The mind flu

eekndyn

I cant seem get over this mind cold I caught a few year back. I am curious what rules endorphins or dopamines. Having a hard time seeing the light.

Frisiangal

A Google check of many sites found astrologers placing the chemicals under a sign, whereas such is usually confined to a body area and not its function. The latter comes under rulership of a planet.

The best site I found was that of Sharon Ward who provided a detailed account of research into Fatigue and the possible use of Dopamine in relieving it.

As dopamine is a 'buck me up feel good' chemical, she suggested Mars with Jupiter.
Aries is strongly associated with rulership of the head and the brain, so Mars energy as functioning for it is not surprising. Jupiter is the planet of 'good spirits'.
Neptune has general rulership over chemicals.

In cases of lack of positive energy, a harsh aspect between Mars-Neptune might be in the chart. With Neptune's transit through its own sign, it could act (negatively) stronger in creating low spirits

When I come down with a 'physical' cold, I don't even bother to check my chart. Either transiting Mars or Neptune is invariably influencing the other. I go very Neptune, feel sorry and full of self pity for myself and take myself off to a warm(Mars) bed(Neptune) to get over both. :biggrin:

Other forms of 'cold' might have a similar effect. Also look at aspects between Saturn to Neptune. Cold ice.:wink:
Moon would add 'the mood'.

Last edited:

eekndyn

Thanks for directing me to that article. I knew moon carried a heavy weight with mood and emotions. That "buck me up" you were referring to is what I am curious about. I can now see it being mars. Mars is my chart ruler. T. In Libra in addition to loads of harsh aspects. Happy I am still on this side of the dirt

katydid

I have seen a pattern with Moon/Mercury afflictions where the native has difficulties getting anything done or being motivated in daily life or regular routines.

Moon square Mercury in mutable signs or cadent houses, especially when aligned with malefics like Saturn or Mars, IMO. Or Moon inconjunct Mercury , as it can also be very difficult to focus.

It often brings about situations where one does not want to take care of basic issues that keep one healthy, clean, housed and fed. It can indicate depression and exhaustion. :pouty:

One example, a woman I know well, with Sun in Gemini, and Mercury in late Gemini squaring her Virgo Moon, conjunct Saturn.

On one hand she is a bit of a perfectionist. She is a film editor and sits for hours looking at every frame of a film, fixing and perfecting. And yet she ignores and rejects basic daily routines like showering and brushing her hair, and forgets to pay her monthly bills and always gets things shut off and pays late charges regularly. And :wink:for no apparent reason other than she forgot or didn't feel like doing it...

Last edited: