depressed, trapped, emprisioned

Etchasketch

And desire is not the problem. The problem is the beliefs we hold about it. If we desire something and absolutely believe that we can achieve it then there's no problem. It's going to be a fun ride. The problem arises when we desire something that we believe we cannot achieve. That's self-torture. Or, which I think is what the Dalai Lama was talking about, if we believe that the fulfillment of that desire will make us somehow more whole than we already are. And that's ignorance.

This would be a misunderstanding of the nature of dukkha (typically described in english as suffering, but closer in meaning to unsatisfactoriness) as set forth by the Buddha. But that would be for another thread (and quite possibly forum :biggrin:).

muchacho

This would be a misunderstanding of the nature of dukkha (typically described in english as suffering, but closer in meaning to unsatisfactoriness) as set forth by the Buddha. But that would be for another thread (and quite possibly forum :biggrin:).
Hehe, maybe you can dig up the actual quote...

muchacho

there is a Canadian mental health thing down on our filing cabinet, every 5 options to deal with stress is "think about sex" or something similar.

Unsure if done as a joke or serious, but i have been to see it all doctors forging medical documents, psychiatrists getting me the patient to order more pills for them because they are lazy and want to involve me in a process that i dont agree with. Ive even been to mental health meetings at the brand new hospital in our area.

what goes on should be shut down in my opinion
It may be helpful to realize that everyone is selfishly oriented and interested in preserving self first and that no one else can create in your reality other than you.

Etchasketch

Letting go of desire, the cessation of dukkha, is the primary goal of Buddhist practices leading to enlightenment. So to answer your question, yes. Look into Buddhist thought and teachings more if you're interest is piqued...I'd prefer not to hijack this thread.

Deirdre

Leviathan
Thank u, helping others always a good thing to do.well we've beeb inviting friends to dinner and we cook,share ideais and all.ive been with a mother i met through my partners work,she hás a similar path as mine.years ago she had an identity crisis,related also to circunstantes of work. Fortunately , her husband helped and as He is very well established, she decides to be full time mom. But she hás many activities and dont stay home a lot.they handled well The crisis AnD are happy now,.

Waybread,
A wonderful idea for moms. I joined a forum for moms but its not The same as meeting,And having exchange of ideas face to face. And im searching for avaiability of parcial time jobs that could balance out Being able to be a present mom - which i love to be- AnD having some income by doing sth that pleasures me.

Of Couse this all depends of what is going to happen,what ' path' we as a couple will decide, cause im still in this work i hate,but needing The money. At The same time,ITs depending if my partner will get The promotion he applied for, which would increase tremendously our income.

Deirdre

Muchacho

Yes im that private AnD even going to those appointments are painfull to me, cause obliges me to realize im not that perfect or able to work problems on my own withot help - virgo traits- só yes..in groups i only talk about good things :biggrin:

Etchask

By all means, that is a subject ive been reading over The last couple of years AnD ITs even related to what The thread is all about isnt it?
Our suffering comes from needing things we probably dont need,but our ego wants, AnD we live our whole life from routine to routine,wanting and having,wanting and having again another thing , not being satisfied ever.probably,if it werent The 'noise in my head-ego' telling me all The time -'worry About money,worry about work,worry about society, worry about something..' then i wouldnt be in this ' identity crisis'.

Só, feel free to share ur thoughts about it with US.

mathur_dinesh

Hello Ana,
You are under the combined influence of Mercury and the North Node of the Moon which in Vedic astrology is called Rahu. This influence started on 3/July/2013 and it will continue till 20/January/2016.
The North Node Rahu was in Libra till 13/July/2014 and has been in Virgo since then. It will remain in Virgo for the next one and a half years from 13/Jul/2014.
While in Libra Rahu was casting its influence on Saturn and the Moon. Your Moon is not so well placed as it is in the eighth house under aspect of Saturn.
The influence of Rahu on the Moon should have given rise to fears and anxiety. These fears could have been related to your child or long term relationships. It makes the person averse to company and makes him depressed and shy. It would have had a bad effect on your happiness.
Rahu coming to Libra must have given rise to uncertainty with regard to your finances.
You were not truthful in your speech under this influence particularly with your boss. You wished to keep matters secret.
Rahu has moved to Virgo as I have said above. It is now having effect on your job and romance.
If you are in business you must remain careful as you may be deceived.
Rahu in Virgo would create tension with mother and other females.

Last edited:

Etchasketch

Etchask

By all means, that is a subject ive been reading over The last couple of years AnD ITs even related to what The thread is all about isnt it?
Our suffering comes from needing things we probably dont need,but our ego wants, AnD we live our whole life from routine to routine,wanting and having,wanting and having again another thing , not being satisfied ever.probably,if it werent The 'noise in my head-ego' telling me all The time -'worry About money,worry about work,worry about society, worry about something..' then i wouldnt be in this ' identity crisis'.

Só, feel free to share ur thoughts about it with US.

If you have been reading Buddhist thought then I recommend looking for a local sangha (lay practitioners) and/or teachers as a resource. Your therapist might be of help as many psychologists are aware of meditation techniques. Also, there are many websites dedicated to Buddhist mom's you'd probably find useful. Being a mom and wife presents unique challenges in any spiritual practice that I as a single male have little insight into. We may share some key signs/placements, but our material circumstances are quite different.

I think what we do share in common (along with some other Sun/12 signs) is the challenge of maintaining our sense of self when with others because we are naturally more ourselves when alone. This requires, in my mind, of letting others express who they are and not letting their expression invade/take over/color the experience of myself. I'm sure you can relate to some extent. In these situations I find paying attention to my breathing (since emotional states are reflected in breathing patterns) to be helpful.

waybread

But look at her chart! I don't think she's the 'happy get-together' and 'let's all talk about my problem in a big group' type. She's going to do it on her own, behind the scenes and in private - as she has already said.

muchacho, Deirdre's chart is actually very similar to my daughter's. They were born just a few weeks apart, and with the same rising sign and general house placements. My daughter has a far less outgoing 12th house sun-Mercury, besides.

