Is Pluto Crossing Over IC Bad?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Totally depends on what natal configurations Pluto will then trigger. When Pluto went through my MC, I started my own business. When Saturn went through my MC, I took a lower level position in pay and status for longer-range, Saturnine reasons. When Pluto aspected the weakest point in my natal via a T-square, it was not in any AC, DC, IC, or ASC angle, my life was literally destroyed and I had to rebuild it. For me, everything else to the angles so far has been positive.

Look at aspect patterns of the IC and what will Pluto trigger. Don't let all the gloom and doom from online articles and paranoia scare you. My Pluto experience have been positive, and negative, solely depending on the particular sensitive point it was at. And even the negative in retrospect, were lessons and a breakdown I needed.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Is Pluto Crossing over your IC most likely a traumatizing event? Mine will be conjunct in a year or so and I'm wondering if that could mean something bad.

I guess it depends upon what you mean by 'traumatising'. This would assume that (you experience) others are in control of what happens to you. Pluto can also bring about a 'transformative' event in that you take (back) control within yourself, that can entirely change your previous outlook regarding the inner and outer 'home'. You might feel 'to recall' previous experiences of which you were not consciously aware that have an effect upon how the future evolves. The 'outer' experience can be a reflection of what's going on inside you.

Pluto through Capricorn is destroying all those situations (and control
tyrants!) that are no longer of necessity. Although the new situation is as yet,untried, it's the path to follow. :smile:

watcherofthesouth

GemwDepth, my apologies for not responding, I must have missed your post - thanks for your input; it makes me feel better! Frisiangal, thank you as well - freeing myself of controlling tyrants is always on top of my list! :)

Now I am intrigued about all the possibilities of the IC, when a major planet crosses it.

IleneK

Premium Member
It almost certainly will be highly transformative if you see Pluto as defined by modern astrology. The IC is a powerful angle, thought by some moderns to be our most private place, our deepest roots and identity.
Whether it is traumatic for you depends upon your makeup, how you respond to the transformation. So it depends upon the rest of your chart, your strength, your flexibility and adaptivity.

Lottowinner3883

Not for me. I received an unexpected temp to perm accounting position in 2007 - one month after pluto crossed my IC. This was my first full time job. I was with the company nearly 9 years - pluto tends to be long term.