Some advice about my ascendant, please?

SilverOlive96

Hello community!

To be honest, I'm quite new to this page and astrology in a more advanced sense, so I would like to ask for some advice concerning my birth chart and something I'm struggeling to find the answer to. (Sorry for any mistakes I make btw, I'm not a native speaker)

I always knew that my sun sign Pisces fits me very well and starting to learn more about the other planets in my chart, I am quite happy with what I found out and everything is basically something I can work and identify with. I'm a pisces sun with a pisces moon e.g. with a lot of aries influence and a bit of scorpio and aquarius (hardly any earth signs). The only thing that seemed really unfit in my chart is my ascendent Virgo, something that I can see in myself too to some extend, but it doesn't feel like me at all. It seems to clash with a few things in my chart and my current future outlook. Most of the websites I visited said it was challenging but they don't really offer solutions.
So I'd like to know a bit more about the rising sign and how it affects you. Does it get weaker after a while? And how can it manifest?

I suppose you (as an individual) can possess enough independence and determination and optimism to pursue and achieve your goals anyway, but how does it work and how should you treat it?
Do you have any advice for me?

Grüße and thanks,
Olive :)

Last edited:

EsmerSilver

The ascendent is an important part of a person's natal chart, it is the chart ruler.
It controls our physical appearance too.
But more importantly, the strength of a planet or point varies from peraon to person. I may have a weak mars so it would not be a big influence on my personality compared to say a stronger planet.
Your chart shows Piscean themes and as you mentioned nothing earthly besides your ascendent.
You don't "connect" with Virgo's behaviour but you are it. And that manifests itself in you constantly analysing your own predisposition.
Add to that, your sun is in Pisces, your descendent("shadow side") so you naturally gravitate towards Pisces.

SilverOlive96

The ascendent is an important part of a person's natal chart, it is the chart ruler.
It controls our physical appearance too.
But more importantly, the strength of a planet or point varies from peraon to person. I may have a weak mars so it would not be a big influence on my personality compared to say a stronger planet.
Your chart shows Piscean themes and as you mentioned nothing earthly besides your ascendent.
You don't "connect" with Virgo's behaviour but you are it. And that manifests itself in you constantly analysing your own predisposition.
Add to that, your sun is in Pisces, your descendent("shadow side") so you naturally gravitate towards Pisces.

So would you say, since my descendant is Pisces, I could be drawn towards my piscean side which could balance out the Virgo ascendant? I don't know if I'm getting the descendant right... 😅

And if the ascendant is the ruler, which role do sun and moon play in the chart building up my personality?
I don't know if I'm right with this but looking at my moon, I kind of feel like the double Pisces in my chart might be a bit stronger than my earthy Virgo influence.

Last edited: