Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background

Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background Here you are welcome to tell us as much or as little about yourself as you please while also talking about your interest in astrology: we would love to get to know you! Please do not post requests for astrological chart readings or astrological advertisements here.

Unread 04-30-2017, 07:52 PM

Hello from LA!

Hi all,

I've been learning astrology on and off since I was 12, thanks to my grandmother who was an amateur astrologer and spiritualist minister. I'm grateful to have had such a strong spiritual foundation from a young age, though I spent much of my adult life not giving astrology a second thought until a few years ago.

When my father threw his back out and was out of work for nearly a year, I happened to get curious enough to check out his chart again after years of being away from the practice. I used to calculate charts by hand, but had never been very good at interpreting them on my own. I always had to consult books and could never seem to integrate the many different facets of a chart into a cohesive narrative. However, when I looked at my father's chart, it was so obvious what he was going through - it was his Saturn Return. And it had started the very day he threw his back out!

I had never identified such a clear planetary connection to a life event before. It was a wake-up call that I had been ignoring this rich aspect of self-knowledge for too many years and I have been deepening my understanding of astrology ever since. I've also found that my interpretation has become much stronger now that I've experienced a lot more life to inform my astrological observations. It's a neat feeling that makes me wish I could chat with my grandmother all about this stuff one last time. But alas she has walked on. So I hope to have fruitful conversations with you all here instead!

Thanks much ^_^

Unread 04-30-2017, 10:11 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Welcome! to iojove

iojove,

Welcome to the AW Forum!

Welcoming,

Tim
Unread 05-09-2017, 03:18 AM

Welcome, person from LA!
I'm a newcomer too but haven't said my hello to community yet... but I will... lol
I know how you felt facing the "alive" astrology, right there in front of your eyes. It can be so surprising, and fascinating.
I hope we exchange many good ideas.

Nice to meet you.

Ariadne
Unread 05-09-2017, 06:10 AM
Banned

Re: Hello from LA!

Nice to meet you

Tags
introducion, saturn return, transit