Are they together?

astroner

I always have difficulties with these types of questions. Should the ASC belong to the woman I'm asking about??

I asked if they were together and/or like each other. It's about the same man that works @ my son's school & his co-worker. I got a bit jealous today when
I saw them talking :devil: -- lol..I can't help it. So wanted to know what you guys think.

Mercury in Pisces is rx & she's in the 7th house (if this is her?), but she's conjunct Mars. Would her rx state make her change her mind about him? He's Jupiter detriment in Gemini..not sure how to read for 3rd party questions, or am I Mercury???? Oh Mercury is also combust?

Here's the chart..

2hfj2ah.png

Thank you in advance for your help

misskitty

Horary questions aren't supposed to be asked by taking yourself out of the equation, otherwise it is considered spying and not a valid question.

You have to place yourself in the chart. You are Mercury, he is Jupiter. Now what do you see?

misskitty

Also, if this is about the same man you've asked several questions about this month already, I would suggest that the chart is probably not valid and that you should step away from horary for a few weeks. Asking about the same person/situation over and over again only leads to more muddied and confusing charts.

astroner

No, I only asked once about this man. This is the 2nd time. (He's not the birthday boy)

Co-worker I suppose she would be 6th house ruler, Saturn. Saturn rx in Scorpio, or should I use his 6th house instead?

If I use his then she would become the Sun. Hmm, not sure I can pick anything else up..

Last edited:

dr. farr

Answering your question (from the more oldtime horary perspective, ie, as practiced before Bonatti in the 13th century), if asking about a "them" (a couple or a potential couple), the 7th house would represent "them", thus the lord of the sign on the 7th house would be the planetary significator of "them" (the couple as a unit, ie AS a couple) If querent were NOT involved (directly) in the matter, and the question was mostly about the woman of the said couple, then the 1st house would be the woman's significator, the 7th house the man (of the couple) significator; however, if the question was mostly about the man of the said couple, it would be the reverse (1st house = man, 7th house the woman)
If using the 7th house (and its significator) for the couple-as-a-unit, and one wished to further break it down and look at EACH of the 2 persons of that couple, then generic significators would be used: Mars (generally) for the man (Mercury if for a very young man, the Sun for a middle age man, Saturn for an elderly man), and Venus (generally) for the woman (Moon could be substituted IF Venus were already "taken" as being significator of the 7th house of the couple-as-a-unit)

misskitty

Thanks for the clarification. I personally would approach it by assigning you as Mercury, there in his first house showing your interest in him. He is Jupiter, and he is (like Mercury) in detriment but he is conjunct the 10th house cusp, giving him accidental dignity. Mercury and Jupiter are in mutual reception by sign (the strongest form of reception), as well as the fact that Mercury will Retrograde back soon and square Jupiter. The Moon gives a boost by trining Jupiter, and moon is your co-significator.

I would assign Venus to the other woman. She is in his 12th house, where she is secret and hidden. It's interesting that Venus is applying a square to Jupiter.

So yes, it looks like there is something going on and he is caught in a little triangle. Both women are applying a square to him showing future activity. However, their square happens without reception. Yours has reception plus that help from the Moon, although if anything happens between you there will be delays (shown by the square).

I don't think you have much to worry about as far as this woman is concerned. Just be patient and let it play out, would be my advice. :) Please come back and update this thread in a few weeks (preferably a week or so after Mercury goes direct).

p.s. I wouldn't worry as much about Mercury being combust. That's not as damaging for Mercury as it is for Venus, although some might disagree with me. Mercury's natural home is close to the sun.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Again.... these are all modifications to try to make the question be answerable. But if its not something that is about you, and if multiple people could and might ask the question then its not valid because of the multiple birthchart conundrum. Each specific question cannot have more than one birth chart.

The only person who can as this question is one of the two, asking "Does he like me?"

You can ask any question, but if its not a valid horary question then it moves closer and closer to a chance answer: 50% chance for one answer or the other.

BTW, there must be an aspect between the ruler of the ASC(the inquirer) or the Moon and the planet ruling the house of whatever is asked about, otherwise there is no action between them in the matter, and so if it were a valid question, there is enough of an aspect there to proceed, and the Moon is not VOC, or conjunct the Part of Fortune.

Z

astroner

Okay thank you all.

& wow misskitty, thanks so much I will definitely keep you updated ;)
The first question I asked regarding him had Mercury [me] Sq Jupiter [him] & applying by 4. I'm not sure if that perfected. I did see him when I wasn't supposed to see him, call it fate perhaps? A couple of days ago when I had to go to the office. The first time we were that up close to the other & staring at each other directly in the eyes while talking - wow! He's gorgeous :). I didn't even know he was going to be there. However, I do read playing cards & Tarot, playing cards confirmed that I would be seeing him that day & explained how - I was skeptical, but they have always proven correct with their "predictions" regarding him =3.

Thank you very much, will keep you updated!

By the way misskitty, maybe it was actually 2 days because that's when we got to see each other by "surprise", March 1st. 2 Days after this horary :). But will see if anything else happens.

Thanks for the clarification. I personally would approach it by assigning you as Mercury, there in his first house showing your interest in him. He is Jupiter, and he is (like Mercury) in detriment but he is conjunct the 10th house cusp, giving him accidental dignity. Mercury and Jupiter are in mutual reception by sign (the strongest form of reception), as well as the fact that Mercury will Retrograde back soon and square Jupiter. The Moon gives a boost by trining Jupiter, and moon is your co-significator.

I would assign Venus to the other woman. She is in his 12th house, where she is secret and hidden. It's interesting that Venus is applying a square to Jupiter.

So yes, it looks like there is something going on and he is caught in a little triangle. Both women are applying a square to him showing future activity. However, their square happens without reception. Yours has reception plus that help from the Moon, although if anything happens between you there will be delays (shown by the square).

I don't think you have much to worry about as far as this woman is concerned. Just be patient and let it play out, would be my advice. :) Please come back and update this thread in a few weeks (preferably a week or so after Mercury goes direct).

p.s. I wouldn't worry as much about Mercury being combust. That's not as damaging for Mercury as it is for Venus, although some might disagree with me. Mercury's natural home is close to the sun.

Last edited: