Saturn in the 1st house...what to do???

Pisces-Leo-Leo

Any thoughts or ideas on how to over come the affect and effect of being cursed with saturn in the 1st house...

would love to hear from others...and especially those similarly condemned :kissing:

Tamara

why is saturn in the 1st a curse? i know one person with this placement. he`s very serious, organized and really successfull in his life due to his methodical approach to things...

sigma

knowing that you are cursed is the first step to let go the curse of saturn in the 1st.

i have it in 12th house if you don't love seclusion you are cursed if you love solitude you are blessed. And no other place of saturn or other planet can give more wisdom than saturn in the 12th.

The greatests writers have saturn conjunct asc : T.Carlyle, Chateaubriand.

First part of life is painful, second part of life is blossom.

Last edited:

Arijana

knowing that you are cursed is the first step to let go the curse of saturn in the 1st.

i have it in 12th house if you don't love seclusion you are cursed if you love solitude you are blessed. And no other place of saturn or other planet can give more wisdom than saturn in the 12th.

The greatests writers have saturn conjunct asc : T.Carlyle, Chateaubriand.

First part of life is painful, second part of life is blossom.

agreed. this is what is said to those who have a prominent Saturn in their charts,and I know from my own example in a way.

I have a little niece,she is 7 years old and she has saturn in the first house in Aries,she is quite the little fiend,but yeas,veerrrry serious for her age,extremely controlled,to an extent..she is saturny as long as her Mars in scorpio and moon in cancer kick in,then she gets crazy tantrums.

Pisces-Leo-Leo

Thank you all for replying...

Sigma, you are right...knowing and acknowledging that you are cursed is the first step...could the next step be for saturn people not to be so hard on themselves...

We are way
TOO serious
TOO controlled
TOO rerserved....

Curious Sigma..why is it that talented writers are those with the "great malefic" in their 1st house???

sigma

Thank you all for replying...

Sigma, you are right...knowing and acknowledging that you are cursed is the first step...could the next step be for saturn people not to be so hard on themselves...

We are way
TOO serious
TOO controlled
TOO rerserved....

Curious Sigma..why is it that talented writers are those with the "great malefic" in their 1st house???

because, when i see saturn around ascendant, it's like this god choose you among billion of others to bring wisdom and order in this chaotic world so he forces you by structuring deeply your personality to elevate(10th house) your mind, and be a sort of authority figure in some field, the one we are going to see when everything collapse or decision must be taken because you are able to carry responsabilities in a serious way. And come see every boss in job interview, or many women in life, or others area of life, and you don't need to speak to prove you are reliable because you have a serious demenor that speak by itself, this a must-have quality that everyone who love to have but it seems that saturnian people won't aknowledge this quality because they are always seeking perfection, being serious is just normal for them.You have to learn(saturn) to love this part of yourself.

like say Thomas Carlyle, "they're many great man but the number of simple man are uncountable". Saturn demand works because it wants to give you talent,wisdom and like say baudelaire : there is no secret, talent comes with work, lot of work".Thus you can reach the high peaks of wisdom where all the modern swarming is indiscernible.

Last edited:

dr. farr

I have both Saturn and Mars in my first house, right near the ascending degree, all in the same sign (Virgo) I've had an unusual life, but far from a tragic one! It all depends on the TOTALITY of cosmic influences, their confluence, relative to any natal (or other type of) chart, as to the directions the life might possibly take...

SagRising

I have this placement also, and can certainly relate to the struggle -- I believe it is a positive aspect, like other users have mentioned, and will help elevate me to higher levels of success.

Oren

I have this placement as well...how can you tell though if your saturn in the first is well-aspected or not, or if it's afflicted? I think saturn can be a blessing if it's well-aspected, but very much a curse if it's afflicted...I'm posting my chart below. Can anyone help me interpret my Saturn influences and what it's doing to me? ie. is mine well-aspected or inflicted? where else is it occurring strongly that I should take note of?

on a side note - on another thread, I mention this article about saturn in the first...I have to say, it describes my life thus far nearly to a tee...and I was taken aback by that...has anyone here had similar experiences? and how did you deal with the downward movement of saturn through the chart...the time of life where you're "going back to school" so to speak - in the way that the article implies...
the article:
"If Saturn is on the ascendant, the first house cusp, or somewhere in that vicinity, this has been called the chart of an “Early Riser.” This suggests that during the first years of this life, Saturn will be in the Formative Sector, very inwardly directed, as it moves through houses one, two, and three. At around 7 or 8 years of age, it will arrive at the fourth-house cusp, which always marks a major turning point, upward in the chart. From this point forward, for the next 15 or so years, Saturn will be rising in the chart, as it moves through the houses 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.In fact, from the time Saturn crosses the fourth-house cusp (I.C.), there will gradually be an ever-increasing sense of confidence that builds within the child, turning away from a more inward and formative time, toward a more outward and social experience. By the time Saturn reaches the 7th house cusp and moves into the upper houses, the child will be a teenager, coming into a more outward and aware time, socially, at quite an early age. This young person may very well be socially prominent, perhaps a class leader or the center of social attention. This is why this Saturn placement is called the “Early Riser.”This social momentum continues to rise until Saturn reaches the very top of chart, so around 21 years of age this person is flying high, having rising to some kind of fruition prominence early on. But we should also point out that as Saturn crests the top of the chart, this marks a turning point, the end of the rising part of the cycle and the beginning of a new cycle, as Saturn moves downward through the chart. Many early-riser types have to be counseled to let the past go, and not to attempt to drive forward, because things will not go on just as they have been – always rising.Instead, there will a turning away from what was, the past success, and, very gradually of course, learning to listen to a new, and more inner, message, a message that will grow stronger as Saturn moves downward in the chart, eventually leading to an entirely new cycle of personal investment, and eventual return.So it should not surprise us that at around 30 years of age, just as everyone else seems to be launched firmly in one direction or another, the early-riser types take a turn inward, going back to school so to speak, and gets busy building or investing, while others seem to be harvesting the results of their work. The result stage of the early rise is delayed until later in their 30s, when Saturn crosses the 4th house cusp once again, and begins to rise through the chart, bringing a new cycle of social prominence and the results of all the investment work."
~iVillage

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_hp_4046_16187.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_hp_4046_16187.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

SagRising

@Oren, interesting post. I'd be interested to see if mine is afflicted also, it's at two degrees. I believe that means it's on the cusp of the 12th house, but I'm not certain at this point.

Pisces-Leo-Leo

http://www.alanoken.com/docs/saturn.htm

Two questions.....

1. what do you guys think of what this man says about overcoming saturn? see link above......
  2. more specifically what do you think he means by "The creative dynamics of the Soul will be inhibited in their release as long as conscious attachment to the needs of the personality predominate." (in saturn in Leo paragraph)
always love reading all your opinions! :cool:

Munch

I'm also a Saturn Rising individual. It squares my sun in the 4th, and yes I've battled some interesting battles just to be here now, but I wouldn't trade any of the blessings of hard earned wisdom and compassion for anything.

EV77

Banned
My Saturn is in my 1st house too, and currently the Saturn transit in my 3rd House.
should not surprise us that at around 30 years of age, just as everyone else seems to be launched firmly in one direction or another, the early-riser types take a turn inward, going back to school so to speak, and gets busy building or investing, while others seem to be harvesting the results of their work.

I did continue my study in Multimedia Communication early this year. In my early life, to further my study seems like unreachable, due to my worklife as well my personal problem.

Other trait about 1st house Saturn is introverted and shy. I treat this as a challange and I really want to shake off the shyness inside me. Because I like seeing myself as an extrovert person. ( Mars in Aries) so contradicting..

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

I think you'll find one great benefit of this placement is that you're unlikely to have bad experiences when saturn transits come around.

I never do. I put that down to Saturn in Gemini squaring Mercury in Virgo and opposing Neptune in Sag in a T-square. So I'm just very, very good at thinking things through. Never get caught up by a daydream. Never taking an uncalculated risk. Add to that I have Cappy midheaven.

That said, I've probably let some opportunities go by in the past because of those but I don't get "caught out" like most other people.

It's both a curse and a gift ... learn to balance it up ...

adrianastrologer

Oren, THANK YOU so much for this. I've never heard it described this way before. Saturn is almost on top of my ascendant (Ascendant 14'22, Saturn 14'13), and my experience in high school was like being a star, class leader, etc and then afterwards I felt in my twenties and thirties like a failure, like I'd done something wrong because I couldn't sustain it. This helps me to understand something about my life.

dd198

I am very new to the chart interpretation thing but I noticed that I have Saturn retrograde in my first house as well. Is it badly aspected? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Poupoupidou

Any thoughts or ideas on how to over come the affect and effect of being cursed with saturn in the 1st house...

Saturn in the 1st house is not necessarily a curse. It is beneficial if it has positive aspects with other items and can be an indicator of great resilience when it comes to developing your individuality.

It's about the structure of our individuality. Dealing with any subsequent issues requires to be aware of the consequences of our attitude with others before we can address them.