Seeking Career Advice

Seeking career advice, please help! What do you see in my chart? ANY advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

Attachments

• Upload Chart.gif
    Upload Chart.gif
    49.3 KB · Views: 55

Inconjunct

The more I look at your chart, the more I see some sort of involvement with the law or arbitration in some way. We have Libra on the MC, the MC ruler Venus in the 9th - both of these strongly indicate legal matters being the focus of your career, with Libra's ability to see both sides of an argument and the 9th house being the house of (amongst other things) the law and its processes. ASC Capricorn suggests to me someone who isn't afraid of hard work, and values discipline and boundaries (all valuable in a legal career, I would have thought) and your Sun in Scorpio grants you the ability to get straight to the heart of the matter. Several possible career routes suggests themselves: lawyer, paralegal, investigator for a law firm, arbitration work.

That's my opinion anyhoo

Seeking career advice, please help! What do you see in my chart? ANY advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

i wonder have you tested your Asc with transit to verify your time as it's only just in Cappi. 4minutes earlier and you could be late Saggi..

I use Equal House system (where each cusp is same as Ascendant) and am a modern astrologer. Lots of newcomers come into Astrology/forums and get a free chart from www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few others if you wish to experiment…..

Now venus/pluto would be 10, sun would be 12th, saturn 8th and mercury, uranus 11th houses.

ruler of the Tenth House in the Tenth House
You have a strong sense of duty towards your career and/or your public reputation. You will probably rise to a position of authority within your career and you could have a strong desire to be your own boss. An authority figure, perhaps even your father, influenced your career or your attitude towards it.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr10

Age 8 did someone die, or disappear? solar arc pluto conj MC. Age 15 SA mc conj Uranus were there some disruptions with friends or within family?

How to find your career- sticky in Vocational Forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775

waybread

It is hard to answer this question without knowing something about your education and work experience to date. If being a lawyer actually suited you well, for example, would you have to enroll in a 4-year university program first, and would you have the financial capability of doing it?

I don't think law is a bad "read" on this chart. The 7th house deals with litigation, and with Mars there, you need a certain amount of combativeness in your life. You might also consider something like being a personal trainer, working one-on-one with clients, as Mars also rules athletics and the 7th house further deals with one-on-one relationships.

Have you got artistic ability of some description? It would seem so with your strong Venus in its own sign of Libra, making a sextile to imaginative Neptune.

Question is, would you need a day job to pursue it?

Inconjunct,

You assume too much. I have yet responded because I am having issues with my computer and am having to reply from my phone. Your kindness in reviewing my chart is greatly appreciated! Law is something that I have NEVER considered.

Thank you.

what members like to see in a thread – help forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25930

you might want to research your exalted moon in taurus singleton. Moon opp mercury, do you have any sleep problems occasionally?

If Aquarius/uranus is ruler of 2nd and placed in it's own house 11th, you could earn money via technology, computers, electronics

Ruler of the Second House in the Tenth House
You have strong feelings about your career or your reputation. In other words, you really care about your public image. You may also have special inherited talents and abilities, which when properly utilized can win you some kind of public recognition eventually.
Being in a position of responsibility or authority is something you place a high value on. Additionally, some of your earnings may be put back into your career in order to optimize your potential in this area.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr2

natal mars is retrograde (going backwards) and afflicted by square to pluto in 10th. really with this aspect you could do some sports or martial arts as it could poss attract physical violence. sometimes it can go the other way, but not with mars retro, the energy tends to go inside

If you are late Saggi Rising, your interests could be any 9th house matters, like law, teaching, travel, philosophy, religion, legal secretary even. Now Jupiter would then become chart ruler, but also retrograde and conj IC which may work from home or with communications..

With Cappi Asc saturn as chart ruler and placed in 8th house of 'other people's money' suggests, banking, finance, insurances, inheritances, goods of the deceased even.

so this is why your *time* is So important as all the house cusps would change.

Libra MC could work as receptionist, beautician. Sun in 12th is cadent/hidden and could work behind the scenes in hospitals, institutions even.

Astrologer50,

I'm uploading my chart using the equal house as you suggest. (I hope I did it correctly.) In astrology, anything other than my sun sign is new to me! I've gotten several books and am trying to learn as much as I can but am in complete brain overload at the moment!!

My childhood was filled with disruptions! Moving between relatives then foster care tends to do that to ya. I can count on one hand the times Ive seen my father and about the only thing he influenced was making me determined to have a better father for my children than he, which of course happened. :) Nothing at age 8 or 15 jumps out at me particularly but I'm assuming that would only apply if my mc was Sagittarius.

Attachments

• Wonder Woman Equal House.jpg
    Wonder Woman Equal House.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 21
It is hard to answer this question without knowing something about your education and work experience to date. If being a lawyer actually suited you well, for example, would you have to enroll in a 4-year university program first, and would you have the financial capability of doing it?

