Scared of Dogs

sskohli

Hi Folks,
Which planets make you afraid of certain animals.
I am very scared of cats and dogs, even puppies.
I don't know how i got this phobia, i was never bitten by them, but still i am pretty darned frightened of them.
Any previous birth karmas, still troubling me?

sandeep

Attachments

• mychart.JPG
    mychart.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 68

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure the Eighth house has to do with fears.

I thought it was interesting that your Sixth house ruler (small animals like dogs and cats) is Jupiter in the Beastial (another animal connection) Sign of Leo Squaring your Eighth house cusp. I was hoping for a more convincing aspect, such as Jupiter having some hard aspect to Venus, but it seems this is all I can suggest.

Edit: So stupid of me. I was thinking about what I was afraid of how to explain it in my chart. Well, to be honest, I hate bugs, especially arachnids. Butterflies, flies, caterpillars, and ladybugs are about the only type of insect I can be around. Anything else, I can't stand, especially spiders. Well, my Eighth house cusp is inside that of Scorpio, which makes sense considering what I fear. So, I thought about it and your Eighth house cusp is Taurus, which is a Beastial Sign, just like Leo. So, I thought perhaps this was enough to make you fear some type of beast. Though, this would make a bit more sense were you afraid of cattle instead of cats and dogs, which would be more Leonine than Taurian.

Last edited:

freedomlover

Sandeep,

I am going to share with you some of my musings in this post. Some of the thoughts are not fully formed, but I thought this question would be a good testing ground to clarify and get other's feedback.

Okay, I see something in the chart that makes sense to me. I hate to keep harping on past life experiences...... but I have found that this explains so many things that cannot be explained from this life alone - especially irrational fears. The thought came to me that perhaps you were eaten by a tiger, wolf, or such in a past life. Seeing a full size cat or a dog, as seen from an infant's eyes would make them large to you in comparison, thereby triggering the memory. This could then carry on to the cat or dog species in general, regardless of age and size. Irrational fears work that way.

Anyway, the thing I aspects I saw in the chart would support this, by my way of thinking:

The cusp of your 6th house(dogs and cats) is in Pisces. Pisces carries the energy of unfinished karmic business, as well as irrational fears from past life experiences. Ruler of Pisces is Neptune, which is at 17* Sag in the 2nd. 2nd house naturally ruled by Taurus, which is the Earth and rapport with nature. Sag rules energetic connection to nature in its higher octave(which is being fully present in the body and grounded, also deep respect and love for Earth/nature, which facilitates the groundedness) and being ungrounded and unconnected to the earth (taken out of the body?) in its lower octave.

Your Pisces Moon may have picked up on this fear, with the trigger being in your first few years, when your Progressed Moon went into the 6th house.

Using Kaousei's suggestion about the 8th house - 8th house rules crisis, and obsessive-compulsive things - issues that circulate (figure 8) around and around with no resolution. Cusp of the 8th is Taurus, cusp of 12th (irrational fears) is Virgo, ruler Chiron, which is retrograde in Taurus in the 7th.

I know traditional astrology uses 6th house for the body and small animals,
but I see that more as the mind/body ecosystem (health), and also how small animals are affected by the Earths' ecosytem. (Gaea). I sort of see how Taurus could be more for the body and life on earth. If there is some validity to what I just said, then Chiron in Taurus is a wound from an open enemy (animal) probably resulting in your death. (8th house cusp)

Now how would animal/body earth be 7th house? Because not only are the oppositions inherent and relative to each house or sign placement, but also the squares to it. All four elements are taken into account in the sense of what the bigger picture is that all four elements represent. Taurus/fixed have to do with the spiritualization of matter - seeing Earth and animals as "God", too, and realizing it all was formed from the Spirit. So, the "partner" or "open enemy", as the case may be, that you have an ongoing wound with is the "Earth", your physical body, and beasts.

If you want to use Jupiter as your 6th house cusp ruler, then it is in Leo in the 10th. Both Leo and 10th house natural ruler, Cap, are very powerful dominating signs.... so bearing this in mind, I would think that it was probably a lion, or possibly a tiger that got you. Moon is ruler of your 10th house, which is Cancer, so something in your soul's experience (Cancer). Your Moon is in Pisces, so that ties together. Jupiter is disposited by the Sun at 13* Virgo in the 11th.

