Pluto in twelfth - panic or celebrate?

Jesse Booth

Jesse Booth here. I have a quick question regarding a very specific area of my chart: the twelfth house and Pluto. I'm not entirely sure what to make of the situation; I have Pluto, the planet of unconscious influences and transformation in the twelfth house of karma and unconscious influences (and for most of human history before Dane Rudhyar introduced the concept of optimism to astrology, the house of "***** to suck, sucker") - literally in the same degree as my ascendant, the representation of my social shell - in happy-go-lucky, socially oblivious open Sagittarius, not less. I have some amazing luck with aspects on this planet as well - no less than FIVE semisquares and a trine, with a few milliliters worth of storm clouds in the form of a measly little semi-square with Venus. In fact, I believe this may be the MOST positively aspected planet in my entire chart.

I've been scratching my head on this one for a while now, and I just want to know: am I a stone's throw away from instant ascension to nirvana, do I still have some awful, life-shattering problems waiting for me to drop my guard before they mug me and take my social security card & driver's licence before taking out a couple dozen credit cards under my name, is it some weird combination of both? I really can't figure out what this means for me.

Attachments

• Birth Chart - Jesse.gif
    Birth Chart - Jesse.gif
    52.2 KB · Views: 58

katydid

Your Pluto is awesome. It is very well aspected and it receives the brunt of power released from those multiple trines from the 10th to the 2nd houses.

Pluto is at the midpoint of those trines, exactly so with the Sun/Mars trine. Uranus is right there too, and is the dispositor of the Sun.

Ebertin says:

Sun/Mars=Energy, virility, determination, the power of attainment, the courage to fight, the desire to lead and exercise power.

Sun/Mars=Pluto:
the desire for great achievement, fanaticism, the strength needed to make great effort, but may be unscrupulous if need be

So you have a tremendous amount of charisma, power, strength and you need to use it with grace and self conscious positivity, so as not to abuse it. :bandit:

With the Uranus conjunct the Sun/Mars, and ruling the Aquarius, I would add:

Sun/Mars/Uranus=

Impulsive behavior, hastiness, the tendency to do one's work in a state of excitement, the overtaxing of one's strength, premature action.

Last edited:

Witchyone

You sure? It looked like it was slightly ahead of the ascendant. Oh, never mind, you're far more experienced in this than I am, and likely ever will be. Thanks.

It also looks to me like it's in the 12th in this chart, _just_ barely. Maybe it's in 1st in a different system or something? Whole house?

Anyway, as Katydid said, it's a very nicely aspected Pluto, but I see why you ask. It seems the placement is said to give an "intense" life. That doesn't have to be bad, though. It can be transformative.

Jesse Booth

Your Pluto is awesome. It is very well aspected and it receives the brunt of power released from those multiple trines from the 10th to the 2nd houses.

Pluto is at the midpoint of those trines, exactly so with the Sun/Mars trine. Uranus is right there too, and is the dispositor of the Sun.

Ebertin says:

Sun/Mars=Energy, virility, determination, the power of attainment, the courage to fight, the desire to lead and exercise power.

Sun/Mars=Pluto:
the desire for great achievement, fanaticism, the strength needed to make great effort, but may be unscrupulous if need be

So you have a tremendous amount of charisma, power, strength and you need to use it with grace and self conscious positivity, so as not to abuse it. :bandit:

With the Uranus conjunct the Sun/Mars, and ruling the Aquarius, I would add:

Sun/Mars/Uranus=

Impulsive behavior, hastiness, the tendency to do one's work in a state of excitement, the overtaxing of one's strength, premature action.

Thank you for the assistance. Impulsiveness has certainly been a problem to overcome for me, although I'd like to think that I've got some semblance of a grip on it.

Bunraku

Houses are divisions of the sky, but they’re not literal laser-point precision cuts of the sky. Planets conjunct an angle will be expressed through that angle. Ex. if it’s conjunct the 2nd house by a few degrees, it doesn’t mean it escapes that cusp. It’s been a general rule that planets within 5 degrees of a cusp is expressed in the previous house. IN Jesse’s case, the planet is literally on the ASC, so it will be expressed via the ASC for good/worse.

It also looks to me like it's in the 12th in this chart, _just_ barely. Maybe it's in 1st in a different system or something? Whole house?

Anyway, as Katydid said, it's a very nicely aspected Pluto, but I see why you ask. It seems the placement is said to give an "intense" life. That doesn't have to be bad, though. It can be transformative.