QUINTILES REVEALED: Learn how your Quintiles can positively affect personal image

waybread

A question: on astro.com in my natal chart, it shows a few bi-quintiles, but when I generate a 5th harmonic chart there are many more that appear, some as conjunctions that are not in my natal, and others marked as bQ or Q.

Why do only some appear in the natal and then others in the 5th Harmonic? Are the ones in the natal the strongest...? Or is that not how it works? :whistling:

Quintiles in your 5th harmonic chart indicate a 5x5 aspect, or the 25th harmonic. If you divide a quintile (72 degrees) by 5 you should get a separation of planets by 14.4 degrees or its multiples.

Harding and Harvey in Working with Astrology see higher harmonics as reinforcing the core meaning of the basis prime numbers. But if planets engaged in a 25H relationship are making a big difference to your life, you should see it showing up in some more typical way in your chart.

waybread

I know of two basic ways to read a harmonic chart.

One is to consider what the harmonic is all about (5=talent and ambition, 7=inspiration, 4=challenge, tension, and manifestation, &c) and then to read the chart through that particular lens. So a 4H chart really isn't about everything and anything the way your radix ("root") chart is. A quincunx in your 4H chart should show you where you need to focus your energies of dealing with tension and manifesting the involved planets in a positive way, by the nature of the apex planet. Really all a 4H chart is, is a different way of showing you oppositions and squares in your natal chart.

The other way is simply to note the aspects between the planets that contact one another in a harmonic chart, and then to port that information back to your radix chart. With the 4H, much of this is obvious because most chart softwear shows you the squares and opposition aspects anyway. With a quincunx in your 4H chart, what are those planets doing in your natal chart, notably the apex planet?

I have to stress that in working with harmonics, we need a decent grasp of the core meanings of planets and aspects. Then they are what you work with. There couldn't possibly be a big enough astrological cookbook to cover all of the possible planetary combinations in all of the different harmonic charts.

So for someone to ask a question like, "What is the meaning of my Juno quintile Saturn in my 14th harmonic chart?" is nearly impossible for anyone else to answer. You have to start with a basic grasp of the natal chart as your foundation, and then build from that. Remember, harmonic relationships are really only minor aspects. A 14H chart (7x2) would show something about the individual's inspirations (7-series, or septiles) but also about the oppositions or frictions (2-series) that they would encounter in manifesting it.

sandstone

Banned
mj82

doing a 5th harmonic chart will highlight al planets in any 5th harmonic relationship... quintiles 72, biquintiles 144, 1/2 quintile-36, 1/4 quintile-18 and etc.. etc... david hamblin just released a very good book called the spirit of numbers which discusses harmonic charts based on the significance of numbers from 1 up to 32... he's the same author who wrote a book back in the 80's or thereabouts called 'harmonic charts'...

back to your query.. the reason you will see more in the 5th harmonic chart is due the fact planets can come together in a 5th harmonic chart thru more then just the better known quintile or biquintile aspects... 5 is a number associated with creativity and goes beyond the square thinking of 4, lol... hey all these numbers have some relevance, but i suppose when you get to 5 you are on a different wave where thinking out of the box is more in keeping with the number... if folks are interested in the quintile aspect, i think the best way to understand them is to understand harmonic charts, and the 5th specifically...their might be other harmonic charts that are more dominant to the natal chart then the 5th harmonic... it helps to know what you are looking at, and i guess that is where observation and asking questions comes in..

caveat : i have not read all the comments on this thread!

hmsni

Wow....just saw this thread...its awesome.....
i have a few quintiles/biquintiles too...
venus quintile neptune
venus quintile uranus
mars quintile jupiter
asc biquintile neptune, uranus and venus.
moon biquintile NN.
( all between 0 - 2 degrees ).

