Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background

Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background Here you are welcome to tell us as much or as little about yourself as you please while also talking about your interest in astrology: we would love to get to know you! Please do not post requests for astrological chart readings or astrological advertisements here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-13-2021, 09:22 PM
brainpuddle brainpuddle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 102
Yo

Here for some good discussion, and as always, more data. -puts on a lab coat and starts jotting on a clipboard while unapologetically staring at you-

Been studying on and off for about seventeen years. Went through some weird intellectual and emotional journeys about believing in a superstitious concept, but I'm quite settled into my views now. I'm very interested in its biological basis, I 100% believe that astrology is a misrepresented neurological science. Someday I'm hoping to have the resources to run tests, such as oxytocin levels in Cancers, or a study of amygdala anomalies in fire signs. In the meantime, it's been nice to see science going in that direction, albeit unrecognized as astrology, with more and more studies showing inherent biological and observed psychological differences based on season of birth, that tend to correlate with the conclusions astrology has been positing for hundreds or thousands of years.

I also probably practice differently than most of you, since for me, studying astrology has been a long running test of which aspects hold up and which don't. I completely ignore planets, I've found no apparent basis for them, and I find some of their supposed purposes in the chart redundant and needlessly obscuring. I focus on Sun/Moon/Ascendant, almost exclusively. I also believe in the Houses, mostly but not exclusively as an extension of the Ascendant, not including the planets within them. And I believe in Lilith, but within somewhat of a different framework than is typically applied to it. No planets, no nodes, no other celestial bodies. I barely **** with degrees, but I'm learning. lol So I expect a lot of the talk here will go over my head, but I hope I can contribute some good ideas anyways, from astrology as I've come to understand it.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-13-2021, 10:18 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 66,560
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainpuddle View Post
Here for some good discussion, and as always, more data. -puts on a lab coat and starts jotting on a clipboard while unapologetically staring at you-

Been studying on and off for about seventeen years. Went through some weird intellectual and emotional journeys about believing in a superstitious concept, but I'm quite settled into my views now. I'm very interested in its biological basis, I 100% believe that astrology is a misrepresented neurological science. Someday I'm hoping to have the resources to run tests, such as oxytocin levels in Cancers, or a study of amygdala anomalies in fire signs. In the meantime, it's been nice to see science going in that direction, albeit unrecognized as astrology, with more and more studies showing inherent biological and observed psychological differences based on season of birth, that tend to correlate with the conclusions astrology has been positing for hundreds or thousands of years.

I also probably practice differently than most of you, since for me, studying astrology has been a long running test of which aspects hold up and which don't. I completely ignore planets, I've found no apparent basis for them, and I find some of their supposed purposes in the chart redundant and needlessly obscuring. I focus on Sun/Moon/Ascendant, almost exclusively. I also believe in the Houses, mostly but not exclusively as an extension of the Ascendant, not including the planets within them. And I believe in Lilith, but within somewhat of a different framework than is typically applied to it. No planets, no nodes, no other celestial bodies. I barely **** with degrees, but I'm learning. lol So I expect a lot of the talk here will go over my head, but I hope I can contribute some good ideas anyways, from astrology as I've come to understand it.
Hello brainpuddle welcome


FREE ONLINE TUTORIAL with some online self-testing as well
at An Introduction to Horary
A basic, introductory course on horary to get you started
- with interactive assignments and online resources

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=126556
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...os/1B*.html#19
members are given the designation "Senior Member"
after posting a certain number of comments
not that many

keep in mind that because ours is an astrological learning forum
where members practice astrological skills free
no one is paid therefore responses to threads
are often from members who are beginners
with little or no experience
keen to learn by practice
members are encouraged to discuss interpreting their own charts to learn by practice
we also have members with many years of astrological study completed
members have day jobs
and those of our members who are professionals
do not provide a complete professional reading for free


some navigation tips:
all are welcome

- whether a TRADITIONAL astrologer or a MODERNIST astrologer
and
our forum hosts BOTH perspectives ON SEPARATE BOARDS

our HELP WITH FORUMS AND SUGGESTIONS board is at
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...splay.php?f=22

our TRADITIONAL ASTROLOGY ONLY board
is at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=92

For discussions on Traditional Astrology only.
Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras.
Specifically it relies on Ptolemaic aspects sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction
and excludes modern planets Neptune, Uranus and Pluto
non-Ptolemaic aspects, as well as any asteroids.
The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation
and more on prediction.
Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas
should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.

our MODERNIST ASTROLOGY ONLY board
is at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95
For discussions on Modern Astrology only.
Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists.
Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches
and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto
and non-Ptolemaic aspects.
The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.


our CHINESE ASTROLOGY BOARD
is at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...splay.php?f=88

VEDIC ASTROLOGY board
discussion is at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=87


FREE online pdf
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

interesting discussion http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...d.php?t=112883

and another http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=80531



HOW TO GRADUATE FROM ASTROLOGY 101
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=57956

ASTROLOGY FOR PAY - HOW TO DO IT
discussion thread at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=92935


other boards include:

HORARY ASTROLOGY only http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=42
CHAT board http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=13

ITALIAN ASTROLOGER - Margherita Fiorello
is from Rome, Italy.
website has option of text in Italian also
at https://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com/


BEST FREE INFORMATION ON FIXED STARS ONLINE
AT http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Fixedsta
[/QUOTE]
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-13-2021, 11:55 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 15,834
Re: Yo

You're definitely different, and that's a good thing to see.

Hope you don't ghost after your third post. Looking forward to seeing your brand of technique.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-14-2021, 12:35 AM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,367
Re: Yo

You sound like a very intelligent individual.

Welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-14-2021, 04:01 PM
brainpuddle brainpuddle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 102
Re: Yo

Thanks guys.

I'm not really the ghosting type. More the getting banned type. But I'll try to keep my overly critical nature in my pants. lol
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-14-2021, 05:13 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 66,560
Re: Yo

Have fun while you Research, Study and Vigilantly Practice!




these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way



.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-15-2021, 12:39 AM
Thirdteenth's Avatar
Thirdteenth Thirdteenth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: 🌍
Posts: 466
Re: Yo

Namaste �� enjoy your time and don’t speak getting banned into existence friend. It might just happen. Also you got me just a little..a tiny bit curious from reading what you wrote.
__________________
Humility, that low, sweet root, from which all
heavenly virtues shoot.
-Thomas Moore

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-15-2021, 01:00 AM
brainpuddle brainpuddle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 102
Re: Yo

I appreciate the concern. I don't really subscribe to it though. If I get banned, it won't be because I made a self-deprecating joke, it'll be because I argued with the wrong person. lol Can't help myself. Burning urge to speak my mind, ya know?
But nice to meet you too. ^_^

Which part are you curious about?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-15-2021, 01:26 AM
Thirdteenth's Avatar
Thirdteenth Thirdteenth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: 🌍
Posts: 466
Re: Yo

Ouuuuuuu! Omg! I know exactly how you are going to feel love but I think you got this in the bag. Seriously donít get banned. Only if you knew...ugh...admi- let me not even finish that word. Sheesh. Ouuu...Iím getting so kiddy. Donít mind it please. Anyways...I like the way you write...but most importantly the fact you barley using any astrology to learn astrology, if that makes any sense. I know I can sound like Iím speaking a different language, dialect friend, dialect. I hope you get what I mean.
__________________
Humility, that low, sweet root, from which all
heavenly virtues shoot.
-Thomas Moore

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-15-2021, 02:12 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 15,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainpuddle View Post
Thanks guys.

I'm not really the ghosting type. More the getting banned type. But I'll try to keep my overly critical nature in my pants. lol
No doubt. Just looking through the new posts you've already been in a couple of debates and have a couple of posts deleted by our indefatigable admin... you move quickly that's for sure.

As to your brand of astrology, it's similar to the western sidereal school a la Fagan & Bradley, now currently spearheaded by Jim Eschelman. They also focus primarily on the signs of the luminaries, with planetary influences lower on the hierarchy. They have a fairly active and tightknit group over on their forum solunars... you may want to head there to check out what they have to say.

Curious about your hypothesis regarding the amygdala anomalies of fire signs, whether or not you want to share it here, a relevant thread or not at all is of course up to you.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 01-15-2021, 02:07 PM
brainpuddle brainpuddle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 102
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdteenth View Post
Ouuuuuuu! Omg! I know exactly how you are going to feel love but I think you got this in the bag. Seriously donít get banned. Only if you knew...ugh...admi- let me not even finish that word. Sheesh. Ouuu...Iím getting so kiddy. Donít mind it please. Anyways...I like the way you write...but most importantly the fact you barley using any astrology to learn astrology, if that makes any sense. I know I can sound like Iím speaking a different language, dialect friend, dialect. I hope you get what I mean.
lol I like the way you write too. It's cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdteenth View Post
but most importantly the fact you barley using any astrology to learn astrology, if that makes any sense.
I think it does. I guess through the lens of standard astrological practices, I could be called a specialist.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 01-15-2021, 02:21 PM
brainpuddle brainpuddle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 102
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
No doubt. Just looking through the new posts you've already been in a couple of debates and have a couple of posts deleted by our indefatigable admin... you move quickly that's for sure.

As to your brand of astrology, it's similar to the western sidereal school a la Fagan & Bradley, now currently spearheaded by Jim Eschelman. They also focus primarily on the signs of the luminaries, with planetary influences lower on the hierarchy. They have a fairly active and tightknit group over on their forum solunars... you may want to head there to check out what they have to say.

Curious about your hypothesis regarding the amygdala anomalies of fire signs, whether or not you want to share it here, a relevant thread or not at all is of course up to you.
Hm. Hadn't heard of it. Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out. I might have an easier time discussing some of my theories there. This forum is starting to make me feel terribly controversial. lol

The amygdala theory is still in its development, I've been reading a lot more about that part of the brain lately, especially with the newer studies coming out that imply a wider influence than neurologists previously believed the amygdala to have. But at some point I'll definitely make a thread for discussion of biological theory in general, once I have time to really lay out my thoughts on it all. I'm pretty jazzed to see if anyone else is interested in this.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 01-15-2021, 04:55 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 15,834
Re: Yo

Ha, I'm not sure you'd be accepted with open arms there, as you'd probably be challenged at every step on the count of you reading signs that are 23į out from where they have determined them. Close-knit is the operative word, for both good and ill.

I like the multidisciplinary approach. I think the best Astrologers are something of Renaissance Men/Women, which allows them to venture interpretations on various areas of life with more mastery and depth.

I'm not too keen on the overly regulated mod style in the astrological threads. It's setting up a precedent where fresh ideas are stifled if the poster sharing doesn't fit neatly into the conception that said mod has of a thread. On the other hand, conspiracy and highly inflammatory political threads are allowed to proliferate on the forum. I'm not sure if the terrafirming is intended but that's sure how things are being shaped.

One loophole is to create threads in the chat forum with titles that could be creatively interpreted, and discuss your ideas there since that's the most lax place in terms of moderation. Or, you could leave which would be a shame since you'd be among a long line of dynamic posters who were turned off by the constant intrusiveness of the so-called regulations.

As one with 5 planets and their ascendant in fire, I'm interested in hearing a discussion that goes into the mechanics of how that element operates, since it doesn't seem to inspire that kind of treatment usually.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 01-15-2021, 05:22 PM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,367
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post

I'm not sure if the terrafirming is intended but that's sure how things are being shaped.
Sorry Puddle, I don't mean to hijack your thread, however I just need to ask CT a question.

