Would I like bdsm?

Abby83

Is there any way of seeing in the chart if I'd like bdsm? Would I look to where mars is placed in the chart? Or the 5th ruler? I'm curious to try it but I'm scared and I fear danger. Little things like getting injured or not being able to breathe. My psychic thinks I'm too delicate for it.I'll post chart later.

Gemini888

Yeah, I think you should post your chart.

I think of BDSM as a way to compensate for something in the normal life. A dominant woman may want a sexual partner that can dominate her in bed. A soft-spoken man may want to be a master owning several "slaves".

But then there is also a desire to flirt with death. You know the excitement you feel when you go on a roller coaster? Some people are scared of the roller coaster, but others like it. It's fast, it's unpredictable, it's protentally dangerous, and people like to feel all of that. It's the same thing with BDSM, especially the more extreme version of it.

BDSM is a very Scorpio/8H matter. It isn't only about sex, but also about control issues, and maybe death ideation too. I would first look at Pluto and Mars and 8H to see what is going on with these things.

BlackLioness87

Hi, I would suggest also checking Persephone, Eros, bondage and sado asteroids in the natal chart as well in synastry and composite with your partner. In example, if your Persephone is retrograde you may feel attracted to dominant guys. If your Persephone forms an exact grand trine along with important planets and/or angles in your natal then submission could be a lifestyle. Also check natal chart of your prospective partners just to stay away from a potentially harmful situation.

Ukpoohbear

I understand your fear because there is much evil in this world, which could tip the balance of enjoying this into something much more sinister. But, when you see the innocence and genuine enjoyment coming from someone like Bettie Page, then it gives hope it can be used in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way.

Astrology-wise, I can’t add anything further than what’s been said already. But I think besides the 8th house stuff, there should also be a sexual confidence seen in the chart, as well as an open mind, like an Aquarius, Uranus influence and a strong Venus.

Last edited:

Abby83

Yeah, I think you should post your chart.

I think of BDSM as a way to compensate for something in the normal life. A dominant woman may want a sexual partner that can dominate her in bed. A soft-spoken man may want to be a master owning several "slaves".

But then there is also a desire to flirt with death. You know the excitement you feel when you go on a roller coaster? Some people are scared of the roller coaster, but others like it. It's fast, it's unpredictable, it's protentally dangerous, and people like to feel all of that. It's the same thing with BDSM, especially the more extreme version of it.

BDSM is a very Scorpio/8H matter. It isn't only about sex, but also about control issues, and maybe death ideation too. I would first look at Pluto and Mars and 8H to see what is going on with these things.

This is all very true. Thank you. What about mars and Pluto would u look for? Mars is in Virgo 11th. Pluto is in Libra 12th. 8th ruler is mercury in Libra 11th. I think I'm too rebellious for it. As in a rebel free spirit won't be tied down.

Abby83

Hi, I would suggest also checking Persephone, Eros, bondage and sado asteroids in the natal chart as well in synastry and composite with your partner. In example, if your Persephone is retrograde you may feel attracted to dominant guys. If your Persephone forms an exact grand trine along with important planets and/or angles in your natal then submission could be a lifestyle. Also check natal chart of your prospective partners just to stay away from a potentially harmful situation.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will look it up.

Abby83

I understand your fear because there is much evil in this world, which could tip the balance of enjoying this into something much more sinister. But, when you see the innocence and genuine enjoyment coming from someone like Bettie Page, then it gives hope it can be used in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way.

Astrology-wise, I can’t add anything further than what’s been said already. But I think besides the 8th house stuff, there should also be a sexual confidence seen in the chart, as well as an open mind, like an Aquarius, Uranus influence and a strong Venus.

Yes that's right, it takes a lot of guts to do it. You can't be traumatised from other experiences cos it requires trust.

Gemini888

This is all very true. Thank you. What about mars and Pluto would u look for? Mars is in Virgo 11th. Pluto is in Libra 12th. 8th ruler is mercury in Libra 11th. I think I'm too rebellious for it. As in a rebel free spirit won't be tied down.
This is too vague for a good interpretation. Yeah, it may be the need for rebel, but I would also look for hard aspects to Mars/Pluto and whether Mars is retrograde. It could be that Mars/Pluto are blocked from expressing themselves and they need to find an outlet. BDSM is something running in the dark, and passive Mars/Pluto can use some secretiveness.

Abby83

So in conclusion - I tried it.

I found that I realised I automatically controlled the situation. Amazing isn't it? Like he was the Dom, I was the sub. But naturally I started to take the lead more and more. It just happened that way. And being vulnerable feels good but I didn't like how it was so one sided energetically speaking. Like the guy dominating the whole time. There were times I just wanted to pounce and show my affection and take action instead of being passive, but that turns the Dom off. And I discovered I don't like anyone telling me what to do. My brain kept saying to itself 'i know when I want to do what to you, I don't need your directions, I'm not a baby, not an idiot.'Oh and another thing that turned me off was the Dom's ego (all the Dom's I've met so far). They're so proud of themselves when they can give so many wiomen loads of orgasms. One man who was trying to convince me to see him said he gave a girl 38 orgasms in 3 hours. But I'm not looking for that.

So from this I realised I need more fair equal give and take when it comes to sex. So I'm really happy for this experience cos it taught me a lot. This would be explained by 8th ruler in Libra.

Abby83

And astrologically speaking -

11th October 1983, Adelaide south Australia, 7:31am.

I look to mars in Virgo to explain my control of the sex. Pisces is submissive, Virgo is analytical, hard working, driven to serve, over thinking, trying to control the outcome by overanalyzing instead of going with the flow. Virgo is cautious, which the Dom doesn't like. And, Virgo is fussy.

Gemini888

So in conclusion - I tried it.

