SCORPIO Is the STRONGEST and MOST IMPORTANT sign

Bunraku

This is understated. There are MANY lessons that Pluto has to offer that is being ignored and neglected by society and many astrologers at large. Once we evolve as a species we will come to realize how much we don't know.

It makes people on this forum mad that their sign doesn't have much relevance in today's society, but the Sun and Leo or Cancer Moon, etc. are all irrelevant when it comes to the power of Pluto! The "LOOK AT ME" theatrics by some threads are really sad, and shows their development. Knowing that it's not always about you is the key.

OuterPlanets89

I'm not going to respond to the premise of this thread, because strength/importance are subjective, and each sign provides an important part of the larger cycle. In terms of depth, sure, Scorpio is usually the deepest -- though it also depends what type of depth we're talking about.

I think the Pluto in Scorpio generation is in an interesting place, with some of them deeply aware of truth, but apathetic towards the work it'll take to change society, and others still avoiding looking into the depths of their Pluto issues. The thing to remember about Scorpio is that it's a counter-puncher. Like a Scorpion, it strikes back when threatened, or backed into a corner. It doesn't seek out conflict like say, a fire sign, but it unconsciously surveys for its opponents' weakest spots, so when it is backed into a corner, it strikes to kill.

I think it'll take another huge crisis to see the strength of this generation, and I think we're likely heading towards one, with rapidly increasing wealth inequality and a mental health epidemic affecting the world, but especially our generation.

Bunraku

Well, news outlets posted that millennials (Pluto Scorpio gen) are running out of time to build wealth before retirement age hits. Either they do something now or end up having to work for the rest of their lives or just quit and find some way to pool resources together like the old days

OuterPlanets89

Well, news outlets posted that millennials (Pluto Scorpio gen) are running out of time to build wealth before retirement age hits. Either they do something now or end up having to work for the rest of their lives or just quit and find some way to pool resources together like the old days
I definitely agree. The problem is that there is a collective disassociation currently in society unlike any other time in history (due to our tech dependence and overstimulation), which distances most people from deeper truths of reality.

And this disassociation is present with nearly every generation -- it's just that Millennials are facing the brunt of it, as young(-ish) adults (25 to late-30s) struggling to establish their careers or any financial stability in a system that's clearly broken. Most of us also have Neptune in Capricorn, and have dreams of success, plus images of idealism regarding the world that we were entering planted into us from childhood. This has created a disillusionment in a generation which was already somewhat pessimistic due to our outer planet placements/stellium.

An interesting idea is that of the "Pluto Polarity Point" which I believe was popularized by Jeffrey Green, who wrote a famous book on Pluto. It basically states that the evolutionary purpose of a Pluto generation lies in the sign opposite their Pluto -- meaning that Millennials should look into Taurus-based lives to achieve their purpose (self-sustenance, back to nature etc).

Pluto in Leo = learning Aquarius lessons of "the greater good" and community.
Pluto in Virgo = learning Pisces lessons of letting go of control and perhaps, accepting something greater.
Pluto in Libra = learning Aries lessons of fighting for what you believe in.
Pluto in Scorpio = learning Taurus lessons of self-sustenance and nurture.
Pluto in Sagittarius = learning Gemini lessons of finding community/communication with those different from self.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Interesting.
What would this mean for someone like me with a Scorpio Pluto in the 7th?
a Sign is comparable to an ENVIRONMENT and is NEUTRAL
and is neither weak nor strong nor partial :smile:

and so
to use an analogy from nature:

a cactus thrives in sand in harsh sun and dies when placed in nutrient rich soil in shade

cactus-desert-landscape-16735642.jpg

i.e.
sand is NEUTRAL
sand IS NOT partial to cacti

similarly SIGNS are IMPARTIAL and NEUTRAL

another example:

images

a mushroom thrives when placed in nutrient rich soil in darkness and dies when placed in sand in harsh sun

i.e. to be clear then
nutrient rich ground is NEUTRAL and is not PARTIAL to mushrooms

similarly SIGNS are IMPARTIAL and NEUTRAL

hence clearly

Signs are COMPARABLE to an ENVIRONMENT
an environment is IMPARTIAL

SIGNS are neither weak nor strong
Signs are NEUTRAL

Bunraku

This is modern astrology, so the signs can carry their own personality/bias and have inherent strengths/weaknesses.

david starling

It's modern astrology

Well, when someone says "Scorpio is the strongest Sign", does that mean its effect is strongest for every placement....Or, maybe it just imparts the most noticeable effects? ALL of the Fixed-signs seem to make themselves especially noticeable, with the possible exception of Taurus.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Well, when someone says "Scorpio is the strongest Sign", does that mean its effect is strongest for every placement....Or, maybe it just imparts the most noticeable effects? ALL of the Fixed-signs seem to make themselves especially noticeable, with the possible exception of Taurus.

No.
(10chars)

Ukpoohbear

In case you haven't noticed, Modernist astrologers haven't demoted Pluto at ALL. :smile::wink:

As for astronomers, why should astrologers care what THEY think about astrology?

It still happened though. Pluto has been blown out of proportion on an archetypal status and it got a big dose of reality. A chink in its armour it probably needed.

Last edited:

david starling

It still happened though. Pluto has been blown out of proportion on an archetypal status and it got a big dose of reality. A chink in its armour it probably needed.

I could turn that around: Astronomers are frightened by Pluto, even though most of them claim they don't "believe" in astrology. So, they attempted to devalue it.

In ancient Greece, the Big Three archetypes other than Cronus/Saturn, who was defeated and locked away after the War of the Titans, were Zeus/Jupiter, Poseidon/Neptune, and Hades/Pluto.

Most Modernist astrologers see Pluto as on a par with Saturn when it comes to strength and importance.

Bunraku

Pluto most likely is a literary device to add spice to the reading. People just try to look for dramatic experiences so they look for verbs and adjectives to spice up a banal & mundane readings.

Bunraku

Whenever someone leads a sentence with pluto I immediately roll my eyes and can predict how the interaction is going to go.

sentR89day

Give me a sexy Aries anyday! Forget about Scorpio, at least for now! :happy:

Scorpios tend to destroy themselves because of their need for revenge, so they can be unwise, so I'm not sure why there's this obsession with these Scorpions!

I also think that Taureans can out-stubborn Scorpios too! I just think that some Scorpios and Plutonians are antisocial enough to kill and torture just to get a one-up above the law! :devil:

BOOGY99

Scorpios tend to destroy themselves because of their need for revenge, so they can be unwise, so I'm not sure why there's this obsession with these Scorpions!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I know this post is all about Scorpio, but I do think it applies to (In my case) Pluto conjunct the Ascendant too. I have lost count of how may times I have tried to destroy myself, only to transform with a new look and bounce back.
I feel the Pluto energy. Pluto is powerful