Arabic Parts & Fixed Stars - Influence in Progressions?

Tanya00

Hi there :)
I was looking at my progressed chart and noticed:

-Progressed Part of Fortune conjunct natal ASC
-Progressed Vertex and Venus conjunct Spica
-Progressed Uranus and Sun conjunct Antares

Notable mention:
-Progressed Mars conjunct natal Vertex

I know the "use"/influence of arabic parts and fixed stars (and the vertex) may vary from astrologer to astrologer. But any insights/opinions any one may have as to it's influences (if any) in a progressed chart would be greatly appreciated :)

Doing some research, I gather that there are going to be some changes in the coming years... from what see it will mostly have to do with relationships, or the way I see/deal with them...(7th house is a bit crowded :andy: )
And if Vertex is considered an influence in a progressed chart, there could be quite the "fateful encounter" coming my way....

But anyway, I'm wondering if the aspects mentioned above would have any effect on the chart :)

Attachments

• astro_25gw_04_tanya_201248.7123.51376.jpg
    astro_25gw_04_tanya_201248.7123.51376.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 33

JUPITERASC

Hi there :) I was looking at my progressed chart and noticed:

Notable mention:

I know the "use"/influence of arabic parts and fixed stars (and the vertex) may vary from astrologer to astrologer. But any insights/opinions any one may have as to it's influences (if any) in a progressed chart would be greatly appreciated :) Doing some research, I gather that there are going to be some changes in the coming years... from what see it will mostly have to do with relationships, or the way I see/deal with them...(7th house is a bit crowded :andy: )
And if Vertex is considered an influence in a progressed chart, there could be quite the "fateful encounter" coming my way....

But anyway, I'm wondering if the aspects mentioned above would have any effect on the chart
:)
Effects of the fixed stars:

There is a permanent blending of the influences of stars that are conjunct one's natal planets. When a transit, arc, or progression, conjuncts a natal planet, it will express the nature of the fixed star aligned with that natal planet.

Here is a link to the source of that information which is a webpage entitled “A few suggestions on using the fixed stars” at http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm:smile:

Claire19

Notable mention:

I know the "use"/influence of arabic parts and fixed stars (and the vertex) may vary from astrologer to astrologer. But any insights/opinions any one may have as to it's influences (if any) in a progressed chart would be greatly appreciated :)

Doing some research, I gather that there are going to be some changes in the coming years... from what see it will mostly have to do with relationships, or the way I see/deal with them...(7th house is a bit crowded :andy: )

But anyway, I'm wondering if the aspects mentioned above would have any effect on the chart :)
I dont use fixed stars at all and especially in the transits. transitting vertex and POF not valid either. These placements belong only to the person that is born with them. So I would ignore all that you have stated above. Life changing events have to have a natal echo as well as transitting planets hitting them in the natal chart. Progressed Mars to the Vertex only if Mars is conjunct Vertex within 2 degrees natally and I am not sure about that really. But it would be interesting to hear your feedback on that one.

Remember your progressions need to be seen on the natal chart and not separated out. Same with transits. They need to be on the outside wheel of your natal chart and read that way.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Notable mention:

Tanya00 astrologers have different opinions regarding the fixed stars and you may find this comment made by dr. farr on a similar thread entitled "Spica in Houses" useful http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=214736#post214736:smile:
For a star to influence (according to most historical authorities) it must either conjunct or parallel a planet (or Part) or it must be in longitude or parallel with the cusp (or sensitive degree) of a house.

In your specific question, if Spica is conjunct the cusp (sensitive degree) of your 5th house (within about 2 degrees of orb), it means quite strong benefic influences regarding all 5th house matters in your life.
These positive Spica influences, however, would be modified by:
-the sign of the 5th house
-planets in that sign in the 5th house
-any aspects to any planets in the 5th house
These additional influences would have to be blended with the positive Spica influences, in coming to a "net evaluation" of the areas of life affinitive to the natal 5th house.

Tanya00

Remember your progressions need to be seen on the natal chart and not separated out. Same with transits. They need to be on the outside wheel of your natal chart and read that way.

I thought I posted the correct chart..... no? :pinched:
Natal and progressions (outside) to illustrate aspects and questions in my original post.

Now I'm a little confused as to what chart should be used when trying to figure out progressions

Arena

Tanya, I know this is an old thread. But I thought I'd mention it anyway. Try to explore your solar arc movements rather than progressions... solar arcs seem to be much more potent/descriptive.

With solar arcs you direct the angles and planets ca 1 degree per year of life.

Your natal Mars only aspect is to Venus...so when the Venus-Mars conjunction came to n. Vx and DSC you probably had a very loving, passionate and sexual relationship given that other transits agreed with that. That would have been when you were somewhere between 18-25. At least it started out as loving and passionate ... but maybe it moved to aggression and sorrow since I see your d. Moon would have hit n. Saturn around the age of 22 when you most likely parted with someone you really loved and were sad for a while. Then by the age of 25 you probably met someone new or tied the knot as your d. Moon moves on to your n. Sun...but then went through some turbulent exciting (Sun-Ur and Sun-Jup) but challenging (Sat-Ur) times as the d. Sun followed by d. Saturn moved past n. Uranus and Jupiter. When your d. Saturn moved on to n. Jupiter around age 35 you may have bought a home or felt very settled somehow, perhaps also finished some studies that may have started around the age of 28-30.

When d. Saturn will move past your n. Snode (38-40) I suspect you will experience a loss or part with someone you love. You most likely also lost a loved one at the age period between 14-17 when your d. Moon and d. DSC moved past n. Pluto in solar arcs.

Check out your solar arc movements.