What makes me so contentious?

Lykanized

I'm not purposely contentious, but it seems as if some way in which I express myself easily triggers people or starts controversy in some way. I would swear I'm chilling most of the time, and yet somehow **** just happens. People take my words and read into them or are affected by them in ways I didn't at all mean for them to be

Is there anything in my chart that might indicate this? And the thing is, I'm also a very sweet person and extremely agreeable other things, most of the time. Yet something about my very mode of expression when I'm expressing me and myself is just contentious and arguments often spark meanwhile I'm dumbfounded and even a little scared

Attachments

• astroChart.jpg
    astroChart.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 46

katydid

So many things in your chart that could indicate contention and conflict, even without wanting to create any tension. :innocent:

Moon conjunct Mars in the 1st. You instinctively put your emotions out front and on the line, and you actively stand behind those beliefs. :devil:

That Moon/Mars is squaring Venus in Gemini, so that kind of directness, might create some tension, even with loved ones. :sideways:

This can even be an internal kind of conflict. Venus in Gemini is very open minded and appreciates diversity, inclusion. But The Virgo Ascendant with the Moon/Mars conjunction can be very opinionated and critical. Even nit picky at times. It might be hard not to speak your mind, m when you see something that bothers your environment, or affects your personal space. :wink:

The Sun/Mercury in Cancer, with Mercury in a tight, applying opposition to Uranus/Neptune may also be the culprit here. Mercury opposed Uranus /Neptune has no filter. You might not always know exactly what you are going to say until you hear yourself saying it. :whistling:

Your are usually spot on with your words. But is it always really a necessary comment that needed to be made, at that time and place?

The Venus trine Jupiter can help smooth a lot of things over. You are not malicious and you do mean well, even if you open up Pandora’s box with your candid words.

The Pluto in the 3rd is a force here as well. Your communication techniques can be healing and transformative. Although painful at times. But your mission is to create change and to move things forward, and to kill stagnant situations and unearth truths.

You could be a good therapist for those who really want to hear the truth.

ElenaJ

Katydid says it all, and very well.
Might just add that ascendent ruler is mercury, the communication planet, opposing Neptune (confusion) and Uranus (brusque, erratic spurts), so you might present yourself to others in a way that is difficult for them to interpret the way you actually mean it.

david starling

I'm not purposely contentious, but it seems as if some way in which I express myself easily triggers people or starts controversy in some way. I would swear I'm chilling most of the time, and yet somehow **** just happens. People take my words and read into them or are affected by them in ways I didn't at all mean for them to be

Is there anything in my chart that might indicate this? And the thing is, I'm also a very sweet person and extremely agreeable other things, most of the time. Yet something about my very mode of expression when I'm expressing me and myself is just contentious and arguments often spark meanwhile I'm dumbfounded and even a little scared

Quickly, using 12/12:
•Loving Sense of Purpose (Venus in Gem)
•Asc in Virgo, well-meaning Facilitating ability
•Mars is a Benefactor in Virgo, but out of sync (Squared) with Venus
•H3, as House of Communication, is Domicle of secretive Pluto in Scorpio, which is Square to Saturn, causing unfortunate misunderstandings.

Last edited:

Lykanized

So many things in your chart that could indicate contention and conflict, even without wanting to create any tension. :innocent:

Moon conjunct Mars in the 1st. You instinctively put your emotions out front and on the line, and you actively stand behind those beliefs. :devil:

That Moon/Mars is squaring Venus in Gemini, so that kind of directness, might create some tension, even with loved ones. :sideways:

This can even be an internal kind of conflict. Venus in Gemini is very open minded and appreciates diversity, inclusion. But The Virgo Ascendant with the Moon/Mars conjunction can be very opinionated and critical. Even nit picky at times. It might be hard not to speak your mind, m when you see something that bothers your environment, or affects your personal space. :wink:

The Sun/Mercury in Cancer, with Mercury in a tight, applying opposition to Uranus/Neptune may also be the culprit here. Mercury opposed Uranus /Neptune has no filter. You might not always know exactly what you are going to say until you hear yourself saying it. :whistling:

Your are usually spot on with your words. But is it always really a necessary comment that needed to be made, at that time and place?

The Venus trine Jupiter can help smooth a lot of things over. You are not malicious and you do mean well, even if you open up Pandora’s box with your candid words.

The Pluto in the 3rd is a force here as well. Your communication techniques can be healing and transformative. Although painful at times. But your mission is to create change and to move things forward, and to kill stagnant situations and unearth truths.

You could be a good therapist for those who really want to hear the truth.
I love how swiftly this was answered and all the cheeky emojis lmao. I know this 'contentiousness' has certainly manifested on the forum

God, it seems to me my chart was almost consciously designed for this. I've also found that sometimes when I'm being genuine, I get misunderstood. I feel it's my fault, but it definitely makes communication more difficult. It's almost like the emotions used to express what I'm saying aren't the right ones lmao

I can feel the Uranus/Neptune opposition very harshly, very strongly. And I'll admit that in many ways, I enjoy feeling like I'm the one who isn't afraid to delve into the truth and speak it at the same time, I'm very very anti-censorship, and I have a strong rebellious side that disdains anything that feels like a hindrance to expression and exploration. So there's a part of me that's very consciously on the sidelines or separate in some way, but the other part of me yearns to be connected and it's so strange

I feel like I'm actually very unaware of what's appropriate and what's not. I'm very aware when it comes to emotions, thankfully, but not when it comes to information. Any kinda information. I find it hard to be aware of whether it's awkward or weird or isn't in tune with the energy of the moment...

What I find is there's also a disconnect between my brain and my mouth. This isn't so much of an issue online so it's not gonna express itself here, but it's like I think I know what I'm gonna say, but I open my mouth, and what I say is disjointed or not at all faithful to what I have in my mind to express. I feel like it has to do with the thoughts themselves not being coded strictly in formal language, but there is a definite impulsiveness both to thoughts themselves which feel like they're so fast I can hardly catch up with them, and to speaking. Speaking before the thoughts have caught up with themselves even

Does that lack of awareness of what's weird and not weird or what's appropriate make sense? There may be a rebelliousness, but I also feel like there's a genuine lack of awareness there and I'm not sure how to work with that

That Pluto 3rd house is weird because I feel like despite all of these issues, sometimes people listen to or read my words like an enchantment. I think it's because often I express myself with so much passion and energy that others can't help but be engaged and almost take it as fact when it's not fact, it's like a spell on them. That's very inadvertent and sometimes makes me feel wary

On the other hand, it can also get me in trouble. I think that's one of the main reasons I accidentally start arguments. People think that I think what I'm saying is straight up fact just because it's said with so much power and passion, so much vigour

That Venus trine Jupiter and the Venus being on my MC does help tho, I believe. It gives a softness and I think at the best, it's very obvious that I genuinely love people even if I have trouble expressing myself or if I get moody or something. It also brings a wittiness and a love of joking that can lighten the mood or make up for some awkwardness in theory lol

katydid

I love how swiftly this was answered and all the cheeky emojis lmao. I know this 'contentiousness' has certainly manifested on the forum

God, it seems to me my chart was almost consciously designed for this. I've also found that sometimes when I'm being genuine, I get misunderstood. I feel it's my fault, but it definitely makes communication more difficult. It's almost like the emotions used to express what I'm saying aren't the right ones lmao

"It's almost like the emotions [MOON] used to express[MARS] what I'm saying aren't the right ones[SQUARE to GEMINI]"

It's like your ' active self expression' , [ your Moon/Mars rising], which is impulsive and spontaneous,[1st House] is in conflict with [squaring] , your harmonious nature [Venus at the MC] to be genuine and kind and neighbourly.[Gemini]

I can feel the Uranus/Neptune opposition very harshly, very strongly. And I'll admit that in many ways, I enjoy feeling like I'm the one who isn't afraid to delve into the truth and speak it at the same time, I'm very very anti-censorship, and I have a strong rebellious side that disdains anything that feels like a hindrance to expression and exploration. So there's a part of me that's very consciously on the sidelines or separate in some way, but the other part of me yearns to be connected and it's so strange

The bolded portion above describes perfectly, the baffling riddle of the Uranus/Neptune conjunction in Cap generation. :ninja:/:bandit:

I feel like I'm actually very unaware of what's appropriate and what's not. I'm very aware when it comes to emotions, thankfully, but not when it comes to information. Any kinda information. I find it hard to be aware of whether it's awkward or weird or isn't in tune with the energy of the moment...

Collecting and Disseminating Information= Gemini/SAg
Data, mentally and emotionally processing data =Virgo/Pisces

"I find it hard to be aware of whether it's awkward or weird or isn't in tune with the energy of the moment"

I think the above, perfectly describes, Moon/Mars/Asc in Virgo, squaring Venus/South node in Gemini/Sag.

Venus conjunct So Node in Gemini blindly, voraciously pulls in data, research, information, like a massive black hole.

Virgo Triple conjunction wants to process and digest that information. That square inhibits and distorts that process?

katydid

What I find is there's also a disconnect between my brain and my mouth. This isn't so much of an issue online so it's not gonna express itself here, but it's like I think I know what I'm gonna say, but I open my mouth, and what I say is disjointed or not at all faithful to what I have in my mind to express. I feel like it has to do with the thoughts themselves not being coded strictly in formal language, but there is a definite impulsiveness both to thoughts themselves which feel like they're so fast I can hardly catch up with them, and to speaking. Speaking before the thoughts have caught up with themselves even

notes/thinking outloud:
the brain ruled by Mars/Aries/1st house
the mouth/voice ruled by Mercury
Some say mouth/voice, vocal chords=Taurus /Venus

Mercury:

Nervous system=Gemini/Virgo
Co-ruling Gemini and Virgo, Mercury, the planet of communication’s focus is on the mental and linguistic functions of the body.

Intuitive, emotional Cancers are susceptible to the Moon’s energy and can cycle quickly through rapid emotions.

Virgos are often inclined to “go with their gut” when it comes to making snap decisions.

So the 'disconnect' between the brain[Mars/1st] and the mouth [Venus/Gemini] might be that square between the 2?

The 1st house Moon/Mars impulsively, spontaneously speaks from the gut, and then the logical, rational Venus in Virgo in the 10th has to clean things up by explaining creatively and sincerely, for the future relationship of everyone.

Does that lack of awareness of what's weird and not weird or what's appropriate make sense? There may be a rebelliousness, but I also feel like there's a genuine lack of awareness there and I'm not sure how to work with that

I think that might be the Uranus/Neptune conjunction. Uranus is rebellious but also has flashes of genius and some brilliance to share. But Neptune can be a fogginess-a lack of awareness, that blankets the surrounding area, and the brilliance can come off as weird or inappropriate instead. :pouty:

That Pluto 3rd house is weird because I feel like despite all of these issues, sometimes people listen to or read my words like an enchantment. I think it's because often I express myself with so much passion and energy that others can't help but be engaged and almost take it as fact when it's not fact, it's like a spell on them. That's very inadvertent and sometimes makes me feel wary

Pluto in the 3rd can be sorcery. :ninja: It can be such profoundly magical energy that others are transfixed. But it is edgy and volatile energy. And your audience can be uncomfortable with the raw power they are seeing and feeling.

You tap into deep reserves---your own and theirs. :bandit: Uncharted territory---and it doesn't always end well. Things can go sideways.

It is like 'Performance Art' --It is not always scripted with a nice, happy final act.
And it has a life of its own.

On the other hand, it can also get me in trouble. I think that's one of the main reasons I accidentally start arguments. People think that I think what I'm saying is straight up fact just because it's said with so much power and passion, so much vigour

Pluto in the 3rd, square Saturn? :w00t:

That Venus trine Jupiter and the Venus being on my MC does help tho, I believe. It gives a softness and I think at the best, it's very obvious that I genuinely love people even if I have trouble expressing myself or if I get moody or something. It also brings a wittiness and a love of joking that can lighten the mood or make up for some awkwardness in theory lol

So TRUE^^^^....Your Venus at the highest point of your chart, as the most visible planet, trining Jupiter in Libra=Sincerity, goodness of the heart, compassion, working towards conciliation and equality, concerned for the underdog.

ElenaJ

"What I find is there's also a disconnect between my brain and my mouth. This isn't so much of an issue online so it's not gonna express itself here, but it's like I think I know what I'm gonna say, but I open my mouth, and what I say is disjointed or not at all faithful to what I have in my mind to express. I feel like it has to do with the thoughts themselves not being coded strictly in formal language, but there is a definite impulsiveness both to thoughts themselves which feel like they're so fast I can hardly catch up with them, and to speaking. Speaking before the thoughts have caught up with themselves even".

This is exactly the energy of mercury opposing Uranus, making your speech very quick and also spontaneous, with Neptune there that has you dreaming about one thing while thinking another. It's actually very good for writing.
Both the mercury and the Uranus/neptune are in easy aspect with the moon/mars on ascendent. I think you would be a very good writer and a very good speaker, not reading from notes on the podium, but dynamically speaking from recall, spontaneously.
Venus connects with them all, near the MH so you would be pleasant and actually harmonious in your presentation and not brusque or brutal.