But, i also want to know about the Tredecile aspect ( 10th harmonic - 108 degrees). I have read that its not very common and of big consequence.
I have mercury tredecile mars ( 0 degrees)
does anyone know what this means?
would appreciate if anyone could interpret it, since unlike the quintiles and biquintiles, there doesnt seem to be much info about this online.......

fullmoonlibra

A Quintile is a 5th harmonic aspect that has an angle of 72 degrees. For quite some time now, it's been seen as a minor harmonic, similar to the Semi-Sextile, indicating "talent" and "vaguely fortunate circumstances". Yet I always sensed more to Quintiles than just "vague fortune". The reason why it didn't make sense for me to ignore Quintiles is because we focus on every harmonic up to the 6th-- except for the 5th? A Sextile is the 6th and last common harmonic, so wouldn't a Quintile, being a 5th harmonic, be an important thing?

After much research in the details and nature behind Quintiles, I have both discovered and unlocked the key to Quintiles. As I originally was, you will be suprised to figure out that they are in fact one of the most important and prevalent aspects within your chart! I am going to explain how your Quintiles take on very ASC- like qualities and how they are very much visible to others.

A Quintile is essentially an aspect that displays energy which others clearly see within you, yet you yourself do not realize you have-- though the ability to build upon it is there once recognized. For example, Barack Obama has Jupiter Quintile Pluto very tightly by 0.01 degrees (one minute). This indicates his ability to inspire hope and change, which is what Jupiter/Pluto is all about when working harmoniously. In fact, it was the media who originally coined the keywords "Hope" and "Change" to Obama's candidacy, not him. Of course, he was no fool and didn't wait to quickly adopt these keywords into his campaign! But realize that it was not Obama who originally came up with these definitions for himself. It was the people, because that's how they saw him. Of course, now that he is the first African American president, and now that people believe that he is the agent of change, he has the potential to bring about hope and change. In other words, he realized that because people think of him as hope/change, he essentially has the ability to build and ultimately embody himself to be so.

Quintiles give off the impression of a harmonious easy-going Trine to others, yet in reality work more as a Sextile to the individual. For example, I have a friend who is a shy Virgo. Yet at the same time, he has quite a sense of humor! Not only that, but he's easy to talk to as well! For the longest time, I couldn't figure out what it was in his chart that gave him easy-flowing communication skills for such a shy guy. Then eventually, I found it! His Mercury was Quintile his Ascendant. He has taken a recent interest in astrology, so when we were going over his chart I asked him if he felt that he had natural communication abilities, to which he said "kind of, but not really"... The funny thing here is that though I clearly saw his ability to communicate with anyone from all walks of life-- he didn't! His Mercury/Ascendant seemed very Trine-like and almost natural to his personality. Yet he didn't realize what he was capable of. Once I explained the nature of this Quintile to him, he realized that the Mercury/Ascendant worked very much as a Sextile for him, meaning he has the ability to build both his intellect and communication skills to higher levels if he truly believes that others see that talent within him! Which they do!

As I mentioned in the beginning, Quintiles take on very Ascendant- like qualities. If there are Quintiles in your chart, people Will see those qualities as apart of your personality. Especially astrologers. No exceptions. When I see Quintiles in someones' chart, I typically have this "AH-HAH!" moment where it's so blatantly obvious that they have that energy about them. And yet, how ironic is it that the individual themselves can fail to see it?

I would like to quickly touch upon something, and that is Quintiles being perceived as a possible "fakeness" to the personality. Quintiles will never look fake to anyone. Nor will they be fake. If someone has Venus Quintile Jupiter and is perceived to be popular when in reality that individual does not feel so, nobody will ever call that person "a fake" because the Quintile takes on a natural Trine-like appearance to others-- it only feels like a Sextile to the individual and nobody else!

To end this article, I will discuss one more example of a Quintile. And it's a good one. My friend, who is a Leo, has 7 Quintiles. That is alot!! Normally, if somebody has 3 or more Quintiles, than the Quintile energy is very much apart of their life. Anyways, he is seen as being sociable, entertaining, and not to mention a ladies man : )

Question:
So, is he in fact, all of the above?
Answer: Now he is. But he wasn't before.

