Will I ever have children?

nocturne

Hi guys, I'm new here and I love astrology since I was 15 but my knowledge still isn't as deep as I'd like. One thing always on my mind reading my chart is the fact that I think it says I won't ever have children. Could it be true? Or am I misinterpretating? Thank you so much and happy new year!!!!!
Here's my birth chart

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_noname.13008.16720.png
    astro_w2gw_noname.13008.16720.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 60

aquarius7000

Hi,

It indeed could be quite challenging for you to have your own child, I am afraid. I do not want to say, but it could involve several conscious tries and perhaps even some failures until something works out.

In your chart, the 5th house is ruled by Saturn (delays and hurdles). That Saturn is placed in the 8th house - quite a difficult house when it comes to such things. Also, that Saturn is in its detriment in Aries, so you see a lot of things to cause trouble. The one positive is that Jupiter sits in your 5th house.

If we look at your Moon, it is in the barren sign of Virgo. It squares Mars from there, which could mean surgeries and/or miscarriage. However, the Moon also rules your 11th house (house of foster and adopted children) and is sitting on your Asc., so it could be that you decide to adopt a homeless child. Actually, with Saturn ruling your 5th house, adopting a homeless, needy child would help in improving your past karma.

Btw, off topic, but what do you (want to) have a career in? Sales? Writing? Teaching?

I think you will be quite successful and satisfied as far as your professional life goes :)

Not the best when it comes to doing these questions,
You should never say never!
I also have Virgo Rising, Capricorn in the 5th doesn't show no children, but perhaps a delay. Your Saturn, which is ruled by Capricorn is in the 8th house so your child may have a lot of karma to give.
All in all, I wouldn't worry.

DO NOT STRESS. You are still so young.

Saturn in the 8th is not the end of the world. I love my Saturn. You will definitely learn a lot of life lessons in your children's lives, if your life is headed that way, infertility is personal, not something someone can read from a chart.
Like I said, don't stress!

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Saturn in the 8th is not the end of the world. I love my Saturn. You will definitely learn a lot of life lessons in your children's lives, if your life is headed that way, infertility is personal, not something someone can read from a chart.
Like I said, don't stress!
Everything can be read in a chart, including infertility. It is upto the astrologer as to what they are able to and what they want to read or talk to their client about.

Either one believes in Astrology, or one doesn't, but one cannot cherry pick and say that personal or difficult subjects cannot be read thru astrology. Astrology is capable of an answer for every area of life, but perhaps the astrologer is not that capable.

Also, it is not just Saturn ruling her 5th house or Saturn in the 8th that is going to cause an issue, but additional factors that I have mentioned already.

Everything can be read in a chart, including infertility. It is upto the astrologer as to what they are able to and what they want to read or talk to their client about.

Either one believes in Astrology, or one doesn't, but one cannot cherry pick and say that personal or difficult subjects cannot be read thru astrology. Astrology is capable of an answer for every area of life, but perhaps the astrologer is not that capable.

Also, it is not just Saturn ruling her 5th house or Saturn in the 8th that is going to cause an issue, but additional factors that I have mentioned already.

Just trying to be positive.
I only looked at their 5th house, and I said nothing about my ability to read a chart.

waybread

It is important to recognize that modern women have all kinds of fertility options that didn't exist back in centuries past when the astrological indicators of fertility were developed.

The 5th house rules children, and actually Jupiter in the 5th is one very positive indicator of children. Capricorn, ruled by Saturn, however, can indicate children later in life or some delays and disappointments in starting a family. The moon is another indicator, and Virgo is considered one of the so-called "barren" signs, principally because Virgo as "the virgin" was by definition considered to be a childless woman.

But look. My chart looks incredibly un-wonderful for having children. Yet I have two beautiful adult children, and one little grandson. Natally I have Venus in the 5th (helpful) but it is in one of the supposedly barren signs, as is my Leo moon. So I'm not convinced that the traditional delineations really work.

