Scorpios: terrifying, and yet so juicy

adrianastrologer

I want to talk about Scorpios. When I meet a Scorpio man (as a Taurus) I can almost feel the heat coming off him. I want to engage, but I can't help but think: danger ahead. Is that really fair? (I think it's okay to say this - I have Moon in Scorpio.) Does anyone know any really exalted (Phoenix - like) Scorpios?

I know this must have been a topic before, I have to ask: but have Scorpios earned their reputation, or is it time to rethink the prejudice against this sign?

Last edited:

bittermoon

Anything you've ever heard about them is true :ninja:

p.s. I'm laughing about 'terrifying, yet so juicy'. I agree!

Last edited:

ridethewave

Hmmm should you get involved? There are some lovely scorpios out there but don't make the mistake of being casual. These are complex people. A friend of mine is a scoprio and she said to me that she only wanted a simple (straightforward) man. I laughed at her. She would have been bored in 5 minutes.

Scoprios have so many layers and there so many interesting things to explore about them - if you don't think you can handle intensity back off - otherwise proceed to juicyness. Grrr

Lion o ness

Hmmm should you get involved? There are some lovely scorpios out there but don't make the mistake of being casual. These are complex people. A friend of mine is a scoprio and she said to me that she only wanted a simple (straightforward) man. I laughed at her. She would have been bored in 5 minutes.

Scoprios have so many layers and there so many interesting things to explore about them - if you don't think you can handle intensity back off - otherwise proceed to juicyness. Grrr

I dated one Scorpio... Its was nice... I didnt have any crazy issue's...

I also have a really good male Scorpio friend. IDK I dont see him as intense or anything like that... But hey Im not dating him either... lol

adrianastrologer

Ride,

Love it. Proceed to juiciness. I don't mind dipping my toe in the deep end once-in-a-while, but I think I'm staying in the shallow end right now. The last Scorpio I met almost destroyed me.

adrianastrologer

Lion o ness,

I think the key is you have to be dating them, or there has to be sexual attraction, then it's a whole different experience. You might be fine, whatever happens though. With that Pisces transcendence and all that Leo, you could be hit by truck and probably still be standing.

queenfluff

Haha. You know they say that the Rising sign and Moon in Scorpio can be more powerful than just a Sun sign Scorpio when it comes to love life/attraction because you will see emotions (moon) and Ascendant characteristics (house 1 - house of self) first before you see Sun Sign characteristics. The sun sign characterstics will come through when you get to know the person alot better that said. Either way: rising, moon or sun - the Scorpio has a lot of heat.

I have a Scorpio Rising and I was thinking about this today after reading an astro email I get get from a professional astrologer about Scorpio:

"
Being a WATER sign - they can be enormously
sensitive and moody.
But being ruled by MARS - they can be
impatient and harsh.
But being FEMININE, they can be emotional
mush-balls.
And being FIXED, they can be incredibly
STUBBORN and DOMINANT.

Scorpio has three animal symbols:
The SCORPION, the SNAKE, and the PHOENIX.

The Phoenix is symbolic of spiritual rebirth and transformation,
so is a symbol of spiritual power.

The more immature,"afflicted" Scorpios are slithering on the ground,
likely to sting you or STRIKE you at any moment,
causing great pain (scorpion or snake)...While the more healthy, mature ones display incredible healing abilities, empathy, magical
powers, and live to spiritually uplift others. (phoenix).

If you are a argumentative Scorpio female, there is bad news....Men will be drawn to your sensuality, your depth, your generosity, and emotional wisdom, but they'll be TERRIFIED of the intensity of your
feelings...
"

Bad news for me with that last paragraph but it was an "aha!" moment!

As a Scorpio Rising, who often has trouble making friends and wondering why some people seem to avoid me (sometimes potential SO have told me they were afraid to approach me), YES ...this answered a great deal for me. Still frustrating but good reminders that it isn't really my fault --- it is theirs for not being able to handle the intensity of the Scorpio. Funny thing it is, getting past this, I am the model person of a good friend/partner but often people are scared to see past the intensity of that Scorpio that can scare them away.

So, if you can get past that Scorpio intensity, you will be rewarded. I tend to attract alot of other Scorpio friends and their intensity (at whatever level it might be) doesn't bother me at all - probably because we understand it in each other. I actually prefer it. People who have no strength or passion tend to bore me.

You will have a very loyal friend/lover in a Scorpio. Life will NEVER be dull because they are ambitious, determined and love interesting conversations that are never shallow. They will make you the center of their universe and they will always remain a mystery.

I am one of those Phoenix Scorpios. Although I didn't even know the Phoenix was considered a Scorpio symbol until today and I have been wearing a small Phoenix ring that I picked out myself for years. So, perhaps I subconsciously knew that I was "transformed" Scorpio - or maybe that is just what a 'transformed' Scorpio does when they "transform". :)

Even though my Scorpioness often causes me problems with others, I still think it is great to be one of the most interesting powerful signs in the Zodiac that people can't help but be curious about. :devil:

Lion o ness

Lion o ness,

I think the key is you have to be dating them, or there has to be sexual attraction, then it's a whole different experience. You might be fine, whatever happens though. With that Pisces transcendence and all that Leo, you could be hit by truck and probably still be standing.

OMG...lol..... I loved that.... YOUR SOOOO CORRECT! Its very had to phase me.. Nothing can knock me down:w00t:

I did date one Scorpio for like 2 months, he was cool, we didnt have any problems.. I didnt see the Scorpio intensity that everyone talks about.. He has FREAKING a Scoprio Stellium ... We talked really well with each other, very open and honestly... We ended it mutually with no hard feelings..

I did get a taste of the Scorpio stare... especially during intimacy.. IT kinda liked it, but I kinda felt like WHAT??? at the same time... lol...
His 8th is Leo and my 8th is Scoprio.. :cool:

I still run into him from time to time, and he still stares at me.. Only Im a Pisces/Leo so I act aloof and as if he doesnt even exsist.. He will ask me how are you.. I say fine and walk away... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Sorry but dont mean to sound cold, but it is, what it is.. I have no reason to sit there and have a conversation with him... When its over, its over... Thats it....

He is the only Scorpio I ever dated. For some strange reason Me and Scorpio's connect really well, but in a friendship way.... IDK....

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Lion o ness,

OMG...lol..... I loved that.... YOUR SOOOO CORRECT! Its very had to phase me.. Nothing can knock me down:w00t:

I did date one Scorpio for like 2 months, he was cool, we didnt have any problems.. I didnt see the Scorpio intensity that everyone talks about.. We talked really well with each other, very open and honestly... We ended it mutually with no hard feelings..

I did get a taste of the Scorpio stare... especially during intimacy.. I kinda liked it, but I kinda felt like WHAT??? at the same time... lol...
His 8th is Leo and my 8th is Scoprio.. :cool:

I still run into him from time to time, and he still stares at me.. Only Im a Pisces/Leo so I act aloof and as if he doesnt even exsist.. He will ask me how are you.. I say fine and walk away... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Sorry but dont mean to sound cold, but it is, what it is.. I have no reason to sit there and have a conversation with him... When its over, its over... Thats it....

Yeah since Im pretty fixed, no way Im changing my mind....

Oren

Haha. You know they say that the Rising sign and Moon in Scorpio can be more powerful than just a Sun sign Scorpio when it comes to love life/attraction because you will see emotions (moon) and Ascendant characteristics (house 1 - house of self) first before you see Sun Sign characteristics. The sun sign characterstics will come through when you get to know the person alot better that said. Either way: rising, moon or sun - the Scorpio has a lot of heat.

I have a Scorpio Rising and I was thinking about this today after reading an astro email I get get from a professional astrologer about Scorpio:

"
Being a WATER sign - they can be enormously
sensitive and moody.
But being ruled by MARS - they can be
impatient and harsh.
But being FEMININE, they can be emotional
mush-balls.
And being FIXED, they can be incredibly
STUBBORN and DOMINANT.

