Am I an Aquarius or Capricorn?

A

Anonymous

Hi!

I was born jan 20, 1979 and I'm not sure whether I'm a Capricorn or an Aquarius. Some horoscopes cut off Capricorn at the 19th, others the 20th? I have traits of both:

Capricorn: ambitiuos, disciplined
Aquarius: idealistic, artistic, independent

I've been inclined to think of myself as an Aquarius as I really identify with the artistic side of it, but there are traits which aquarians supposedly have which are contrary to me:

Aquarians are supposed to be disconnected with their emotions and are very social: I'm very sensitive, and am very shy.

Is there any definitive way to figure out exacty which sign I am so I can be more confident that I'm reading the correct horoscope?

P

pantheraven

You're on the Aquarius and Capricorn cusp.
The cusp is for when someone is born between the 19th and 22nd of each month, the withold both traits in their sun sign. :) Hope that helps!

T

TheEmeraldEmpire

Unsure

Sure....you're born during the cusp period, but technically...you are one or the other. Without a birth time and actually running your chart...don't know. You need to go to Astrodienst.com and run your chart with your birth time for more information.

baker

I completely agree with Emerald Empire, you are or you aren't, so check you chart. Honestly, I see more asc influence than "cusp" stuff. AND I and NOT trying to start a discussion about cusps here, honestly, just weighing in. Love to everybody, cusp or not.

Lapis

whoami,

My sister was born on Jan. 20th also and her Sun is 0 Aquarius 01'. We thought she was a Capricorn for years and the only way you can know for certain is to have an accurate birth time and then a computerized (especially for these super close cusp ones) natal done.

C

capriquarius

whoami said:
Hi!

I was born jan 20, 1979 and I'm not sure whether I'm a Capricorn or an Aquarius. Some horoscopes cut off Capricorn at the 19th, others the 20th? I have traits of both:

I've been inclined to think of myself as an Aquarius as I really identify with the artistic side of it, but there are traits which aquarians supposedly have which are contrary to me:

Aquarians are supposed to be disconnected with their emotions and are very social: I'm very sensitive, and am very shy.

Is there any definitive way to figure out exacty which sign I am so I can be more confident that I'm reading the correct horoscope?

hello :)
I'm a fellow Capriquarian, so I know how you feel! :wink:
When I was a teenager, I swore I was more Aquarius than Cappie, but as I get older, the Cappie side is more apparent.

I am a Cappie Sun (last degree before it changed signs), but also have an Aquarian Moon, and was born during the cusp, near when the signs changed, so I am quite a mixture of both, which is an odd combo... How can one be both shy AND outgoing, both traditional AND futuristically minded? Ask a Capriquarius. We'll tell you. :p

Actually a lot of us cusp-born people (any cusp) have the same sort of questions as you do. Two signs in succession on the astrological wheel have little in common, and it depends on the day or mood as far as what sign you are projecting, IMO. Also, if your ascendant, moon or other planets lie in those two signs as well, it tends to strengthen its effect to some degree.

If you'd like, feel free to PM me your birth time and place (country or state if USA is okay for this, I don't need the exact city if you are uncomfortable giving that sort of info), and I will tell you exactly what Sun Sign you are, by looking in an ephemeris.
The Sun changes signs on different days/times of day in different years, so the time of day is very important to those of us born on or near cusps.

As far as reading your horoscope...
I've found that if I read the general "Sun Sign" horoscopes (like in the newspaper), its actually a bit more accurate if you read your SUN, MOON, and RISING SIGN and put them all together. Still, its always better to have a personal horoscope done, according to your specific birth data.

Cheers.

K

kat

whoami said:
Hi!

Oh Aquarius have emotion and sensitivites and are not as disconnected as one might think but rather see things for what they are , it is not always their place to question it.
A fact is a fact why try to change it (some reasoning)
They can figure it out by means of deductions.
I saw a fellow once who called his mate over to see a star , she got very upset and cranky then stormed away. I said what is going on , he shrigged and said I disturbed her in her studies.
Anyhow you did not mention any real Capricorn key words.
Do look it up according to time , birthplace and location.

Summery Joy

Everyone's right. A birth place and time are needed to get to the exact placement of the sun.

However, whether your Sun is here or there, Mercury was in Capricorn all that day. You will have Cappie pattern of thinking and communication making them structured and somewhat traditional even if you are an original, independant Aquarius.

Hope I've been helpful.

LVaries

Everytime I cross the border from Tijuana into the U.S.or vice versa, it makes a world of difference, that fence. That's the way I view cusps. You are either in "mexico" or the "u.s.". What confuses people on the cusp is if their Mercury is in the sign of dispute.

johnmike59

Speaking of Mercury, doesn't he rule this Capricorn - Aquarian Cusp?

I have a friend who was born on January 18 and she claims this Capricorn/Aquarian cusp. My brother is a Capricorn and my sister is an Aquarian, so I think I can gauge which way she 'trends' if you will.

I view her as a Capricorn, because she does REALLY fall on the Capricorn end of the Cusp, but there are elements (not as many as she would like) of an Aquarian about her. Her Gemini Ascendant and her Virgo Moon? That is A LOT of Mercury.

ginkgoman

Hi, I'm a new member but I couldn't help commenting on this strand...
I was also born January 20th and very close between the two signs, very much like the sister of "Lapis". My sun is (00 aquarius 05') and spent many early years assuming I was capricorn too before I discovered I was really aquarius. Compounding the effect is that I have capricorn rising by 21 degrees and the bulk of my planets are coincidentally "also evenly divided between aquarius and capricorn". It's amazing how close a person can get to being in the middle, balancing between the two signs yet still, ur sun is one or the other. heheeee, like one of the members said, "ur standing on one side of the border or the other". I like what Capriquarius said, "read ur newspaper's 'sun sign' horoscope by combining what's written for ur sun, moon and asc signs ..to get a rounded feel" Wink wink to Capriquarius!
Well, just looking at the ephemeris for ur B-day of January 20th 1979, and not knowing ur ascendant, that day shows the sun as capricorn and my guess is that you probably are capricorn. Ur mercury and mars are also in capricorn and to me that means ur going to think and act like one anyway, despite ur squared moon saying you don't feel like one. ...Infact!....Infact for you.., I suspect that when you discover what ur moon is ... and learn about that!,... it will open a new door for you. You may begin to understand where all ur artistic, and idealistic feelings may really be comming from. and shed light on why discerning which way u should lean feels important. Coz baring ur ascendant, houses and proximity of ur sun to the cusp, there's really no planets in ur chart in the sign of aquarius. However, learning something about ur moon in 'LIBRA' may actually answer many of ur questions and bring these feelings into balance for you! Yes, I suspect it will feel like u've opened a whole new door. You know, I read somewhere, "ur moon is really ur core and ur soul!" But definately yes, have a chart generated and know for sure. Btw, Happy Birthday in advance !

Last edited:

gaer

ginkgoman said:
Well, just looking at the ephemeris for ur B-day of January 20th 1979, and not knowing ur ascendant, that day shows the sun as capricorn and my guess is that you probably are capricorn.
In my time zone, the Sun moved into Aquarius at almost exactly noon, so at least in some time zones, the chances of the Sun being in either sign is rought 50/50.

In addition, Mars is at 0 Aquarius at noon. This is an unusual situation. Usually we can tell the sign of every planet but the noon just by having the right day, and even the Moon is often in the same sign for the whole day.

My advice to anyone who has questions as to signs, for any planet, is to check first to see if a copy of their original birth certificate contains the correct information.

Saturn was square to both Venus and Neptune that day. This in itself would add a seriousness to the personality (Sarturn square Venus) and perhaps a tug of war between conservative thinking (Saturn) and idealism (Neptune), with Neptune conjunct Venus deepening idealism but perhaps adding rose-colored glasses, a tendency to over-idealise.

I'm mentioning these aspects to show how complicated it is.

Without a birth-time this birth-chart would be an unsolvable puzzle without great insight coming from the person whose birth-chart it is.

Gaer

sorry, but it really irritates me when people say....."i am a bit of both, I am on the cusp".......I have had year long argument with a friend born on the 22 NOV........he claims he can be both sun signs(scorp and sag).........that is bollocks.....if your at the beach on the sand, you hardly can say your swimming, even though you are near to the water!!!!!.......you need your time of birth......even if your sun is 00' 01 aqua.....you are an aqua sun...........but also remember, you are much much more than just your sun sign anyway........

Sorry to be so snappy(this topic just fires me up cos my friend that i have been arguing for a year with this, he just wont listen.....grrrrrr!).......Its actually good you have asked.......May you learn heaps more here

Last edited:

smilingsteph

I do not agree with it either is or it isnt.
If you are a cusp person there is some blending of the two signs that are on the cusp. The wonderful thing about astrology is a personal, artistic interpretation. If you feel with within your interpretation that you are a bit of both , than you are a bit of both. Technically there is a distinct sun sign that is you, but since a single hour can alter what your sign is then it would be of ignorance to think that there is no blending of that cusp sign into your actual natal sign when it comes to who you are. I believe that you know your personality best, and with that said if you feel that these two signs are a culmination of what you percieve to be your personality, then that is what it is for you!
I would also like to add, as you may already know that the sun sign is just a piece of the unique puzzle that is you. It would be nice to see how the other planets and positions relating to the sun, so that you can see the other aspects to who you are.
CAPRICORN/AQUARIUS

"AQUEESIES--the squeegee: In the ozone, pure and simple. Not of the earth. Don't even try to figure them out. Terminally spaced out. This sign rules lost mail, the government bureaucracy, selfless individualism and decentralized fish.
Tem Tarriktar
Cardinal Earth & Fixed Air a water carrier with thunder & lightening. Saturn & Uranus must work together to make this work. At first glance they seem to be a threat to each other with Uranus threatening the structures of Saturn whose rings say "pass not," the walls of civilization, protection from the elements, guidelines and dogmas which have stood the test of time we are supposed to be able to count on. If you happen to be in prison you will be glad to have Uranus find a way out. If you are so fenced in you can't breath Aquarius is a real breath of fresh air. If you go far enough to get lost you will look for something Saturn provides, protection you can lean against, a resting place. When you come home to Capricorn you can expect a very uncomfortable lecture about how foolish you were to run away but you will find enough shelter to rest until you are ready to take off again. As for Saturn & Uranus, they make way for our evolution when the structure no longer fits our increased awareness of something else which just doesn't fit the structure we have become accustomed to. I like the example of the chicken hatching from the egg shell ruled by Saturn. The life of the chicken depends on the shell breaking at just the right time. If it breaks too soon, the chicken will not survive. If it fails to break when the chicken is ready to step out, the chicken would not survive. As soon as the chicken is able to survive outside the shell Saturn takes over the structure and the boundaries which identify the chicken as a chicken. This applies to civilizations as well. Too many times we have allowed the civilization to fail and had to start over. I believe we will be able to survive this transformation this time. In order for the individual to be comfortable with this cusp they must be able to enjoy the learning process, the journey through life without being thrown off balance by even major changes that are unavoidable. Nothing happens to us that doesn't have some benefit if we could recognize the benefit. You may surprise your acquaintances by being "gung ho" at one minute and turn back at the next. You love your freedom and are willing to make changes but you also recognize a need for security. The better able you are to keep a balance which does not overly limit your freedom and yet maintain your security the better you will be able to live on this edge.

smilingsteph

By the way, why argue the subject of one's personal feeling in relation to their sign? Is arguing getting you anywhere? I mean, it is like saying that we all live in a box; four sides and you, with no deviation. I think that people are scared to think that there may be a blending of things in life, which means that they actually have to deal with the fact that life has uncertanties that maybe they cannot deal with, so the box idea is safer. Ebb and tide are the ways of life! So trying to tell someone it is not right to be a bit of both is ignorant.

I argue with my friend cos he only reads the 12 star sign horoscopes..... As a friend i cant let him go on thinking he is a 6th of the population all rolled into one! (2 sun signs scorp and sag)......whats wrong with facts, and listening to someone who knows more on a subject than you?......people love walking around ignorant, and seeing as i need to live on this planet too, i think i can say so! ( i hope others would do the same for me too.)
what i would like to ask is if you say that you can be a blend, then where does it stop? up to 15 degrees either side of the cusp? there needs to be somewhere to stop...... thats why the signs change at the cusp......
Why make it more difficult? And is it possible that in thinking that you have a blend going on, you are actually just missing the energies of other aspects or configurations in the rest of your chart?

Sorry smilingsteph, dont take this personally........

gaer

smilingsteph said:
Technically there is a distinct sun sign that is you, but since a single hour can alter what your sign is then it would be of ignorance to think that there is no blending of that cusp sign into your actual natal sign when it comes to who you are.
Regardless of blending or not blending re the sign the the Sun is in, it can change sign in about a minute. :)

gaer said:
Regardless of blending or not blending re the sign the the Sun is in, it can change sign in about a minute. :)

Thats pretty particular.........how much more precise can you get?

It sounds alot more worthy than just the date of birth deciding your sunsign.

I guess you can ignore this info or go with it and be sure of where the stars were at your birth!

smilingsteph

We all have a sun sign, but there is no denying that there are energies from the other sign that can perhaps influence the individual. In this case, this person is a 0 degrees and something, whatever. However, if the sign were to be entering into a new sign at the time, meaning moving forward then he could be considered a pisces...not a Capricorn...Since he is at a zero degrees he is very far from being a pisces sun person. If he were at a late degrees capricorn then it would be easier to say that he was a cusp, mix of the two. Now there is still that influential play here, even within a few degrees forward or back he can still feel the pull from the other sign, I believe that it is more so with the forward movement, meaning late degree capricorn moving into aquarius.
I am not sure as to what degree we are talking here, some believe three, some five, some none at all (as you are what you are).
However, I happen to think that this member knows how he feels, it is not right for one of us to say that what he feels is wrong. He may also have other influential factors that may shed more light to this issue. Of course what would give any indication is the location of birth and time of birth.
Liquid Green,
No harmed feelings here! I see where you are coming from.
Astrology for many is a way to organize and make sense of what and how they feel or react to life. If this person feels the connection to both signs, then maybe it will help him/her to make sense of the why he/she feels that these qualaties apply...maybe organizing will help to give an answer, thus in turn creating less difficulty.