Pluto 3rd house in aspect to mercury

or1000

Hey everyone,

I’m a pluto 3H person, with pluto making a trine aspect to mercury 11H.
What are your experiences as a pluto 3H house with restless communication, internal chatter, obsessive thinking and the need to constantly digging deeper in any form you possible can? I have this recent thing of needing to be writing out my thoughts. A stream of them on paper, to alleviate. It’s worth noting that I have a Mercury-Neptune 4H & Uranus 5H opposition. With a pluto trine to mercury I feel this very strongly and it is a part of my everyday life.

Be great to hear some of your thoughts! Love and light!

Lykanized

Hey everyone,

I’m a pluto 3H person, with pluto making a trine aspect to mercury 11H.
What are your experiences as a pluto 3H house with restless communication, internal chatter, obsessive thinking and the need to constantly digging deeper in any form you possible can? I have this recent thing of needing to be writing out my thoughts. A stream of them on paper, to alleviate. It’s worth noting that I have a Mercury-Neptune 4H & Uranus 5H opposition. With a pluto trine to mercury I feel this very strongly and it is a part of my everyday life.

Be great to hear some of your thoughts! Love and light!

You and I seem to have so many chart similarities. Just before going on, do you have any other Mercury aspects? Any aspects to other planets, perhaps Mars? I have Pluto 3H too with the trine to Mercury, but I think other aspects are at play too, including those oppositions which I have too

Last edited:

Lykanized

Ok I'm off mobile now
I share all those placements with you except both my Uranus and Neptune are in my 5th house and both are in opposition. I also have Mars 1st house sextiling. Do you have a Mars aspect too?

It definitely owes to an everlastingly active mind, seeking depth, but with the unending creative avenues of Uranus and the 'lost in thought', 'separated from reality' Neptune aspect

My mind never ******* shuts up, that's all I have to say. With the oppositions, I think there's a lot of iconoclasm to the thought process, but also the risk of getting into these states where you question if you've gone too far, risk of overwhelming your own self, even possible semi-psychosis. I call it semi-psychosis because I don't believe in drawing boundaries as to what's true and what's not which in itself I think is a thought process I can drawn back to those aspects of mine

It's intense...It's definitely intense and it can tire you out. Writing out my thoughts has always been essential. Automatic writing is a practice I've engaged in for a long time which I think can be linked to Neptune as well as maybe some other aspects coupled with it

overthinking(thinking yourself into negative or destructive territories), tendency to push people away because you want to get to the bottom of things and others don't necessarily care to, tendency to bring conversations to territories that turn others off or even scare them, pushing boundaries within yourself and with others which risks push them away completely, with that Uranus hard aspect in addition to the Pluto 3rd house in aspect to Mercury, well you may be a provocateur. You can see below I've owned that in myself

Oh yeah, I believe with that placement and aspect to Mercury, your words can either heal or destroy. As with the nature of Pluto, they may either magnetically pull people in, or divisively push them away..they can transform either you or others and it's up to you whether that's for the good or the bad

You may have a tendency to think you know the truth and others are just hiding from it, or maybe that's just me. And if you're from the Pluto in Scorpio generation, there's that fixed stubbornness there at the aide

Last edited:

loveNlive

I have a 3rd house Pluto in Virgo. So Mercury rules the 3rd house in Gemini, and it also rules my natal chart 3rd house in Virgo. Not to mention Mercury was retrograde at my birth turning things inward.

I too have difficulty with the incessant communication, the chatter that goes on inside my head, obsessive thinking, and the desire to get to the bottom of almost EVERYTHING! I seem most times to feel that there has to be more to whatever I'm experiencing.

I have Pluto conjunct Uranus, trine Saturn and trine Mars, and opposing Venus. But, the 3rd house within itself is where perceptions are formed. With Pluto here we notice most things and we want to talk about them or write about them, or communicate them in some other way. I am learning that this is valuable to do, but in a constructive way as not to force people into conversations that they do not want to engage in. This is still a bit tricky for me.

But I find for myself, that I am able to perceive to some degree a persons intent. I pick up on ques from their body language, facial expressions, hesitations in speech or quickness in speech. Also, octaves in their voice, preoccupations of thought. These can be quite subtle and it has taken me quite some time to understand that everyone is not attuned to this and there is no reason that they should be. I have a tendency to make intuitive connections with a VAST amount of data.

And also, there are times when something seems incredibly obvious to me that others just don't see. It is somewhere lurking in their subconscious. Or sometimes they are in complete denial and choose not deal with it. If I am careful not to draw conclusions, I usually hit the nail on the head with uncovering the energy that I perceive. As an easy example: someone I am talking to gives me subtle ques that they are nervous although their words are telling me a different story. Instead of coming up with my own determination as to why they would be nervous I either leave it at that or ask questions to which somewhere down the line they may tell me that they are nervous and why.

This is a fascinating thread - thanks!

loveNlive

I have a 3rd house Pluto in Virgo. So Mercury rules the 3rd house in Gemini, and it also rules my natal chart 3rd house in Virgo. Not to mention Mercury was retrograde at my birth turning things inward.

I too have difficulty with the incessant communication, the chatter that goes on inside my head, obsessive thinking, and the desire to get to the bottom of almost EVERYTHING! I seem most times to feel that there has to be more to whatever I'm experiencing.

I have Pluto conjunct Uranus, trine Saturn and trine Mars, and opposing Venus. But, the 3rd house within itself is where perceptions are formed. With Pluto here we notice most things and we want to talk about them or write about them, or communicate them in some other way. I am learning that this is valuable to do, but in a constructive way as not to force people into conversations that they do not want to engage in. This is still a bit tricky for me.

But I find for myself, that I am able to perceive to some degree a persons intent. I pick up on ques from their body language, facial expressions, hesitations in speech or quickness in speech. Also, octaves in their voice, preoccupations of thought. These can be quite subtle and it has taken me quite some time to understand that everyone is not attuned to this and there is no reason that they should be. I have a tendency to make intuitive connections with a VAST amount of data.

And also, there are times when something seems incredibly obvious to me that others just don't see. It is somewhere lurking in their subconscious. Or sometimes they are in complete denial and choose not deal with it. If I am careful not to draw conclusions, I usually hit the nail on the head with uncovering the energy that I perceive. As an easy example: someone I am talking to gives me subtle ques that they are nervous although their words are telling me a different story. Instead of coming up with my own determination as to why they would be nervous I either leave it at that or ask questions to which somewhere down the line they may tell me that they are nervous and why.

One more thing - it is beneficial to note that my Mercury is in Aries in the 10th house conjunct the midheaven and so it would be helpful to share my perceptions in a public way through some form of communication.

or1000

You can feel whatever you're experiencing so deeply due to your mind digging, digging - eventually it becomes contradicted... a disappointment?

Pluto conjunct Uranus - I suspect this aspect creates quite a lilith feel to aspecting personal planets like venus? Possibly?

With Pluto 3H, I wanted to bring up this point, that we notice most things, your perception of the world. In psychological astrology, that i've been studying, i think that this house should be given this name of the house of perception, expectation of the world. Although it may be that I pick up on and identify with it like this due to the trine with Mercury.

I still find it difficult to accept that this is the way my mind works, I am attuned to everyone's voice, body language etc, because it can be groundbreaking, and really influence your emotions.

I try to be careful not to draw conclusions, and i too can ask a lot of questions before the person reaches their own answer.

Fascinating thread you say- Thanks for your participation in the thread!!!

Last edited:

or1000

Ok I'm off mobile now
I share all those placements with you except both my Uranus and Neptune are in my 5th house and both are in opposition. I also have Mars 1st house sextiling. Do you have a Mars aspect too?

It definitely owes to an everlastingly active mind, seeking depth, but with the unending creative avenues of Uranus and the 'lost in thought', 'separated from reality' Neptune aspect

My mind never ******* shuts up, that's all I have to say. With the oppositions, I think there's a lot of iconoclasm to the thought process, but also the risk of getting into these states where you question if you've gone too far, risk of overwhelming your own self, even possible semi-psychosis. I call it semi-psychosis because I don't believe in drawing boundaries as to what's true and what's not which in itself I think is a thought process I can drawn back to those aspects of mine

It's intense...It's definitely intense and it can tire you out. Writing out my thoughts has always been essential. Automatic writing is a practice I've engaged in for a long time which I think can be linked to Neptune as well as maybe some other aspects coupled with it

overthinking(thinking yourself into negative or destructive territories), tendency to push people away because you want to get to the bottom of things and others don't necessarily care to, tendency to bring conversations to territories that turn others off or even scare them, pushing boundaries within yourself and with others which risks push them away completely, with that Uranus hard aspect in addition to the Pluto 3rd house in aspect to Mercury, well you may be a provocateur. You can see below I've owned that in myself

Oh yeah, I believe with that placement and aspect to Mercury, your words can either heal or destroy. As with the nature of Pluto, they may either magnetically pull people in, or divisively push them away..they can transform either you or others and it's up to you whether that's for the good or the bad

You may have a tendency to think you know the truth and others are just hiding from it, or maybe that's just me. And if you're from the Pluto in Scorpio generation, there's that fixed stubbornness there at the aide

Hey, I believe we do have similarities. I dont have aspects to mars, no. Moon, Chiron, Jupiter yes, and Venus. My moon and mercury are very much tied together, because I feel very deeply what I know. I have Mars just touching my ascendant by a square, though thats quite different, my ascendant is virgo so it is mercury ruled.