Scorpio has three animal symbols:
The SCORPION, the SNAKE, and the PHOENIX.

The Phoenix is symbolic of spiritual rebirth and transformation,
so is a symbol of spiritual power.

The more immature,"afflicted" Scorpios are slithering on the ground,
likely to sting you or STRIKE you at any moment,
causing great pain (scorpion or snake)...While the more healthy, mature ones display incredible healing abilities, empathy, magical
powers, and live to spiritually uplift others. (phoenix).

If you are a argumentative Scorpio female, there is bad news....Men will be drawn to your sensuality, your depth, your generosity, and emotional wisdom, but they'll be TERRIFIED of the intensity of your
feelings..."

Bad news for me with that last paragraph but it was an "aha!" moment!

As a Scorpio Rising, who often has trouble making friends and wondering why some people seem to avoid me (sometimes potential SO have told me they were afraid to approach me), YES ...this answered a great deal for me. Still frustrating but good reminders that it isn't really my fault --- it is theirs for not being able to handle the intensity of the Scorpio. Funny thing it is, getting past this, I am the model person of a good friend/partner but often people are scared to see past the intensity of that Scorpio that can scare them away.

So, if you can get past that Scorpio intensity, you will be rewarded. I tend to attract alot of other Scorpio friends and their intensity (at whatever level it might be) doesn't bother me at all - probably because we understand it in each other. I actually prefer it. People who have no strength or passion tend to bore me.

You will have a very loyal friend/lover in a Scorpio. Life will NEVER be dull because they are ambitious, determined and love interesting conversations that are never shallow. They will make you the center of their universe and they will always remain a mystery.

I am one of those Phoenix Scorpios. Although I didn't even know the Phoenix was considered a Scorpio symbol until today and I have been wearing a small Phoenix ring that I picked out myself for years. So, perhaps I subconsciously knew that I was "transformed" Scorpio - or maybe that is just what a 'transformed' Scorpio does when they "transform". :)

Even though my Scorpioness often causes me problems with others, I still think it is great to be one of the most interesting powerful signs in the Zodiac that people can't help but be curious about. :devil:

Queen! I missed ya! :biggrin:
Aren't Taurus's and Scorpios traditionally incompatible? or are there ways around that? I tend to jump ship whenever I find out someone I'm talking to romantically is a scorpio, maybe a bit unfairly, but I do love them as friends...very very hot friends, lol. But now I'm wondering if I'm cheating myself out of some potentially meaningful relationships if the taurus-scorpio incompatibility isn't all together true. thoughts?

Attachments

• astro-my chart.gif
    astro-my chart.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 40

queenfluff

Queen! I missed ya! :biggrin:
Aren't Taurus's and Scorpios traditionally incompatible? or are there ways around that? I tend to jump ship whenever I find out someone I'm talking to romantically is a scorpio, maybe a bit unfairly, but I do love them as friends...very very hot friends, lol. But now I'm wondering if I'm cheating myself out of some potentially meaningful relationships if the taurus-scorpio incompatibility isn't all together true. thoughts?

Hi Oren! I have been around ...just not posting really. :)

I guess if you go by regular sun sign astrology than yes, the basic rules are that water and earth signs are most compatiable and air and fire and most compatiable. Of course, you really need to take into account the whole chart.

It can be different depending on where you get your sun sign compatiablity results from but if you go by that Taurus and Scorpio can be compatiable, than yes, based on 'basic sun sign characteristics', they supposed to be compatiable.

That said, depending on who you talk too, the Venus is what really tells you who will be compatiable with. My Venus in in a Fire sign Leo so I should look for a another Venus in a Fire sign.

Friendship wise - I have noticed, for myself, that I tend to get along better with water and earth sign more than fire and air. Esp. air. I normally just argue and fight with them. Most of my close friends are water and earth signs and always have been - I don't seek them out, it just ends up that way. To be very general about, I guess it makes sense. :)

Lion o ness

I get along better with Water and Air.... Fire and Earth... I just cant connect with... I have to much fire, any more fire just adds fuel... lol......

adrianastrologer

Lion o ness,

I love your description of dating that man. My theory is that with your Pisces Asc and Venus in Cancer, you can absorb the Scorpio intensity, in ways that others might not, and when all else fails, you have the Leo confidence. Of course, Scorpio being fixed, you have all that fixed energy with the Leo, so it's possible that a Scorpio has sort of met his match.

A Scorpio stellium. ****...that sounds hot, but, I know I'd get burned....

adrianastrologer

Queenfluff,

Thanks for reminding me actually that Moon in Scorpio (which I have) and Ascendant may be stronger than the Sun sign. Here I am trying to demonize Scorpios, and you reminded me that I'm really talking about myself. Good point.

adrianastrologer

Oren,

You're speaking my language. From what I have learned so far, Taurus and Scorpio form a polarity and are opposite one another, so they are opposites in the sense that Taurus wants to build and Scorpio wants to destroy, or rather break down to rebuild, to regenerate. Some people believe that whatever sign you have on the Ascendant, the sign in the descendant is the sign of the person who you would look for in a mate. (You are Sagittarius, so your opposite in polarity would be Gemini.)

Taurus and Scorpio definitely have an intense push/pull. My experience is the sex is completely off the chain (woah, baby, hot ****!) but if you get into a fight, it can be disasterous and really awful -get the hell out of there, doors slamming, plates flying. Everything is more intense. I tend to do the same thing you do - I will be very careful or walk away from Scorpio, but at the same time, I think Taurus craves the Scorpio depth. As we are both fixed signs, Scorpio can check us - we are both dealing with power, and sometimes it takes a Scorpio to sting a Taurus and make him sit his *** down. At the same time, Scorpios can go crazy with power, and it takes a bull to overpower him and stomp him back into rightsizeness. (I used two hims because I'm gay.) I think it's this power struggle that makes the relationship so intense and dynamic, but if you are dealing with a Scorpio who isn't a phoenix or eagle, but a snake, then you may be in trouble.

The last one I met, that I had a brief fling with, we were at a spiritual retreat in the woods and we went for a walk together. A snake came from behind a bush and raised itself up in front of us. We ran and laughed, but looking back, I should have seen the warning.

One last thing about the descendant stuff - I read a cool book where the author basically showed how the sign on the descendant is the stuff we project onto the other that we don't accept, or repress about ourselves. So, for example, Taurus needs Scorpio to be the "big, bad, monster" because it sees itself as so placid, and calm, and relaxed, but there are lots of monstrous Tauruses too. Scorpio needs Taurus to be the "lazy bum", because it doesn't want to face the fact that there are Scorpios who don't always want to be intense all the time, and that have a relaxed side that just wants to enjoy life and be taken care of.

I've said a lot and I don't know if any of it made any sense, but I'm throwing it into the void!

Max

Lion o ness

Lion o ness,

I love your description of dating that man. My theory is that with your Pisces Asc and Venus in Cancer, you can absorb the Scorpio intensity, in ways that others might not, and when all else fails, you have the Leo confidence. Of course, Scorpio being fixed, you have all that fixed energy with the Leo, so it's possible that a Scorpio has sort of met his match.

A Scorpio stellium. ****...that sounds hot, but, I know I'd get burned....

Yeah I just went back and pulled up his chart LOL... yeah I just didnt get to into him....

His Sun,Mercury and Venus in Scorpio. (all in my 8th)
Moon in Aries he completed my Tsquare
Mars in Aqua... opps my Mars

I really like talking to him, we had really nice conversations.. We were pretty open, and straight out with each other... I really liked that.. But there was just "something" about him I couldnt get into... and oo the paranoid thing bothered me... Geezzzz get over it already... lol

O and the other think I really liked was his CHEST!!! OMG.........just awesome..... but thats my venus talking.... lol

ThisIsMe

myself i can't handle Scorpios i find the risks to outweigh the benefits but hey, whatever tickles your fancy :)
EDIT: (not really lmao) but, The Scorpio needs to have at least one thing that can 'cool' them down. Some kind of aspect like that. Like i said my girlfriend has a Capricorn moon, it makes her more flexible or dare i say 'easy going' but NOT towards other people/strangers in fact she doesn't like meeting new people and is really rude to most people. This girl has SEVERAL rumors going around about her (i guess they are false?) she still goes about like nothing matters and she's very very possessive towards me. Which makes me feel loved. She also has Venus in Scorpio and my Venus is in Leo. (here i am talking her up..just like a real Leo Venus xD) Anyways, what i'm saying is it's definitely fun for a while but i hate to say it.... Most Scorpios either love you or hate you. And once you do one thing even if it's small its over most times. They are fascinating creatures :0 I'm certainly able to get along with some but like i said, i don't know what it is
but i just tend to avoid them. Some of the ones like u said that are argumentative are awful and rude. but then again that's because my Moon in Aqua demands to be free. So i really make her mad xD

Last edited:

queenfluff

He has FREAKING a Scoprio Stellium

I just met someone online with a Scorpio Stellium (4 Scorpios in house 4! Moon, Sun, Neptune and Venus). I am wondering if this person is kind of withdrawn - I have a feeling they are but wont know really. (at least the rising sign isnt Scorpio like me - its Leo) Of course, my Scorpio Rising and Virgo Sun is always intrigued by Scorpio so I am curious about how someone with a Scorpio Stellium would be. But I don't know...too much Scorpio might not be good. I have a good amount of air and fire in my chart so a person who is too withdrawn within themselves I would get frustrated with. I need somone who talks and can be a bit goofy once a while. Maybe because I have a Libra Stellium (3 Libras but not all in the same house)

But this person also has a Virgo Stellium in House 2 :) (Mars Pluto and Uranus). At that means, they don't throw their money away maybe (haha! opposite of me!)

Lion o ness

Well I think with a Leo Asc, he will act very Leo. Especially out in public or out on the town...MyTaurus son has a Leo Asc he acts more Leo than me..

I have a Pisces rising (with a bunch of Leo) I withdraw alot from people, and I dont necessarily want to be the center of stage in large groups or with people I dont know well... Im much more Leo one on one or in small groups..

So just because some one has a Stellium in a ceratin sign doesnt necessarily mean they will act that way... Other chart factors need to be taken in to account...

Also I try not to use Astrology to determine if I want to go out with some one or not... If you like him, and you get along, Do it! Dont waste timing worring about what may happen, if you do you miss out of life, and sometimes lessons we need to advance us into our higher self..

queenfluff

Well I think with a Leo Asc, he will act very Leo. Especially out in public or out on the town...MyTaurus son has a Leo Asc he acts more Leo than me..

I have a Pisces rising (with a bunch of Leo) I withdraw alot from people, and I dont necessarily want to be the center of stage in large groups or with people I dont know well... Im much more Leo one on one or in small groups..

So just because some one has a Stellium in a ceratin sign doesnt necessarily mean they will act that way... Other chart factors need to be taken in to account...

Also I try not to use Astrology to determine if I want to go out with some one or not... If you like him, and you get along, Do it! Dont waste timing worring about what may happen, if you do you miss out of life, and sometimes lessons we need to advance us into our higher self..

Thanks Lioness! Well, I just started e-ing with him. So far, it is slow going. I am not sure if we have enough in common really. I think we are kind of different in general - before to even think about astro compatibility. That said, Scorpio and I always make good friends, so should be good for that if not anything else. He doesn't live in my city anyhow. :)

I will still never want to date another Libra again I can tell ya. :) Most air signs annoy me anyhow - I end up argueing with them alot so I will avoiding that thank you. Plenty of other sexy signs I am compatiable with - that are not air! :D