What makes you vulnerable?

Zarathu

Account Closed
In real life, or in a chart?

In real life, Movies.

In a chart, lots and lots of things, unless you are talking about what rules the tear ducts and tears. They are ruled by the Moon.

Moog

Onions, knee to the nether regions, animated Japanese films about two kids trying to survive in the aftermath of the bombing of their town and the loss of their parents

Zarathu

Account Closed
I'm trying to understand what may turn a strong, grounded individual into a vulnerable, super sensitive person.... natally or transit wise.

One of the most significant things that can do this is the natural progression of your Sun out of the sign that it was in a birth and into a sign which is more sensitive. I was born with a Gemini Sun, Gemini ASC, and Gemini Mercury. I had no water, and little earth.

But about the time I finished graduate school in counseling psychology my Sun moved into Cancer as my ASC had done before that. While I didn't cry at movies and had little interest in dealing with feelings at birth, for thirty years while my Sun had progressed to Cancer, I worked with the feelings of little children up to the age of about 11.

Progressions of the Sun, ASC, and planets into new signs is the most significant mover of a change in one's attitudes toward people and the world. I still maintained my clearly mental approach, but I was suddenly able to "feel" and to use feelings. As a result, I sort of innately knew how to counsel children. My associates would say, "You never get anything out of her!", to which I would say, "Oh, yes, she'll tell me everything." And except for maybe 10 kids in 33 years of clinical practice, they always did. BTW, 97% of the children I saw were victims of PTSS. In trauma, you never address a person's feelings first or you will drive the feeling down deep into their psyche. You must go from the cortex first, and with my Gemini Air background, I innately knew this. So after addressing things cognitively, eventually we got into feelings.

So there you go. I'm sure there are other measures, but as far as I'm concerned, this is where, in the musical metaphor of Noel Tyl, the "Big Bell" changes come from.

Moog

If this don't get to ya, nothing will.

Thinking seriously about your question(s) though. It's very complicated, and I think breaking them down is the only way to approach it. I feel vulnerable to different things at different times. Sometimes I cry a lot. Like there was a time I just spent every day crying for weeks, wish I could recall exactly when that was, see where it was in my dasha timetable. It felt like I was purging a lifetime of stuff, really.

But I've not cried in years now. And generally I tend to not cry. I'm quite unemotional most of the time (both positively and negatively). I tend toward depression (low affect) and anxiety, but not crying. Crying would be of an order of 'high effect' I suppose. Generally, nothing really moves me enough.

I think there's some things you'd have to be somewhat abnormal not to cry at, like the death of a child or something.

ThisIsMe

Me, myself and I.

Hopeless romantic, pursuing girls i like.

Leo Venus, Square Scorpio pluto, Pluto in fifth, Venus in Second.

Moon in Eighth house, Aquarius

Mars in Fourth house Libra

Sun Virgo, In house 3

Mercury in house 3, Virgo

Ascendant Cancer

Health worries, make me scared.

my moon in eighth house is a strange position for emotions,sometimes they can't even be described. Add Aquarian energy into there, and it's a mix of eccentricities and pain, a joker with a underlying serious edge, a clown performing on stage but with a set of sad eyes because really, he's trying to hide from his emotions.

I have Pluto Squaring my Mars right now as well. It's an interesting time.

chris10

One of the most significant things that can do this is the natural progression of your Sun out of the sign that it was in a birth and into a sign which is more sensitive. I was born with a Gemini Sun, Gemini ASC, and Gemini Mercury. I had no water, and little earth.

But about the time I finished graduate school in counseling psychology my Sun moved into Cancer as my ASC had done before that. While I didn't cry at movies and had little interest in dealing with feelings at birth, for thirty years while my Sun had progressed to Cancer, I worked with the feelings of little children up to the age of about 11.

Progressions of the Sun, ASC, and planets into new signs is the most significant mover of a change in one's attitudes toward people and the world. I still maintained my clearly mental approach, but I was suddenly able to "feel" and to use feelings. As a result, I sort of innately knew how to counsel children. My associates would say, "You never get anything out of her!", to which I would say, "Oh, yes, she'll tell me everything." And except for maybe 10 kids in 33 years of clinical practice, they always did. BTW, 97% of the children I saw were victims of PTSS. In trauma, you never address a person's feelings first or you will drive the feeling down deep into their psyche. You must go from the cortex first, and with my Gemini Air background, I innately knew this. So after addressing things cognitively, eventually we got into feelings.

So there you go. I'm sure there are other measures, but as far as I'm concerned, this is where, in the musical metaphor of Noel Tyl, the "Big Bell" changes come from.
Thank you Zarathu.
Thank you for your insight. I would never had thought of progressions that way.
I have Cancer sun myself, combine that with a moon scorp and you get a ... bit of sensitivity. The problem is that with pluto/saturn on AC/MC I definitely mask sensitivity for so long I forget it's there ... and when it finally manages to reach the surface it frightens me like hell.
I currently don't have any progressions or transits depicting this.
I do have transiting neptune sesqui quadrate natal sun but I have read this aspect is of minor importance.
That's why I was wondering ...

chris10

If this don't get to ya, nothing will.

Thinking seriously about your question(s) though. It's very complicated, and I think breaking them down is the only way to approach it. I feel vulnerable to different things at different times. Sometimes I cry a lot. Like there was a time I just spent every day crying for weeks, wish I could recall exactly when that was, see where it was in my dasha timetable. It felt like I was purging a lifetime of stuff, really..
In my opinion, It's the ultimate sign of being human and humane.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Thank you Zarathu.
Thank you for your insight. I would never had thought of progressions that way.

See if you can pick up a copy of SECONDARY PROGRESSIONS: A Time To Remember by Nancy Hastings. Its long out of print and Hastings died too young in a car accident almost 30 years ago, but its worth every penny. You should be able to find it used on Amazon.

chris10

Me, myself and I.

Hopeless romantic, pursuing girls i like.

Leo Venus, Square Scorpio pluto, Pluto in fifth, Venus in Second.

Moon in Eighth house, Aquarius

Mars in Fourth house Libra

Sun Virgo, In house 3

Mercury in house 3, Virgo

Ascendant Cancer

Health worries, make me scared.

my moon in eighth house is a strange position for emotions,sometimes they can't even be described. Add Aquarian energy into there, and it's a mix of eccentricities and pain, a joker with a underlying serious edge, a clown performing on stage but with a set of sad eyes because really, he's trying to hide from his emotions.

I have Pluto Squaring my Mars right now as well. It's an interesting time.
ThisIsMe You have quite a lot going there. How about progressions and transits? Have you noticed these making you more vulnerable to your emotions?

princess valhalla

Seriously though, I am very sensitive. I cry during movies all the time. I can't stand animal cruelty, makes me cry. I hate those ASPCA commercials! All those big sad dog eyes. Other people sad and upset, makes me cry. It might be easier to say the things that don't make me cry!

Sometimes my husband hugs me, pats my back and says, "Oh my baby needed a good cry. It's ok." while half laughing and going "shhh. it's ok." Makes me want to knee him in his neither regions! ok not really. :tongue: Instead I laugh and cry at the same time. Then I stop crying. I secretly love it when he does that. lol

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

With no rudeness intended; such questions 'What makes you vulnerable, what makes you cry' - are VERY broad questions, so expect a 'broad' range of answers as well (astrological and astroillogical). :)

Is there even one human being that is not vulnerable in some area of and at some given circumstances in their life? Any one who has never cried, even if only secretively, no matter what they may assert?

The question posed later, thankfully, is a little more specifc: what may turn a strong, grounded individual into a vulnerable, super sensitive one; hints at the person turning into someone different due to certain experiences. You may want to look at transits to natal, and progressions as well. If the Moon or Asc has, for e.g., progressed into water signs of Cancer/Pisces, or the 12th house.. that should give some clues.

:)AQ7