are condescending and condemning to others and myself’s beliefs personally.

I haven’t lied about anything.

Please quit condemning us for astrological conversation about historical figures, it has nothing to do with your faith, it is your belief, not ours, and we have the right to discuss our astrological and historical beliefs here.

I mean you did contradict yourself. Maybe you didn't lie, you just exaggerated - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1048100&postcount=598

''I am a scientist you are a blind believer.'' was a response to a comment that had nothing to do with condemnation or condescension on my part.

The genealogy of Jesus Christ has historical basis and multiple eyewitnesses outside the gospel of Luke (at the very least the gospel of Matthew and the Talmud).
First, the Jews were meticulous record-keepers with regard to genealogies. To understand a Jewish genealogy, you have to be acquainted with the Torah where there are listed some exceptions to the patrilineal bloodline. Such exceptions occur with levirate marriage (Deuteronomy 25:5-10) and when a person has only daughers (Numb. 27:8). In the latter case the man will take the name of the father (Ezra 2:61, Neh. 7:63) i.e. Joseph of Heli according to the Law.
Second, Matthew records the bloodline of Joseph who intermarried within his tribe to continue the line of Heli who didn't have sons. The oral tradition among the Jews also held that the virgin Mary was daughter of Heli, although they slandered her with blasphemy and adultery.
Third, the prophets require that the body of the Messiah be begotten without human hands and to be a sign to the nation - Dan. 2:34, Jer. 31:22, Is. 7:14.
Fourth, the genealogy of Joseph in Matthew goes through Jeconiah to deter from the idea that Joseph is the father of Jesus outside of the only possible exception listed above (Luke 3:23).
Fifth, the Gospels of Matthew and Luke are proved to the assembly to be wholly inspired by the Holy Spirit. The word of God is not able to be broken.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

...Please quit condemning us for astrological conversation about historical figures, it has nothing to do with your faith, it is your belief, not ours, and we have the right to discuss our astrological and historical beliefs here.
"In the Book of Daniel, there is narrated a profound event in the life of Nebuchadnezzar, the King of Babylon. The king had a very disturbing dream, and he wanted to understand its meaning. Daniel 2:2 NIV, informs us, "So the king summoned the magicians, enchanters, sorcerers and astrologers to tell him what he had dreamed." The astrologers, also known as 'Chaldeans', were part of the king's circle of so-called 'wise men' who practiced divination. The actual word for astrology in the Hebrew language literally means, 'divining the heavens'. Divination is the act of foretelling future events, or of revealing secret knowledge, by means of signs and omens or other supernatural agency. The practice of pagan divination is prohibited by God. It's in the Bible, Leviticus 19:26 NIV, "Do not practice divination or sorcery."

Divination was common among the pagan peoples of the Bible lands. When the Israelites were about to enter the Promised Land of Canaan, God warned them not to practice astrology. Says Deuteronomy 18:9, 12 & 14 NIV, "Do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there… The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the Lord your God has not permitted you to do so… Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord." Divination is actually regarded to be a grave sin. Declares 1 Samuel 15:23 NIV, "Rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry."

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/astrology-mentioned-bible

Fortunately, this was not the case in all faiths. In fact, in ancient India and even today, Jyotish vidya was encouraged - because seeking in general is encouraged in Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism)

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
There is a part of astrology that is most definitely not divination. There is a part of astrology that is most definitely divination. And there is a part that is in question to a different degree. This makes astrology a special case for the application of this Law compared to say haruspicy and augury.

Also I have to specify that the translation with the word divination must only apply to magical divination. There are other definitions of divination that may include the Urim and Thummim, casting lots and interpreting dreams, which are methods that have been used by the God of Israel.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
It seems like the medieval church supported and recognized the natural effects of meteorological and mundane astrology through the Biblical geocentrism and aether. Obviously they rejected divination. Astrology is not necessarily divination, though some divination does masquerade as natural astrology. Even the old astrologers took note of this fact such as Ptolemy who rejected many unnatural methods of prognostication, and Kepler and Morin and others after them.

You have to consider that Ptolemy and other Greek pagans did not want astrology to be associated with divination. They generally rejected such idea. Why would they be associated with deceiving magical arts?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi Petosiris,
I'm being respectful,
but in your faith do you believe in "Speaking in Tongues" in your church?
I leave viewers to make up their own minds over this without comment,
on video below:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Ep0WHAsIY
I am not part of any denomination currently,
though I have been in the past for a few years.

I said I want to be part of the congregation of Christ
according to the scriptures.

I believe that God the Father doesn't have a form
i.e.
is formless :smile:
He also says that true worshippers worship the only God,

who is incorporeal,

in the Holy Spirit and the Truth,
not with forms and idols.
you also said :smile:
I don't understand.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

doesn't have a form.

31-planes-of-existence.003.jpg

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

The Assemblies of God date of establishment
was 2nd April 1914
in Hot Springs, Arkansas, link below:-
I'm pondering until tomorrow, i do have an ancient Greek alignment,
but being a projected measure, i have seen this before
but only like paran alignments, however day marking isn't unusual
but i'm not sure, it is a Sirius matter, sorry for the pun
but by ancient Greek style it will fall at sunset on 1st April.

Hi Monk - these alignments are increasingly Sirius :smile:

CapAquaPis

I am very sorry for what the 21st c. may do to people with your condition. Lord have mercy.

Yeah, you read a post way deep in the history of my registered posts I have autism. What I'm getting is my post described the story of the Da Vinci Code. And secrets hidden by the official Christian doctrine they don't allow the people to know for about 2000 years. Christianity believes that Jesus Christ is celibate and the expectation of priests in the Roman Catholic Church should be celibate.

Leonardo Da Vinci had knowledge of secrets of what went on inside the Vatican. He was highly intelligent and had access to education not offered to commoners and peasants at the time. The secrets originated from the Knights Templar who were a group of special soldiers who took part of the Crusades in the Holy Land. Some say the Mona Lisa portrait he painted was actually his self-image...a female version of himself, a believer in the feminine side of a bigender God.

Other parts of the Da Vinci code story: the liberal Jesuits vs the conservative Opus Dei. Then you have the Illuminati, Freemasonry (or the Scottish Rite) and Rosary Chapel in Scotland. And the gnostics, European orders like the Bogomils in Bosnia or the "Bulgars" based in Bulgaria, and Cathars in the Pyrennes of France, with the extension the Knights of Aragon in Spain. These secret groups were persecuted by the Roman Catholic Church as "dissidents and heretics".

petosiris

Banned
How can the New Testament writings be corrupted, and the heretical writings be not, if the first agree with Old Testament writings written many hundred years before Christ, and the latter absolutely reject them?

Also why do second century church fathers quote a major part of the New Testament almost entirely in agreement with the writings we have today? When did corruption occur? What is the evidence for it?

Last edited:

david starling

I didn't say I don't agree with talking in tongues, just not with everyone who says he is talking in tongues, just as I don't agree with everyone who says he is wise or a prophet. :smile:

The Cantankerous sect of Christianity is being well-represented on this thread!

St. Cantankerous would be pleased! :lol: