Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 06-16-2015, 03:06 PM

Smile Re: Is it Mars or Jupiter that represents the husband ?

My sense is that Sun and Mars describe the more dominant (Yang) partner, while Venus and Moon describe the more receptive (Yin) partner. Therefore receptive person would check for Sun and Mars of prospective dominant partner--and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
What if the person in question is a lesbian?
Sun and Mars still apply? OR Venus and Moon?

Unread 06-16-2015, 05:21 PM

Re: Is it Mars or Jupiter that represents the husband ?

I think that the Sun represents the husband and Mars the boyfriend/s.
Unread 11-15-2015, 01:28 AM

I'm gay and have Mars at my descendant, it's also in Cancer which, as my interest in astrology has grown quite recently, I've found interesting because my history has been with older men whose stability and emotional power I've been most attracted to (for better and worse). I am mostly unstable and have difficulty bringing myself down to reality (perhaps exemplified by Neptune closely conjunct my ascendant) but I'm curious about the Sun's role - is it more important in that regard? Mars in Cancer is at my descendant but my Sun is closely conjunct Jupiter (to the exact degree) and Mercury in the 8th in Virgo. Any thoughts?

Last edited by mercurial; 11-15-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Unread 10-19-2017, 04:42 PM

Smile Re: Is it Mars or Jupiter that represents the husband ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alitta the Archer View Post
I've been studying western astrology for a while and I noticed that whenever a woman asks about her future husband, she is instantly asked to look at her Mars and Sun signs.
But as I keep studying married women charts, I can't help but notice that women do not end up with their Mars/Sun energy or sign but with that of Jupiter.
My mom has Sun and Mars both in Cancer but guess what ? She ended up marrying an Aquarius ( my Dad) .
When I took a look at her chart I noticed that her Uranus is unaspected and is not the ruler of the 7H, she also has no major presence of air or fire elements in her chart and then I found it ! Jupiter in Aquarius at 25.
I noticed the same in other charts of different women.
I have Sun/Mars/Venus all in Sagittarius so it's natural to expect that I will one day marry a Saggy or someone with strong Jupiterian energy. But when I decided to ask an experienced psychic, she told that I will end up with a Scorpio man, a businessman. I was surprised because I do not have any major aspects of love planets to my Pluto. It only conjunct Mercury and trine Uranus not to mention that Neptune rules my 7H and not Pluto. they have no aspects between them.
So when I looked back at my chart, I found Jupiter in Scorpio, second house plus Jupiter rules my fourth house and traditionally my 7th (in Pisces) . It explained everything to me.
So what do you think guys ? What are your opinions ?
Hey! I don't know if you ever got this figured out, but I just learned that according the western astrology, Jupiter is totally the husband in a woman chart. <3 They are so smart.
Unread 11-25-2019, 04:39 AM

I was searching for this topic and glad i found it. True, according to vedic astrology Jupiter is supposed to be the karaka (significator) of 1st husband.... But what about 2nd and 3rd and so on? What about men? I know venus for first wife....
what r your thoughts on this? Anybody married for the second or third time can shed light on this?

Last edited by Libranmoon; 11-25-2019 at 05:10 AM.
Unread 12-03-2019, 02:39 AM

Question Re: Is it Mars or Jupiter that represents the husband ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
What if the person in question is a lesbian?
Sun and Mars still apply? OR Venus and Moon?
Good question, Bunraku. This may be a case in cis and hetero women's charts, but I am genderfluid and identifies as both male and female, and is gynephile (attracted to females), would Jupiter be in my natal chart on the ideal woman, and in my natal chart, it's conjunct Mars and Saturn (and Lilith) in my 3rd-sign of Virgo. For women whether they're cis and trans, and straight or LGBTQ, the planets Mars and Jupiter represent a lover of any biological sex and/or gender.

My half-sister born on Dec 21, 1970 with a Libra moon, Leo-Virgo ASC (the 29' Leo associated with riches she has and the Virgo rising is terrible) and worse of all, a Mars scorpio. She's half a Capricorn going by her winter solstice birth (San Francisco, CA, USA). And still, I can get along with many Sagittarius people...with a few issues (the so-called "sex-tile" for most solar Aquarians).

An ideal mate is Sagittarius rising (is Jupiter in there?), Cancer sun (my rising), Virgo saturn (Aquarius' ruler - my sun sign) and Aquarius moon (conjunct my sun). Years with Jupiter in its ruling sign Sagittarius are 1971 (older than me - she is mature and experienced) and 1983 (slightly younger than me - average gap of age between males and females in marriage); and esp. Jupiter conjunct saturn (1979-80) but there's my natal Mars caught between Jupiter and saturn.

Tags
husband, jupiter, mars, represents