The way that all this all ties together, it seems that your fear of animals, the reminder of this wound, is to point you in the direction of your purpose. Your Sun at 13* Virgo /11th exactly trines Chiron at 13*Taurus in the 7th. It would seem that you are to help heal the abuses of nature and the Earth's ecosystem, as well as the mini-ecosystems of each human body. This would probably be natural healing methods, with things obtained from the earth. Possibly even innovative, original methods that have not yet been discovered. Sun in Virgo in 11th -natural ruler Aquarius, which rules brilliant discoveries and innovative idea. (Astrology will help you get in tune with the Earth's energies, as well.)

Anyway, wrapping it all up and bringing it home :)p), Neptune in Sag is in exact semi-sextile with Uranus in Pluto in the 1st (sudden death?), which trines your Moon in Pisces, and opposes Chiron(r) in Taurus. Neptune in Sag trines Jupiter in Leo. This all seems to tie together very well.

Of course, all this Pisces and Earth energies could also mean that you have healing gifts developed in past lives that can be resurrected and built upon in this one. (Again, astrology is a great tool for you to have because keeping a close tie with transits and phases of the Moon, etc, help tune you into the rhythm of the Earth, not to mention the other great uses of astrology!)

Another long post.... I seem to be doing alot of these lately. Sigh...The more I wrote, the more I saw in it. :D
I am open to all comments about my theories I have laid forth. :rolleyes:

Peace,

Freedomlover

Michael

I also have a similar problem. I'm afraid of cats, dogs(almost all breeds) and insects(except that I love ants and ladybugs).

Attachments

• michael_birthchart.gif
    michael_birthchart.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Lissa

Hi there Sandeep!

I have a theory regarding this subject,I don't know if it works but here it is,for others to comment on it.

Firt,I would like to say that I share your feelings.I'm also afraid of dogs,cats and nearly every animal you can possibly think of,from small insects to animals of the size of an elephant(thank God there aren't any elephants here in the city LOL).My mother is deadly afraid of insects too,she says she would rather be locked in a room with a lion than with a flie loool.It's quite ironical that animals(and dogs in particular)are usually quite fond of me.Whenever I enter a house where there's an animal you can be almost sure the animal will immeditaly run for me-doesn't matter if there's a crowd of people trying to fondle the dog and play with him,it's my atention he will want.Actually,one of my best friends has a dog and everytime me and our other friends go to her house our friends are always trying to play with the dog but it seems like the animal is absolutely obsessed with me,even though I try to hide and ask my friend to keep her dog away from me.

Enough of me already lol.

I think Kaiousei gave me some very good input.However,I believe the12th house should also be implied here,since the12th is the house of psychological troubles,and what is a fear but a psychological problem?

This said,your12th house ruler is Mercury,and Mercury makes part of your Virgo stellium.What strikes me is that Mercury is very tightly conjunct your North Node.If the South Node is a karmical point of 'easyness',showing what the soul feels comfortable with,then the North Node is surely the point of 'uneasysiness',what the soul feels uncomfortable with and the lessons you need to learn in order to progress.It also seems to make a lot of sense that your North Node/Mercury is in Virgo,the sign traditionaly associated with the6th house of small animals.

Well this is nothing but a theory so please take it only as such.

Cheers,
Lissa

sskohli

Hi Lissa,
Completely agree with you, even in vedic astrology, NNode is a planet (if u say so) which rules fear, rumours etc.
Also completely opposite to you, the dogs have something against me. even if they're resting fine, as soon as they smell/see me they get excited and start barking.
So going by FL theory, i might've killed a lot ofthem in prev birth and one of them got a chance and ate me :-?

sandee[

Virinchi

your 8th lord(fear) and 6th lord(animals/pets) are conjuct in 11 viewing your 5th(mind/heart) and (5 being 12th to 6th house) and they're associated with 2 karmic planets(sat+Rah) which can induce fear
also that 11th H being leo, can certainly bring fear.

if anyone has 6th lord in 12th they can be cruel to pets

sskohli

your 8th lord(fear) and 6th lord(animals/pets) are conjuct in 11 viewing your 5th(mind/heart) and (5 being 12th to 6th house)

Hi Virinchi,
I donot totally agree with you, in my case, almost lords of all houses are conjunct in the 11th house.
And who's viewing my 5th (Jupiter?) house, then they are also viewing my 3rd house my 7th house.
Saturn in the same house is also viewing my 1st and 8th.
how many different 'seeing' we will see?
I am sorry, but isn't this a reverse diagnosis, what if we didn't know the fear, would've you be able to predict?

sandeep

sskohli

woah FL,
it would take me first 1 year to learn western astrology, then another couple to understand what you've written.
Too intense for me to understand. Did you meditate on these aspects as well?