He actually studies astrology, so I have taught him the principle of Quintiles. But beforehand, he actually wasn't all of the above. For example, if he started a conversation with a girl, he wouldn't believe that the girl would be interested in the conversation or even with him in general. Yet the reality was that his Quintile energy was very much leading her to believe that he is both fun and entertaining to be around. He just didn't know it. But now that he does, he can not only understand what people see in him-- but also build to improve those positive traits as well!!

Some quick technical notes: I use only Quintile and Bi-Quintiles. There are Tri-Quintiles, but I don't really take those into account. For the Quintile and Bi-Quintile, I personally allow an orb of 2 degrees, though from the research I've done it could be given the orb of any regular aspect, meaning up to 5 or sometimes even 6 degrees.

All aspiring and professional astrologers should know the importance of Quintiles, and I hope that this article brings much discussion, spreading, and distribution of Quintile knowledge!

Do you have any Quintiles or Bi-Quintiles?

Thank you so much!
What a nice coincidence to find an answer to my question..

Can you please explain more about the venus jupiter quintile?
Or am I being rude..
I have venus in taurus in tenth (sun also taurus, but in 9th), conjunct MC.
Venus forms a quintile to jupiter in pisces in seventh (some say in eight house, because of it's closeness to eight cusp).
Jupiter forms a sextile to MC.
So I suppose I will be fortunate in my career, or popular at work or something?

Last edited:

MJ82

A few questions, now this thread has re-emerged..

Where can one get a visual quintile/bi-quintile chart generated?

And what is the difference between the two? Which is stronger?

And do you have any insight into an almost exact Sun bi-quintile to Pluto? :bandit:

Dobrev

I've also read an interesting article on biQuintles and Quintles called: Quintles and Biquintle quirks

http://astrofix.net/2011/06/28/quintile-and-biquintile-quirks/

Basically, it says that these aspects can show quirks in our personality that people tend to like us more for. While other people can do the same and they won't be liked as much for.

Venus quintile Neptune: Finding stylized ways of expressing a universal love of humanity or sympathy for the human condition; having value-systems that centre around the submergence of individuality in the greater good; developing an elusive charm, able to attract others by one's air of caringness and sensitivity; a love of flowing forms in art, with no sharp boundaries or vivid effects.

Moon quintile Saturn: Adopting a style which involves strict control of feelings; adopting a 'hard' attitude to the world, with deliberate lack of sensitivity; dry humour; building defensive structures against the environment.

Sun quintile Midheaven / Nadir: May decrease the desire to develop styles and mannerisms whose purpose is to deceive or to hide the self.

Last edited:

Dobrev

A few questions, now this thread has re-emerged..

Where can one get a visual quintile/bi-quintile chart generated?

And what is the difference between the two? Which is stronger?

And do you have any insight into an almost exact Sun bi-quintile to Pluto? :bandit:
You can get the chart from astro.com in the Extended Chart selection

MJ82

You can get the chart from astro.com in the Extended Chart selection

Thank you. I selected Harmonic chart and entered in the number 5 into the day field as required. Is the 5th harmonic the only one that reveals quintiles, biquintiles? And do they just show up as conjunctions?

Dobrev

Thank you. I selected Harmonic chart and entered in the number 5 into the day field as required. Is the 5th harmonic the only one that reveals quintiles, biquintiles? And do they just show up as conjunctions?
The regular natal charts selected from the extended charts selection will show all of the minor aspects, including quintiles and biquintiles.

Akiva

my moon-mercury biquintile At 1 degree gives me a particular interest or aptitude to mythology and legend. I also find the struggles of different cultures interesting.

I could interpret that as quirky because I do tend to talk about silly things like mythology or dragons what have you and it's not necessarily in an overbearringly nerdy way :p so I guess that's a "biquintile quirk"

The only quintile in my chart(using a 30% orb)though so maybe it's stronger than people with several different ones? Or is it unaffected by other planets aspecting at similar angles?

Last edited:

Quicksilver82

Very interesting topic. I'm going to spend some time looking through these links today, but in the meanwhile, anyone want to take a look at mine? I have the following:

Jupiter (12th in Scorpio) Quintile Venus (9th in Leo)...

Attachments

• Natal.jpg
    Natal.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 21

MSO

Using the outers, I have 4 quintiles and 4 bi-quintiles. Not using them, it's 2 and 2.

I do have some questions about it though.

For one, I have Venus quintile Jupiter. Venus is in first, Jupiter is in 11th. In the first post, the OP said this aspect (Venus and Jupiter, that is) would make a person popular. Would a very badly debilitated Jupiter nullify that? I'm not popular.

I also have Moon and Saturn bi-quintile my ascendant. I'm sure the Saturn shines through for other people, but I'm not quite so sure how the Moon does. Maybe it does, but it's peregrine in the 8th and doesn't show much in any case.

I have no idea how to interpret this aspect, but for some reason I do feel it works. I'll need some more information before I can come to any definite conclusions.

Dobrev

Using the outers, I have 4 quintiles and 4 bi-quintiles. Not using them, it's 2 and 2.

I do have some questions about it though.

For one, I have Venus quintile Jupiter. Venus is in first, Jupiter is in 11th. In the first post, the OP said this aspect (Venus and Jupiter, that is) would make a person popular. Would a very badly debilitated Jupiter nullify that? I'm not popular.

I also have Moon and Saturn bi-quintile my ascendant. I'm sure the Saturn shines through for other people, but I'm not quite so sure how the Moon does. Maybe it does, but it's peregrine in the 8th and doesn't show much in any case.

I have no idea how to interpret this aspect, but for some reason I do feel it works. I'll need some more information before I can come to any definite conclusions.
I think Venus Jupiter could also manifest its self through luck in love, love of travel, indulgence, generosity, philosophy, art... things like that.

You say you're not popular... maybe you are well liked though :love:

Last edited:

brian

I have a few questions about quintiles and bi-quintiles. Here are the aspects:
Moon(Leo/6th house) bi-quintile Mercury(pisces/1st house)
Sun (Aries/1st house) bi-quintile Pluto(Scorpio/8th house)
Pluto(Scorpio/8th house) quintile Mars (Capricorn/11th house)
Venus (Taurusus/3rd house) bi-quintile Uranus (Capricorn/10th house)
Neptune(Capricorn/11th house) quintile North Node(Pisces/1st house)

My first question is what do these aspects mean? Also what does the last aspect (Neptune quintile North Node) mean because I can't find it anywhere?

Attachments

• natal chart 2.jpg
    natal chart 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 24

duenderoja

I have many quintiles and biquintiles in my chart. After reading your explanation, I can get behind it 100%. The quintiles DO describe how people view me. Really. These are the ways people describe me... luckily, I am very introspective and have been using these views for my own gain for a long time.

astro2gw01anonymous8555.gif

Andylop

Venus Quintile ASC

I've got Venus quintile ASC and now that you mention it...I don't see myself as particularly handsome...but lately most people have been telling me how nice I look, and it's kinda weird to hear, because, in my eye, I don't look charming or beautiful at all....Althouugh it might have to do with my Venus square Saturn aspect...I think that kinda brings a lot of judgement to my way of percieving beauty...

I've also got Pluto Bi-Quintile Ascendant...and pluto is in the 8th..and surprisingly enough, i've been told I act very mysteriously and can be very sexy at times.

paxton

Banned
What does Saturn biquintile ascendant mean? Here is my chart should it be necessary:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous_74490_15213.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous_74490_15213.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 18