I have come across

this specific one
many times
and it always seems to emanate a trigger
that serves to
distort the truth on a collective level
and slandering the one who puts it forth
by misinterpreting their messages.
It is many ways a guard system of the old world order.
Don't take it personally, I am not blaming you but the system itself.
Y

images

JUPITERASC

That seems to be an accurate observation.
What I am missing in the neo-trad community
is genuine self-confidence.
What we have instead is appeal to authority wherever and whenever possible.

Hey Muchacho. I have read every book there is.
Trust me. I'm not saying that to boast.
It's more of a shameful confession that shows my obsession and neglect for other potentially more important readings.
Name a book; I've read it.
Actually, what I'm looking here, and
you are a perfect candidate
because when you first came here you were and Ester Hicks fan
and you astrological knowledge was rudimentary.
But now I can see that you've made substantial improvements.
I think that's awesome.
If we define traditional astrology
as the practice of self-identified traditional astrologers today
IF :smile:
Agreed. I would call that neo-traditional astrology though.
Neo- is a prefix from the ancient Greek word for young, neos.
Neo- is a combining form meaning “new,” “recent,” “revived,” “modified”
New and different
used in the formation of compound words: neo-Darwinism; Neolithic
neoorthodoxy; neophyte.
hence
"neo-traditional" is an obvious contradiction in terms
and clearly excludes "Neo-traditionalism" from our Traditional board
our traditional board
quite rightly
excludes the use of MODERN OUTERS
Jupiter and Saturn are the traditional outers
It's just that simple
Q.E.D.
then the scope of traditional astrology
does include the outers as supplementary data
for some practitioners.
It's just that simple.
obsessed with MODERN OUTERS
transparently designed
to include as traditional astrologers
those who
in an effort to force the use of MODERN OUTERS onto our traditional board
claim MODERN OUTERS = "supplementary data points"
whilst affirming obfuscatingly that Modern Astrology IS "Traditional"
Old-fashioned astrologers refuse to admit there's a legitimate, new version of Astrology
the current torch-bearer of the ancient Tradition of Astrology.
Since Modern Astrology is of the line of that ancient Tradition, it is itself "traditional".
The Astrological lineage didn't end in 1700 A.C.E.
NEVERTHELESS
our traditional board excludes MODERN OUTERS
No denying the value of the old ways.
But the new has value as well.
traditional rules clearly state that members who wish to
explore a COMBINATION of traditional and modern ideas
should feel free to start a new thread
in an appropriate forum for further discussion.

petosiris

Banned
''A distinction is made among those who encounter this art: some are true, some insubstantial, some incomprehending. It is like this: several ceramic amphoras receive one crop of expensive wine from one farm. After a time, some of the amphoras give the wine back perfect, filled with flavor and enjoyment for those who entrusted the wine to their keeping. Other amphoras, however, allow the measure of the wine's volume to diminish, are not able to contain the new wine, and allow it to foam over - these amphoras did not alter the flavor or cause the savor of the wine crop to disappear, but they do cheat <the vintner> in both respects, for the taste does not last any time nor does it keep its real nature, but immediately changes.'' - Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley.

Trad wine - https://www.paintingstar.com/static...Monk+With+A+Wine+Glass+Artwork+by+Ernst+Nowak

waybread

Just a comment on "progressive" astrology.

I think both trads and mods do research, but so far as I can tell, traditional astrologers' research is mostly historically oriented. They may check out an old method to see if it works for them, but not a new one.

Modern astrologers are more likely to try to push the boundaries of knowledge. Some good examples would be Henry Seltzer's book on Eris, and David Cochrane's research on harmonics and the application of statistics to large data sets.

This isn't to say that all modern astrology is research-based.

Ynest, your posts remind me that there is a thread, however slender, in astrology, of seeing and practicing astrology through religious eyes. Anciently Nisaba (Nidaba) was the Sumerian goddess of star-gazing, and Mercury (Hermes) was the Greco-Roman god of astrology. The early works on the heavens (Aratus, Manilius) were written in poetry as the fitting medium for discussing the heavens and planetary gods. Genesis 1:1 begins with God creating the heavens. Ancient astrology also had a Hermetic tradition.

petosiris

Banned
Just a comment on "progressive" astrology.

I think both trads and mods do research, but so far as I can tell, traditional astrologers' research is mostly historically oriented. They may check out an old method to see if it works for them, but not a new one.

Modern astrologers are more likely to try to push the boundaries of knowledge. Some good examples would be Henry Seltzer's book on Eris, and David Cochrane's research on harmonics and the application of statistics to large data sets.

This isn't to say that all modern astrology is research-based.

Ynest, your posts remind me that there is a thread, however slender, in astrology, of seeing and practicing astrology through religious eyes. Anciently Nisaba (Nidaba) was the Sumerian goddess of star-gazing, and Mercury (Hermes) was the Greco-Roman god of astrology. The early works on the heavens (Aratus, Manilius) were written in poetry as the fitting medium for discussing the heavens and planetary gods. Genesis 1:1 begins with God creating the heavens. Ancient astrology also had a Hermetic tradition.

You are saying that both research is anecdotal, not using the scientific method.

JUPITERASC

Please.
And hurry.
too late :smile:

myths-legends-fortune_teller-fortune-crystal_ball-kind-sense_of_humour-mfln6123_low.jpg

Yesterday, 11:31 PM
petosiris
user_offline.gif

Re: Modern Astrology IS "Traditional"
Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris
''A distinction is made among those who encounter this art: some are true, some insubstantial, some incomprehending. It is like this: several ceramic amphoras receive one crop of expensive wine from one farm. After a time, some of the amphoras give the wine back perfect, filled with flavor and enjoyment for those who entrusted the wine to their keeping. Other amphoras, however, allow the measure of the wine's volume to diminish, are not able to contain the new wine, and allow it to foam over - these amphoras did not alter the flavor or cause the savor of the wine crop to disappear, but they do cheat <the vintner> in both respects, for the taste does not last any time nor does it keep its real nature, but immediately changes.'' - Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley.

Trad wine - https://www.paintingstar.com/static/...by+Ernst+Nowak

david starling

As applied to the Ages, this topic is quite timely when it comes to my Sign-blending beginning at the 5th and 25th degree markers, as regards the Cyril Fagan Ayanamsa, which is extremely popular among sidereal Western Modern astrologers. Using the standard 71.6 years per degree of Precession, and the leading point of the 30 degree Age Interval set at the VP, the blending BEGAN just THIS YEAR at the Spring Equinox! It's miniscule for the first degree of blending though. It means that even WITH Sign-blending, the Age of Sidereal Pisces has had NO Aquarian Age input prior to this year's Equinox, with 2376 as the starting year of the actual sidereal Aquarian Age (using this Ayanamsa). That's with a Piscean Age beginning in 228 A.D.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
As applied to the Ages, this topic is quite timely when it comes to my Sign-blending beginning at the 5th and 25th degree markers, as regards the Cyril Fagan Ayanamsa, which is extremely popular among sidereal Western Modern astrologers. Using the standard 71.6 years per degree of Precession, and the leading point of the 30 degree Age Interval set at the VP, the blending BEGAN just THIS YEAR at the Spring Equinox! It's miniscule for the first degree of blending though. It means that even WITH Sign-blending, the Age of Sidereal Pisces has had NO Aquarian Age input prior to this year's Equinox, with 2376 as the starting year of the actual sidereal Aquarian Age (using this Ayanamsa). That's with a Piscean Age beginning in 228 A.D.

I see that the dawn of the golden age coincides with Donald Trump's presidency. I am starting to like this sign-blending concept.