So yes, let's look at Deirdre's chart! Both she and my daughter have Venus and Mars in Leo in the 11th house. Deirdre's sun is in the 11th, as well. These are placements for people who do find enjoyment in groups. They need not be big groups. A Venus in Leo in the 11th house seems like someone who would feel terribly isolated if she didn't have a few friends around her to enjoy.

Also, where did the "let's all talk about my problem in a big group" slam come from? I didn't say anything like this. A play group for moms and tots isn't formal group therapy, for heaven's sake-- although it can have a therapeutic effect. When my children were little and we went to weekly play groups, they were pretty light-hearted events. A chance to socialize, compare child-rearing notes, watch our children interact, drink coffee, and enjoy one another's company.

Or maybe you have personal experiences with your own children in play groups, and they were different???

Deirdre

Mathur,
Thank u for ur reply.
Im not familiar with vedic astrology.só The rahu is considered malefic? In terms of relationship/romance se havê been struggling specially since The baby was born,which coincided with uranus entering The 7th.its not necessarily related to The Child,but mostly with finances and worries by having had a child and we worry about it.
Specially since June 2014 all things related to work changed-boss,colleagues and work,só yes what u said matches what happened.by not Boeing truthful to my boss...well The only thing i kept secret was my health States cause IT private.

Deirdre

Etchask

Well my appointment is next week and he said se would star with some relaxation techniques,i think it would havê to do with npl.let's see...:happy:

Deirdre

Waybread,

I know what u and Muchacho are talking about,both. When i was younger i had manu friends, very popular and felt good among groups.but as time passed by i started to develop need to be aside,and kind of isolated myself. Looking ar my Chart AMD by what ive read, i started living more by my south node, sticcking to my surroundings,siblings and not much more people. If u ask me nos if i would feel enjoiable beeing in big groups i would say no, AMD probably that is another thing im gonna talk about in therapy.

muchacho

Waybread,

I know what u and Muchacho are talking about,both. When i was younger i had manu friends, very popular and felt good among groups.but as time passed by i started to develop need to be aside,and kind of isolated myself. Looking ar my Chart AMD by what ive read, i started living more by my south node, sticcking to my surroundings,siblings and not much more people. If u ask me nos if i would feel enjoiable beeing in big groups i would say no, AMD probably that is another thing im gonna talk about in therapy.
I think that's the central issue here. Looking at your chart you don't seem to have a problem socializing now and then but you would prefer to stay out of the spotlight and rather work behind the scenes and anonymously which probably made you come here and seek advice. This is neither good nor bad. This is just how you are wired. It only becomes good or bad if your environment (job or family or friends) demands something different. So then you have to decide to cater to them and ignore your nature or to follow your nature and ignore them and find more suitable arrangements.

muchacho

Letting go of desire, the cessation of dukkha, is the primary goal of Buddhist practices leading to enlightenment. So to answer your question, yes. Look into Buddhist thought and teachings more if you're interest is piqued...I'd prefer not to hijack this thread.
Okay, wrong forum. :wink:

waybread

Deirdre, With all due respect, nobody's morale can take being isolated and housebound for very long, even with an adorable little child. Isolation becomes a downward spiral, where the more one stays indoors, the more one actually begins to dread going outdoors, which begins to feel outside of one's comfort zone. Your 11th house planets are starving, and the evidence is your unhappiness.

I don't know what you define as a big group: 6 or 8 moms and tots?

Again, this isn't therapy although it can be therapeutic.

waybread

[deleted non-astrological remarks - Moderator]

Anyone with a reasonable amount of fire in her chart does need contact with sunshine, and needs to exercise her initiative. The elements do play out in our bodily and emotional responses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deirdre

I didnt saw your original replies waybread and leviathan but,

Im now indoors due to sick leave but i will return to work, and do all activities necessary to .wether i decide to stay in this job or not.

I need a balance between my need to socialize and need to isolate. My chart i think it shows that, and looking at The nodes, its a bit challenging for me, due also to moon sq vénus, which opose JUP/uranus. And my Mercury in The 12th sq neptune makes me feel akward and misunderstood many times when with others. My ability to comunicate how i would like with othees, are clouded by these placements. And my moon in 8th makess me prone to feel others energies very profoundly,The good and The bad one. Só, even if my fiery planets in leo demand me The contrary, The complexity of doing it makes me withdraw.

Last edited:

waybread

I didnt saw your original replies waybread and leviathan but,

Im now indoors due to sick leave but i will return to work, and do all activities necessary to .wether i decide to stay in this job or not.

I need a balance between my need to socialize and need to isolate. My chart i think it shows that, and looking at The nodes, its a bit challenging for me, due also to moon sq vénus, which opose JUP/uranus. And my Mercury in The 12th sq neptune makes me feel akward and misunderstood many times when with others. My ability to comunicate how i would like with othees, are clouded by these placements. And my moon in 8th makess me prone to feel others energies very profoundly,The food and The bad onde. Só, even if my fiery planets in leo demand me The contrary, The complexity of doing it makea me withdraw.

Most people have chart conflicts of some type or other. Think about whether you give in to your fears and lethargy, or whether you prod yourself a little to grow into the sunlight. The evidence you've given is that you aren't so happy now, with your current habits. What you have done so far is what has gotten you to where you are today.

There is better to get to, I promise. In my experience, the universe notices when we take small steps to take more control over our lives. Then it begins to realign.