I don't think law is a bad "read" on this chart. The 7th house deals with litigation, and with Mars there, you need a certain amount of combativeness in your life. You might also consider something like being a personal trainer, working one-on-one with clients, as Mars also rules athletics and the 7th house further deals with one-on-one relationships.

Have you got artistic ability of some description? It would seem so with your strong Venus in its own sign of Libra, making a sextile to imaginative Neptune.

Question is, would you need a day job to pursue it?

Waybread,

I have a degree in Health Information Management but have not worked in the field because it has been hard to find employment in that sector.

If going into law felt right for me, money would not be a factor. I would make it happen but it just doesn't feel right. As far as artistic ability goes, I like doing crafty stuff, if that counts, but I think the whole thing in that is "learning" to do them because I get bored and put it down after I know how. : )

I kinda feel like I was meant for something, as to what... I haven't figured that out yet.

waybread

Not everybody has a true vocation, sad to say.

There is such a thing as the "good enough" job or career-- one that allows you to pursue your other interests.

astrology02

Hi,

I would like to make a comment...this is not meant to offend anyone.

I have to agree with inconjunct about appreciating feedback when helping a person. I have been studying astrology for about two years, however it is a very complex subject. Sometimes I like to help others interpret their charts, but I would also like confirmation that I am on the right track, it helps me to learn. I don't think inconjunct was being egotistical, just a little frusterated that's all...and i can see where she is coming from.

There are a lot of great posts and information on this site. I have been helped so much by all the members. However I get frusterated when I see someone who just joins and posts their chart and expects everyone to just interpret it for them. Even if someone tried to do their own research about their chart, posted it and it was completely wrong it would be better than nothing.

There are so many members that join this forum, ask a couple questions, get the advice they need but forget to pay it forward to other members.

When I first joined I asked a lot of questions, but now I do make it a point to help others where I can. I just think this forum is becoming oversaturated with "read my chart"threads . Instead of wanting to learn astrology a lot of new members just want some quick advice .

To everyone here that offers advice or help, it is greatly appreciated- because you are the people who make this forum wonderful.:happy:

astrology2,
When I first joined I asked a lot of questions, but now I do make it a point to help others where I can. I just think this forum is becoming oversaturated with "read my chart"threads . Instead of wanting to learn astrology a lot of new members just want some quick advice .

To everyone here that offers advice or help, it is greatly appreciated- because you are the people who make this forum wonderful.:happy:

You are correct, but on the other side of the coin, it does give members like yourself to practise and perfect your art :wink:

Originally Posted by waybread
I don't think law is a bad "read" on this chart. The 7th house deals with litigation, and with Mars there, you need a certain amount of combativeness in your life. You might also consider something like being a personal trainer, working one-on-one with clients, as Mars also rules athletics and the 7th house further deals with one-on-one relationships

But mars is retrograde, but nonetheless is square pluto and I see where you are coming from.

Last edited:
Astrologer50,

I'm uploading my chart using the equal house as you suggest. (I hope I did it correctly.) In astrology, anything other than my sun sign is new to me! I've gotten several books and am trying to learn as much as I can but am in complete brain overload at the moment!!

My childhood was filled with disruptions! Moving between relatives then foster care tends to do that to ya. I can count on one hand the times Ive seen my father and about the only thing he influenced was making me determined to have a better father for my children than he, which of course happened. :) Nothing at age 8 or 15 jumps out at me particularly but I'm assuming that would only apply if my mc was Sagittarius.

Ruler of the Second House in the Eleventh House
"You may be someone who chooses to put some of your own money into supporting a humanitarian cause. The money you earn yourself will assist in the manifestation of your fondest hopes and wishes. Open up a "dream come true" account for yourself. Your sense of self worth is supported by the love you receive from others. Do yourself a favour and hang out with those who assist rather than detract from your causes. Wishes can come true when the self worth is strong enough to open the door for them."

"Libra MC people are learning how to balance their own needs with those of others. First you see this accommodating side, then this very 'my way or the highway' side when they reach the extremes that they are destined to reach throughout their lives. And in terms of this dynamic on their Midheaven, it's not so much about raw 'success' as it is about feeling that they are successfully contributing to others and for the social good while also doing what they really, really want to do"
http://www.janetboyer.com/Midheaven_in_Libra.html

Also remember libra (like pisces and gemini) are all restless, procrastinating and indecisive and libra is the worst :wink:

Ruler of the Sixth House in the Eleventh House
You may be willing to work hard to create major social changes. The work you do may be subject to sudden circumstances beyond your control or there is something unusual about it. Your coworkers. or your employees may be like friends, or, work and friendship somehow go hand in hand. Your work may be related to large groups of people in some way. You may also have a tendency to worry about your friends and acquaintances. Or, you may be very discriminating when it comes to them.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr6

Ruler of the Second House in the Eleventh House
"You may be someone who chooses to put some of your own money into supporting a humanitarian cause. The money you earn yourself will assist in the manifestation of your fondest hopes and wishes. Open up a "dream come true" account for yourself. Your sense of self worth is supported by the love you receive from others. Do yourself a favour and hang out with those who assist rather than detract from your causes. Wishes can come true when the self worth is strong enough to open the door for them."

