South Node and karmic nightmares

TheCrow

I've been having nightmares throughout my whole life and I've just recently wondered if that could have something to do with my South Node in the 8th house? My nightmares are often very very violent. :unsure:

I also have two influencing aspects on my Nodal Axis: Pluto □ South/North Node and Lilith □ South/North Node.

Maybe someone here had similar experiences or any idea how I can stop dreaming such things? Thank you in advance for any input on this subject. :)

Last edited:

YonyGursho

I've been having nightmares throughout my whole life and I've just recently wondered if that could have something to do with my South Node in the 8th house? My nightmares are often very very violent. :unsure:

I also have two influencing aspects on my Nodal Axis: Pluto □ South/North Node and Lilith □ South/North Node.

Maybe someone here had similar experiences or any idea how I can stop dreaming such things? Thank you in advance for any input on this subject. :)

Wish I could say for sure, but I don't think I fully understand what the south node actually is. I understand that it deals with the karma of the individual and what they've done in past lives, seeing as north node is about everything that we need to achieve in this life time.

My best guess is that south node = all of our past life deeds/whatever we've done in our past lives.

Lillith = animalistic, untameable side of ourselves. So that squaring your north node should mean your animal, untameable side causes serious troubles with what you are going to achieve in this life.

I think that lilith squaring your south node means that whatever your animal side in this life is has caused serious troubles with what you were doing in your past lives, as it is creating a trend of bad karma for you, stemming off from those past mistakes in those lives.

Pluto squaring north node means you're obsessive nature is in conflict with who you need to be in this life.

Anyways, those are just my best guesses. Hope it helped :)

Last edited:

rahu

Banned

pluto square the node can give a tendency to violent dream content but usually the it is Uranus or midpoints with Uranus that give the dreams states.
pluto square can give dreams of danger or premonitions of death of others. it can allow disembodied souls to come into your dreams which might be part of what your dreams are about.

in addition nightmares are very often associated with Saturn square to Neptune. you need to post your chart as a single aspect is not going to give a definitive answer to your question.
personally I don't interpret true Lilith (h130) in the old testament manner. the lilith asteroid may have those characteristics but the true Lilith is a axis between the sun and moon orbits,so I don't use the mythological symbolism .

rahu

Last edited:

TheCrow

Wish I could say for sure, but I don't think I fully understand what the south node actually is. I understand that it deals with the karma of the individual and what they've done in past lives, seeing as north node is about everything that we need to achieve in this life time.

My best guess is that south node = all of our past life deeds/whatever we've done in our past lives.

Lillith = animalistic, untameable side of ourselves. So that squaring your north node should mean your animal, untameable side causes serious troubles with what you are going to achieve in this life.

I think that lilith squaring your south node means that whatever your animal side in this life is has caused serious troubles with what you were doing in your past lives, as it is creating a trend of bad karma for you, stemming off from those past mistakes in those lives.

Pluto squaring north node means you're obsessive nature is in conflict with who you need to be in this life.

Anyways, those are just my best guesses. Hope it helped :)

Thank you very much for your input. :)

TheCrow

pluto square the node can give a tendency to violent dream content but usually the it is Uranus or midpoints with Uranus that give the dreams states.
pluto square can give dreams of danger or premonitions of death of others. it can allow disembodied souls to come into your dreams which might be part of what your dreams are about.

in addition nightmares are very often associated with Saturn square to Neptune. you need to post your chart as a single aspect is not going to give a definitive answer to your question.
personally I don't interpret true Lilith (h130) in the old testament manner. the lilith asteroid may have those characteristics but the true Lilith is a axis between the sun and moon orbits,so I don't use the mythological symbolism .

rahu

Thank you so much for your input. I've read that we aren't allowed to post any birthcharts unless in this one particular section. :/

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you so much for your input. I've read that we aren't allowed to post any birthcharts unless in this one particular section. :/

That's not true. You may post your birth chart anywhere that it's appropriate.

Where it would not be appropriate to post your birth chart is in someone else's thread, unless they've invited you, or other posters in general, to post your chart there. Since this is your thread, it's fine if you post your chart.

Osamenor

Staff member

There are multiple ways to interpret the nodes. If we're looking at the south node = karmic past interpretation, the south node could mean several things: your actual past life(s), as in reincarnation, or your ancestral past--race memory, things that happened to your ancestors that you're still carrying--or impressions from very early in this life. We could even say it's all of those.

The eighth house, in that context, is usually a house of trauma. If we consider that to be your past life, you had a traumatic past life, quite possibly ending with an especially traumatic death. Pluto square the node also suggests that. Maybe you lived through a war, or famine, or abuse. Something along those lines. If you're coming from a past life like that, it would explain the nightmares.

We could also interpret past life less literally. Maybe what you're experiencing is ancestral trauma, coming out in nightmares.

I've found that if I play the "what was your past life like" game with someone, using their south node, the story we come up with tends to have an echo in the current life. If you have a traumatic past life story, it's likely that there's some similar trauma in your current life. Maybe a lesser version of it, but still trauma. That's another way to explain frequent nightmares.

If you decide to post your chart, I could look at it in more depth.

TheCrow

Okay, thank you so much for the clarification! :)

I'm gonna attach my birth chart to this post. Thanks so much to everyone giving me insights and tips.

astro_2at_nadine_hk.50770.3799.jpg

YonyGursho

There are multiple ways to interpret the nodes. If we're looking at the south node = karmic past interpretation, the south node could mean several things: your actual past life(s), as in reincarnation, or your ancestral past--race memory, things that happened to your ancestors that you're still carrying--or impressions from very early in this life. We could even say it's all of those.

The eighth house, in that context, is usually a house of trauma. If we consider that to be your past life, you had a traumatic past life, quite possibly ending with an especially traumatic death. Pluto square the node also suggests that. Maybe you lived through a war, or famine, or abuse. Something along those lines. If you're coming from a past life like that, it would explain the nightmares.

We could also interpret past life less literally. Maybe what you're experiencing is ancestral trauma, coming out in nightmares.

I've found that if I play the "what was your past life like" game with someone, using their south node, the story we come up with tends to have an echo in the current life. If you have a traumatic past life story, it's likely that there's some similar trauma in your current life. Maybe a lesser version of it, but still trauma. That's another way to explain frequent nightmares.

If you decide to post your chart, I could look at it in more depth.

Well the underlying theme for the nodes is "achievements", so north node should be what we need to achieve in this life time and south node should be the exact opposite of that, which would make it what we needed to achieve either in our most previous past life or just in all of our past lives.

South node is always in the opposite sign of one's north node too and has opposite all the reverse aspects of the north node, so this pretty much means that whatever we needed to achieve in either our past lives or in our most recent one has been very different than what we need to achieve in this one.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned

I'm gonna attach my birth chart to this post. Thanks so much to everyone giving me insights and tips.

View attachment 80918

the north node is an axis of energy and either south or north node can relate to past lives. a square to the node can show that the affect of past lives is acting on you

the concept of achievement with the node is just astro babble. the nodal energy related your immediate actions as well as past life actions. the nodal energy is the entry that the soul uses to enter the astral planes.

transits to the node are more reliable than any other of the astrological symbols.

you have venus conjunct the north node and you have Lilith conjunct to Pluto and square to the nodal axis. so it is really looking as if your dreams are a connection to past lives . the lilth square shows a portal from the astral planes . this gives the possibility that these dreams are coming from disembodied entities, but it is also possible that you are receiving astral input from embodied entities. That is live people.

your pattern suggest that you have had premonitions of the deaths of others or that departed souls can communicate with you,in addition to the possibility that you are picking up living beings energies.

venus with the north node really amps up your intuitions and gives psychic sensitivity.

your mercury is square to Uranus and as mentioned already ,Uranus/mercury aspects give clearer indications that you have access to the astral plane/dream states.

so your life long history of nightmares is because you have an "open" portal of the planes of life and/or death.

I would suggest trying to find a competent psychic to help your unravel the forces you are sensitive to.

your Uranus is biquintile to the south node. this suggest that you have the potential to harness your astral awareness .your chiron is biquintile to the north node which also gives the potential to fully understand the nature of the connection of life and death. but you must work at these concepts consciously, as these forces can cause great mental instability if you are only subject to fear.

I think by just realizing there is a "higher" organized plane working through you that the chaos and fear of your nightmares will end.

rahu

Osamenor

Staff member
Well the underlying theme for the nodes is "achievements", so north node should be what we need to achieve in this life time and south node should be the exact opposite of that, which would make it what we needed to achieve either in our most previous past life or just in all of our past lives.

South node is always in the opposite sign of one's north node too and has opposite all the reverse aspects of the north node, so this pretty much means that whatever we needed to achieve in either our past lives or in our most recent one has been very different than what we need to achieve in this one.

I've found that to be not always true. Sometimes the north node story is very similar to the south node one. In that case, we're looking at a "keep on with what you were doing" kind of message. And in some cases, the north and south node pictures do look very different. In those cases, yes, the current life path will be very different from before. But still, what I've seen in doing south node story interpretations is that there's always an echo of the south node story in the current life. It might be something that gets left behind at a young age, but it's still there.

In this case, there's another ace to turn over: south node ruler is the sun. As the south node ruler, we look at the sun, and its placement and aspects, for their negative meanings. South node, and its ruler, describes problems we need to solve. But the sun also serves everyone as an indicator of what they need for their own personal growth. Just because it rules the south node, doesn't mean we don't read the sun in that way as well.

Osamenor

Staff member

There's quite a lot going on with your nodes. I don't want to get too complex too fast, but just to throw out some key astrological phrases:

If I'm looking for a past life experience of violence in your node story, it's easy to find. South node in the eighth can indicate that. South node ruler in warrior Aries: those indicators together suggest an experience of war, or something similar--if not a literal war, then maybe living in a gang ridden neighborhood, or experiencing domestic violence, or something like that. The third house placement of the sun (SN ruler), plus its conjunction to Mercury, indicate a "must think on your feet" kind of situation.

And, your south node is tightly opposed by Venus and loosely by Mars. That could indicate who or what was an insurmountable obstacle to you, in a past life. Mars opposition suggests victim of violence, but this is a very wide orb opposition, so it doesn't look like it was as extreme as it might have been. But, you have a very tight Pluto square to the nodes, and that's an even stronger suggestion of having been victimized--maybe directly and personally, like being the victim of an assault, rape, or lynching, or maybe in an indirect, impersonal way, like being in the path of a bombing.

Because of that very tight opposition from Venus and square from Pluto--and because your Venus and Pluto so tightly square each other--I expect you've got some running life theme of interpersonal conflicts, maybe a feeling of being repeatedly backstabbed. If I have to guess at who the backstabbers are, I would say most likely female (Venus) and probably your peers or friend group (Pluto square from the eleventh house). Or, maybe unrequited love is a running theme for you--another possibility with Venus opposite south node. Maybe financial insecurity is, or body image issues--that would reflect the oppositions being from the second house. Some people with tight Pluto/Venus aspects have repeated experiences of sexual violence, or significant power plays, or both.

Without knowing if any of this is true for you, I don't want to go further. If what I've suggested doesn't sound like your life, there's probably something else that matches these themes in some way.

CapAquaPis

My SN in 29' Aquarius conjunct sun in 26' and Moon in 20' in the 8th, these are indicators of difficult and tragic past lives. My MC is in Aries in 10th, another indicator of violence and hardship in a past life. And Venus conjunct MC is near opposite Pluto in the IC, I always believed to been killed in the fall of Saigon in April 1975 where I was a young 20-something (South) Vietnamese woman.

TheCrow

the north node is an axis of energy and either south or north node can relate to past lives. a square to the node can show that the affect of past lives is acting on you

the concept of achievement with the node is just astro babble. the nodal energy related your immediate actions as well as past life actions. the nodal energy is the entry that the soul uses to enter the astral planes.

transits to the node are more reliable than any other of the astrological symbols.

you have venus conjunct the north node and you have Lilith conjunct to Pluto and square to the nodal axis. so it is really looking as if your dreams are a connection to past lives . the lilth square shows a portal from the astral planes . this gives the possibility that these dreams are coming from disembodied entities, but it is also possible that you are receiving astral input from embodied entities. That is live people.

your pattern suggest that you have had premonitions of the deaths of others or that departed souls can communicate with you,in addition to the possibility that you are picking up living beings energies.

venus with the north node really amps up your intuitions and gives psychic sensitivity.

your mercury is square to Uranus and as mentioned already ,Uranus/mercury aspects give clearer indications that you have access to the astral plane/dream states.

so your life long history of nightmares is because you have an "open" portal of the planes of life and/or death.