When you feel you are ready to become pregnant, you can also look at your transits, progressions, and especially positions of the moon. If you work with an astrologer who understands moon patterns, you can focus on your most astrologically favourable times to conceive.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Just trying to be positive.
I only looked at their 5th house, and I said nothing about my ability to read a chart.
Being positive is good. What is perhaps not so good is saying that infertility cannot be read in a chart. Hence my lecture. :D

Btw, I am curious to know now, if you do have children with Saturn ruling your 5th house and in the 8th. Do you have Cap or Aquarius on the cusp of your 5th house?

Being positive is good. What is perhaps not so good is saying that infertility cannot be read in a chart. Hence my lecture. :D

Btw, I am curious to know now, if you do have children with Saturn ruling your 5th house and in the 8th. Do you have Cap or Aquarius on the cusp of your 5th house?

It's okay, I like lectures. It keeps my mind bright. I don't like doing ultimatums in readings.

Personally, I have Capricorn in 5th with a bit of Aquarius before 6th. I have Neptune there. I have no children but I am only 20. I do naturally delay children with my partner but I have always had a "motherly" vibe. My Moon is in Taurus, Sun in Leo in 11th. I might upload my birth chart.

waybread

Nocturne, my feeling is that if we matched up a lot of charts of mothers and children, we would find all kinds of horoscopes of mothers whose charts looked fairly infertile, yet who had beautiful children, anyhow. Mine being a case in point.

The one thing I'd say about Saturn ruling your 5th house of children and being in the 8th house, is that in medical astrology, the 8th house rules the generative organs. If you've not done this already, when you feel ready to have children, you might get a good gynecological exam, just to make sure your reproductive organs are functioning well.

I am also mindful of this saying: "God's delay is not His denial." I don't know whether you are religious or not, but in my metaphysical universe, children come from God, and I'm reluctant to use astrology to second-guess when new star-babies will incarnate.

If you are an atheist, sometimes it helps to trust the universe to support you.

aquarius7000

It's okay, I like lectures. It keeps my mind bright. I don't like doing ultimatums in readings.

Personally, I have Capricorn in 5th with a bit of Aquarius before 6th. I have Neptune there. I have no children but I am only 20. I do naturally delay children with my partner but I have always had a "motherly" vibe. My Moon is in Taurus, Sun in Leo in 11th. I might upload my birth chart.
Yes, 20 is quite young and just having Capricorn on your 5th house cusp is not indicative of no children. I cannot comment further on your situation because I do not have your complete chart in front of me, rather just fractional information.

Also, when one asks clearly whether or not they will have children, I do not mind sharing my candid opinion/interp of the chart at hand. It may sound like an ultimatum, but I am just giving my opinion. And, as you will see from the way I formulated my first post directed towards the OP, I was especially careful with the language not sounding too set in stone. However, that is what traditional Astrology (what I follow) is about - predictions and as precision oriented as possible.

What is important is that the both sender and recipient are aware that we are all human beings. :happy:

Last edited:

muchacho

Hi guys, I'm new here and I love astrology since I was 15 but my knowledge still isn't as deep as I'd like. One thing always on my mind reading my chart is the fact that I think it says I won't ever have children. Could it be true? Or am I misinterpretating? Thank you so much and happy new year!!!!!
Here's my birth chart
Looking at the tropical chart you posted, there may be some truth to it. However, looking at the vedic chart, even though it indicates delays, it looks quite promising. But it probably won't happen before 2021.

nocturne

Yes, 20 is quite young and just having Capricorn on your 5th house cusp is not indicative of no children. I cannot comment further on your situation because I do not have your complete chart in front of me, rather just fractional information.

Also, when one asks clearly whether or not they will have children, I do not mind sharing my candid opinion/interp of the chart at hand. It may sound like an ultimatum, but I am just giving my opinion. And, as you will see from the way I formulated my first post directed towards the OP, I was especially careful with the language not sounding too set in stone. However, that is what traditional Astrology (what I follow) is about - predictions and as precision oriented as possible.

What is important is that the both sender and recipient are aware that we are all human beings. :happy:

Wow, that's kinda sad because I always wanted to feel like I'm creating something, give birth, go through all this baby stuff since the very beginning. Maybe Pluto transiting my 5th conjunct Jupiter is making me think so much about it.
About my career, I was completely lost and depressed the last few years, I couldn't do anything. I wasn't even sure of what I wanted to do in college (I was studying Arts) and then last year I decided to teach. I like learning foreign languages (although my English isn't perfect yet) so I'm going to study French and probably be a teacher.

