New job, underwhelming - Former employer possibility?

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

A couple months ago, I had posted a horary query as to whether I should accept an offer which led to my current job. I ended up accepting the role despite a few red flags I noticed.

Fast forward, I've been working in this company for the last 3 months and it is definitely note what I had hoped for. A few points:

1. My role technically relates to Financial Risk. However, since I started, I barely had any work assigned despite my requests.

2. I had requested to be put on a specific new segment of the role. The manager said they would keep this in mind. Two weeks later, they randomly advise me that the other new joiner (less experienced) was assigned to that segment. Instead, they gave me the IT Testing to support that segment.

I am not an IT Tester nor do I have an IT background. You can thus imagine how terrible my days are in addition to the lack of workload.

3. Several trainings were conducted by other members of the team and they kept omitting to invite me to those training despite being aware I'm a new joiner. Those trainings were specifically related to my job. Same goes for meeting invites - then my manager wonders why I'm not attending when I haven't even received any invite.

4. During my first week, I was requested by a senior stakeholder to write paragraph to introduce myself and they would send it around to the greater network to introduce me. I sent them to paragraph, they never forwarded it to the network when I'm fully aware they had introduced every single person who arrived before me.

5. Severe lack of collaboration all around & no training.

To be honest, I'm more than underwhelmed and seeking something else. I was in a Big4 prior to this (though not happy with the job) and I'm contemplating going back.

Is there any chance I could go back or will it get better? I'm simply not feeling the company or the team.

Thank you.

astro-2gw-go-back-to-former-employer-hr-36394-34630.png

Last edited:

Chrysalis

With former employer Venus in the 10th with you retro (returning) and Venus applying to a trine with you, says you have a good chance of returning back to former employer. Moon sextiles Saturn then venus's dispositor Sun.

If you're not happy where you are, you can return to former.

LostinPhilly

With former employer Venus in the 10th with you retro (returning) and Venus applying to a trine with you, says you have a good chance of returning back to former employer. Moon sextiles Saturn then venus's dispositor Sun.

If you're not happy where you are, you can return to former.

Thank you, Chrysalis.

I thought I would really enjoy being back in banking, but this new experience has really deterred me altogether. I've been feeling quite isolated in this role. The role in itself is interesting but not dynamic at all in addition to the fact that the team culture and onboarding haven't been great at all. I truthfully had high hopes for both the role and the company, but ultimately, I feel as though my former employer's company culture is a much better fit for me.

Now, I just have to find a way back - not sure how it will work out, but we'll see.