What sort of career will make me happy?

LuxLilitu

Hello all,
I am trying to learn horary and this is a question of major importance for me at the time being.
If anyone feels like giving any insights, I would be very grateful.
Thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• What_sort_of_career_will_make_me_happy.74569.2251.jpg
    What_sort_of_career_will_make_me_happy.74569.2251.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 43

waybread

I think Venus has a lot to say about your career, so think about some Venusian choices.

You're Jupiter, your career is ruled by Mercury. Both these planets plus your moon are in signs ruled by Venus. Venus is exalted in Pisces and shares reception with Jupiter in Venus-ruled Libra.

The 4th house suggests careers having to do with the home, such as interior design, or real estate. Venus suggests something like home decorating and furnishings.

I'm not sure you can look to complete happiness in your career. Few people do, anyway, and Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus are retrograde, suggesting you are likely to have second thoughts about your choices.

What does your natal chart say? On career matters, I think it would be a better indicator than a horary question, and it would be interesting to see if it tells a different story.

LuxLilitu

I think Venus has a lot to say about your career, so think about some Venusian choices.

You're Jupiter, your career is ruled by Mercury. Both these planets plus your moon are in signs ruled by Venus. Venus is exalted in Pisces and shares reception with Jupiter in Venus-ruled Libra.

The 4th house suggests careers having to do with the home, such as interior design, or real estate. Venus suggests something like home decorating and furnishings.

That is a very on point interpretation. Interior design is one of the fields I studied.
I'm not sure you can look to complete happiness in your career. Few people do, anyway, and Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus are retrograde, suggesting you are likely to have second thoughts about your choices.
Very true also, Mercury, Jupiter, & Venus retrograde are expressed even worse than second thoughts, there is total confusion and serious external blockages.
What does your natal chart say? On career matters, I think it would be a better indicator than a horary question, and it would be interesting to see if it tells a different story.
One of the stories my natal chart says is in sync with your interpretation :)
I guess that the analogy of the three aforementioned retrograde planets in the horary chart, is the SN in my natal, conjunct the MC. Another thing might be asteroid Dejanira conjunct my MC at 0 degrees.(I use some asteroids and Dejanira is one of my standards).
Another interesting thing is that Mars both in my natal & horary is positioned in the same house- the 6th, which emphasizes the battleground I either endure or create in my working environment.
I guess I have to look for happiness in other places.

Attachments

• Natal.jpg
    Natal.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

waybread

In modern astrology the 6th house includes (among other things) people who work for you in a service capacity, or the work that you do that feels like "just a job." The 10th house is about your career in the sense of your vocation or calling in life. So it's important not to confuse the two.

The 6th house also rules your illnesses and health, as well as small animals. So it isn't entirely about the work that you do. However, with Mars squaring your sun and Mercury, you may always feel restless and ambitious about your career.

I use asteroids on occasion, but my feeling is that it's best to understand the majors before moving onto the minors.

Note that transiting Pluto is currently sitting on your MC and squaring Saturn. This is a difficult transit that is asking you to totally rethink how you conceptualize your vocation in life, as well as the things that hold you back from achieving your vocation.

With Capricorn on your MC, your 10th house is ruled by Saturn, and here we also see Venus and the south node.

It's interesting that your natal Saturn is in Libra, ruled by Venus. So you've got a strong Venus signature in your natal chart, as well.

I think that the people who discover their vocation in life as children or young adults are the lucky ones. Most of us find the "good enough" career and the "OK" life.

Ruben

Venus is so loud in this horary. My guess is that the ideal mixture for you is profit from one of your venusian hobbies, creations or passions because the ruler of 10th is located in the 5th ( free time, joy, creations )

ammyflynn

In modern astrology the 6th house includes (among other things) people who work for you in a service capacity, or the work that you do that feels like "just a job." The 10th house is about your career in the sense of your vocation or calling in life. So it's important not to confuse the two.

The 6th house also rules your illnesses and health, as well as small animals. So it isn't entirely about the work that you do. However, with Mars squaring your sun and Mercury, you may always feel restless and ambitious about your career.

I use asteroids on occasion, but my feeling is that it's best to understand the majors before moving onto the minors.

Note that transiting Pluto is currently sitting on your MC and squaring Saturn. This is a difficult transit that is asking you to totally rethink how you conceptualize your vocation in life, as well as the things that hold you back from achieving your vocation.

With Capricorn on your MC, your 10th house is ruled by Saturn, and here we also see Venus and the south node.

It's interesting that your natal Saturn is in Libra, ruled by Venus. So you've got a strong Venus signature in your natal chart, as well.

I think that the people who discover their vocation in life as children or young adults are the lucky ones. Most of us find the "good enough" career and the "OK" life.

I think you should listen to your heart first, do what makes you happy

besitos

yeah its a natal chart question - i think if you have specific paths in mind right now you could perhaps ask an horary that can be interpreted with an answer as to which of the two would be successful and which you would like.