Algol

Ace

Hello,

I heard of how malefic Algol can be in chart. Are there any positives of it? In my natal chart I have Jupiter conjunct Algol. In my natal my Jupiter is at 26 degrees in the 7th house. I checked the individual degrees of Taurus and it indicates "fortune by marriage". This current transit places Algol directly on my natal at the exact degree. Can someone explain the influence of this aspect with this fixed star? I am a bit confused. Thanks!

Ace

Thanks Susie for the link, I checked this one out before from spending some late nights trying to browse fixed star websites. I really like this one too as it is quite descriptive, but unfortunately does not describe it's aspect to Jupiter (except when culminating with Jupiter...I'm not sure what that means lol) . It's hard to interpret as according to this Jupiter degree fortunie is indicated by marriage, but if Algol is represented as a "beheader" then does this mean just the opposite (that marriage will cause me to lose my head?). I'm still am confused. :?:

Susie

Maybe Algol will indeed cause you to lose your head in marriage - in a good way!! You might be sooo in love with your spouse that it will feel like you're losing your head (figuratively speaking). I wouldn't worry too much about it, though.

maybe Radu has some insight??

Regards
Susie

pwadm

Staff member
I know of one case of a "benefic" use of Algol - somebody used it for making money, but in relationships, Algol is dreadful. However, in general, Algol is the most malefic star in heaven.

Btw, most surely you all have seen or at least have heard of Shrek, the animation movie. The movie (both Shrek and Shrek 2) was released in theatres in May, just when the transiting Sun was conjunct Algol. Shrek is a ogre, associated with Algol, but his ugliness is just entertaining and this is a movie...

Jupiter is the great benefic, which makes this Jupiter on Algol combination much more soft. Check out the areas of life (=houses) ruled by Jupiter, in order to see potential "Algolian" effects. Also long journeys, relationships with foreigners, higher education and religion.

Then please tell us, how are these areas going in your life?

Ace

Radu,

Thank your for your input on Algol. If I look at the houses ruled by Jupiter in my chart I have Sun, Venus, Mercury, and Saturn in the 9th house. In addition, I have my second house cusp ruled by Jupiter.

In regards to 9th house matters, it appears that there seems to be problems with higher education this year as I still have not completed my current masters degree. I also applied and was accepted into another masters program at a different university, but never started taking classes. Religion-wise, I've had numerous discussions on it this year. I had unexpected trips this year as well. One of the trips came about due to the fact two people had planned for a trip months in advance, but they later separated so I was the "replacement".

Money matters were very inconsistent this year (in and out of work) and investments always fell through this year. I guess not at all the greatest year, but it could have been worse.

anne

algol in chart

Hi everyone. I have Algol in 3rd house at birth, and a grand cross with algol opposing neptune. I am scared. How bad is it? :| :(
anne

Kite

Anne - I didn't mean to scare you!!

Your Neptune is in opposition as are a tremendous amount of other people who were born around the same period of time as Neptuen is so slow moving. The conjunction seems to be the more precarious aspect which I have with my South Node and Part of Fortune. You can see how this affected me in the other thread here in this topic.

I pointed it out to you for awareness purposes. I would look out for drug abuse or any type of escapist tendancies as Neptune rules this area. Self-destructive behavior could be related to this position I think but you have modifiers with sextiles your Sun and Pluto. PLEASE relax!

Kite

anne

algol in anne's chart

Thank you, I'll stop fretting about it. However it could be accurate, becasue for nearly all my life I was convinved that there was something in the universe that was trying to kill me off. The misfortune was unrelenting. I lived with a life threatening case of depression, and was subject to a lot of violence and neglect. I was for many years Ugliest Girl-- and the name "medusa" was aimed at me a few times too! It all took the form of trying to kill me off, in spirit if not in body.
I have experienced relief in recent years, once I took steps to protect myself from the most malevolent person in my environment. And I'm not ugly at all anymore, or tempted to jump off bridges or drown in rivers. So here's hoping it will stay that way and even get better. Is there any sign of protection from malevolence or a permanent change from misfortune in my chart?

Anne

Kite

Is there any sign of protection from malevolence or a permanent change from misfortune in my chart?

Anne, I don't believe anything is totally bad and in fact I believe the so-called "bad aspects" are here to help us become aware of certain issues that may be holding us back from our own greater good.

All the struggles I went through in life were to help me rely on my own initiative instead of looking for the easy way out. This strenghtened me in many many ways.

The fact you realized that you are Not ugly is a great example of how you've taken the outer experience you received and turned it around by finding the inner definition of yourself that you needed. The outer world should now reflect that inner reality because that's how the universe works.

If you feel you deserve to live in safety and security and that the universe IS safe..your outer reality should reorganize itself to mirror that. The trick is to become consciouss of those hidden beliefs we have stashed away in the subconscious that work to undermine us and create so-called "accidents" and "bad fortune" when in fact we've partnered in the creation of these things due to limiting belief structures.

Hope this helps!

Kite

anne

algol

Thank you very much, Kite. Reassurance of safety is EXACTLY what I need. But just to be on the safe side I'll be more careful around the shipyard welding machines.

Have a wonderful afternoon, gotta go!

Susie

An aquaintance is getting married this morning - they have Algol within 3 deg of their wedding chart ascendant, Pluto retro just within their 7th house, and Uranus on the MC!! Mars as Lord 7, opposes Pluto. Boy oh boy!
The Moon applies to conjoin Saturn.

I wonder if the CAncer Moon, Sun is Aries in 11th, and Venus exalted will be able to counteract the negative effects.

Chart data: 6 April2006, Paarl, South Africa, 33S45, 18E56.

Algol on the Asc - horror of horrors!
I'm very interested to see how they will do.

Susie

pwadm

Staff member
However, happy news is that Venus, ASC ruler is in Pisces, her exaltation sign. This, the Cancer Moon, and Venus in mutual reception by term with Mars, 1st and 7th ruler, indicate a marriage from love.
This will alleviate somehow possible conflicts due to Mars' conflictual aspects with Pluto and Mercury.

My brother-in-law has been in a relationship for 5 years, which started with Algol sitting on the ASC in the meeting chart, and it's a quite bad relationship, not going anywhere. He finds it very hard to get out of it.

Susie

I have just heard that the grooms' parents did not attend the wedding of this morning, because the mother is highly upset with her son for having the temerity to get married (at age 36).

The groom apparantly still lived with his parents before the marriage, and supported them financially.

Algol here might take the shape of an axe-wielding mother-in-law :mrgreen:

Life is so interesting!

Susie

Susie

Oh my word!!!!

This is simply fantastic! :D

Now I'm starting to feel very, very sorry for the new bride. I think I'll tell them to move to..... Johannesburg?

Regards
Susie

Susie

Hi all

Just a little update on the Algol wedding chart: the couple got lost on their way to the registry office,and arrived 30 mins late. Algol was safely away from the Asc at 11:05, when they finally tied the knot.

But..... what I hadn't seen in my exitement is the small little trifle of the Moon being VOC all day on the 6th April. Arrgghh!

Now this is my first "live" case on a marriage contracted during VOC Moon, and I must admit that I'm very interested to see what will pan out.

Will keep you posted!

Regards
Susie

abigail

algol is a double star, the large bright star rotates aroune the smaller dark star, when it is in front it occults the bright star but there's a halo around it, when the bright star is in front it obscures the dark star completely. if you were born during this part of the sequence the affects arn't very bad, & can be even good. otherwise they are bad, when the 2 stars are side by side the effects are variable. trouble is it's impossible to chart it as the sequence moves too fast, 2 and a half days for the whole deal. a matter of hrs for the parts. & to top it off the astronomers, who look at the stars, calculate to only the nearest half hr. & to top it off even furthur, the variable sometimes changes its timing for no known reason, at least when last I studied dit.

Saturn in my chart is 26 Sc, second house (opposing Algoal) square Pluto in Leo 26.-11th When I was young, I had nothing but money problems. Horrible stepfather bordering on violent. I can't but wonder the affect.