Monday's Child

Moog

picture.php

T'would appear that this rhyme relates to planetary day rulers. A very simple form of astrology.

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday%27s_Child

What day were you born on and does the rhyme work for you? :smile:

I'm a Thursday's child. And I've never been a traveller, except perhaps in my head... in philosophical and spiritual journeys of mind, I've been far and wide.

bubuza_dulce

I'm a Wednesday child!
As I knew it, Wednesday is connected to Mercury. It has to do with good communication skills, thieves, commerce and medicine. Woe? Hmm...Who doesn't have woe in their lives?:smile:

Moog

Yeah, woe doesn't make a lot of sense. Except perhaps that thinking too much makes you miserable :wink:

MaeMae

Banned
Wednesday's child. Mercurial. Always taking things in, always aware. Woe never made sense to me, although knowing too much can have its downside.
I have a close lot of family, friends and mates born on Wednesdays. I've discovered over the years that those born to mercury's day are able to understand what I say without explanation needed. A strange code of communicating.
me, son, son's dad, 3 longtime friends, 2 mates ~ all born on Weds.
Never misunderstandings or difficulties in communicating with each other and right from get go, wewere chatting it up. Organically weird.

tsmall

Premium Member
Another Thursday's child here, who still has far to go.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep..."

Beautiful Ending

A Sunday's child here and Sunday's connected to the sun. Lucky me! I think I can relate to it to a certain extent. I'm a generally a very lighthearted person, I don't bother other people with my problems and I'm always up for having fun. :biggrin:

Last edited:

sequestra

I'm Tuesday and far from graceful. What the hell is that Tuesday pic about anyway? I mean how does jumping from one rock to another depict gracefulness? Because he's not falling over? Well yeah, definitely not me. Sag rising conjunct jupiter - I'm clumsy and indelicate; I run into things, trip over a lot, and always have several bruises/burns/cuts.

Moog

I'm Tuesday and far from graceful. What the hell is that Tuesday pic about anyway? I mean how does jumping from one rock to another depict gracefulness? Because he's not falling over? Well yeah, definitely not me. Sag rising conjunct jupiter - I'm clumsy and indelicate; I run into things, trip over a lot, and always have several bruises/burns/cuts.

It made no sense to me until I saw that picture. Tuesday is Mars day. He's gracefully and athletically hopping over the stones. I take it to mean that having the qualities of mars means having a good command of the body.

You might think he'd be more likely stabbing people in the face and burning villages or something. I suppose they were going for 'positive'

bubuza_dulce

My sister is born on a Tuesday and she's graceful! (she's attractive, I don't know how much grace is there besides attractiveness)

But then again, she has Libra rising and Mars conjunct Venus.

Rebel Uranian

I think hours are much more important than days for determining how people act and look. I've got far to go to fit my day description and my hour description.

sequestra

It made no sense to me until I saw that picture. Tuesday is Mars day. He's gracefully and athletically hopping over the stones. I take it to mean that having the qualities of mars means having a good command of the body.

You might think he'd be more likely stabbing people in the face and burning villages or something. I suppose they were going for 'positive'

Hehehehe... Well Mars-day is pretty cool. I love mars; I would love mine to be stronger. I'm in the aries decanate of my saggie rising but I don't think that cuts it completely. My impotent mars in pisces is conjunct venus and square neppie and well I'm just really ****** at motivation and fighting and stuff like that, at least until I harness my saturn/pluto, but then it just gets obsessive and weird. I'm a bit manic today so I'm feeling somewhat martial in that sense I suppose; scattering energies.

Moog

Hehehehe... Well Mars-day is pretty cool. I love mars; I would love mine to be stronger. I'm in the aries decanate of my saggie rising but I don't think that cuts it completely. My impotent mars in pisces is conjunct venus and square neppie and well I'm just really ****** at motivation and fighting and stuff like that, at least until I harness my saturn/pluto, but then it just gets obsessive and weird. I'm a bit manic today so I'm feeling somewhat martial in that sense I suppose; scattering energies.

Don't burn any villages.

princess valhalla

Me: Friday child
Oldest daughter: Friday child
Youngest daughter: Wednesday child! lol she is something! but she also is scorpio sun and moon and aries ascendant.

CapAquaPis

Friday was the day of the week I was born on. :tongue: Let's say it took me 24 hours to be born (Feb. 15th), a day after Valentines day (Feb. 14th). I'm a Cupid baby, associated with Venus...but Friday was named for Jupiter.

The origin of weekday namesakes from ancient myths of pre-Christian religions and astronomical planets with some astrological influences:
Sunday: sun/solae/Domingo (dominance) originally last day of the week,
Monday: moon/Lunae -of sadness, being the first day of the workweek.
Tuesday: Venus/Tews - of beauty.
Wednesday: Mercury/Woten/Odin.
Thursday: Mars/Thor - the god of war.
Friday: Jupiter/Fyr or Frigga/Zeus - the god of the gods.
and Saturn, close to the term Sabbath (the seventh day).