Help: Mystery Body on Beach. Horary/2 Events.

Draco

Could anyone please help me to interpret this horary and event charts.

On 29th August, it was reported in the local newspaper that a 19 year old man, had been discovered drowned on the beach. The newspaper reported that he had set out the night before at midnight from the hotel he had been staying at with his family, to go out alone for a late night drink. He never returned. When his body was discovered the next morning just after 8 am, police stated that none of his personal possesions had gone missing such as his wallet and mobile phone. He only had slight injuries which were consistent with having been in the sea, and it seems he had not been in the water for long. It was not considered probable that he could have committed suicide.

Somehow I wondered if he had been in an unfortunate accident or whether there is some element of foul play involved. Although he had no missing items, and it did not appear he had been attacked, how could he have come to have drowned in the sea? Perhaps he was drunk, fell over the sea wall and got pulled under by the current? Yet somehow, I feel that he must have had contact with others that night, if he was going out for a drink, perhaps he met someone? There is just an element of mystery about this.

I erected a horary for the moment I had finished reading the newspaper article:

'What were the circumstances surrounding his death?'
12:46, 29th August, 2005, St. Annes-3w02/53n45, England.

Looking at the chart, Scorpio rises at 11 degrees, so the debilitated Mars is significator. He operates in an environment which does not suit his needs. Mars is in a past quincunx to Venus, who rules the 7th cusp and the sign in which Mars is placed. So I feel that there is a connection here to someone else, but Venus is exactly conjuct the South Node, which perhaps makes this person malicious, wicked and cruel. The 11th house placement of Venus suggests a social setting. Venus operates in an environment which suits its needs, Mars does not, but is 'influenced' by Venus whose sign he is in, but Venus is conjuct the South Node, making this individual an evil influence. Venus and Mars are both in 'non beholding' signs, seeming to suggest a difference and irreconcilability between them, so then why the inevitable connection, as shown by the chart? I somehow feel he had been misled or lured in some way. Venuses conjunction with Jupiter blesses Venus with good fortune, and as Venus quincunxes Mars, and so distances itself from him, it seems that if someone else is involved with this death they are optimistic they will not be caught. Perhaps they know something but for some reason they are reluctant to come forward? The Venus and Jupiter conjuction appears benevolent at first hand, but considering the Venus/SN connection and that Jupiter rules the 2nd, which contains Pluto R. then both have deadly implications. Perhaps Venus and Jupiter are two people?

What immediately strikes me on this chart it that the IC, the place of the 'grave' and the 'end of the matter', is upon the dying, 'anaretic' (29th)degree of Aquarius, a Saturn (death) ruled sign. Thus by angle, and the terminal degree of a Saturn ruled sign there are three symbols of death all together. This makes me feel that it is the fourth cusp I should look to for his 'death'. It's ruler is Saturn which rules over the cusps of the 3rd and 4th houses, so the base of the chart is Saturn dominated, and the theme of death is evident.

Saturn is in Leo in the 9th, it is in its sign of detriment and in Saturn's term and Saturn's face so even deadlier still. It lacks any major aspects. It would seem the chain of leads from the IC are hopelessly fatal. (IC=29th=Saturn ruled=Saturn in detriment=Saturn's term=Saturn's face)What does being in the 9th say about his death? It is a cadent house, so Saturn in detriment is really bad. I honestly am lost on this one. How might the 9th show circumstances of death? His 8th cusp is ruled by Mercury which is also in the 9th. Both are in the Sun's sign, and the Sun is in the 10th, perhaps showing how his death was to become a matter of question for the authorities. One of the only minor aspects to Saturn is a future semi-sextile to the Sun, showing how his death was to be brought to light to the public.

The Moon is powerful in Cancer, and in the 8th house of death. It is in Jupiter's term and Venus' face, again implicating the involvement of the two 'benefics' with deadly associations (SN, PlutoR/2nd). The Moon forms a future square to Jupiter, when it will have moved from the 8th to the 9th, perhaps highlighting a time of the magnification of legal enquiries, perhaps if Jupiter represents a person, they will be questioned by the law? The next aspect is a semi-sextile to Mercury in the 9th, showing perhaps a subsequent legal inquiry into the death? If we are to stretch to outer planets, then the last aspect is to Pluto R in the 2nd, over which Jupiter rules.

It is known that the last time he was seen was at: midnight 26/27th August, 2005, Blackpool - 3w03/53n50, England.

I was wondering if this event chart of the last time he was seen could give us any clues as to what happened to him, if it was interpreted as a horary.

In the chart for the time he was last seen, the IC, place of the 'grave'
and 'end' stands out as being significant again. Gemini rises at 23 degrees, so he is signified by Mercury when he set off out that night. Mercury is right upon the IC, only just past by a whisker, so it seems when he set out his 'fate' was somehow sealed. Mercury's only future aspect is a trine to PlutoR, which is conjunct the descendant which not only shows deadly associations with others, but the Desc, is where the Sun sets, the light is extinguished and 'passes out of being'. His only possible future when he set out was death. I wonder had he planned to meet someone? What had they planned?

I am still a bit confused as to whether I should be examining the 8th or the 4th for his 'death', but as I keep being led to the 4th, and this is the place of endings, this is where I am prompted to look. Mercury rules the 5th cusp, so he went out seeking pleasure, but more importantly, the 5th contains Jupiter and Venus so he sought pleasure among the company of those already discussed in the previous horary. In this chart, the South Node is right in between Venus and Jupiter. That malefic influence binds these outwardly benevolent forces. Wondering whether he was going out to meet anyone, I look to the 7th cusp, ruled by jupiter, one of the pair already mentioned. I feel that he was. It is intersting that Mercurys last aspect is to PlutoR, which was in the 2nd in the last reading, the cusp of which was ruled by Jupiter. Which leaves me thinking that whoever Jupiter is, they wanted something back off Mercury, perhaps he had something of theirs? Mercury is in venus' term, so was he enticed by Jupiters attractive accomplice?

The Moon in the 'time last seen' chart is in Gemini, so Mercury rules over the Moon which is peregrine. The Moon rules the 2nd, what am I to make of this? The Moon comes into future sextile with Mercury and Mars at about the same time, but to Mars a little earlier than Mercury, and so (if I am right) this means that Mars is translated to Mercury hence Mercury suffers, is victimised, and as Mars is in the 12th this is hidden, undercover. Yet a trine to Venus occurs before this. A trine to Jupiter after. So Venus sets this influence in motion and Jupiter somehow consolidates after. Again, if stretching to Outers, Pluto R is the last aspect, conjunct the DC, the 'passing out of being'.

The data for the time the body was found is as follows: (just after 8am) 8:05, 27 August, 2005, Bispham - 3w02/53n11, England.

This time I am unsure as to whether I should use the 1st house cusp as significator of the deceased. As the significator is no longer living, are they still the first cusp? I thought perhaps the 4th, the 'end of matter' and the 'grave'.

Again the IC is emphasised by a conjunction with Pluto R, where Mercury, significator of the 'time last seen' chart was conjunct and where the anaretic degree of a Saturnian sign occured in the original horary.

The Moon last aspect is to Jupiter, now in a seperate house to Venus, as though they have grown apart since the discovery of the body. If we consider the outers, the ultimate last aspect is again Pluto R, in opposition.

I seem to have picked up a theme in these charts, and I feel that there are others who know something about this death. I am not trying to imply that anything such as a murder occured. Perhaps it was just that he was thrown in the sea, and the person didn't realise the consequences of their actions. It just seems there are others associated but I'm unsure of how to weave all this together.

I would appreciate it if any of you would like to have a look at the horary and event charts and offer your ideas. Some of the technicalities I haven't got the hang of, and maybe you can see some interesting things which I have missed. What do you think these charts are telling us about the circumstances that surrounded his death?

I'd like to figure this one out.

Thankyou for helping,
Draco :wink:

N

novice

Hi Draco,

I’m only a newbie in Horary and I really shouldn’t try interpreting a chart. But this is an intriguing mystery and I couldn’t resist. Of course, it’s a very very tentative reading, dealing more with the feelings than with the sequence of events and the aspects. And it’s more intuitive than technical.
Also, I haven’t read your own interpretation before working on the chart, so as not to be influenced. I will read it after posting this message.

I have looked at only one chart:
'What were the circumstances surrounding his death?'
12:46, 29th August, 2005, St. Annes-3w02/53n45, England.

I see him as
--Mars: his main significator
--Mercury: Mercury is in 9 – he was in a hotel, so presumably on a trip? Mercury rules the 8 (death, suicide, autodestruction) and the 10 (authorities, involved because the circumstances of his death).
--Jupiter: in 11, conjunct Venus and SN, unhappy lover. Jupiter rules the 2 (self-value, here, since Jupiter is afflicted, feeling of unworthiness) and is lord of Pisces, which is intercepted in 4: end of things,

Venus = the woman he is in love with (Mars in 7, in the sign/triplicity of Venus). Venus is in 11 (friendship) conjunct Jupiter, in the term of Jupiter = she likes him, but she sees him as a friend, not a lover. Venus is in the exaltation, triplicity and face of Saturn: Venus plays a crucial role in his fate, and a fatal one (conjunct SN, and lord of 12).

Moon = his cosignificator, the event. In 8: Death, autodestruction, suicide.

Saturn = his fate, because he rules the 4th, in which Pisces (Jupiter) is intercepted.

Neptune = means of the death, state of mind at the moment, because Neptune is in 3 - risk of accident during a trip on water and also hints at alcohol. It is retrograde, therefore afflicted. The 3 is ruled by Saturn (feeling of isolation).

Uranus = The death itself. Uranus (retrograde=afflicted) is in 4, the "end of things", ruled by Saturn, and in Pisces (water sign), house of Jupiter, which is intercepted in the 4th = at the moment of death, he was "prisoner" of Saturn, his fate and at the mercy of Uranus. Uranus is in opposition with the POF.

He (Mars) is feeling lost, even depressive (Mars peregrine, in detriment) because he loves a woman (Mars in 7, in Venus sign) who doesn’t love him, but sees him only as friend (Venus in 11, conjunct SN and Jupiter). His depression drives him to "exalt" the idea of death (Mars in Moon exaltation and face, Moon in 8, death, suicide, autodestruction) because of his unhappy love (Venus lord of 12, suicide).
The matter comes to a head during this trip – Mercury (him) in 9 as well as Saturn (his fate). Saturn is in his face, leaving him a slight change to get out this unharmed. Unfortunately, that night, he drank too much (Mercury/Neptune opposition), mulled over dark thoughts of death which worsened his feeling of unworthiness and his depression (Mercury/Pluto trine, Pluto in 2, ruled by Jupiter), also his feeling of confusion and isolation (Neptune in 3, Saturn lord of 3)
Deeply depressed, drunk, he goes swimming or takes a boat and meets his fate: Neptune in 3, risk of accident on water, Uranus (unexpected and brutal event) in 4 (end of things). Being deprived of free will, probably because of alcohol, he is unable to seize the slight chance offered by Fate (he is "prisoner" of Saturn, but Saturn in its face left him an opportunity which he lost when he submitted to Neptune influence) and can’t escape death.

In conclusion : His death was an accident. He was toying with the idea of suicide which explains he took dangerous risks, but were it not for alcohol (unable to swim or immersion hypothermia?), he would have survived the accident.

Is it possible to find some information on this event on Internet? More data (on his physical description, etc) might help.

As I said, this is tentative and intuitive. Please be lenient with my novice's mistakes :oops:
Now, I'll post this and read your interpretation, Draco. :D

fensi88

Hi Draco!
This is really big mistery, but you did a lot of job to put some light on it.
I have something to add. (It is always much easer to find mistake, than to explain something by yourself) I hope this will help you in analise this.

The Moon in the 'time last seen' chart is in Gemini, so Mercury rules over the Moon which is peregrine. The Moon rules the 2nd, what am I to make of this? The Moon comes into future sextile with Mercury and Mars ...
surely you thought about Sa and Me, yes it is translation of light and that is sure sign of death (Moon connect ruler of 1 and 8 H), I did not notice this until you pointed out. (Moon can not be in sextile with Mars). And Moon is also ruler of 3 H, house of short trips.

As the significator is no longer living, are they still the first cusp?
This is very interesting question really. I will think about that...

Draco

Hi Novice and Goca,

Here is the original newspaper article that prompted me to ask the question:

The information is important because its all we have to base the information on.

29/08/05
Mystery Behind Body on Beach

MYSTERY surrounds the last movements of a teenager whose body was washed up on the beach at Blackpool.
Anthony David Murphy, 19, was last seen at midnight on Friday when he left the hotel he was staying at with his family to go out alone for a late-night drink.
His body was discovered just after 8am on Saturday on the beach at Bispham by a member of the public who alerted the police.
Detectives are appealing for information after inquires drew a blank. They are still unsure what happened to the student, who worked as a barman in his home town of Manchester.
Det Insp Tony Conboye, of Blackpool CID, who is leading the investigation, said: ''The only injuries he had were slight and consistent with him having been in the sea and it is clear that he had not been in the water very long.''.
''He had all his personal belongings on him including his wallet and his mobile phone so he has not been the victim of a robbery and there is no suggestion at this stage that he has deliberately taken his own life.''
"On Saturday night we had officers patrolling the Promenade in the vicinity of where the body was found, between Uncle Tom's Cabin and North Pier, in order to find any potential witnesses.''.
He added: "So far our inquiries have proved unsuccessful.
"Mr Murphy's family are understandably deeply shocked and traumatised by what has happened."
Mr Murphy was staying at the Boston Hotel on Queen's Promenade with his parents and other members of his family who had travelled from their home in Clayton, Manchester, to spend the Bank Holiday weekend in Blackpool.
The hotel's manager said Mr Murphy's mother was originally from Scotland and the family was enjoying a reunion in Blackpool when the tragedy happened.
He said: "Everyone is very shocked by what has happened and the staff are very upset. Anthony was just enjoying himself and it is a terrible thing to happen."
Police will continue their inquiries into Mr Murphy's death today and will be looking at images from CCTV cameras to see if they can trace his last movements. More information is also expected when a post-mortem is held tomorrow.
Mr Murphy is described as 6ft 2in, of medium build, with short, mid-brown hair and clean shaven. At the time of his death he was wearing dark blue denim jeans, a T-shirt with an Echo Unlimited logo on it and dark grey Nike Air trainers.

Novice, why do you call yourself that? That sounded like a pretty good interpretation to me. In fact it is strange how it parallels what I said in my previous post. I would consider your interpretation to be very satisfactory. I had been discussing these charts on the Skyscript forum with Mark F., who after looking at the 'last seen' chart summarised:

So if we sum all of this up, what do we have? We have the chance for the deceased to have found out that his girlfriend is involved with someone else, and we also see his death by drowning. I don't thing that he was killed by them. So his death could either have been through suicide or by a careless accident, his carelessness being aggravated by his anger and maybe drunkenness due to the bad romantic situation he was in.

Everyone seems to agree that this death involved some kind of heartache of some kind or another, everyone seems to see an indication of his lover being with somebody else. In the end Mark and I decided it must be suicide or accident. I think it was a cry for help that went wrong. Through drunkeness or being unable to swim, he was unable to get out of the water. I think you might have summed what happened pretty accurately.

Goca, in the horary I do not see the Moon translate from Mars to Mercury. The Moon trines Uranus R/5th, squares Venus/11th, squares Mars/7th, then to Jupiter/11th by square, and lastly to Mercury by semi sextile (if using minor aspects).

In the 'last seen' chart, the Moon translates light from Saturn to Venus, casting a dark shadow over the Venus character, the partner of Jupiter and ruler of 12th. Mercury translates light from Mars to Jupiter, showing how the signficators pain and anger were directed towards that person.

Thanks for you responses, I am still open to any more comments and suggestions.

N

novice

Novice, why do you call yourself that? That sounded like a pretty good interpretation to me.

Thanks, Draco, that's very generous of you. And very encouraging too :D

everyone seems to see an indication of his lover being with somebody else.

Alas no, I missed this :( I thought Jupiter (it would be the somebody else, I guess?) was Anthony, the SN showing that the love story was doomed to failure. Jupiter as the “Great Amplificator” amplified his feeling of unworthiness, pushing him in Saturn’s arms (Jupiter Lord of 2, in Saturn exaltation, triplicity, face. Saturn is also the almuten of Jupiter).
Well, it proves that one should rely more on technics than on intuition :oops:

I am still open to any more comments and suggestions.

I've been looking at the chart for the time the body was found and it looks very "karmic" to me, like a map of the after-death journey. Eerie...
Did you get the same feeling?
I'll post more comments later, when I have had more time to study the chart in detail.

Draco

Hi Novice,

Yes I agree with what you say about the 'Body Found' chart. I also feel something grim and eerie about it. Have you noticed how Pluto retrograde is right upon the IC in the chart, the place of the 'grave', the 'end' and 'drowning'. Pluto's postion in this chart seems to convey a poignant sense of tragedy and melancholy here, and I know what you mean.

The IC is a significant place in all the charts. In the 'time last seen' chart, Mercury, Anthony's significator, is right upon the IC. Which to me suggests that he had an appointment with something fatal that night, and Pluto on the IC of the 'body found' chart shows what that potential would become. Perhaps he was feeling at his lowest possible, perhaps he had thought of suicide and this is why he is conjunct the IC. Also he came right under the opposition of Neptune on the MC, showing him being overwhelmed by the Neptunian force of the sea. I believe he got drunk, went out with suicide in mind, but regretted his decision once in the water and was not able to get out.

In the horary chart, the IC stood out for me again. It is on the 29th, and therefore dying degree of Aquarius, a Saturn (death) ruled sign, as well as the IC itself standing for 'the end' and 'death by drowning'.

What is encouraging is that when you interpreted the horary you saw the same indications that myself and another came up with when looking at the 'time last seen' chart. I think this would show our interpretation is somewhat significant.

I've been looking at the chart for the time the body was found and it looks very "karmic" to me, like a map of the after-death journey. Eerie...

I also think this. I have often thought, if the natal chart shows the life a person is born to in this world, then does the chart for the time of a persons death describe the life they are born to in another world? I have often thought about this. If we do not know the time a person died, then the time they were discovered dead would be the significant chart. What disturbs me about this, is that in the 'body found' chart, Pluto retrograde upon the IC would seem to suggest that his soul having trouble disconnecting form the earth-plane. If we see the MC as the 'spirit-world' into which souls are liberated, and the IC as the 'material world', then perhaps Pluto retrograde, is showing how he was still resisting death and seeking to return but cannot. I feel perhaps he is still tormented and connected to the physical.

One thing that stands out for me is the correlation between the 'body found' chart and my own natal. In my natal I have Neptune conjunct the MC, both conjunct the Galactic Centre. I have always had mediumship abilities which astonish me as much as everyone else, and I ascribe this to my Neptune on the MC, the 'spirit world', which is, I believe the source from which my ability to relate information from the deceased to loved one's comes from. What is interesting is that Pluto in the 'body found' is right conjunct my Neptune/MC. This caused me to wonder whether his trapped, tormented soul somehow was communicating with me, perhaps he somehow intended for me to look into this, just so that if just a few people out there knew how he died, perhaps he could rest a little. Interestingly, on the date that I sent my origial post, having already come to some conclusions with another, Pluto went direct! I wonder if this means that his soul was liberated? The fact that you posted back with the same conclusions as we did, would seem to suggest that we did in fact find out the right answers as to why he died. As soon as we had, Pluto went direct, perhaps meaning that he was no longer entangled with the physical and could move on? I hope so.

Hopefully, he will be at rest now.

N

novice

What disturbs me about this, is that in the 'body found' chart, Pluto retrograde upon the IC would seem to suggest that his soul having trouble disconnecting form the earth-plane. If we see the MC as the 'spirit-world' into which souls are liberated, and the IC as the 'material world', then perhaps Pluto retrograde, is showing how he was still resisting death and seeking to return but cannot. I feel perhaps he is still tormented and connected to the physical.

I didn't take this route, but we may come to the same conclusion :D
Using the "karmic symbolism", it seems like a full circle journey, from the Moon and Mars, to Mercury, to Venus/SN/Jupiter, to Pluto (with a "deviation" spelling danger to Neptune), and back to Mars.
I'll try to summarize:

Mars (lord of 8, death) is separating:
1. From Neptune (retrograde, in fall) in 5 = refusal of commitment in past lives, cheating on the lover + retrograde in Aquarius=trouble with friends in past lives. This created karmic debts. The 5 is ruled by Saturn (karmic debt).
2. From Uranus in 6 -- 6=house of karma, where you find the means to settle your karmic debts. Uranus retrograde in Pisces=again refusal of responsibilities, unfaithfulness to friends. The 6 is also ruled by Saturn. (Note that the Vertex –destiny- is also in 6).
Treachery, unfaithfulness to lovers and friends in past lives, harsh retribution in this life (that would confirm your hypothesis of his girlfriend being with somebody else, maybe a friend of his – 11th house). The worst might have been avoided, if Neptune had been resisted.