Of course, all this Pisces and Earth energies could also mean that you have healing gifts developed in past lives that can be resurrected and built upon in this one. (Again, astrology is a great tool for you to have because keeping a close tie with transits and phases of the Moon, etc, help tune you into the rhythm of the Earth, not to mention the other great uses of astrology!)

I really don't know how to use astrology to harness my internal energies, do i need to do something special during moon transits?
like the uranus transit over my natal moon about to happen?
(did i excite the writer in you well enough :), to elaborate on this)
Thanks a million,
sandeep

sskohli

thanks kaio for the insight
where is your North Node placed, maybe Lissa's explanation help you understand your reason?

sandeep

sskohli

oh cool..
wow thanks jag, i will take a look at my mars and try to figure this out.
I was seeing this episode on discovery where they used Virtual Reality to get you close to the ones you fear like snakes and all.
did you use those? looked pretty dumb to me, i am not afraid of dog on the screen but the one actually sniffing me :D

sandeep

sskohli

hink one way to battle the phobia thought is to see what on earth it could be if the things we fear REALLY happens. e.g. what would it be if you are REALLY bitten by a dog, the sky will not collapse, and you will not die, will you?
Hi Jag,
thanks for the insight about your fears, yes i know what you mean.
But you know i have another thing, i am very sensitive to what i touch or be touched by.
And i guess, i just can't touch a dog, i get reminded by all the fleas they might be having....ewwww..i am getting goosebumps already.
Anyways, i think i should really confront my fears and like someone said, animals donot attack unless they're provoked, so i am sure, i'll touch em without provoking them :D

thanks
sandeep

freedomlover

Sandeep,

You wrote:
I really don't know how to use astrology to harness my internal energies, do i need to do something special during moon transits?
Not that I'm aware of. I have found that just by staying aware of the changing signs of the moon and following transits helps you "tune in" to the planetary energies as they are released. Awareness helps connectedness.
Also, if you know that the Moon is in a certain phase, or that there is a major planetary aspect coming up, you can consciously work with the energies by focusing on issues governed by that aspect - something you couldn't do very well if you were not following the aspects closely, eh?

like the uranus transit over my natal moon about to happen?
(did i excite the writer in you well enough :), to elaborate on this
Sorry I've been slow getting to that one, my friend. I have had a double whammy of illness and computer being down. I will post on that thread as soon as possible.

Peace,

Freedomlover

joannski3

UMMM...

I have OPPOSITE problem... I am OBSESSED with dogs.. actually, i am strong scorpio, so i guess obsessive is my keyword. anyway, if you see my chart, i have aries on 6th house cusp... my mentor told me that there is some debate in astrology about rulership for pets, anywhere from 4th to 6th house, but i have aries on 6th house cusp, so you might want to study how aries is placed... he also told me pallas, and there was a fixed star he mentioned to, but i can't find it in my email :-( i will ask him, but i would think negative contacts to those places, especially from 8th house ruler or the nodes (something from another life you have to perhaps work through?) might help you get some insight

Attachments

• joanna.chart.JPG
    joanna.chart.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 31

joannski3

Re:Harnessing energies + moon transits?

I am sorry, I can't remember who posted this,

but moon transits happen every month, and normally don't really do anything crazy unless involved with a progression, lunation, eclipse...

certain moons matter and if you keep track of your lunation year, you will be productive on the month of full moon of that lunation... for example, if you count exactly 3 years from your birthday, that is the lunation month for your 4oth birthday... so if the moon was in taurus, that would be when you would have your most productive month, probably when new moon was in taurus, or when your lunation year is a full moon...

mainly, drive comes from mars, aries energy. so if you were to use a moon cycle, aries would help get you started, or any other cardinal sign.... but i would look more at mars and mercury transits and when they hit midpoints, especially with your progressions, both secondary and tertiary.

progressions are really important and often overlooked.

sskohli

Re: Harnessing energies + moon transits?

Hi Joan,
progressions are really important and often overlooked.
I use Vedic Astrology and we look more at progressions rather than transits.
I couldn;t understand the lunation year very clearly can you explain it.
My moon is in pieces.

sandeep

joannski3

one lunar month = one year

so, your first month after your birth represents your first year, a type of progression, secondary is one day = one year.

so you go through the stages of your moons in 13 years when moon goes through her phases.

so you have pisces moon (like me :) ) every 13 years or so you have a pisces lunation that rules that year. you use them with progressions

i sent you a long pm about a book i like that explains all kinds of western prediction astrology in a nutshell, its michele adler's "Predicitive Astrology, cycles of change, seasons of meaning. i really like it, and its easy to read and understand, nothing mundane or boring