Last edited:

nocturne

It is important to recognize that modern women have all kinds of fertility options that didn't exist back in centuries past when the astrological indicators of fertility were developed.

The 5th house rules children, and actually Jupiter in the 5th is one very positive indicator of children. Capricorn, ruled by Saturn, however, can indicate children later in life or some delays and disappointments in starting a family. The moon is another indicator, and Virgo is considered one of the so-called "barren" signs, principally because Virgo as "the virgin" was by definition considered to be a childless woman.

But look. My chart looks incredibly un-wonderful for having children. Yet I have two beautiful adult children, and one little grandson. Natally I have Venus in the 5th (helpful) but it is in one of the supposedly barren signs, as is my Leo moon. So I'm not convinced that the traditional delineations really work.

When you feel you are ready to become pregnant, you can also look at your transits, progressions, and especially positions of the moon. If you work with an astrologer who understands moon patterns, you can focus on your most astrologically favourable times to conceive.

Thank you. My boyfriend thinks so too. Medicine is very avanced these days and will be even more by the time I'm ready. (But, to be honest, I wouldn't mind having a child right now either hahah)

aquarius7000

Hi again,
Wow, that's kinda sad because I always wanted to feel like I'm creating something, give birth, go through all this baby stuff since the very beginning.
If you want to know how I think, especially given all the many, many homeless children around the globe, I think "creating" a baby is not even half as important as giving a homeless child a home and raising it as your own. I do understand that most women want to have the experience of pregnancy, etc., whereas there are others that are simply worried about what 'kind' of genes another's child might carry, but I truly believe that children learn what you are capable of teaching them.

Maybe Pluto transiting my 5th conjunct Jupiter is making me think so much about it.
I was telling someone else the other day on tis forum that Saturn transits bring up issues as to what we feel we lack. Saturn has just started its transit in Cap and that is where your 5th house is.

Thank you. My boyfriend thinks so too. Medicine is very avanced these days and will be even more by the time I'm ready. (But, to be honest, I wouldn't mind having a child right now either hahah)
Again, my very own opinion, but what a chart shows takes into consideration everything. The chart is per your own birth details and what it shows is not centuries old. Otherwise, there would be no need to read charts anymore because Science has come a long way, so would have a solution to every problem. Does that mean we get to live eternally? No, it doesn't, otherwise Saturn (the Lord of Time) would be rendered obsolete and redundant. The only thing that has really changed is that, when, a 100 years ago, people asked an astrologer, will I live long, and the astrologer answered it with a yes, then 50 years was perhaps considered a 'long' life. Today, an astrologer could say yes, and the person gets to live 85 years, which is also considered a 'long' life in today's world. However, the net result is that we all have to depart some time. Science is quite fallible and He/Time is quite invincible. Please take this example as an analogy and not as a topic for debate as to whether or not questions about the length of life should be asked and answered or not.

So, now the question, whether or not you will have children. The answer, as I already said in my previous post, is that yes, you could have children, but through other means perhaps, adoption being one of them. This could lead to another question. Since medicine is so advanced, perhaps one can think of an ivf, or, perhaps a step further, of surrogacy even (depending on local laws). Is that the same as naturally conceiving a child?

Also, as already said in one of my previous posts, with the Moon so prominently placed by the Asc. (you), of course, the mother and mothering are important to you. If that is true, then I think that will (and perhaps should) take precedence over the 'how' factor.

About my career, I was completely lost and depressed the last few years, I couldn't do anything. I wasn't even sure of what I wanted to do in college (I was studying Arts) and then last year I decided to teach. I like learning foreign languages (although my English isn't perfect yet) so I'm going to study French and probably be a teacher.
I think a foreign languages' teacher is an excellent choice. You have Mercury ruling your MC, on your MC via Gemini (you like to communicate) and close to the 9th house (foreign) ruler, Venus. You will do well as said earlier, too.