CT: What does "terrafirming" mean? Is it the same as terraforming?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 01-15-2021, 05:43 PM
brainpuddle brainpuddle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 102
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Ha, I'm not sure you'd be accepted with open arms there, as you'd probably be challenged at every step on the count of you reading signs that are 23į out from where they have determined them. Close-knit is the operative word, for both good and ill.
lol You're probably right. But I don't mind being challenged in the slightest, as long as people are willing to really discuss things earnestly, in depth. The people over there don't have to like me or my ideas for us to learn from eachother, especially if there are already some commonalities in our practices. But maybe I'm being overly optimistic still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I like the multidisciplinary approach. I think the best Astrologers are something of Renaissance Men/Women, which allows them to venture interpretations on various areas of life with more mastery and depth.
Me too, to an extent. I believe all avenues should be explored, and people can learn from experience what does and doesn't work for them. A purist in anything has no comparative basis, either to invalidate stagnant assumptions or to expand the lens through which they can understand their own style of practice. Even things that turn out to be wrong are experience gained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I'm not too keen on the overly regulated mod style in the astrological threads. It's setting up a precedent where fresh ideas are stifled if the poster sharing doesn't fit neatly into the conception that said mod has of a thread. On the other hand, conspiracy and highly inflammatory political threads are allowed to proliferate on the forum. I'm not sure if the terrafirming is intended but that's sure how things are being shaped.
Yeah, I know what you mean. This place is a little intimidating to be honest. For one, I've been here two days and I've already had about half a dozen posts deleted, majority of which were absolutely on topic, so I really can't say why someone felt the need to purge them. Maybe they just didn't like what I had to say? Or maybe they misunderstood it and didn't ask, so they assumed it wasn't related. I don't know. On top of that, I feel I can't really just say my own interpretation of things without an older user hounding me about how my version is invalid, instead of just engaging in discussion with me about the topic at hand. Or ignoring me, if that's what they feel like. And it's endlessly perplexing to me that so many users here seem so averse to discussing basics, like the luminaries and the nature of the signs themselves. I feel like if I try to say something like "Cancer tends to be prone to x-trait/concept", it gets immediately shot down, with little explanation beyond variations of "that's not my astrology". I mean, I get that you guys focus less on luminaries and more on planets/contacts/etc, that's totally fine, but what even is astrology if we can't talk about the themes of the signs themselves? lol
And yeah, the pages of hostile conspiracy threads are.... wow. I'm just gonna stay out of that part of the site.
I understand this community has a long history behind it and it's own way of doing things, but aside from you and Thirteen here, the forum has felt pretty unwelcoming.
But I'm hoping this has just been a bad first impression, and things will smooth out as I meet more users here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
One loophole is to create threads in the chat forum with titles that could be creatively interpreted, and discuss your ideas there since that's the most lax place in terms of moderation. Or, you could leave which would be a shame since you'd be among a long line of dynamic posters who were turned off by the constant intrusiveness of the so-called regulations.
It's not that easy to get rid of me. lol
Thanks for the tip about chat, though. But it is a shame that it's sometimes difficult to use the other subforums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
As one with 5 planets and their ascendant in fire, I'm interested in hearing a discussion that goes into the mechanics of how that element operates, since it doesn't seem to inspire that kind of treatment usually.
Oo, I'd love to! I'd actually say I understand fire the least, but that just lights my fire -cringes at myself- even more. I feel myself heading into a binge of studying fire signs specifically, so this'll be the perfect time to bounce ideas off other people.

Last edited by brainpuddle; 01-15-2021 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 01-15-2021, 05:44 PM
brainpuddle brainpuddle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 102
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Sorry Puddle, I don't mean to hijack your thread, however I just need to ask CT a question.
lol No worries. My thread is a free zone. (I hope.)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brainpuddle For This Useful Post:
wan (01-15-2021)
  #17  
Unread 01-15-2021, 06:01 PM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,367
Re: Yo

Thanks Puddle! You seem like a very easygoing person.

I think it's definitely valid to want to talk about the basics of the signs, the "big 3"..etc. For example, my Moon is in Scorpio, and a lot of the textbook descriptions of this placement apply to me, and I see nothing wrong with wanting to discuss these. Yes aspects to Moon and her placement matter too, however nothing changes the fact that my particular moon is in Scorpio, and that fundamentally this confers certain traits on me, regardless of other competing factors.

So puddle, if you want to discuss just signs or the luminaries, you are very welcome to do so with me. In fact, I am very intrigued by your placement. I am betting with myself that your Mercury is probably in Gemini, which would explain your articulate writing style. Its so easy and flowing. Not something one would normally expect of a typical Taurus.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 01-15-2021, 06:19 PM
brainpuddle brainpuddle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 102
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Thanks Puddle! You seem like a very easygoing person.

I think it's definitely valid to want to talk about the basics of the signs, the "big 3"..etc. For example, my Moon is in Scorpio, and a lot of the textbook descriptions of this placement apply to me, and I see nothing wrong with wanting to discuss these. Yes aspects to Moon and her placement matter too, however nothing changes the fact that my particular moon is in Scorpio, and that fundamentally this confers certain traits on me, regardless of other competing factors.

So puddle, if you want to discuss just signs or the luminaries, you are very welcome to do so with me. In fact, I am very intrigued by your placement. I am betting with myself that your Mercury is probably in Gemini, which would explain your articulate writing style. Its so easy and flowing. Not something one would normally expect of a typical Taurus.
You seem like a pretty easygoing person too, I'm glad I have people here I can chat with casually. ^_^

Exactly! It's totally cool to want to go into more depth, but I personally find the very basic concepts of astrology super interesting. I guess it's because I come at it from a basis of psychology, since that was my passion even before I found astrology. So to me, simply saying that you have a Scorpio Moon has so many interesting implications to explore in and of itself. I mean, a person's deep, subconscious needs are nothing to shake a stick at. There's a lot there. The human mind is endlessly fascinating. <3