It definitely owes to a deep mind with these oppositions coming in can seem like a semi psychosis like you say. I think with placements, its something to be careful of, at least from my own viewpoint. Automatic writing is essential.

Aspect to Mercury, your words can either heal or destroy for sure. And it makes for a good understanding of this within yourself push to the forefront.

Due to all the subtleties we pick up.... i think we're closer to the truth a lot of the time.

Oh, i'm from Pluto sag generation!!

Last edited:

loveNlive

"You can feel whatever you're experiencing so deeply due to your mind becomes contradicted. And its almost a disappointment?"

I have experienced the "disappointment" a couple of times. And it was more like a fracturing of my core being. Disappointment is mild for how I felt. I couldn't understand what the point was in me even continuing to live. And probably only a couple of times because I had spent so much time unraveling each experience. I have come to understand that EVERYTHING is a contradiction, EVERYTHING. There's always at least two ways of perceiving the same thing. For me, the two "disappointments" were religion as a whole and science as a whole. My ego felt secure with all of the information that I had amassed giving structure and guidance on how to navigate my life safely. When I reached the point in my research to where I would say to myself, "Wait a minute, this doesn't make sense. If ALL of this is true, then how can ALL of that be true?" I hit a wall each time and withdrew, fractured into a million tiny pieces. The first time was the hardest, and the second time I came out of it with much more awareness. But I feel it was only because the first time had softened the blow.

or1000

"You can feel whatever you're experiencing so deeply due to your mind becomes contradicted. And its almost a disappointment?"

I have experienced the "disappointment" a couple of times. And it was more like a fracturing of my core being. Disappointment is mild for how I felt. I couldn't understand what the point was in me even continuing to live. And probably only a couple of times because I had spent so much time unraveling each experience. I have come to understand that EVERYTHING is a contradiction, EVERYTHING. There's always at least two ways of perceiving the same thing. For me, the two "disappointments" were religion as a whole and science as a whole. My ego felt secure with all of the information that I had amassed giving structure and guidance on how to navigate my life safely. When I reached the point in my research to where I would say to myself, "Wait a minute, this doesn't make sense. If ALL of this is true, then how can ALL of that be true?" I hit a wall each time and withdrew, fractured into a million tiny pieces. The first time was the hardest, and the second time I came out of it with much more awareness. But I feel it was only because the first time had softened the blow.

Wow. Religion and science. I’m sorry to sound morbid but it does come as ‘what’s the point in living then’ type of response for me. I’m searching for proof all the time. I have a venus-pluto, so if you’re familiar with this aspect, you can imagine what I’m talking about. That’s why I asked about there being a Lilith feel to aspects to your personal planets. Lilith can feel like pluto-Uranus conjunction from my knowledge. Recently I’ve been looking heavily into people’s motives and trying to understand them. Disappointment. I’m working on trying to manipulate this energy so that’s it’s not causing me this wound.

Last edited:

loveNlive

"Pluto conjunct Uranus - I suspect this aspect creates quite a lilith feel to aspecting personal planets like venus? Possibly?"

Well, I'm not sure because Black Moon Lilith sits in between my conjuncted retrograde Pluto and my retrograde Uranus, all three opposing my Venus in fiery Aries. The energy is so intense and welded together until I don't know how to pull any of it apart to compare it to what Lilith may feel like on its own aspecting my Venus. The intensity feels immortal or other worldly. Definitely something in which to take considerable care and perhaps something I may never fully comprehend in this life. It feels so fated, like do or die.

Uranus and Lilith together bring wild, and unpredictable changes in my life. One thing to note here is that it doesn't feel as wild and unpredictable to me as it does to others. I cannot begin to count the number of times people have tried to talk me out of doing something. Normally it is a very gentle conversation because I don't take kindly to anyone forcing their ideology on me and others sense that. I'm open to conversation in which I determine the route that I'll take and that route is normally abstract and unorthodox - not so easy to go along with. Especially in relationships. And although I am saddened at times that I don't have support from a plethora of people, I still push forward with my own way of doing things. I feel like if I don't, I'll wither away.

Lilith aspects Pluto, Uranus, Part of Fortune (all conjunct), and then Venus, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune, and Chiron. So, I really don't know anything else other than Lilith aspecting all of my planets with the exception of Mercury and the luminaries.
But, Lilith is in my third house (Mercury) and in Virgo (Mercury).

"Wow. Religion and science. I’m sorry to sound morbid but it does come as ‘what’s the point in living then’ type of response for me. I’m searching for proof all the time. I have a venus-pluto, so if you’re familiar with this aspect, you can imagine what I’m talking about. That’s why I asked about there being a Lilith feel to aspects to your personal planets. Recently I’ve been looking heavily into people’s motives and trying to understand them. Disappointment. I’m working on trying to manipulate this energy so that’s it’s not causing me this wound."

Where is your Neptune placed and how is it aspected? I ask because I can feel what you are going through with trying to understand people's motives. Like perhaps you may be searching for the ideal (Neptune) but you are being met with the hidden reality (Pluto). Also, what aspect is Venus making to your Pluto and what house and sign is Venus in? And through what lens do you filter your 3rd house Pluto? Was there a traumatic experience in your life in which your perception was tilted towards suspicion and mistrust of people and maybe for a very good reason? Like that became the focus of your very penetrative mind and therefore you engage in continuing to find motives that aren't to your liking within others pretty consistently?

loveNlive

"With Pluto 3H, I wanted to bring up this point, that we notice most things, your perception of the world. In psychological astrology, that i've been studying, i think that this house should be given this name of the house of perception, expectation of the world. Although it may be that I pick up on and identify with it like this due to the trine with Mercury."

What a beautiful expression of the 3rd house "the house of perception, expectation of the world." With Pluto (the underworld) in the 3rd house (intellect and the mind) no wonder we pick up on the motives and intent of others. Those things that are not tangible in this Saturnian reality. And then we have expectations of the world based on our perceptions. I find it interesting to get some footing on understanding how our individual perception has been created. What I have found for myself is that my perception has been created through me seeing some hidden energy and then exposing it through speech - and innocently exposing it. Then me being demonized by those who either were in denial of what I've exposed or who are not conscious of their motive/intent. In either scenario I was wounded by the demonization. And I didn't expose something of an easy nature, it was something of a deep Plutonian nature, and taboo. But again, I innocently exposed it - and I suffered for it. My expectations of the world? I will suffer for talking about what others do not want to see or what they just do not see. My wounded Mercurial Pluto expectation in a very penetrative, focused, deep intellectual way is that people's motives/intentions are of the shadow side and they are in denial or they are not aware. This has been my filter for the majority of my life. And it has perpetuated my wound.

Your verbal expression of the third house is short and POWERFUL!

Lykanized

I would guess there's a tendency to think oneself into the void of meaningless or wondering if there is any meaning to all of this, to even question if you're just an avatar playing a part in some bizarre game. I have Venus septile Pluto, tho, and I believe that aspect looks for purpose and beauty and a poetry to everything. Apparently, it's oddly drawn to the beauty of all that pierces below the surface and so that there may be a romance with the void

Lykanized

Hey, I believe we do have similarities. I dont have aspects to mars, no. Moon, Chiron, Jupiter yes, and Venus. My moon and mercury are very much tied together, because I feel very deeply what I know. I have Mars just touching my ascendant by a square, though thats quite different, my ascendant is virgo so it is mercury ruled.

It definitely owes to a deep mind with these oppositions coming in can seem like a semi psychosis like you say. I think with placements, its something to be careful of, at least from my own viewpoint. Automatic writing is essential.

Aspect to Mercury, your words can either heal or destroy for sure. And it makes for a good understanding of this within yourself push to the forefront.

Due to all the subtleties we pick up.... i think we're closer to the truth a lot of the time.

Oh, i'm from Pluto sag generation!!
Do you have a tendency to ask so many questions it either annoys people or makes them feel onguard with you like you're challenging them? I have that habit. Pluto in the 3rd and of course aspecting Mercury definitely craves the truth, going beneath the surface and even further, as far as it can get. And that's not always comfortable for people. I find myself having to say a lot "I'm not challenging you, by the way, I'm just wondering". I'll ask things out of sheer impartial curiosity which may come off like I'm challenging people. I don't think there's the doggedness of Saturn aspects, but there's definitely more intuition, but some questions need to be asked to form that intuitive picture. I will say that I know our Plutos are in different generations and maybe mine being in water owes to more intuitive thinking, especially since the trine means my Mercury is in a water sign

And maybe you're right, but I always love to keep an open mind

Last edited:

loveNlive

I would guess there's a tendency to think oneself into the void of meaningless or wondering if there is any meaning to all of this, to even question if you're just an avatar playing a part in some bizarre game. I have Venus septile Pluto, tho, and I believe that aspect looks for purpose and beauty and a poetry to everything. Apparently, it's oddly drawn to the beauty of all that pierces below the surface and so that there may be a romance with the void

Where are you with this realization in your life? Have you surrendered to it with it being a septile? Or was there even a need to surrender? I ask because with my unawareness of the energy of Pluto being in opposition to Venus it has taken me a considerable amount of time to even understand what you so eloquently just wrote.