I found that I realised I automatically controlled the situation. Amazing isn't it? Like he was the Dom, I was the sub. But naturally I started to take the lead more and more. It just happened that way. And being vulnerable feels good but I didn't like how it was so one sided energetically speaking. Like the guy dominating the whole time. There were times I just wanted to pounce and show my affection and take action instead of being passive, but that turns the Dom off. And I discovered I don't like anyone telling me what to do. My brain kept saying to itself 'i know when I want to do what to you, I don't need your directions, I'm not a baby, not an idiot.'Oh and another thing that turned me off was the Dom's ego (all the Dom's I've met so far). They're so proud of themselves when they can give so many wiomen loads of orgasms. One man who was trying to convince me to see him said he gave a girl 38 orgasms in 3 hours. But I'm not looking for that.

So from this I realised I need more fair equal give and take when it comes to sex. So I'm really happy for this experience cos it taught me a lot. This would be explained by 8th ruler in Libra.
So, looks like what you are into isn't really BDSM, but a fair round of sex that makes everyone feel good. True BDSM fans go for it for the pain and the sense of control. I think you could do just as well with normal sex, as long as you are with a fair partner.

I'm going to sound lewd here, but in term of control, you don't really need BDSM for that. You can be the one to simulate your partner while he lies passively and enjoys the sensation. That's the closest you can get to being a dom.

Abby83

This is too vague for a good interpretation. Yeah, it may be the need for rebel, but I would also look for hard aspects to Mars/Pluto and whether Mars is retrograde. It could be that Mars/Pluto are blocked from expressing themselves and they need to find an outlet. BDSM is something running in the dark, and passive Mars/Pluto can use some secretiveness.

OK so Pluto is conjunct Saturn sextile Neptune and Venus and mars. Mars conjunct Venus sextiles Saturn and Pluto but squares Uranus Jupiter and moon in 1st.

Abby83

So, looks like what you are into isn't really BDSM, but a fair round of sex that makes everyone feel good. True BDSM fans go for it for the pain and the sense of control. I think you could do just as well with normal sex, as long as you are with a fair partner.

I'm going to sound lewd here, but in term of control, you don't really need BDSM for that. You can be the one to simulate your partner while he lies passively and enjoys the sensation. That's the closest you can get to being a dom.

Haha its so funny hearing u say that.

I mean I love a guy initiating and taking charge in a surprising way, but that's very different to a man making orders about what u have to do to please him.

Abby83

Gem - if my mars progressed into Libra, would that make me submissive. I mean how interesting that my mars is coming to the end of Virgo and will soon be in Libra.

Gemini888

I mean I love a guy initiating and taking charge in a surprising way, but that's very different to a man making orders about what u have to do to please him.
Unfortunately that's a part of BDSM. They call it the "master-slave" roleplay. The master has ultimate control on the slave and the slave doesn't question the master. That's the control part of BDSM. The master gets off by ordering and the slave gets off by being ordered. Unsurprisingly your Libra and 11H placements don't like that kind of stuff.

Gemini888

Gem - if my mars progressed into Libra, would that make me submissive. I mean how interesting that my mars is coming to the end of Virgo and will soon be in Libra.
No. On the contrary, I think you would gear more toward the equality of sex. Virgo is pretty submissive, being the servant of the zodiac. Libra is a soft-spoken sign, but it's also a Cardinal sign, and it goes out for what it wants. Your Mars is in Virgo and you are already objecting to being treated unfairly, imagine what happens when your Mars becomes Libra.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
The first "problem" here lol, and I don't know if you can count it as a problem, is her Sag stellium in the first. As much she's wild and extroverted, she's too rebellious and can't be told what to do. Can't be hemmed in that is. A good submissive likes being owned and controlled. On the other hand, Sag enjoy outdoor activity. Consider changing the venue for more excitement.

The second issue I see is the latent Scorpio. I remember Abby has Saturn in Scorpio, and Scorpio Ascendant. That ASC is ruled by Mars in Virgo, but the Saturn in Scorpio, although in the 12th, would still be a powerful, semi-conscious influence driving her unconscious needs. I don't recall what aspects it formed though. I don't see her being able to give up control.

Edit: Just saw the Stellium has Uranus in Sag in the first. Being hemmed in just ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Abby83

The first "problem" here lol, and I don't know if you can count it as a problem, is her Sag stellium in the first. As much she's wild and extroverted, she's too rebellious and can't be told what to do. Can't be hemmed in that is. A good submissive likes being owned and controlled. On the other hand, Sag enjoy outdoor activity. Consider changing the venue for more excitement.

The second issue I see is the latent Scorpio. I remember Abby has Saturn in Scorpio, and Scorpio Ascendant. That ASC is ruled by Mars in Virgo, but the Saturn in Scorpio, although in the 12th, would still be a powerful, semi-conscious influence driving her unconscious needs. I don't recall what aspects it formed though. I don't see her being able to give up control.

Edit: Just saw the Stellium has Uranus in Sag in the first. Being hemmed in just ain't gonna happen.

Ahaha omg u are so good. I'm so happy we are having this discussion.

U are so right on all levels. Yes, outdoor sex or travelling and sex is what I'm really into. The freedom of travelling arouses me. I guess my fantasies of bdsm must come from 5th cusp Pisces. Planets transiting that house always makes me cave in.

LeoSun85

And astrologically speaking -

11th October 1983, Adelaide south Australia, 7:31am.

I look to mars in Virgo to explain my control of the sex. Pisces is submissive, Virgo is analytical, hard working, driven to serve, over thinking, trying to control the outcome by overanalyzing instead of going with the flow. Virgo is cautious, which the Dom doesn't like. And, Virgo is fussy.
I have a my Venus DC going right through Adelaide. Strange I came across this post. Instagram>. Gary Salvano