"Libra MC people are learning how to balance their own needs with those of others. First you see this accommodating side, then this very 'my way or the highway' side when they reach the extremes that they are destined to reach throughout their lives. And in terms of this dynamic on their Midheaven, it's not so much about raw 'success' as it is about feeling that they are successfully contributing to others and for the social good while also doing what they really, really want to do"
http://www.janetboyer.com/Midheaven_in_Libra.html

Also remember libra (like pisces and gemini) are all restless, procrastinating and indecisive and libra is the worst :wink:

Thank you for all the links. Boy, do I have a lot of reading to do! As far as the restlessness, procrastinating and indecisiveness.....NOooo, thats not me at alll! (Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?) : )

what members like to see in a thread – help forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25930

you might want to research your exalted moon in taurus singleton. Moon opp mercury, do you have any sleep problems occasionally?

If Aquarius/uranus is ruler of 2nd and placed in it's own house 11th, you could earn money via technology, computers, electronics

Ruler of the Second House in the Tenth House

natal mars is retrograde (going backwards) and afflicted by square to pluto in 10th. really with this aspect you could do some sports or martial arts as it could poss attract physical violence. sometimes it can go the other way, but not with mars retro, the energy tends to go inside

With Cappi Asc saturn as chart ruler and placed in 8th house of 'other people's money' suggests, banking, finance, insurances, inheritances, goods of the deceased even.

so this is why your *time* is So important as all the house cusps would change.

Libra MC could work as receptionist, beautician. Sun in 12th is cadent/hidden and could work behind the scenes in hospitals, institutions even.

Lots of sleep required here! It seems that I sleep better during the day than at night. I sleep very deeply and have a difficult time waking up.

I recently started looking into different types of mixed martial arts so your suggestion comes more as a confirmation to do so.

And as far as the career goes, it seems my degree in Health Information Management is actually quite a good fit.

Perhaps the urge that I feel is coming from some other aspect of my life and I just attributed to my career.

*Thank you for sharing your time and knowledge with me*

Thank you for all the links. Boy, do I have a lot of reading to do! As far as the restlessness, procrastinating and indecisiveness.....NOooo, thats not me at alll! (Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?) : )

that's due to venus conj pluto, but you 'are' asking which direction to go in, which does suggest a modicum of indecisiveness?

I have found mars in cancer quite often tends to interfer with family matters, how do you find this?

have you research your POF in 6th house. this can suggest 6th house matters, like service industries, health, alternative medicines, disciplines could well be where you will make your mark. in the sign of gemini which is learning lots of different things or imparting lots of bits of information to co-workers perhaps. It is closely inconjunct (150') to sun, so it may be hard to see clearly..

Nothing at age 8 or 15 jumps out at me particularly but I'm assuming that would only apply if my mc was Sagittarius.
that's the whole point of rectification process, if your time is correct 'something' should have happened around those ages. If you were born earlier or later then your TOB is out...

And as far as the career goes, it seems my degree in Health Information Management is actually quite a good fit
for this type of industry I would have looked at something virgo which you have 'nada' so again to match up the only thing that's linked is POF in 6th

in Equal that uranus is in 11th and not making an aspect to MC. Uranus also squares Saturn 8th. Saturn here is not great for earning good money or inheritances or other 8th house matters. Uranus wants to 'ring the changes' and saturn always wants status quo and out of the two my bet is on saturn getting the upper hand. I call this one freedom v convention aspects.

N Node conj Sun in 11th may well suggest men in groups, large organisations should/will assist in her hopes and wishes and learning lessons in this lifetime. But as we both know node is not always linked to work/career/ or earning a crust, it's about Life Lessons connected to friends, groups and hopes, wishs etc...

If you read uranus as being in 10th it may well look for innovative ways/ideas to perhaps, do things quicker, better and quite possibly linked to technology or IT/computers - yes 10th

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

The following are some links to previous discussions on career which is a subject often discussed on these forums and you may gain more information and answers when viewing the comments http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/sho...ight=love+work
http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/sho...ight=love+work
http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/sho...ight=love+work
Regarding houses here's a link to a brief informative article on the subject http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html and a link to a page that leads you to help with interpreting Signs on cusps of work-related houses http://www.librarising.com/astrology/fwa/fwatable.html:smile:

Last edited: