Can't live a normal life. Please, I need career advice.

natrive

I have already tried to have a normal job, about 15 times, and I can never find a fit. I always felt I needed to have job that made me happy and fulfilled. Something with a purpose. But I'm having trouble finding out what that is.
Could someone please give me some insight into any natural inclinations I might have, career wise, based on my chart? I just want to do what I was meant to do.

Thank you,

Jesse

Peace.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_jesse_verrier.9550.14125.png
    astro_w2gw_jesse_verrier.9550.14125.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

waybread

Jessie, you look like one very intense Scorpio to me! I don't know that your vocation in life will make you happy-happy, because I think you need a life lived close to the bone. This need for a life lived with intensity and courage is reinforced by your moon in Aries. Yes, you can play it safe, but then you can look forward to a life of "quiet desperation."

If you've got a college degree, have you thought of the Peace Corps or AmeriCorps VISTA? https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorpsvista

If you don't have a degree, I would encourage you to get one. There are lower-cost options, like doing a lot of courses on-line.

waybread

p.s. I think the lucky ones wake up one day and realize that they have a burning urge to be a doctor or an architect or something. A lot of us have the "good enough" job, because our life focus lies somewhere else.

You appear to have some artistic talent. Music? Art?

natrive

Hello waybread. :)

Thank you so much for reading my post. I believe you may be on to something about me being a true scorpio and need to have a career that is to the bone. lol. I wouldn't be able to compensate for something that seemed to suck the soul out of me. As much as I like the idea of the Peace Corps, it is unfortunately not a long term solution. As for music I do play it. I post some of my stuff on soundcloud. But never have I dedicated myself to the craft. It's been love/hate relationship. Sometimes, I have fantasies of being a surfer. And and at others times, president. But that's about it. lol.

aquarius7000

Natrive,

A question: can you tell me if one of the challenges you have is that you get bored quite easily in your jobs, like feel like you are not interested in the job you are in due to it being monotonous, same old drag, and that after a short time itself? You Venus (ruler of the MC) is dignified, so you will have a good career life. And, given that Venus, yes, you want to go into creativity somehow. Even if it is linked to tech. Like web designing.

By the way, your Asc. is so borderline. Can you tell me if you are rather narrow structured and perhaps bony? Or, are you big boned possibly and perhaps a broad forehead and/or nose?

waybread

natrive, the wisdom from my refrigerator magnet says, "Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." So long as you are waiting for the universe to whisper in your ear what is your calling in life, or hoping an astrologer will read it transparently off your chart, you probably won't find it.

I mean, what if I said your vocation in life is to be a plumber? That would be totally appropriate to your Scorpio sun-Pluto-Mars; and plumbers make really good money. Or a paramedic? (I might have said doctor, but it's a bit late, though not impossible, if you haven't followed the required curriculum as an undergrad.)

I can't tell you what you "should" do with your life because you need to summon up what you have within you. I can tell you what I think you'd be good at.

Have you thought of enlisting in the military?

A lot of what it takes to have a job you'd be good at means sticking to it, even the parts you hate initially, and then setting some short- or medium-term goals for your life.

natrive

Hello Aquarius,

You would be correct in your conjectures. I do get bored pretty easily and find myself having to entertain myself. Although this may just be due to not working jobs which require much personal interest or passion. Although I can find myself getting lost in the perfectionism of my job.

I am quite bony. Good guess. Is there some sort of significance of have a 29 degree ascendant?

natrive

waybread, you are wise beyond your years. That magnet must have been placed their years ago by a very intelligent person. I suppose you have gotten to the crux of my issue, and very quickly I might add. I'ts not so much with not having a career I can identify with that makes me suffer. It's more along the terms of an existential crisis. I feel like there's something inside me that needs to get out. But I have releases things from my inner self and never has it led me to any more clarity. I'm not sure how far I have to dig to know who I am. I am beginning to wonder if self-awareness is even meant for me or is necessary for me to do what it is I'm supposed to do. Perhaps I was just meant to lead an ordinary life, as disappointing as that sounds. I just may not be very special.

But plumbing?

Have considered the military but I don't believe in killing unless it is to kill something that needs to be killed.

:)

waybread

thanks, natrive. Actually, my years are many, so my wisdom still needs to catch up.

Yeah, that's my one profound refrigerator magnet. The others have to do with cooking with wine, or they are pictures of national parks.

Possibly your quest to find yourself will come from something other than a career, like becoming a long-haul world-traveler, or hiking the Appalachian trail solo.

But what if your "self" were a moving target? Who you are today won't be the "you" of 10 years from now.

I still don't know if you have a college degree, but if you do, or think you should, you might consider that skilled trades are in high demand just now, and a lot of them pay well.

I recall a cousin of mine, university graduate, who became a highly placed corporate executive. I think there was just a bit too much pressure on his sons to follow a similar life path. But one who rebelled, did so spectacularly. He became a skilled auto mechanic. He now works for a major foreign automobile dealership service department, which pays him a really good salary with really good benefits.

So it might be good to think outside the box.

I think that if you enlist in the military, you can choose what kind of path you want. Hey, you might be happy on a submarine, or as a medic who saves lives, not destroys them.

Your sun-Mars-Pluto is in the 11th house of friendship, as well as your hopes and wishes for the future. You might actually prefer to work for a large organization where your co-workers are also your friends.

I thought you would turn up your nose at plumbing. But actually, Scorpio and Pluto like to "plumb" the depths of human existence. They are not afraid of situations that make other signs really squeamish. Mars rules metal objects.

The thing of a career, also, is that you don't have to do it for life. Hopefully this takes some of the pressure off of finding the one true vocation in life. Just do a committed career for some of your life. Just more persistently than you've done so far.

aquarius7000

Hi,

I am trying to gauge if your Asc. could possible fall in Cap instead of Sag. Would you say you are fairly serious-minded? Any maladies during childhood? Are you quite interested in the overseas, foreign languages, foreign travel?

Would you say that 2016 & 2017 more so were especially tough years for you in some way? I don't mean like you wanting to change jobs due to boredom, but, tough in ways that perhaps you were even mentally depressed for longer periods and felt a sense of gloom and heaviness? Perhaps problems healthwise, although you are wonderfully young.

Luckily, even if your Asc. is different, your MC and IC axis will remain where it is, sign wise. The problem with boredom will remain most likely for many years per your natal chart, so you have to learn to curb it yourself and practise feeling satisfied. Otherwise, you could end up spoiling your career if you, say, job hopped a lot. Right now, it is fine because you are young, so still testing the waters kind of, but just as a word of caution, since you are young, it is easier for you to sort of mentally train your own self to practise sticking to something in order to grow in it. More quality than quantity kind of thing.

natrive

Bread, you're proving your self to be quite the interesting dude/woman. I have a sinking feeling that the person I was 5 years ago is less intelligent than the person I am not. So you are correct about the moving target concept. I believe thinking out of the box is exactly what I need. I have been narrowing my options down as much as is possible when perhaps I should of expanding my perspective. I suppose I lack inspiration and vision. I would only wish to be the man I truely am without compromise. And get paid well enough for it. I don't want a job to steal my soul. Perhaps, I have something I can offer the world.

natrive

Aquarius, according to all the natal charts I have completed, my ascendant always lies in 29 degrees sag. That being said, I have north node, lilith, uranus, neptun and juno, all in the first house. So I suppose maybe that would affect my physical appearance. As for my personality, I am parodoxical. I am deadly serious sometimes to the detriment of common sense, and at other times I am downright childish. I've been depressed my entire life, I'm afraid.

aquarius7000

Aquarius, according to all the natal charts I have completed, my ascendant always lies in 29 degrees sag. That being said, I have north node, lilith, uranus, neptun and juno, all in the first house. So I suppose maybe that would affect my physical appearance. As for my personality, I am parodoxical. I am deadly serious sometimes to the detriment of common sense, and at other times I am downright childish. I've been depressed my entire life, I'm afraid.
I will go more by the answers you are supplying me with (bony, depressed...) than the 29* in all charts pulled because, obviously, if your birth time is amiss even a bit, your Asc. could be in Cap.

You forgot to answer one question in my previous post - about 2016 and 2017.

natrive

Oh excuse me, I'm not the greatest at answering all questions.

The answer is no 2016 and 2017 were not paticularly more difficult thatn any other years.

Why do you ask?

natrive

My birth time isn't off. Unless my doctor wrote down the wrong time. Once again, what does my ascendant have to do with this topic?

waybread

natrive, A7000 will speak for her self, but a truism in astrology is the need to look at the entire chart to get a sense of the entire person. Just for example, someone might have talent so bright you'd need sunglasses just to look at it, but other chart placements suggest that this is a shy person who would hate always being the focus of attention in a public arena, but would be happiest working behind the scenes.

I tend to think your ToB is accurate because 9:09 is down to the minute, not rounded to 9:10 or 9:00, which used to be a common practice on birth certificates.

My son has a late degree of Sagittarius rising, but Sagittarius suits him to a T. No way would I wonder if this were a Capricorn rising: they're very different personalities.

In scrolling through my list of new posts on my thread subscriptions this morning, it hit me that you are asking why you can't seem to live a "normal life." I think the foundational reason is because you are one heck of an intense Scorpio/Plutonian kind of person. You need something far more intense and edgy than a "normal life" would entail, whatever "normal life" would mean. I just can't see you as a happy office worker in a "cube farm," 9-5, with the freeway commute, mortgage and a bland suburban lifestyle.

Unless you put those skills to work at something like insurance fraud investigation or criminal law; and then joined a caving (spelunking) club (11th house) where you went caving (Pluto=underworld) on weekends. With your 4th house moon, maybe you'd do well at a home renovation business, but this usually requires some construction/carpentry skills.

Within reason (and respecting your privacy) when do you feel most alive?? What are you doing then? (I mean, I'm not asking about your sex life, more about some kind of hobby, extra-curricular activity, subject that really held your interest in school, or a particular aspect of one of those 15 jobs.) This would help to see how your chart is playing out in your life, and hopefully offer something to build upon.

Last edited: