Test your Astrology expertise on my case

PLF

Hi Ladies and Gents,

This is my first ever post on not just this but any astrology-forum, so I apologize in advance if I'm putting this in the wrong section.

I'm a 20 year old male who up until recently was not a big believer of 'astrology' and somewhat of a skeptic but that was due to my own lack of knowledge about the topic. Now that I know it's so much more complex and there is so much more to it than just 'sun-signs', I have much more faith in it and have started finding it a lot less general and a lot more accurate.

Astrology is something I've always kinda found interesting but didn't really follow or try to learn more about until recently when I've gained a lot more faith in it. Having said that, I still have a very basic level of knowledge about it. Which is what has brought me to this place and made me join. :)

Throughout the next few months, I hope to learn more about this beautiful field and as a result, more about different personality types and people.

Before that however, I'm primarily interested in learning more about myself through means of astrology to further confirm my faith in it or god for bid, become a skeptic again.

Unfortunately, my exact time of birth is not known. I do know the date and the location however and my mom tells me I was born around noon. She actually tells me that while she's not sure, she believes I was born before noon and I'm almost 100% certain, I have Leo Rising Sign (Ascendant) having read its descriptions on this site which I thought matched me word-for-word. :cool:

And I'm almost certain that my "House II" is NOT a Leo as I'm quite the opposite of spending more than I earn. In fact, nobody had to ever teach me about 'saving' money. I'm quite capricorn-like with financial matters.

Knowing that info, can anyone tell between what hour/minutes was I born? (A range of say half hour or one hour?)

And do you guys think it'd be possible that through asking me different questions about different parts of personality, we could get real close to the actual minute I was born and perhaps figure that out?

If you do, I'm open for answering as many questions as you have for me and also welcome any insights or comments. I look forward to hearing back from you as I took a peek through several other threads before making this and couldn't help but be impressed by the amount of quality posters we seem to have on this forum, many of whom seem to be passionate and speak in detail (with longer posts) and quite polite and friendly as well. :)

=========================================================
Here's my info:

Name: Simon S
January 1st 1987
Birthplace: Isfahan (City), Isfahan (Also province name), Iran
Time: Unknown but around noon

Sun sign: Capricorn
Moon Sign: Aquarius
Rising Sun: Leo

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*

Here's my info:

Name: Simon S
January 1st 1987
Birthplace: Isfahan (City), Isfahan (Also province name), Iran
Time: Unknown but around noon

Sun sign: Capricorn
Moon Sign: Aquarius
Rising Sun: Leo

Let's try that again shall we .......

sun sign .... yep , that's right !!

moon sign ..... oops ..... my bet is 27cap30 +/- 0deg15 (from your post)

Ascendant .... Aries my Boy Aries !!

Intercepted 12th house .... incl a Chart ruler conj Jupiter square to Saturn , itself in a very broad stellium ( 5 planets + MC @ 25deg separation).

You are here (at this time)because the square between Jupiter and Saturn has progressed .........

Tell me the exact timing of your question ...when did you decide to register , what tipped the scale ?? .... and the true nature of your "question" /"query" ....

and i will tell you to the nearest 4 mins what time you were born ..... and explain how i did it !!!

RockFish

Yes, I used 11:30 for your approximate birth time, considering that your mother says you were born before noon, and the ascendant is indeed Aries. If your ascendant was leo, you would have to be born in the evening, around 19:00, and that's very far from what your mother said, and we have to believe her, right? Who could know better?

The Ascendant in Aries gives you a 2nd house in Taurus, ruled by a very well aspected Venus (sextile with the moon, trine with Mars) in the 8th, so it shows a well-managed (and lucky) financial life. You say your are capricorn-like in terms of money management, and that's your Capricorn Moon speaking. :D

Let's see how !3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t* will discover the exact birth time! Very curious here.

And, last but not least, welcome, Simon!

RockFish

Ooops, forgot to add this:

"And do you guys think it'd be possible that through asking me different questions about different parts of personality, we could get real close to the actual minute I was born and perhaps figure that out?"

Yes. Maybe some info about your (intended) career could provide some answers.

PLF

Thanks for the welcome and the replies. :)

@!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*, I'm not sure I understand your post to be honest, dude. Don't forget, you're talking to a newbie. ;) Be more clear with what you mean and what you want from me and I'll see what I can do.

RockFish said:
Yes, I used 11:30 for your approximate birth time, considering that your mother says you were born before noon, and the ascendant is indeed Aries. If your ascendant was leo, you would have to be born in the evening, around 19:00, and that's very far from what your mother said, and we have to believe her, right? Who could know better?
How are you guys calculating the ascendant then?:confused:
Because when I use this link and put my info in, I will have Leo Ascendant for being born anytime between 11:35am to I'm assuming a couple hours later which is congruent with what my mother said. Not in evening. If It was that far from what my mother said, I'd doubt it a little too even if it did word for word match me. But according to that site, it's not far and right about when she was hinting I may have been born except a little off because she says before noon, but it may have been 12:40pm let's say...

Anyway though, I will take a look at descriptions for Aries Ascendant and see if that's me and I'll let you guys know. Like I said already however, I'm almost 100% certain, I have a Leo Rising having read its description on that very same site. In some ways that describes me better than my "Sun" capricorn.

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*

@!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*, I'm not sure I understand your post to be honest, dude. Don't forget, you're talking to a newbie. ;) Be more clear with what you mean and what you want from me and I'll see what I can do.

You are here (at this time)because the square between Jupiter and Saturn has progressed .........

Tell me the exact timing of your question ...when did you decide to register , what tipped the scale ?? .... and the true nature of your "question" /"query" ....

and i will tell you to the nearest 4 mins what time you were born ..... and explain how i did it !!!

I don't give secrets away that easily my friend :D

Which part of the emboldened text didn't you understand [hint-they're not astrological] :D

Re your ascendant ...... you claim to be born in Iran & the local time was c.noon ...... you did something really wrong if you calc'd a Leo asc.

Think about it .....on the 1st January at noon the sun (in capricorn) was directly overhead ...... the sign of leo is 210degrees away if you look to the east ....... and , obviously , 150degrees to the west.

the angle between "directly overhead" and the "eastrn horizon" ( the ascendant) is "about" 90 degrees .

[please stick to astrology without commenting on the other person's ability to understand your point - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*

Please at least check the data you have given us

1st jan 87
isfahan , Iran

PS.your response was helpful ...... i'd still like to know the answers though ;)

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*

here's your chart .... that site was ~!@#$%^ , they didn't even have Sydney , Australia on their locn.database

I'm happy with this chart , given your evasive answer above ..... it is obvious you are not "slow" or lacking in confidence from the original post.

Here's another Question ...... what happened when you were ....around 13yo ??

4uxff3s.gif

PLF

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t* said:
moon sign ..... oops ..... my bet is 27cap30 +/- 0deg15 (from your post)

What does this mean? This is what I meant by my previous post. You're talking like an expert to me when I don't know the meaning of degrees, etc.

Ascendant .... Aries my Boy Aries !!

Intercepted 12th house .... incl a Chart ruler conj Jupiter square to Saturn , itself in a very broad stellium ( 5 planets + MC @ 25deg separation).

Again, the bold part is a foreign language to me.

As for my being an Aries ascendant, I read the 2-3 paragraphs the website I linked above had to say about it and I'd have to say it's unlikely. That's just not me.

I did spend time looking at the description for having other signs as your ascendant (rising sign) as well, and one that matches me even less is Cancer. So I'm sure, I'm definitely not that one.

Some of the other ones like "Aquarius" rising sign, didn't really describe me or make me say "Oh! That's it" while reading it (like I did with Leo Rising) but it didn't say much wrong either.

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t* said:

The exact timing of the question was about 30 mins before the date and time on the first post of this thread. Since that's kinda how long it took for me to write it I suppose.

What tipped the scale? Joining an astrology forum to ask some questions I've had such as these has been on my mind for a few weeks already since I began to have faith in 'astrology' but I never got around to it until last night. So after doing some searches, I found this place, registered and decided it was time I learn more about what these degrees mean, etc.

The real reason behind it? Like I said, to see how accurately astrology can describe my personality and see if we can go back-wards and prove just how powerful a science it is by predicting the approximate birth time by personality rather than other way around!

The other reason is, I'm here to learn. I have many questions on these topics and overall find it an interesting one.

Please at least check the data you have given us

1st jan 87
isfahan , Iran

PS.your response was helpful ...... i'd still like to know the answers though ;)

What do you mean by check? :confused:
Those are facts.

Re your ascendant ...... you claim to be born in Iran & the local time was c.noon ...... you did something really wrong if you calc'd a Leo asc.

I don't know anything about that degree stuff you spoke of. And like I said before, I didn't calculate the Ascendant. I have no idea how to. I used the website referred to above and assumed it was trustworthy.

Any other questions?

RockFish

Simon:

"when I use this link and put my info in, I will have Leo Ascendant for being born anytime between 11:35am to I'm assuming a couple hours later which is congruent with what my mother said. Not in evening."

Yes, I entered your birth data in the website you linked here, and it indeed gives an ascendant in Leo, which is weird. :confused:

I use Solarfire software to draw charts, it is in general pretty accurate, and I also compare the results in solarfire with charts produced by this website (for free): http://www.astro.com/
I think you have to register in order to be able to draw charts in astro.com, but it is worth it.
I entered your data in both solarfire and astro.com, and the result is the same, ascendant at 3 degrees Aries for a birth at 11:30 am. I am attaching the chart produced by astro.com, so that you can take a look.

"Like I said already however, I'm almost 100% certain, I have a Leo Rising having read its description on that very same site. In some ways that describes me better than my "Sun" capricorn."

An ascendant in Aries is in fire, like Leo, so, they may present similarities. Assertive, straightforward, extrovert, proud. I think it is better to rely on more than one tool to get reports and chart drawings. Actually, eletronic reports are too generalistic, so it would be better to get some opinion from a real person.

Attachments

• simon.gif
    simon.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 30

PLF

RockFish said:
Simon:

Yes, I entered your birth data in the website you linked here, and it indeed gives an ascendant in Leo, which is weird. :confused:

After what you and "!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*" have said, I'm starting to lose some respect for that website. How can they make a mistake like that unless there's something we're not taking into account...

Then again, it does seem like a big website and isn't it a little weird for them to make such a big mistake (according to you guys?)

RockFish said:
I think it is better to rely on more than one tool to get reports and chart drawings. Actually, eletronic reports are too generalistic, so it would be better to get some opinion from a real person.

I agree. In fact that is one of my main characteristics in life. To always get more than one or two opinions. Whether it's a business decision or a personal one, it's always best to see different perspectives and have all 'bases' covered so to speak. :)

If you can refer me to any other website that also has descriptions (the more detailed the better) for different "Ascendant" signs, I'll be glad to have a look at them and re-evalute the chances of myself being an "Aries" rising one or Leo one. At the moment, based on what I read from that site, I'm 99% sure I'm a Leo and not much of an Aries.

But that is based on that website's few paragraphs about each of those 2 signs. So if there's other ones or other people who can tell me about the characteristics/traits of these 2 signs, I'll happily read/listen to them and re-examine the chances of me being that.

Thanks for the reply. :)

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*

OK , that is your chart ..... you cannot pick and choose what time and place you were born "after the event" .....

do you understand that ???

I have , on the basis of "absolutely no logical reason"(aka gut feeling), moved the ascendant (changed the birthtime to 11:36)

Now ... i am gonna do a little maths .................

Here's the 13yo question with some detail ....... What did you learn during these months .... May , Jun or July 1999.

4mucqo7.gif

PLF

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t* said:
OK , that is your chart ..... you cannot pick and choose what time and place you were born "after the event" .....

do you understand that ???

[please stick to astrology without commenting on the other person's ability to understand your point - Moderator]

No one ever changed the place since that is definite. What we don't know however as outlined clearly in the first post is the exact time. It can realistically be anywhere between 10:30am - 1:00 pm according to info I've been given by parents.

So we don't know if I were really born 11:36am or 11:56am or 10:46am or even slightly after noon (Let's say until 1pm) and my mom being a bit wrong about that since it was over 20 years ago and I'm not her only child.

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t* said:
Here's the 13yo question with some detail ....... What did you learn during these months .... May , Jun or July 1999.
Hmm... no clue. :confused:

If you ask me what I learned this summer that just passed, I wouldn't know what to say really. Let alone when I was 13 years old and that being a really long time ago.

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*

Mate .... I'm an astrologer ..... not your mother , not your schoolteacher ....

Bookmark the home page , read the glossary and the definitions ...... make an effort to learn the basics for yourself ..... and i will help ...... sit there like a buddha trying to extract peoples knowledge on the basis of some "innate entitlement" won't win you any friends no matter how glib and humourous you may be.

The website you went to is a crock .... i described why earlier and sent them an e-mail to let them know. It seems like a site for dilletante's looking to "hook up" ...... are you are dilletante with a hidden agenda ??? :D

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*

OK .... for the record ......

You have been set up , since i first saw that chart ...... which was b4 i posted .........

The 12th House is a vicious intercept , and this chart is fraught with deception and violence ....... there is mendacity and sadistic tendencies shown .......

What was learnt at the time of the Saturn / Node contact (IX-I) (the prog'd chart ( above) was a deep and dark secret ......

I am not touching this chart , your replies have confirmed my deepest fears .....

Good luck ..... you're gonna need it ???

I could be wrong ................... :D

PLF

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t* said:
Bookmark the home page , read the glossary and the definitions ...... make an effort to learn the basics for yourself ..... and i will help ......
I will.

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t* said:
The website you went to is a crock .... i described why earlier and sent them an e-mail to let them know. It seems like a site for dilletante's looking to "hook up" ...... are you are dilletante with a hidden agenda ??? :D
I'm not familiar with that word but after looking it up, I think you might mean Dilettante. ;)
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dilletante

As for the website being a crock, that's sad then. :eek:
It's the only place I had found where I could get somewhat detailed descriptions for free. And I have to say, the info it did give me overall (not just for the big 3 things but also planets. houses, etc.) did match me about 90% well when I would put in my info and time at around 12:30pm or so.... not everything was spot on but much of it was to renew my faith in astrology.

wilsontc

Staff member
please stick to astrology, to all

To all,

Please stick to astrological explanations. Do not comment on another's ability to understand what you say or agree with what you say. This is a forum for sharing astrological ideas in a friendly, accepting environment. I have edited some posts where the comments were not astrological or helpful.

Moderately,

Tim

wilsontc

Staff member
basic astrology, to PLF

PLF,

Here is a pretty good website that a lot of astrologers like to use:
http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp

The problem with your situation is that, without a definite time, we can't create a chart. We can create part of a chart, but we can't create the whole chart. And guessing at the Ascendant based on a description doesn't work because there are a LOT of things in astrology which can create a similar looking result. What you CAN do is rectification, in which an astrologer looks at major events in your life and creates your chart based on your answers. The problem is it depends on the accuracy of your memory, the ability of the astrologer...and there is no guarantee it is the right time. But if that's all you have, that's all you have.

I suggest using the chart LLT (i.e., !3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*) posted and click on the link below my message. This will open up a site on the very basics in astrology. Using the chart and going through the 6 steps will help you get a good handle on a probable chart you can use until a better one becomes available.

Trying to help,

Tim

PLF

Re: basic astrology, to PLF

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the helpful post. I appreciate it.

wilsontc said:
PLF,

Here is a pretty good website that a lot of astrologers like to use:
http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp

The problem with your situation is that, without a definite time, we can't create a chart. We can create part of a chart, but we can't create the whole chart. And guessing at the Ascendant based on a description doesn't work because there are a LOT of things in astrology which can create a similar looking result.
****!!!

So is there really no point in me looking at description of different "Ascendants" and trying to identify with them? :confused:

Because 'description of characteristics/traits' reading is the sorta thing I was looking forward to.

wilsontc said:
What you CAN do is rectification, in which an astrologer looks at major events in your life and creates your chart based on your answers. The problem is it depends on the accuracy of your memory, the ability of the astrologer...and there is no guarantee it is the right time. But if that's all you have, that's all you have.
I gotta be honest, I don't like this method much.
But like you said, when you're in a situation like I am, I guess there's very little choice... :eek:

wilsontc said:
I suggest using the chart LLT (i.e., !3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*) posted and click on the link below my message. This will open up a site on the very basics in astrology. Using the chart and going through the 6 steps will help you get a good handle on a probable chart you can use until a better one becomes available.
Okay, I'll have a look at those 6 steps and what they are and try it out.

About the bolded part, how would a better one become available if I'll never sadly know my birth time. :(