Look! Another oppositions-square chart!

Eklipse

I tried to do one of my friends chart, because it is always very fun and interesting... But as I looked in Astro.com's feature, Astroclick Portrait, I saw tons and tons of Red lines (Squares and oppositions). There also seems to be a massive stellium in capricorn, the same configuration of the end of 80's you told me was... "destined". I suspect she has something particular, since the stellium is square the ascendant and opposition midheaven!

Edith, born 14 december 1988, Midnight 13 mins, Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada!

Please, shed some light on that chart! Thanks! If you're interested, I've got plenty of those "end 80's' chart, since I had to do a class report about astrology and studied a few classmates' chart with my limited knowledge...

Your friend and novice astrologer, Eklipse!

wilsontc

Staff member
Look at the "big picture" first

Eklipse,

I suggest you look at the "big picture" of the chart first. Using the method on my website ( htttp://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc ) you know that she is an inner focused person (most of the planets at the bottom of the chart ) who is focused on others (more of the planets on the right side of the chart). You know that she has a focus in the 4th house (home). The "red lines" are stressful, as you understand, but "stress leads to strength" and having stress in our lives motivates us to accomplish in our life (in fact, it is a warning sign in any chart that has all "easy" lines in it (sextiles and trines) because the person may be find it difficult to motivate themselves).

So we know that she is inner focused, relies on others, is "home-focused", and is motivated. To go to the next level, the next step is to see if the pattern of all this energy focuses on anything. In particular it is useful to see if the nodes (representing the life goals) are part of an aspect pattern. Here you search Google for aspect patterns and find there is an Easy Opposition between the nodes focused on her 4th house (home), so home life in some way helps her move from her South node (easy goals, the past) to her North node (future goals) in her life.

All this indicates that the 4th house focus is STRONGLY "connected into" her chart. Extending the "home" definition of the 4th house, we find it also has to do with emotions and nurturing. So emotional nurturing may be important to this person. This is reinforced by her having a T-square involving this fourth house stellium to Virgo (daily work, also health) modifying Ascendant (self), which focuses her stellium on health issues. Add in Capricorn (duty, also career) energy, and maybe she wants to have a career in nurturing people to better heatlh by helping them deal with their emotional issues.

It is probably a LITTLE early for her to think about this in her life ;) , but she might already be heading that way (or in some similar way). As an astrologer you could gently point out this possibility to her and see if it "fits" her reality. If not, try to understand more from her about what home, emotions, health, and career mean to her. Pretty soon she'll be explaining to you what her chart REALLY means! ;)

Astrology is fascinating, because it allows us to peer in a person's being and see the vague outlines of another person's life. But it is the person themselves who knows the reality of these "outlines".

Astrologically,

Tim

Waterbearer50

Wlson,

Clicked your link and got page can't be dislayed. Just to let you know. :)

P.S. liked your post,was interested to see website.

WB50

Eklipse

Hey! Great! I asked her, and she wants to study in human sciences (psychology, I think). It is interesting to look at the oppositions and squares as "stress to improve"... And from now on I'll only be warned if I see only easy energy everywhere!

Eklipse, who's learning more and more thanks to you all! ;)