Past Solar return experiances

neat

People should start posting past solar return experiances they have had.I tell u guys the truth for me personally the solar return hasnt worked at all for me.I pulled up 10 past solar return charts and thought back to those years and have read what the planets in specific houses mean and these things didnt happen.This year i have what to looks like a really good SR and 5 weeks have past and still its the same as always.So im just curious how well SR works for other people

siren1111

I usually have an astrologer in NY do my solar return chart. During the last three years, they've been spot on. This has led to my interest in learning astrology myself.

JPK

How accurate is your birth time?
You might try to rectify your chart and see if it might be off by a bit.
I have had really good results with solar returns over the years.

neat

My details are right i looked at my birth certificate and i also asked my mother and father and they told me the same thing.Its been 2 months since my solar return and still its the same old borng life.I still have 10 months so ill see if things change because my SR says this will be a big year for me both romanticly and careerwise and its not just one thing its several combinations so if these 10 months pass and still nothing has happend then i guess astro isnt for me

aquarius7000

Hi,
My details are right i looked at my birth certificate and i also asked my mother and father and they told me the same thing.Its been 2 months since my solar return and still its the same old borng life.I still have 10 months so ill see if things change because my SR says this will be a big year for me both romanticly and careerwise and its not just one thing its several combinations so if these 10 months pass and still nothing has happend then i guess astro isnt for me
Not sure what exactly you expect of astrology or a Solar return chart. No solar by itself can do anything. Reflections of 'changes' that a SR might be indicative of have to be reflected in progressions, transits, etc.

And, I am rather sure that even if Siren asked their astrologer in NY, they will also have looked at progressions, etc before giving their reading to Siren.

:)AQ7

PS: For learning purposes, your initial idea of chalking down our experiences is good though. :)

T

Teb

followed these directions to get a precessed s/r chart:

1. Create a SR chart - having a natal chart and using the proper option. Notice the hour of the return shown under the reference place
2. Change the SR chart options - from tropical to Fagan/Bradley geocentric (sidereal); from Extended Chart Selection - Option - Zodiac
3. Note the new time of the return
4. Create a new "natal" chart using the #3 data to get a time of birth, and reference place to get a place of birth.
5. View the new "natal" chart in tropical mode again.
6. Enjoy your precessed SR chart

ethertwist

followed these directions to get a precessed s/r chart:

1. Create a SR chart - having a natal chart and using the proper option. Notice the hour of the return shown under the reference place
2. Change the SR chart options - from tropical to Fagan/Bradley geocentric (sidereal); from Extended Chart Selection - Option - Zodiac
3. Note the new time of the return
4. Create a new "natal" chart using the #3 data to get a time of birth, and reference place to get a place of birth.
5. View the new "natal" chart in tropical mode again.
6. Enjoy your precessed SR chart

What is the purpose of precessing a chart and what information does the precessed (sidereal) chart give that the tropical chart doesn't? I've alwasy been curious about this. :smile:

T

Teb

my tradition sr asc is in virgo exactly conjunct venus. so far the precessed solar return is not showing me much although my bday is in aug.

zoumizzouzou

From what I've read so far, they seem to be dead on, (my year of "21" has just begun about four months ago). So 2011 was correct. I will update later after I've read back on a few more years.

JUPITERASC

People should start posting past solar return experiances they have had.I tell u guys the truth for me personally the solar return hasnt worked at all for me.I pulled up 10 past solar return charts and thought back to those years and have read what the planets in specific houses mean and these things didnt happen.This year i have what to looks like a really good SR and 5 weeks have past and still its the same as always.So im just curious how well SR works for other people
A Solar Return chart is dependent on the accuracy of the time of birth of the natal chart.

If natal chart is not accurate then Solar Return cannot provide the relevant information

Also a Solar Return chart is read in tandem with the natal chart because the natal chart shows the natal promise :smile:

ashriia

my solar returns have been spot on. I recently switched over to whole signs to read my natal & solar returns and i find them so much more precise because my ascendant is at 29 degrees. I think when working with late ascendants whole signs is certainly the way to go. Also I was doing my solar returns for my relocated area for awhile...and find that using my place of birth, despite not being there is more precise than the relocated SR. I don't know why astrologers recommend relocating the SR, it's just not accurate enough IMO.