I would suggest trying to find a competent psychic to help your unravel the forces you are sensitive to.

your Uranus is biquintile to the south node. this suggest that you have the potential to harness your astral awareness .your chiron is biquintile to the north node which also gives the potential to fully understand the nature of the connection of life and death. but you must work at these concepts consciously, as these forces can cause great mental instability if you are only subject to fear.

I think by just realizing there is a "higher" organized plane working through you that the chaos and fear of your nightmares will end.

rahu

Thank you so very much! That was really helpful and it does resonate because in these nightmares I'm often a bystander watching what is happening to others so it makes absolut sense that these aren't just my experiences but maybe from other departed souls as well. Again, thank you! I'm actually going to write this down so I won't forget it. :)

Last edited:

TheCrow

There's quite a lot going on with your nodes. I don't want to get too complex too fast, but just to throw out some key astrological phrases:

If I'm looking for a past life experience of violence in your node story, it's easy to find. South node in the eighth can indicate that. South node ruler in warrior Aries: those indicators together suggest an experience of war, or something similar--if not a literal war, then maybe living in a gang ridden neighborhood, or experiencing domestic violence, or something like that. The third house placement of the sun (SN ruler), plus its conjunction to Mercury, indicate a "must think on your feet" kind of situation.

And, your south node is tightly opposed by Venus and loosely by Mars. That could indicate who or what was an insurmountable obstacle to you, in a past life. Mars opposition suggests victim of violence, but this is a very wide orb opposition, so it doesn't look like it was as extreme as it might have been. But, you have a very tight Pluto square to the nodes, and that's an even stronger suggestion of having been victimized--maybe directly and personally, like being the victim of an assault, rape, or lynching, or maybe in an indirect, impersonal way, like being in the path of a bombing.

Because of that very tight opposition from Venus and square from Pluto--and because your Venus and Pluto so tightly square each other--I expect you've got some running life theme of interpersonal conflicts, maybe a feeling of being repeatedly backstabbed. If I have to guess at who the backstabbers are, I would say most likely female (Venus) and probably your peers or friend group (Pluto square from the eleventh house). Or, maybe unrequited love is a running theme for you--another possibility with Venus opposite south node. Maybe financial insecurity is, or body image issues--that would reflect the oppositions being from the second house. Some people with tight Pluto/Venus aspects have repeated experiences of sexual violence, or significant power plays, or both.

Without knowing if any of this is true for you, I don't want to go further. If what I've suggested doesn't sound like your life, there's probably something else that matches these themes in some way.

Thank you very much! Some of this actually resonates with me! :)

Osamenor

Staff member
How do you find out the south node aspects in a chart or synastry? It only gives north node from the sites I use.

South node is always exactly opposite the north node. That means anything in aspect to the north node also aspects the south node. A square to one is also a square to the other. A conjunction to one is an opposition to the other. A trine to one is a sextile to the other. And vice versa.

rahu

Banned
South node is always exactly opposite the north node. That means anything in aspect to the north node also aspects the south node. A square to one is also a square to the other. A conjunction to one is an opposition to the other. A trine to one is a sextile to the other. And vice versa.

technically this is not true. because the nodes are so close to the earth the true placement, as seen from anyplace on the surface the earth(globe), of the south node and north node are not opposites by degree.

if you use the true placement node then they are not opposed ,but for all intents and purpose and calculations the south and north are opposed by degree.
I experimented with true placement nodes many years ago but it is very hard to find an ephemeris or rather astrology site that gives this option.
rahu

Osamenor

Staff member
technically this is not true. because the nodes are so close to the earth the true placement, as seen from anyplace on the surface the earth(globe), of the south node and north node are not opposites by degree.

if you use the true placement node then they are not opposed ,but for all intents and purpose and calculations the south and north are opposed by degree.
I experimented with true placement nodes many years ago but it is very hard to find an ephemeris or rather astrology site that gives this option.
rahu

Interesting information. But, as you point out, for all intents and purposes, they are in opposition. For the purpose of determining aspects to the south node if only the north node is shown in a chart, which is the question I was addressing, it is the same.