Fine tuning the birth time for Vimshottari Dasa

tenko

I'm a beginner, so please bear with me if I ask stupid questions.

I'm interested in making very fine level prediction, as much as possible. I've heard that in the Vimshottari dasa system, the Dasa/sub Dasa/sub sub Dasa... goes up to 12 levels, where the period of the 12th level is in the order of breath (ie seconds). For my goal, I will be happy even if I can make a day level accuracy.

The commencement of Dasa is dependent on birth time and the position of moon on a star. Lets consider Bharani. Its Dasa is Venus = 20 years. Moon will go around all the 27 stars in 24 hours. (ie) In one star, moon will spend 53 minutes 20 seconds. If the moon has crossed few degrees in the star, then those have to be deducted in the 20 years of Venus dasa appropriately.

Now here comes the problem : 20 years of dasa / (53*60 + 20) sec is approximately 2 days. (ie) 1 second of error in noting the birth time will lead to an error of 2 days in the dasa. or 1 minute error will be off by 4 months !

According to one source, the moment of first cry is the moment of birth. Since the doctors and nurses involved in the delivery dont consider astrology as first priority in recording the accurate birth time, we can almost certainly assume that the given birth time is erroneous. This will lead to inaccurate prediction for the given day (or hour).

1. How can we error correct the birth time ?
2. What additional data should be gathered from the person ? (like marriage day, first job, vehicle etc.)
3. Should any divisional charts be used for fine tuning ?
4. What is the maximum possible accuracy ? Is it possible to be accurate to the second ? minute ? hour ? day ?