Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 04-21-2018, 09:29 AM

Re: Chat Thread

Why do people always portray Cancers as crazy?
Like stab people type crazy?

Iíve never met these kinds of crabbies???

Unread 04-21-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedCrab View Post

I have not seen that kind of violence in a Cancer energy person, that I can think of.

I have seen more of an emotional meltdown kind of crazy. Like inconsolable crying that does not stop, even at the birthday dinner. lol
Unread 04-21-2018, 10:45 AM

lol. I'd never hurt anyone physically out of anger. I'd only ever physically hurt someone if they were a severe threat to someone I loved or myself and there was no other way. I seriously considered it once against a guy who was homicidal and abusive to my ex

I actually hate expressing my deeper emotions to people right in the moment. I need my time. I usually try keep them inside, but I think my emotions are so strong, I often can't help but show my emotions in my face and eyes even if I'll straight up and down deny anything in my words

Anger is something I usually internalize to my own detriment, but when it piles up and someone really pushes me, the most I'll do is throw things. I'm more inclined to take anger out on myself tho

Last edited by Lykanized; 04-21-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Unread 04-21-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:

You are Cancer then so some people think you are crazy or do you think you are crazy and don't know why?
Unread 04-22-2018, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
You are Cancer then so some people think you are crazy or do you think you are crazy and don't know why?
No one directs it personally to me, but I have seen people on forums saying things like this about cancers in general.
Unread 04-22-2018, 03:51 AM

I have Cancer Women syndrome: Save a ****kkboii Hoe
Unread 04-22-2018, 06:09 AM

Send any cancer-haters to me when I've been drinking.
Unread 04-22-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Guy View Post
Send any cancer-haters to me when I've been drinking.
LoL 😂
Are you a Cancer too?
Unread 04-22-2018, 06:43 AM

Thumbs up Re: Chat Thread

Quote:
LoL 😂
Are you a Cancer too?
Lol, barely.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: png Natal3.png (42.5 KB, 12 views)
Unread 04-22-2018, 07:28 AM

You are a double Cancer. Cancer rising and zero degreeCancer Sun.

Love the pentagram in the chart.
Unread 04-22-2018, 08:15 AM

Sun square Saturn is hard.

The elevated Moon at 29 Taurus is good. I always remember your comment made me feel better and laugh when you said not turtley enough for turtle club
Unread 04-22-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Guy View Post
Lol, barely.

Cheers!
Ohhh Gemini merc twinsies! 😄
I adore this placement.
Unread 04-22-2018, 10:10 AM

Can I join the club? I'm not a Gem Merc, but in sidereal I am
Unread 04-22-2018, 10:17 AM

I'm always confused by lilith because it seems there are 2 or 3 definitions of lilith and a lot of what people say about lilith seems to be dramaticized like Pluto, 8th house, and Scorpio since people love to idealize darkness

As far as astrodienst defines what lilith is, mine's in Aries in my 7th house(even tho my 8th house is where Aries has most of its power) and trines my Sun even tho they aren't in the same element since my 7th house is mostly Pisces

I always thought it was in my 8th house, but since it's in my 7th house, I wonder if that has an effect on relationships and romance
Unread 04-22-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
No one directs it personally to me, but I have seen people on forums saying things like this about cancers in general.
I agree with the quote that all the best people are crazy....the only thing I donít like about people having a crazy or sick side is if they are mean or lie about it. Hurt other to get their own way and lie because they donít have the courage to own their crazy. No courage and selfish is horrible. But besides this then give me crazy
Unread 04-22-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much! It was a last minute experiment and wasn't redrafted. I can see now once I have read it more that the first part of the poem is stronger than the 2nd half. I Mention 'I' too much in the 2nd part and it is less descriptive. The part where I repeat the first part with the conclusion part was to save time and wrap up the poem quickly but I see it now actually makes the poem more complete. The reason I mention 'I' is because I am talking about my perspective so that should stay, but without using 'I' so much.

It reminds me of the writing exercise that you said about a month ago where you describe a barn without saying barn? The thing is, things have to complete in my mind before I write about them so I find it easier to write straightforward and not in a way that is describing something without saying it.

Now I have finished my admin course I am going to do that exercise though!
Hi babe!
You sound like you have a very poetic mind. In poetry, every word matters, every line break, every bit of punctuation or the absence of it...That's part of why I find poetry so damned exciting, idk about you. But it's also because when you're writing in the moment from a stream of seemingly divinely conjured inspiration, what you're writing is coming straight from your subconscious. Words you tend to use like 'I' or symbols you tend to go back to all mean something about you and it's exciting to explore what these things mean. I notice another interesting thing about poetry in that when I'm writing right in the moment, almost like automatic writing, not putting any censors into what I'm writing, I tend to have common symbols throughout the whole poem and it ends up becoming a process of writing without knowing what it all means, reading back, and figuring out some message your spirit is revealing or some secret. For me, I tend to use 'we' and 'you' a lot and I've been trying to figure out who exactly 'we' and 'you' are. Even asking yourself who 'I' is is an intensely intriguing question

So you find the barn exercise tough because you prefer to write more straightforwardly? I'm kinda the opposite. I tend to write in symbols and in phrases that may not mean something at first glance but to me mean a lot, multiple things in fact. But my issue is that I tend to write in so much imagery and symbolism that a common critique I get is that I need something to tie it all together. People tend to be dazzled by what a professor of mine calls 'unexpected images or ways of tying words together', but that means nothing if the reader has no touchstone, nothing to make it really hit them and mean something, help them expand their own world and learn something about their own consciousness

I remember listening to a woman read her poetry and every poem was short and more straightforward a style, but the had this way of saying so much in so few words and I realized that that is the true mark of a great writer. It's easy to use a lot of words to say something, but using few words and common words to say something that really hits people in their soul, that's a true gift
The Following User Says Thank You to Lykanized For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (04-22-2018)
Unread 04-22-2018, 10:55 AM

An exercise like 'the barn' really helps you explore how to reveal mood through imagery, how to reveal the emotions and experience of the one viewing everything through imagery. That does have its power. It's good if it stretches you a bit too

Quote:
I completely relate to this part. Your whole post was written brilliantly but I really related to this part. Push those boundaries girl!! Don't let labels confine you. That was so strong.
You know what? Since we're talking about writing, the good thing about this kinda personality you and I have that we let ourselves push those boundaries and be vulnerable is that that will help you immensely with writing. It will give you much to write about. People who don't let themselves feel and explore themselves bore me anyway, how about you?

That reminds me of the 'Sylvia Plath effect'. It's noted tendency for creative writers, and specifically poets, to be more prone to mental illness than other types of artists. I've contemplated why that may be. Perhaps it's the pushing of those boundaries that must be pushed

and I'd never let anything confine me, baby

How are you btw? I think you had another competition this weekend. How'd it go?
Ukpoohbear (04-22-2018)
Unread 04-22-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
An exercise like 'the barn' really helps you explore how to reveal mood through imagery, how to reveal the emotions and experience of the one viewing everything through imagery. That does have its power. It's good if it stretches you a bit too

You know what? Since we're talking about writing, the good thing about this kinda personality you and I have that we let ourselves push those boundaries and be vulnerable is that that will help you immensely with writing. It will give you much to write about. People who don't let themselves feel and explore themselves bore me anyway, how about you?

That reminds me of the 'Sylvia Plath effect'. It's noted tendency for creative writers, and specifically poets, to be more prone to mental illness than other types of artists. I've contemplated why that may be. Perhaps it's the pushing of those boundaries that must be pushed

and I'd never let anything confine me, baby

How are you btw? I think you had another competition this weekend. How'd it go?
Replied to you in IM I have heard of Sylvia Plath. She was a great writer like her husband but she was swallowed up by his stronger personality and manipulative ways although she would have had boundary problems too. So sad when someone just as talented is defeated by a stronger personality. I saw a book of hers in bookshelf at home so I will try find it and read some of her poetry. This will help me learn to write better too. I need to read more!

I love pushing boundaries lol It can be hard to come back sometimes when you have been away in another world. I think this is why I struggle with groups and better in smaller groups of friends. If I'm in a group I close up because it is so intense being out in the physical world. Then the more I live in the real world the more I become it and then I feel just as lost as before and want to return to being by myself. It would be good to mix them both together at some point.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 04-22-2018 at 04:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (04-22-2018)
Unread 04-22-2018, 08:58 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/46/d1...f4d204638a.jpg

Pan, primary deity of Capricorn. God of the wilds, master of sex, inherterter of tricks and pranks. No boundaries.
Unread 04-22-2018, 09:51 PM

*eye rolls all the way to Jupiter*
And I suppose that's how you see yourself
Unread 04-22-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
*eye rolls all the way to Jupiter*
And I suppose that's how you see yourself
Nope. Pan is the main God of me, but I am not him. I dress in black, leather jackets often, boots, black sunglasses, purple and black hair, tee shirt black jeans and a resting ***** face.
Unread 04-22-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Replied to you in IM I have heard of Sylvia Plath. She was a great writer like her husband but she was swallowed up by his stronger personality and manipulative ways although she would have had boundary problems too. So sad when someone just as talented is defeated by a stronger personality. I saw a book of hers in bookshelf at home so I will try find it and read some of her poetry. This will help me learn to write better too. I need to read more!

I love pushing boundaries lol It can be hard to come back sometimes when you have been away in another world. I think this is why I struggle with groups and better in smaller groups of friends. If I'm in a group I close up because it is so intense being out in the physical world. Then the more I live in the real world the more I become it and then I feel just as lost as before and want to return to being by myself. It would be good to mix them both together at some point.
What happened with her husband? I know she most likely had bipolar disorder which is one reason I look up to her aside from the fact she's a brilliant writer regardless of her mental issues

It can definitely be hard to come back....Sometimes I think I exist in a constant flux between worlds, but never in the real world, never stable. I've been questioning a lot what's right for me, but I keep coming back to instability possibly being part of my personal process. Pushing boundaries certainly keeps you growing and evertransforming, always learning more. It can be painful, but it's a kind of pain you always know you'll come back from. You may lose your mind, but you know you'll always find yourself again with greater knowledge and awareness

I think I'm a lot like you...I feel that intuitively. Are you very sensitive to your environments and the energy around you? Do you absorb it and react to it about a thousand times more strongly? Do you ever have to sit and wonder if you're really feeling something or if you're imagination isn't just so strong that you're successfully absorbing yourself in a made up world where you feel these intense emotions?

Most of the time I'm lost in my own worlds, but when I choose to go out into the physical world, I can be much too impulsive or indulgent or otherwise, I just start wondering if I'm losing myself. It's like I'm never happy with where I am so I'm constantly moving. Are you like that?

PS, I'll answer your PM a little later <3
Ukpoohbear (04-24-2018)
Unread 04-22-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
Nope. Pan is the main God of me, but I am not him. I dress in black, leather jackets often, boots, black sunglasses, purple and black hair, tee shirt black jeans and a resting ***** face.
So then you're back to tropical because of this or what?
Unread 04-22-2018, 10:01 PM

You know, the real helpfulness of a system like astrology is learning. It doesn't seem like you want to use it to learn, but just to justify an image you already have in place of yourself, unmoveable and unchanging
Unread 04-22-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
You know, the real helpfulness of a system like astrology is learning. It doesn't seem like you want to use it to learn, but just to justify an image you already have in place of yourself, unmoveable and unchanging
I learn about the stars out of appreciation, my skills are developed by experience. I use astrology for physiological and personailty purposes only as I completely doubt astrology as a whole, much like a set religion (the rigidity in these systems can't cover 8 billion people, if they would everyone would belive in astrology and there would be only one religion, the fact that there isn't proves my point). I can tell you that I have learned different systems of astrology, the symbolisms, myths, and manorisms behind signs planets houses etc. What more do I NEED to take from it, in your opinion?

Tags
appleo bestleo, birds wearing hats, crazy people thi, free market rules, i'm sane promise, kthx, nk they're sane, post modernism, queenchrys, this threads insane