Will I buy the house?

caltron

My husband and I will be beginning the homebuying process in November. This will be our first house together after many, many years of renting. We are very anxious to get in a home of our own.

There is a house I am totally in love with that has just about everything we want in a house. My hubby can be picky but he seems to like it as well. The house is one that the owners put on the market a couple of years ago, but it did not go under contract so they withdrew the listing. Their listing price was very comfortable for us. There is currently a housing shortage in our area, so while we are keeping our options open, there hasn't been anything come on the market in long, long while that I like as much as this one.

We don't know if the home has any major structural defects, but I'd think it would be unlikely because the home's builder has a good reputation. The main problem is that the home is in need of cosmetic updating, which we would be happy to do over time. I am thinking this is why the sellers were not able to get the price they wanted on the house two years ago. My realtor is going to contact the sellers soon to see if they would be interested in relisting it or selling it outright to us.

As for our financial situation, I am a little nervous about financing, since I will be qualifying based on my income alone since my hubby is self-employed and has some credit issues related to his divorce a few years ago. I still have a couple of things to work out on my end but everything seems to be on track. Also, it seems like the mortgage market is loosening up so I am cautiously optimistic about being approved.

My question is: Will I buy the house?? The chart looks promising to me with the significator of the house being jupiter and in my first house. The moon is also in the first house and makes an applying aspect to jupiter. Jupiter is in its detriment in Virgo, but is accidentally dignified in the first house--which may reflect the fact that it is in need of cosmetic updates. Jupiter also represents the seller.

My significator, mercury, rules virgo. Venus, the significator of my finances, rules the 12th house and is conjunct regulus. Part of fortune is in the second house, which is a good sign for my financing. The seller's finances is represented by mars which applies to venus(my finances by a square), which may represent some difficulty with financing or something.

The chart really does appear to be descriptive of the situation even if my interpretation is not correct! This is one of the first times I've ever asked a horary where there were so many good indicators, so of course I'd like a second opinion from someone not so vested in the outcome. The link to the chart is below.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...jPTFmMGJlNTc1MjQ5ODE1NjVlZWViOWMwYTU3Y2E3NTVk

Last edited:

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

According to Vedic astrology my observations are as follows:
Question lord is in the house of expenses, indicating that question is not asked in a comfortable position. Question is asked when it is fixed sign, hence chances of situation may remain same.
Housing lord is in conjunction with the lord of loans/finances which is retrograde and is slowing down its speed now.
I feel process may be slow or bit tough.
I am not positive for the question, possibly support from your husband may change situation.

caltron

Thanks for the analysis anoop! I know very little about vedic astrology, but I find it very interesting. I'm wondering if I interpreted my chart incorrectly according to Western/traditional methods or if the two methods are yielding two different conclusions.

tikana

you will buy the house but here is the problem

L4 is weak - in poor shape
malefic in 4th house - not good
strong merc rules MC = overpriced

caltron

Thanks so much Tikana! This is very useful information for us. I was so focused on analyzing whether we'd get the house that I overlooked the indications in the chart showing that it's in really bad shape/very overpriced.

I guess we need to do some soul searching about whether this will be a good deal and be careful about not underestimating how much it will take to repair and update it. The house did seem to be priced too high considering that it did not appear to have been updated since it was built, which is probably why it didn't even get a contract. But on the other hand, it is also priced significantly less than the other houses in the neighborhood that are move-in ready and we would never be able to afford it otherwise.

From what we could see, the house had a lot of ugly paint colors, fixtures and other "decorator's touches" that will be a pain to fix and replace. If it's more than that though we would be fully prepared to walk away from it and wait on something else to come available.

I think if it does in fact appear that we have a shot at buying this house I will do another chart asking whether we should go forward.

IleneK

Premium Member

Hi Tik and thank you for your comments. I wonder if you or other forum members might say a few words to help me understand how strong Merc (querent) ruling the mc symbolizes overpriced? I don't quite fully follow all the linkages between Merc and mc to come to that conclusion.

caltron

Hi Tik and thank you for your comments. I wonder if you or other forum members might say a few words to help me understand how strong Merc (querent) ruling the mc symbolizes overpriced? I don't quite fully follow all the linkages between Merc and mc to come to that conclusion.

I think because the tenth house governs the price of the house and that is ruled by Mercury, which is very strong placed in Virgo and in the 12th house, which it also rules.

I'm wondering though since Mercury also represents me if that makes the overpricing and house condition not as bad as they'd otherwise be.

Kitchy

Banned
pluto in 4th house likely indicates a lot of problems with the foundation/struccture of the house.

make sure you have all the info.

that which comes from beneath or inundates is pluto - in foundations of houses it's usually water or weak sand/earth - maybe gas/plumbing lines that could cost a wild amount to fix.

if you end up buying the home and digging up and repairing the problems, you could find bones or ancient ruins.

sorry if that's dramatic, but pluto in 4th of will i buy this house is pretty scary to me. i don't believe ghosts exists so i want mention that - but pretty much the same - weird inheritance of someone elses bad juju is how i see it. cheap or not - ask yourself if this stuff will bother you in 1 or 10 years.

caltron

pluto in 4th house likely indicates a lot of problems with the foundation/struccture of the house.

make sure you have all the info.

that which comes from beneath or inundates is pluto - in foundations of houses it's usually water or weak sand/earth - maybe gas/plumbing lines that could cost a wild amount to fix.

if you end up buying the home and digging up and repairing the problems, you could find bones or ancient ruins.

sorry if that's dramatic, but pluto in 4th of will i buy this house is pretty scary to me. i don't believe ghosts exists so i want mention that - but pretty much the same - weird inheritance of someone elses bad juju is how i see it. cheap or not - ask yourself if this stuff will bother you in 1 or 10 years.

Ugh, problems with the foundation or plumbing would be an automatic deal breaker! A retrograde Saturn on cusp of 4th and Pluto in the 4th. Hmmm...I might need to start trying to emotionally detach myself from this house.

tikana

I think because the tenth house governs the price of the house and that is ruled by Mercury, which is very strong placed in Virgo and in the 12th house, which it also rules.

I'm wondering though since Mercury also represents me if that makes the overpricing and house condition not as bad as they'd otherwise be.

you NEVER want exalt / dom when you are looking for a bargain

caltron

Just wanted to update this thread. My realtor had me write a personal letter to the owners of the house. They contacted my realtor today and they want to sell the house next year!!!!!!! I can't believe it. Coincidentally, the sellers actually knew of me through my work.

We still have a long way to go in this journey, but just the fact that they are willing to sell makes me feel like this could actually happen. In my natal chart, Jupiter is about to enter my first house so I know I'm supposed to have some good luck in the upcoming months. I'm a little worried about a huge letdown along the way(financing could fall through, house could be a mess, etc.), but for now, I'm really optimistic that this house could be ours.

The next big hurdle will be financing. The state of Venus seems to be descriptive of my financial condition peregrine and in the 12th house, but tightly conjunct Regulus and disposited by a strong Sun. This will be the first home we've bought together and everyone knows the first house is usually the hardest to get. Venus is square Mars, which is the ruler of the 8th house/other people's money. Applying square between Venus and Mars as well as an applying square with Saturn, possibly indicating a tough battle. Venus, Mars and Saturn are all pretty weak, but Venus will win out due to the Regulus conjunction. I feel like we've had to fight a lot of battles to even be in a position to apply, but I knew that going in and have prepared accordingly. Also, and this may be a stretch since I'm a novice, the Sun ruling the 12th house seems to have significance. I've read that the 12th house is the house associated with guardian angels and the Sun is associated with father figures. Coincidentally, my dad has stepped up in a big way to help us get a mortgage.