self imposed celibacy

Claire19

hermetic said:
what's everyones take on this? what do you think would be factors found in natal chart that can suggest this?

In a young healhty male, to chose not to have sexual relationships, for years, seems a bit drastic. :eek:
In a way it could be psychologicaly associated with self punishment, mind over matter attitude, will exercises, but all this doesn't diminish it's very unnatural tone when one is not in a convent and living otherwise normal life.

What to look for in a natal chart? I am thinking Virgo influence, Venus Mars hard aspects, or Mars afflicted, but I would like to hear any more ideas
Saturn perhaps?

after I get some responses I will post a chart of a person involved, to discuss on it.

Please post the chart, we cant do much without. Strong 12th house aspects I would say. Saturn affecting the 5th, challenging Mars aspects. Mercury could indicate asexuality which is rare but not unheard of.

Claire19

prettypiscesxoxo said:
You are very lucky- CONGRATS;-) All the best, its not easy to save yourself for the right person- we definitely must share our experiences some time!!! All the best hun... xoxo C*

Quite honestly after years of experimentation, some promiscuity etc I feel that an evolved or more mature person comes to the conclusion that sex is only really satisfying in a relationship that is meaningful. MOst healthy people would get sick of casual sex as a way of life I feel. This, speaking as a woman. THere are so many dangers with disease etc associated with having physical relations with someone we dont know well. How many people do we really know the background of??? Or where they have been??? Many men for instance have some homosexual contact and dont call themselves gay.

Night Sky

I've worked this one out I think. To a certain point at least.

This is taken from "Pluto the Evolutionary" by Geff Green

"Pluto in the 2nd house leads to a strong physical and sexual need in these people. When this instinctual impulse is linked to self reliance, the result will be a strong masturbatory nature in these individuals when they are not involved in a relationship."

I have Pluto in the second house and... i can confirm... this is true.:38:

Green goes on to say that even in relationships they still do it. He states that the second house is the house which is like this, partly due to its polarity with the Eighth!!

The celibate chart also has Mars placed in the 2nd. This person loves themselves.:D

littlefury

Night Sky said:
I've worked this one out I think. To a certain point at least.

This is taken from "Pluto the Evolutionary" by Geff Green

"Pluto in the 2nd house leads to a strong physical and sexual need in these people. When this instinctual impulse is linked to self reliance, the result will be a strong masturbatory nature in these individuals when they are not involved in a relationship."

Green goes on to say that even in relationships they still do it. He states that the second house is the house which is like this, partly due to its polarity with the Eighth!!

The celibate chart also has Mars placed in the 2nd. This person loves themselves.:D

*puts hand up* I have Pluto in the second and I'd say that it was probably more true when I was younger. I think I got distracted when I had cable TV installed and suddenly had access to a plethora of science fiction and documentary channels 24 hours a day :p Personally it's not something I still do now that I'm in a relationship. When the real thing is there before you, forget the substitute!

Lissa

Night Sky said:

That's more than we need to know!:eek: