Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

IleneK

Premium Member
Contrary to belief that Taurus is a peace-loving sign, it could actually be one of the most violent signs due to the nature of Algol residing at 25 degrees Taurus. So, any planet that conjuncts that angle is said to bestow a "violent streak" to the individual. Take Chris Brown, for example, he has both Sun and Moon conjunct Algol, and was known to brutally beat up his girlfriend. Ouch.

Taurus, ruled by benefic Venus, is connected with serenity and calm. The most indolent of signs. I would offer that it's violence might be more connected with its Scorpionic polarity.

Regarding Chris Brown's violence: Algol's affect is likely limited, being 8-10 degrees away from his Sun and Moon conjunction at about 15 and 17 degrees of Taurus. And 15 degrees of fixed has its own intensity, being at the midpoint of the 0 cardinal signs.

Also, a cursory look at Brown's chart shows a debilitated Mars, in its fall and in the the 12th closely opposed by unpredictable Uranus. This might more likely explain sudden outburst of violence. Saturn Neptune's trine to Sun Moon might also be a bit crazy-making.

Just some thoughts.

M

may28gemini

My natal Mars conjunct Algol is in the second house. I'm not aggressive, especially not for the money and of course not for the sex (but I did experience some aggression from others). I'm wondering maybe it has to do something with self-worth.

WHOA! Yes! I always wanted to know what the experiences of my opposite is! I have Mars conjunct Algol 8th. Do you have clear boundaries of what your possessions are?

M

may28gemini

Taurus, ruled by benefic Venus, is connected with serenity and calm. The most indolent of signs. I would offer that it's violence might be more connected with its Scorpionic polarity.

In general, yes, Taurus is ruled by Venus and more likely to default on Venusian characteristics of charm, grace, calmness, serenity, peacefulness, etc. However, it depends on what planet Taurus placed in.

It is detriment in Mars and it actually could end up being a very brutal placement. But because Taurus is passive, it is not likely to provoke aggression/violence, but rather, use violence as a reaction and some times, goes overboard (such as Chris Brown beating Rihanna) because the placement itself has tremendous difficulty in expressing anger.

The Venusian mantra of "keep calm" actually works against Taurus (and Libra) when placed in Mars because the result is bottled up aggression. Eventually all those angry/violent/negative feelings have to go somewhere and that's when brutality can get unleashed.

IleneK

Premium Member
In general, yes, Taurus is ruled by Venus and more likely to default on Venusian characteristics of charm, grace, calmness, serenity, peacefulness, etc. However, it depends on what planet Taurus placed in.

It is detriment in Mars and it actually could end up being a very brutal placement. But because Taurus is passive, it is not likely to provoke aggression/violence, but rather, use violence as a reaction and some times, goes overboard (such as Chris Brown beating Rihanna) because the placement itself has tremendous difficulty in expressing anger.

The Venusian mantra of "keep calm" actually works against Taurus (and Libra) when placed in Mars because the result is bottled up aggression. Eventually all those angry/violent/negative feelings have to go somewhere and that's when brutality can get unleashed.

Good point.

I was describing the innate attributes of the sign of Taurus as it related to Chris Brown's Sun and Moon, since neither are really conjunct Algol with 8-10 degree orbs.
Originally Posted by dude123

Contrary to belief that Taurus is a peace-loving sign, it could actually be one of the most violent signs due to the nature of Algol residing at 25 degrees Taurus. So, any planet that conjuncts that angle is said to bestow a "violent streak" to the individual. Take Chris Brown, for example, he has both Sun and Moon conjunct Algol, and was known to brutally beat up his girlfriend. Ouch.

I believe you are describing the attributes of a planet, rather than the sign, that is compelled to act not in accord with its nature since it is in its debility. And that nature you are describing is more directly attributable to Taurus' polarity, Scorpio, than to Taurus, as we are talking about Mars, ruler of Scorpio, being forced into Taurus' template, which was my original point. Violence is more connected with Scorpio than with Taurus.

M

may28gemini

I do understand what you're talking about I don't think you get my point.

I did talk about Taurus' natural characteristics but I brought up the point that it depends on what planet occupies Taurus because that can create a drift in the norm. I brought up the Mars as an example of when Taurus' natural characters can work against itself. I would bring up other Taurus examples but I only know of its placement in Mars intimately.

The planet Mars is a lesser malefic and prone to violence and aggression. Mars is the natural ruler of Aries and Scorpio, which are brutal signs. Taurus can be brutal but not because it's placed in Mars, it's because Taurus is exhibiting its shadow side. Just because Taurus is calm and peaceful by default doesn't mean it's not going to bulldoze over you if you push them too far. All signs have shadows, just like all planets have shadows.

Just as Chris Brown has Sun and Moon in Taurus but neither are Algol but he still completely flipped out and beat his ex-gf to a pulp actually proves my point.

As for Mars Algol, I have it. I've not ever physically beaten anyone up that didn't deserve it. I've never gone out of my way to initiate any fights but I don't ever back down from one either (physical ones, that is). It's just so happen I specifically have Mars Algol opposite Scorpio Uranus Rx. You talked about Scorpio's innate violent characters that's engrained in Mars... I suppose that point is valid and it's possible that this aspect can add to me "freely" and "openly" being in touch with the shadow side of Taurus. I can't totally rule it out, but as far as my Taurus Mars goes, where brutality can come from it's indistinguishable for me.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I do understand what you're talking about I don't think you get my point.

I did talk about Taurus' natural characteristics but I brought up the point that it depends on what planet occupies Taurus because that can create a drift in the norm. I brought up the Mars as an example of when Taurus' natural characters can work against itself. I would bring up other Taurus examples but I only know of its placement in Mars intimately.

The planet Mars is a lesser malefic and prone to violence and aggression. Mars is the natural ruler of Aries and Scorpio, which are brutal signs. Taurus can be brutal but not because it's placed in Mars, it's because Taurus is exhibiting its shadow side. Just because Taurus is calm and peaceful by default doesn't mean it's not going to bulldoze over you if you push them too far. All signs have shadows, just like all planets have shadows.

As for Mars Algol, I have it. I've not ever physically beaten anyone up that didn't deserve it. I've never gone out of my way to initiate any fights but I don't ever back down from one either (physical ones, that is). It's just so happen I specifically have Mars Algol opposite Scorpio Uranus Rx. You talked about Scorpio's innate violent characters that's engrained in Mars... I suppose it's possible that this aspect can add to me being "freely" and "openly" being in touch with the shadow side of Taurus. I can't totally rule it out, as it's indistinguishable for me.

I think we are may be saying the same thing, but perhaps not understanding each other as well as we might like. And the choice of Mars, from your own experience, but also being it is detriment in Taurus somewhat clouds the issue.

But I agree with everything you say here and did not mean to suggest that Taurus does not have a violent side. It does.

M

may28gemini

I wish there were other people who had Algol planets and can comment on how that planet acts because of Algol.

You're right. Taurus Mars example is complicated in the discussion because it's already a corrupted planet without the Algol. It was kind of hard for me to write about Algol being tied to my Mars... Normally, I don't have any issues with writing clear, long, drawn out responses.

BTW, I don't know if this helps any to the topic... but might as well.

Algol is supposed to be one of the most evil/unfortunate stars and since it's in Taurus, it effects the neck area. I've heard of people who have Algol planets to die by the neck.

I have Algol Mars in the 8th and ever since I was a small child, I've always been afraid of dying by getting my throat slit or strangulation. I can watch films showing extreme violence and not react toward it, but when I see someone get their throat sliced, or beheaded, or strangled, it really FREAKS me out. I use to have countless nightmares about people being beheaded and fearful I'd be next and wake up in a pool of sweat screaming like a banshee. I've had that fear all my life and I still do.

In the year 2300, Algol will be at 00Gemini21. I guess then it'll produce thousands of years of fear against Gemini and being worried that hands and arms gets chopped off!

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I wish there were other people who had Algol planets and can comment on how that planet acts because of Algol.

You're right. Taurus Mars example is complicated in the discussion because it's already a corrupted planet without the Algol. It was kind of hard for me to write about Algol being tied to my Mars... Normally, I don't have any issues with writing clear, long, drawn out responses.

BTW, I don't know if this helps any... but might as well.

Algol is supposed to be one of the most evil/unfortunate stars and since it's in Taurus, it effects the neck area. I've heard of people who have Algol planets to die by the neck.

I have Algol Mars in the 8th and ever since I was a small child, I've always been afraid of dying by getting my throat slit or strangulation. I can watch films showing extreme violence and not react toward it, but when I see someone get their throat sliced, or beheaded, or strangled, it really FREAKS me out. I use to have countless nightmares about people being beheaded and fearful I'd be next and wake up in sweat screaming. I've had that fear all my life and I still do.

I have Sun conjunct Algol within a degree, but also NN in Taurus several degrees away. So I can comment.
I've always had a pretty calm temperament, and have always projected one, except when I get backed into a corner. It takes me a long time to get pissed, but when I do, watch out. Pretty stereotypical Taurus. I've had problems with neck tension and pain, but have no particular fear of death connected with the neck. I am not able to witness physical or psychological violence or even really undeserved lack of respect without it really distressing me. But maybe your being immune or my being hypersensitive are two ends of the same stick and we are manifesting it from a similar source: Algol..?

I reckon we are also heading back to the point that all the aspects, the house position in this case [as yours is 8th and mine is 9th which makes a big difference!] and well as other dignity and debility will color the matter.

ocho

I have Sun conjunct Algol within a degree, but also NN in Taurus several degrees away. So I can comment.
I've always had a pretty calm temperament, and have always projected one, except when I get backed into a corner. It takes me a long time to get pissed, but when I do, watch out. Pretty stereotypical Taurus. I've had problems with neck tension and pain, but have no particular fear of death connected with the neck. I am not able to witness physical or psychological violence or even really undeserved lack of respect without it really distressing me. But maybe your being immune or my being hypersensitive are two ends of the same stick and we are manifesting it from a similar source: Algol..?

I reckon we are also heading back to the point that all the aspects, the house position in this case [as yours is 8th and mine is 9th which makes a big difference!] and well as other dignity and debility will color the matter.
Is it stronger conjunct Sun or ascendant?

IleneK

Premium Member
Since you have it conjunct your sun you will succeed in finishing your enemies

That certainly has been true sometimes, especially since my Sun applies to a square with Mars in Leo conjunct fixed star, Regulus.

But I have not always finished my enemies; some have certainly finished me.
icon7.gif

It all depends upon the entire chart, transits, profections and so on.

M

may28gemini

Your Sun Algol actually joys in the 9th house. I think that helps lessen the malefic effects of Algol. If you had Sun Algol in 8th, it would be a different matter...

It's possible that Algol on your Sun actually makes you sympathize with those who fall victim to violence. The Sun is concerned about well-being and providing light for others. Perhaps Moon Algol would be kind, too. Maybe even Venus Algol.

On the other hand, Algol Mars is concerned about destruction and is very selfish. Mars itself is concerned with personal desires. I'm pretty selfish. I don't sympathize with those who fall victim. 8th house is the underworld and believes in survival. I also believe that if I'm beaten by someone, I know I'm beaten by someone better/stronger than me. Then I'd want to come back and beat them in return. I actually despise "victims" and I hate weakness. I always wonder, "What the heck did they do to warrant getting messed up?!"

I actually don't feel bad for Rihanna. She's an idiot for putting herself in the situation that she was in. She probably pushed Chris Brown and he exploded. I don't have sympathy for those when they put themselves in the line of fire and then act like they're "innocent." Load of BULL!

IleneK

Premium Member
Sun is in its joy in the 9th, but also Sun is a more pivotal planet in the chart, so Algol's effects are likely more far-reaching. I do appreciate the depths of debilitated Mars in the 8th, with strong Scorpio influences, even without the conjunction with Algol. And how we feel about the violence that is enacted by and befalls others would be reflected by other chart influences including condition of our Moon, Venus, Jupiter.

Interesting conversation. Thanks.
And I love your Kitty sig. No doubt a most superior strategist!
icon7.gif

Cheers,

M

may28gemini

9th in various astrological methods is supposed to be the most auspicious house. It's the house that belongs to Jupiter and thus, I think Jupiter's house lessens malefic effects. 8th house is the underworld and deals with losses and I think it can most definitely enhance malefic effects and overwhelm.

I think the cat is an Aries. In color, he's orange, and looks very focused about winning!

IleneK

Premium Member
9th in various astrological methods is supposed to be the most auspicious house. It's the house that belongs to Jupiter and thus, I think Jupiter's house lessens malefic effects. 8th house is the underworld and deals with losses and I think it can most definitely enhance malefic effects and overwhelm.

I think the cat is an Aries. In color, he's orange, and looks very focused about winning!

The 9th is a pretty nice domicile.

The condition of the ruler of the house and also aspects that the planet in question makes, all go to establishing the overall strength or weakness of Algol's influence. So we would need to evaluate the overall condition of Sun in Taurus conjunct Algol in the 9th and Mars in Taurus conjunct Algol in the 8th, to see which is most adversely affected.

M

may28gemini

My detriment Mars isn't really malefic in the traditional sense since it gets help from the Libra Saturn-Jupiter trine. Pisces Moon sextile Mars also helps out as well.

I often wonder how someone with 8th house Mars Algol with a lot of difficult aspects would behave. I haven't found such a person to make a comparison.

IleneK

Premium Member
My detriment Mars isn't really malefic in the traditional sense since it gets help from the Libra Saturn-Jupiter trine. Pisces Moon sextile Mars also helps out as well.

I often wonder how someone with 8th house Mars Algol with a lot of difficult aspects would behave. I haven't found such a person to make a comparison.

And my Sun gets no help by aspect, having multiple squares from the 12th [although they are in Leo, so they "like" the Sun in that respect], a sequiquadrate and an inconjunct from other planets.