The Moon is following a similar pattern. It’s in 9, house of mental/spiritual journeys. Separating from Uranus and Neptune, she applies to Mercury, as does Mars. After death has occurred (Mars), a journey begins on another plane.

Mercury is in 11, the “transpersonal” house - a short stop, coming to the end of a cycle, preparing for another one.
Saturn (karmic debt) is also in 11. The debt has been paid. Mercury is now beyond death, getting ready for the after-death journey.

Mercury is applying to Jupiter/Venus/SN in 2, which happens to be the house of our past incarnations, so the SN here is very meaningful. That's where we learn from our faults and at the same time, acquire the values and talents which will be used in the next life.
The 2nd in Libra indicates future artistic activities. (One of the articles I read mentioned he was a keen artist, so that gift will have to be cultivated).
Venus rules the 9 and the 2: the journey and the learning.

Jupiter/Venus/ SN are applying to Neptune in 5, emphasizing the artistic values but also the future risks: Neptune retrograde and its fateful role in the past life (alcohol/confusion) will be present in the future life and will have to be overcome this time.

Jupiter and the SN apply to the IC and Pluto. Pluto sits on the IC cusp (very fitting for the God of the Underworld). The 4th represents the deepest region of the underworld as well as the foundation of all things. Pluto is a link from one life to another. It is death and resurrection, regeneration, as is the 8th house, of which it is the natural ruler. It is particularly striking here since Pluto applies to the NN in 8.
So after the assessment of the past lives and the acquisition of values, the next step is the innermost depths, the beginning and the end, and then on to the 8, death and regeneration - back to the beginning, we’ve come full circle. End of a cycle, beginning of another. This is recurrent in the whole chart.

The 8 is in Aries, indicating a rapid or hasty death or metamorphosis. Indeed the death was hasty, and the rebirth might be rapid too.
Again, the Neptune danger is signalled (Neptune separating from Pluto and applying to the NN).

As for the next life, maybe the 12th house can give some indications. In Karmic astrology, the 12 provides information on the most recent past life. Maybe here it talks of the future life: the Sun (personality) is in, and rules, the 12. Being the natural ruler of the 5, this seems to point again to an artistic life. The Sun in Leo talks of a profession in entertainment and show-business (actor, musician, singer, impresario...)
The Sun is in sextile to the part of fortune, very well positioned in the 10: a successful career, as Venus and Jupiter in 2 suggest.
However, Neptune lurks in the backgroung: the 10 is ruled by Mercury – Mercury in 11, conjunct the Black Moon and opposite Neptune…

I have always had mediumship abilities which astonish me as much as everyone else, and I ascribe this to my Neptune on the MC, the 'spirit world', which is, I believe the source from which my ability to relate information from the deceased to loved one's comes from. What is interesting is that Pluto in the 'body found' is right conjunct my Neptune/MC. This caused me to wonder whether his trapped, tormented soul somehow was communicating with me, perhaps he somehow intended for me to look into this, just so that if just a few people out there knew how he died, perhaps he could rest a little.

It's quite possible. Some say that victims of violent death don't leave Earth easily. The "rupture" is too brutal, they need time to adjust and accept they have to go. The feelings of revolt, of unfairness can be strong and send waves to which you were "tuned".

Interestingly, on the date that I sent my origial post, having already come to some conclusions with another, Pluto went direct! I wonder if this means that his soul was liberated? The fact that you posted back with the same conclusions as we did, would seem to suggest that we did in fact find out the right answers as to why he died. As soon as we had, Pluto went direct, perhaps meaning that he was no longer entangled with the physical and could move on? I hope so.

That's a very interesting idea. Have you felt the effect of Pluto going direct in other chart readings?

Hopefully, he will be at rest now.

Yes. Whatever people think of the current attraction to karmic astrology (not a lot of good, generally), at least it offers hope.