True Love and the Sun/Moon Midpoint

missxchief

I fell down a rabbit hole yesterday and decided to calculate some sun/moon midpoint synastry aspects between celebrity couples.

The sun/moon midpoint is basically the halfway point between the sun and moon in ones natal chart. It is the point where ego and soul connects, the yin and yang, the husband and wife, the blending of your feminine and masculine energies. It is an extremely powerful and sensitive point in ones chart, and absolutely worth paying attention to. When a luminary (sun or moon) or personal planet of another person conjuncts your sun/moon midpoint, it activates that point of inner harmony for you and indicates a significant connection. Being around them makes you feel balanced and complete. Watch for transits and progressions too.

A few guidelines:
*the closer the orb, the stronger the connection.
*conjunctions and oppositions are THE SAME and also known as the “near” and “far” midpoints. squares also are powerful.
*quindeciles and soft aspects can also work, but dont hit as hard.
*the midpoint person feels it more than the planet person, but the planet person can feel it too because the energy is reflected back from the midpoint person.
*it can also hits harder if the midpoint owner has difficult or no sun to moon aspects in their natal chart.
*midpoint conjunct midpoint is also very significant, as we will see below.
*sun/moon midpoint abbreviated to Su/Mo

(nb: I calculated these using 12 noon birthtimes, so the orbs may be a little loose. But given how powerful this point is and that they involve lumanaries, hopefully allowing a wider orb still demonstrates these aspects.)

Case study 1:
*Ashton Kutcher’s Sun conjuncts Demi Moores Su/Mo and their Su/Mo midpoints are conjunct.
*Mila Kunis’s Sun conjunct Ashton’s Su/Mo
interpretation: Mila and Ashton have the best hollywood love story. They met on set when she was 14 and he was 19, played love interests on that 70’s show, dated and married other people but ultimately ended up together 20 odd years later. Theres a clip somewhere saying how he knew from day one that they were meant to be together. so sweet!

Case 2: *Kylie Jenner’s Sun conjunct Travis Scotts Su/Mo
*Kylies sun conj Tygas moon
intepretation: Kylie and Travis met when she was with Tyga. They broke up and Travis and Kylie hung out at coachella, got pregnant a month (!!) later, and now they are a happy family. true love!

Case 3: *Miranda Kerr Su/Mo conj Orlando Bloom Su/Mo.
*Evan Spiegal Sun conj Miranda Kerr Su/Mo
*Katy Perry moon conj Orlando Bloom sun.
intepretation: Miranda and Orlando had the same midpoint energy and shared a strong bond but unfortunately, what they couldnt find in eachother was someone who can integrate their sun and moon energies. They were able to find it in their new partners. In every interview its clear Miranda is obsessed with Evan, and she fell in love with him straight away.

Honourable mentions:
*Jay-Z moon conj Beyonce Su/Mo
*John legend moon conj chrissy tegan Su/Mo and conjunct Su/Mo midpoints.
*Joe Alwyn venus conj Taylor Swifts Su/Mo. She wrote the song ‘Gorgeous’ about him. listen to the lyrics, enough said!
*Prince Philip sun conj Queen Liz Su/Mo - married 72 years
*Goldie Hawn sun conj Kurt Russell Su/Mo
*Pink sun conj carey hart Su/Mo and her sun opp his moon
*Sarah Jessica Parker sun square Matthew Broderick Su/Mo
*Jason Momoa moon square Lisa Bonet Su/Mo
*Amal Clooney moon square George Clooney Su/Mo
*Bono moon conj Ali Hewson Su/Mo and square Su/Mo midpoints
*Kirk Douglas sun square His wifes Su/Mo and conj Su/Mo midpoints -married 65 years
*Kyra Sedgwick sun square Kevin Bacon Su/Mo
*Victoria and David Beckham have conj Su/Mo midpoints squaring their beautiful venus-mars conjunction
*Celine and her late husband Rene had double whammy sun square eachothers Su/Mo and square Su/Mo midpoints

personal experiences:
*My husband and I have conjunct Su/Mo midpoints AND his Sun squares my Su/Mo.
*My close girlfriend of over 23 years has the same birthday as my husband, hence the same sun square Su/Mo aspect.
*Another close girlfriend of 19 years has same Su/Mo midpoint as me.
*Former-fwb had his venus square my Su/Mo. insane attraction.
* Ex who I’m still friends with has his mars conj my Su/Mo
*My mothers NN is conj my fathers Su/Mo.
*My Sun is exactly conjunct & Moon loosely square my crush’s Su/Mo and his NN is conjunct my Su/Mo. most powerful intimate connection I’ve ever felt, I am blown away by him! Also why Ive done so much research on this to try to make sense of it all. I know, I am in big trouble. XD

Have you had your sun/moon midpoint activated in synastry?
Im also interested to hear if you have had it activated by someones luminary and felt nothing at all.

ElenaJ

Very interesting, thanks for making all this research available to us.
My midpoint is 14 Aquarius opposite my husband's 18 Leo sun.

Cary2

Banned
With two charts that have exact birth data, what orb do you allow for Sun or Moon aspecting the other's Su/Mo midpoint?

ElenaJ

Curious, looking at Case 1.
For example, Ashton Kutcher with Demi Moore shares sun conjunct sun/moon and both sun/moon conjunct. But... they divorced. (Actually his new moon sun/moon conjunction squares her full moon sun/moon opposition.)
Ashton Kutcher with Mila has only sun opposing sun/moon (you wrote conjunct but this might just be an oversight she is a Leo opposing his Aquarius sun/moon). And this is the love of his life.
Attaching four charts, Ashton is always the base, with each woman both in synastry and in composite.
Actually, his astrological tie with Moore is stronger than the one with Mila.
So, how do we explain this with reference to the sun/moon midpoints? Why did he divorce the one to marry the other?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 22.30.22 copia.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 22.30.22 copia.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 22.31.07 copia.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 22.31.07 copia.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 22.31.56 copia.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 22.31.56 copia.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 22.32.37 copia.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 22.32.37 copia.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

wan

I think the Sun/Moon midpoint can be important. My own is at 2 degree Libra. It is also in my seventh house. Said house starts at 12 degree Virgo and ends roughly at 18 degree libra, which is where my Pluto is located very close to. And quite a few of the men I was romantically interested in were either Libra or Virgo. I don't know the exact degrees their Suns were but I imagine that they fell within this "reactive zone" of my chart. My midpoint was probably activated by some of them.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I calculated my Sun and Moon placements: 26' Aquarius sun+20'Aquarius moon (326+320=646 divided by 2=323). It's in the same sign anyway: 23' Aquarius.

https://cafeastrology.com/sunmoonmidpointrelationship.html

And the sabian symbols might be clues on true love, romance, marriage, sexual relations and compatibility of my partner.

*AQUARIUS 22-23*
*A woman making lace*
Withheld from the personality spotlight. To you intrinsic, fine things matter exquisitely and being somebody does not. A highly distinctive form of service keyed to a slow, steady, inward sensibility. Very little connection with the here and now. Eternal foundations. Needing to be humble, sober, and plain in order best to be transparent and effective, you are remarkably detached from your own reputation or outward impression. Dreaming new worlds into being. Cast loose on an infinite sea. Yet being circumspect, quiet, and not particularly noticeable. A super subtle edge between poverty and riches, surface and depth. Knowing your way in the dark. And intent upon completing each task and carrying it through; nothing more, nothing less.

*AQUARIUS 23-24*
*Ancient runes carved at random on gray rocks.*
Learning ultimate things the hard way. You have to put yourself totally into every realm to experience it for yourself, with a zeal for empirical wisdom or the wild edge of the scientific method. The experimental test case is yourself. And you are out there all alone in vast, uncharted territory, just the way you like it. You've been granted the chance to prove things, to follow them out quite far, bearing a determined intelligence with karmically-trained faculties of subtle perception. However, objectively speaking, this is an intensively arduous and relentless way to do it, without safeguards or precedents, relying upon the moment's edge. If you can be tirelessly strong, doing it this ruggedly will prove to be the only way to go if you wish to uncover future territory without imprinting bias or distortion upon it. You just have to invent the wheel in yet another dimension.

Last edited:

1nluv

The site doesn't seem to work, it just keeps spinning but doesn't open a chart.

Are you using IE? It says at the bottom of the input box that it doesn't work with Internet Explorer. Try using a different browser. You should get a list of all your midpoints plus interpretations, as I was able to do. FYI I'm not affiliated with the site so I'm not able to help beyond this.

ardentika

I've always found the midpoints fascinating but I'm yet to experience one. I've never had someone activate my midpoint. Well just one really good friend. She ahs her NN exactly on my Su/Mo and it took about a year to recognize each other.

Apart from that I've felt strong connections without it being triggered, but then I haven't had a long-committment. I also have Uranus Square my Su/Mo , so perhaps natal aspects matter too a lot.

ellie04

I've S/M midpoint at Aqua 28° and my ex has Venus/Saturn opposite my midpoint (1° and 3°). I did feel like he's the one but I felt he wasn't ready for marriage and our fate passed when we broke up. Interestingly I met another guy many years later with the same Venus/Saturn placement again opposing my midpoint but at wider degrees. I also feel he's the one.

However, this kinda contact does not guarantee longevity or true love like the Ashton/Demi's example.

ElenaJ

I've always found the midpoints fascinating but I'm yet to experience one. I've never had someone activate my midpoint. Well just one really good friend. She ahs her NN exactly on my Su/Mo and it took about a year to recognize each other.

My husband's sun is opposite my sun/moon, something I've only discovered recently. It apparently works very subtly.
What did you feel with the NN contact to Sun/moon?

ElenaJ

Remember to keep a tight orb with the midpoints.
Interesting that yours is "calling" out partners to your Venus/saturn. Is there something else being activated in your chart to account for this coincidence?
About Ashton/Demi, keep in mind that they are divorced! He left for another woman, and if you look at the synastry charts above, his was actually better with Demi than with the second woman. No accounting for karma!

ellie04

Remember to keep a tight orb with the midpoints.
Interesting that yours is "calling" out partners to your Venus/saturn. Is there something else being activated in your chart to account for this coincidence?
About Ashton/Demi, keep in mind that they are divorced! He left for another woman, and if you look at the synastry charts above, his was actually better with Demi than with the second woman. No accounting for karma!

Are you replying to me? It's not my Venus/Saturn. It's their Venus/Saturn conjunction opposing my midpoint but at wide orbs for the 2nd guy so I guess it doesn't count, but why then do I feel so attracted to him? They even have similar planets - Cancer/Virgo/Leo.

Re Ashton/Demi... precisely my point, they have the midpoint connections but he still cheated on her and swiftly ended up with Mila. What kinda true love is this?

ElenaJ

Sorry about that confusion. So it's your midpoint that is opposing their Venus/saturn.
How do you explain that in your chart? What do Venus and Saturn represent in your natal?
This also confirms that it's the overall picture that counts.

The Ashton/Demi/Mila example was an interesting exercise, but the problem doing celebrity charts is that we won't have any feedback, and also we have no idea really what these people are like "behind the scenes", we only know their public faces. The charts give us an idea, but depending on how mature and advanced they are spiritually, the same aspects can play out in different ways, and we don't know how they are handling them.
Especially in the acting business, where Neptune is so basic to their work, some succumb to drugs and alcohol, some are just weak characters, and others are creative, but it's very difficult to know which form it takes, from where we are. It's quite a bit of second guessing, isn't it.
If I write you about an aspect, you can reply yes it is like that, or no it takes another form, and we can develop the general thread. Demi and Ashton won't give me any feedback, will they!

ardentika

My husband's sun is opposite my sun/moon, something I've only discovered recently. It apparently works very subtly.
What did you feel with the NN contact to Sun/moon?
It was a friendship and it took time to develop but its been amazing. I feel like a relationship should be like it. There is so much mutual understanding and support. Barely any fighting (Libra midpoint). or ego battle...

Scherzy

I fell down a rabbit hole yesterday and decided to calculate some sun/moon midpoint synastry aspects between celebrity couples.

The sun/moon midpoint is basically the halfway point between the sun and moon in ones natal chart. It is the point where ego and soul connects, the yin and yang, the husband and wife, the blending of your feminine and masculine energies. It is an extremely powerful and sensitive point in ones chart, and absolutely worth paying attention to. When a luminary (sun or moon) or personal planet of another person conjuncts your sun/moon midpoint, it activates that point of inner harmony for you and indicates a significant connection. Being around them makes you feel balanced and complete. Watch for transits and progressions too.

A few guidelines:
*the closer the orb, the stronger the connection.
*conjunctions and oppositions are THE SAME and also known as the “near” and “far” midpoints. squares also are powerful.
*quindeciles and soft aspects can also work, but dont hit as hard.
*the midpoint person feels it more than the planet person, but the planet person can feel it too because the energy is reflected back from the midpoint person.
*it can also hits harder if the midpoint owner has difficult or no sun to moon aspects in their natal chart.
*midpoint conjunct midpoint is also very significant, as we will see below.
*sun/moon midpoint abbreviated to Su/Mo

(nb: I calculated these using 12 noon birthtimes, so the orbs may be a little loose. But given how powerful this point is and that they involve lumanaries, hopefully allowing a wider orb still demonstrates these aspects.)

Case study 1:
*Ashton Kutcher’s Sun conjuncts Demi Moores Su/Mo and their Su/Mo midpoints are conjunct.
*Mila Kunis’s Sun conjunct Ashton’s Su/Mo
interpretation: Mila and Ashton have the best hollywood love story. They met on set when she was 14 and he was 19, played love interests on that 70’s show, dated and married other people but ultimately ended up together 20 odd years later. Theres a clip somewhere saying how he knew from day one that they were meant to be together. so sweet!

Case 2: *Kylie Jenner’s Sun conjunct Travis Scotts Su/Mo
*Kylies sun conj Tygas moon
intepretation: Kylie and Travis met when she was with Tyga. They broke up and Travis and Kylie hung out at coachella, got pregnant a month (!!) later, and now they are a happy family. true love!

Case 3: *Miranda Kerr Su/Mo conj Orlando Bloom Su/Mo.
*Evan Spiegal Sun conj Miranda Kerr Su/Mo
*Katy Perry moon conj Orlando Bloom sun.
intepretation: Miranda and Orlando had the same midpoint energy and shared a strong bond but unfortunately, what they couldnt find in eachother was someone who can integrate their sun and moon energies. They were able to find it in their new partners. In every interview its clear Miranda is obsessed with Evan, and she fell in love with him straight away.

Honourable mentions:
*Jay-Z moon conj Beyonce Su/Mo
*John legend moon conj chrissy tegan Su/Mo and conjunct Su/Mo midpoints.
*Joe Alwyn venus conj Taylor Swifts Su/Mo. She wrote the song ‘Gorgeous’ about him. listen to the lyrics, enough said!
*Prince Philip sun conj Queen Liz Su/Mo - married 72 years
*Goldie Hawn sun conj Kurt Russell Su/Mo
*Pink sun conj carey hart Su/Mo and her sun opp his moon
*Sarah Jessica Parker sun square Matthew Broderick Su/Mo
*Jason Momoa moon square Lisa Bonet Su/Mo
*Amal Clooney moon square George Clooney Su/Mo
*Bono moon conj Ali Hewson Su/Mo and square Su/Mo midpoints
*Kirk Douglas sun square His wifes Su/Mo and conj Su/Mo midpoints -married 65 years
*Kyra Sedgwick sun square Kevin Bacon Su/Mo
*Victoria and David Beckham have conj Su/Mo midpoints squaring their beautiful venus-mars conjunction
*Celine and her late husband Rene had double whammy sun square eachothers Su/Mo and square Su/Mo midpoints

personal experiences:
*My husband and I have conjunct Su/Mo midpoints AND his Sun squares my Su/Mo.
*My close girlfriend of over 23 years has the same birthday as my husband, hence the same sun square Su/Mo aspect.
*Another close girlfriend of 19 years has same Su/Mo midpoint as me.
*Former-fwb had his venus square my Su/Mo. insane attraction.
* Ex who I’m still friends with has his mars conj my Su/Mo
*My mothers NN is conj my fathers Su/Mo.
*My Sun is exactly conjunct & Moon loosely square my crush’s Su/Mo and his NN is conjunct my Su/Mo. most powerful intimate connection I’ve ever felt, I am blown away by him! Also why Ive done so much research on this to try to make sense of it all. I know, I am in big trouble. XD

Have you had your sun/moon midpoint activated in synastry?
Im also interested to hear if you have had it activated by someones luminary and felt nothing at all.
ashton 's sun moon midpoint is in aquarius
mila's sun is in leo
where is the conjunct????