Actually my Mercury is in Taurus too. lol
I have a friend on this forum who's currently trying to guess my Moon, Ascendant, and Lilith, so I'm not going to post those publicly just yet. But I'm happy to answer any other questions about my chart, and I can message you those three in private, if you want.
If you don't mind me asking, what are your Sun and Ascendant?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 01-15-2021, 06:28 PM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,367
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainpuddle View Post
You seem like a pretty easygoing person too, I'm glad I have people here I can chat with casually. ^_^

Exactly! It's totally cool to want to go into more depth, but I personally find the very basic concepts of astrology super interesting. I guess it's because I come at it from a basis of psychology, since that was my passion even before I found astrology. So to me, simply saying that you have a Scorpio Moon has so many interesting implications to explore in and of itself. I mean, a person's deep, subconscious needs are nothing to shake a stick at. There's a lot there. The human mind is endlessly fascinating. <3

Actually my Mercury is in Taurus too. lol
I have a friend on this forum who's currently trying to guess my Moon, Ascendant, and Lilith, so I'm not going to post those publicly just yet. But I'm happy to answer any other questions about my chart, and I can message you those three in private, if you want.
If you don't mind me asking, what are your Sun and Ascendant?
I approach astrology from the perspective of psychology, too. I think it's fascinating!

My Sun is in Leo at 9, my ascendant is in Pisces at 12. I have a somewhat angular chart, because I have two planets almost exactly conjunct my two angles (Neptune on Midheaven, Saturn on descendant). I also have Mars in 4th house, although not conjunct nadir. My house emphasis is the 6th, it has my Sun in it, which is the final dispositor of my chart.

Feel very free to PM me your details if you desire, puddle. It's entirely up to you. Or you can continue keeping your placements a secret, I like it when people keep me guessing XD. Must be that Mars in Gemini of mine.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 01-15-2021, 06:38 PM
brainpuddle brainpuddle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 102
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
I approach astrology from the perspective of psychology, too. I think it's fascinating!

My Sun is in Leo at 9, my ascendant is in Pisces at 12. I have a somewhat angular chart, because I have two planets almost exactly conjunct my two angles (Neptune on Midheaven, Saturn on descendant). I also have Mars in 4th house, although not conjunct nadir. My house emphasis is the 6th, it has my Sun in it, which is the final dispositor of my chart.

Feel very free to PM me your details if you desire, puddle. It's entirely up to you. Or you can continue keeping your placements a secret, I like it when people keep me guessing XD. Must be that Mars in Gemini of mine.
pfft I just realized you were the same person I talked to about this just yesterday. lol My bad. So many new people. It's a lot to keep track of.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 01-15-2021, 08:10 PM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,367
Re: Yo

Lol! No worries puddle.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 01-23-2021, 12:48 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 15,834
Re: Yo

Yep, wan. Terraforming was the intended word. Mobile makes it so that you don't catch your mistakes as much, and the context makes it so I don't care to correct when I do see that I'd make the mistakes. Hopefully the metaphor stands.

Brainpuddle, yeah I think a lot of the old heads are skeptical of mainstream/sun-sign and/or psychological astrology, as most who are proponents don't go beyond the most basic tropes or if they are doing the psychology thing, are in actuality regurgitating pop psych and using it as a basis of delineations/judgments.

I think a lot of their concerns are justified, and perhaps their minds go on autopilot when they get a whiff that you are coming from that angle. If I'm remembering my astrologers right, a lot of the active 20th century ones at least had backgrounds in some kind of helping, counselling or social work profession, which perhaps gave them credibility when they decide to get "psychological". The problem might be the instant experts that read the books once and proceed to diagnose and prognosticate.

And there's the issue that of the professional fields, psychology seems to be one where people seem to be quite okay with assuming themselves qualified without having done any formal training. What's your opinion on that? Do you see a point here as far as that skepticism is concerned?

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 01-23-2021 at 12:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 01-23-2021, 07:02 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 26,939
Smile Re: Yo

When it comes to astrology, I'm skeptical of the skeptics, as well as of the self-appointed pontificators.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 01-23-2021, 07:58 AM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 6,157
Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainpuddle View Post
I appreciate the concern. I don't really subscribe to it though. If I get banned, it won't be because I made a self-deprecating joke, it'll be because I argued with the wrong person. lol Can't help myself. Burning urge to speak my mind, ya know?
But nice to meet you too. ^_^

Which part are you curious about?
Welcome to the forum
Looks like you're already having your posts deleted. Don't get banned too quickly
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.