The Yod

New Moon Libra

South Node as the Finger of Destiny?

Arian -- it was only after reading at the links you supplied about yods that I realized I could use my asc and south node in them. That being said, this presents a strange, but I sense, powerful experience in my life right now. The yod in my chart is cancer asc sextile taurus jupiter H11 and the finger is my sag south node in H6. Tr Pluto is conjunct my south node, too, a degree from galactic center. I had some conversation in the predictive section about the tr pluto cj sn without realizing a yod was involved.

From what I've read, the finger is "destiny"--but the finger is my south node. What do you make of that?

EDIT: After looking some more, I see two other possible nodes, depending on the orb allowed: aquarius saturn H8 sx sagittarius south node H6 both incon cancer asc (within 4 degrees), and, although this chart doesn't show my 15 degree pisces chiron, it's H9 incon to both leo mars H2 sx libra sun H4 (within 3 degrees). Are these each yods?

willshechart.jpg

Last edited:

Howl

Oo oo, Yods! I'm still trying to figure out my own take on my own Yod, so forgive me if I have nothing to offer as yet on the previous Yods, I'll work on it :) Here is my chart, Yod included

Saturn Libra 3H
Mercury Sag 6H
Chiron Taurus 10H (retrograde)

As the Third and Tenth are big houses for me anyhow, I have a sense of what the sextile feels like/is all about. But I'm not sure if a Yod with Chiron at the apex is similar to one with a personal planet at the Apex?? Perhaps not the same feeling of identity crisis as for Arian Mav? mmmmm.

Howl

Good news report!!! (for me at least :D) transiting moon has activated my Chiron apex yod, wohooo!

At 6.30 tonight my time, the moon was directly conjunct natal 10H chiron (which is apex of a 3H saturn 6H mercury yod). I was having coffee with a new friend, who utterly inspires me, but I had not been particularly familiar with her work, other than that she's always sounded very impressive for her age....

I found out she runs a small NGO that supports two NGO's on the ground in Kolkata, India, and she invited me to come with her in December and work there for as long as I want to!!! Basically, an amazing job offer, which although not highly paid (that's NGO work for ya), offers me the experience to complement my theoretical study in International Development.

I checked the time, expecting that the moon would be in aspect to something in my chart. As well as the Taurus 10H Chiron conjunction, it is also moving into sextile with my cancer true node.

As I've had little experience of how the Yod 'works', I'm keen to see how this opportunity unfolds....

Last edited: