The Moon and the flow of events

Bulletbobb

In his book Frawley advocates using the Moon to show "the flow of events" (p.83), and suggests a maximum orb of 5 degrees for football (80 minutes or more). p.85
I'm not sure I understand what he means. An American football game lasts about 3 hours (and not the 60 minutes he seems to suggest on p.100). If he advocates using the Moon in real time then the maximum orb would be about 1.5-2 degrees, and not the 5 degrees he seems to suggest.
Anyone have any ideas on this?
BTW, how long does a European 'football' game last?

Regards,

Bob

fensi88

Europen football last 1st half time 45min, pause 15 min and 2nd half another 45min. So it is, regular time, 1h45min, but if it gets in extra time(for example it is draw and it must be some result for one team or another), that is another 2x15min and if it is still draw, than game finished with penalties.

Thanks for pointing that out, I do not know last of american football game, is it regular time which you are talk about or with some add time? How it is possible that times that Frawley said and your time are so differente?

Bulletbobb

Here is what he says about the orb allowed for the Moon:
Football (80 minutes or more) max 5 degrees (add one degree if extra time possible)
Football (less than 80 minutes): max 4 degrees (add one degree if extra time possible)
cricket (1-day): max 13 degrees
cricket (county or test): until end of Moon's present sign.

A 1-day cricket match couldn't last more than about 12 hours (?), so that would be 6-7 degrees for the Moon, if he's using real movement.
What is the significance of that 80 minutes figure for your football?
Now for 'our' football. he refers to a game with a 6-degree orb, and says that's too far for American football. Then he says "It can indeed be a long time from kickoff to the final whistle, but at 4 periods of 15 minutes, it's one of the shortest forms of football".
Our football does have four fifteen minute periods, but that 15 minutes is when the game clock is running, and it's frequently stopped. In theory the game is 60 minutes lohg (compare to the 80 minutes mentioned before), but in actual prictice the games run about 3 hours, including the half time break. And longer if there is overtime.
He seems to be contradicting himself. It appears that our football games are actually longer than your football games.
Did you find anything of interest at the Jack Gillen site?

Regards,

Bob

fensi88

Did you find anything of interest at the Jack Gillen site?
From some reason I could not manage to went to that yahoo group, only index page of Jack Gillen. It seams that we who have IE browser can not do that?

fensi88

Any ideas on the Moon thing?
Why do not ask Frawley himself? Write to him on same email where you order book. I think it will be usefull to him to hear your opinion.
And than tell us his answer.

This usggestion about yahoo gruop is excelent, but when I came there my Explorer pop up some message that it will be shut down. So I must wait December when I plan to buy new computer and visit that link. Thanks.

Bulletbobb

An answer from Frawley

Several days ago I sent an email to John Frawley asking for clarification on his use of the Moon in sports charts. That email and his answer are given below. I would like to be able to say that his answer has made everything clear to me, but unfortunately I'm as much in the dark as I was before. If any of you can puzzle out what he means, and would be kind enough to explain it to me, then I would be very much in your debt!

Bob

John:

I have your Sports Astrology book and am studying your 2nd chapter, on game charts.
I don't quite understand how you apply your orbs for the Moon, especially regarding American football. On page 100 you seem to be aware that the games can be rather long, but then you refer to 4 fifteen minute periods as indicating a short species of football. I believe our game is longer than one of your games .
There are 4 such periods, but that is only when the game clock is running. In the real world the total game runs about 3 hours, more if there is overtime. Baseball is about the same, basketball perhaps 2.5 hours.
Also, I don't understand the 12 degree orb for all-day cricket. Surely that would be about 6-7 degrees for the Moon?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Bob
Hi Craig,

The point is the theory of the thing: soccer by its laws takes 90 minutes; US football 60 minutes - even though those 60 minutes are spread out over a greater length of time. We're not talking about the Moon's real movement through that time: 13 degrees is what works for one-day cricket

Best regards,

John

Kingsley

Re: An answer from Frawley

I have been doing my own research on AFL games in Australia. For two seasons now I am just getting familiar with how fickle these charts can fluctuate from the system. The system I am trying to establish may not be a system. I have found that the moon can represent the "favourite" and also at times show by aspect how the teams might approach the game. I don't find that the moon is any indicator of the winner though. Unless that is, she rules the 5th house.

The highest outcome I have had in one round is 7/8 which involves no understanding of teams and injuries etc. There seems to be a "corrupt" understanding of home games versus who wins the toss of the coin to choose which direction they will kick off. Sometimes it works one way and then the other but in the end choosing the 1st and 7th significators proves itself corrupt.

The Moon is at least descriptive of how a game might swing or be especially aggressive etc. She points out something significant to the game (like event charts might) but rarely points to the winner.

kingsley

Bulletbobb

You might want to buy Frawley's book and use that as your starting point. Whatever shortcomings it may have it is far and away the most complete treatment of the subject in print, as far as I know.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Bob

LionKing

You know I read all of the scroll of what was posted and some-what confused to what you are doing. First off the moon only moves 1 degree every two hours and for you to add that many degress just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
I have been experimenting and yes, still doing so. I'm not using just the moon but aspects that are like unto the house of rulership. And yes it is the 1st and 4rth for the home team, and 7th and 10th for the visiting team. I haven't seen anything that has this perfected yet, but I'm starting to see things a little better. This is a technique from William Lilly's books, and other authors.
I will keep visiting this room and share with you some of the things that I have found and I will see if you have found out anything also. Thanks much. V/r LionKing