Mercury retrograde with Gemini rising and mercury in 4th house

Marnico

(Sorry this was moved here though it doesn’t belong in this thread)

Hallo, I am trying to buy an old warehouse to renovate into a house and I may need to sign the final contracts during Mercury retrograde. Now I have been in discussion about this purchase and been preparing it for 2 years now so it isn’t a new deal - it is just that the contracts will be finally finalized and ready to sign during MercuryRx. I have Mercury in the fourth house with Venus, and Gemini ascendant so lots of key Mercury influence. Not sure if that helps but Jupiter is in my first house and is now transiting opposite my sun which is in the 5th house. I have Mars in the second house and Saturn in the third . Can I proceed with the contract during Mercury Rx? Can anyone help? Thank you ����

[please upload a transit chart to the AW Forum or upload a transit chart to a link site such as imgbb or imgur (astro.com is NOT a link site) and provide the link - This is an astrological REQUEST with NO astrological interpretation so it DOES belong in the Read My Chart Forum - please STOP reposting this chart request in the main astrological forum - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Marnico

(Sorry this was moved here though it doesn’t belong in this thread)

Hallo, I am trying to buy an old warehouse to renovate into a house and I may need to sign the final contracts during Mercury retrograde. Now I have been in discussion about this purchase and been preparing it for 2 years now so it isn’t a new deal - it is just that the contracts will be finally finalized and ready to sign during MercuryRx. I have Mercury in the fourth house with Venus, and Gemini ascendant so lots of key Mercury influence. Not sure if that helps but Jupiter is in my first house and is now transiting opposite my sun which is in the 5th house. I have Mars in the second house and Saturn in the third . Can I proceed with the contract during Mercury Rx? Can anyone help? Thank you ����

[please upload a transit chart to the AW Forum or upload a transit chart to a link site such as imgbb or imgur (astro.com is NOT a link site) and provide the link - This is an astrological REQUEST with NO astrological interpretation so it DOES belong in the Read My Chart Forum - please STOP reposting this chart request in the main astrological forum - Moderator]

I am not interested in a a chart interpretation , I only need to know if Mercury Rx rules apply on a deal that has been taking two years to close while Mercury is transiting my first house. It just happens that I also have Mercury in my natal fourth house (of home) but am only saying that to underline the planet’s potential impact on the deal and hence the urgency of the question.

Looks like I can’t even get through to fellow astrology fans with a simple question , so with MercuryRx clearly in full force I probably shouldn’t even dream about closing on a house now, huh…?

wilsontc

Staff member
Marnico,

Thanks for clarifying the purpose of your thread. A general rule is, if you have done the bulk of the work preparing a contract OUTSIDE of Mercury retrograde, Mercury retrograde will SLOW the procedure of approving the contract but NOT necessarily deny it. As I mentioned, the condition of your natal chart can also affect how well you handle the contracting process overall.

About Mercury Retrograde,

Tim

Marnico

Dear Tim,

Thank you, so much for your message, that's really helpful!

So you are saying that with MRx, the fact that Mercury rules my first and fourth house would only affect my personal experience with the process rather than the longevity and quality of the actual deal?

Am terrified that by signing now , even though i have been wanting this house for years, I may suddenly regret it...

Thanks again
M

wilsontc

Staff member
So you are saying that with MRx, the fact that Mercury rules my first and fourth house would only affect my personal experience with the process rather than the longevity and quality of the actual deal?

Am terrified that by signing now , even though i have been wanting this house for years, I may suddenly regret it...

Marnico,

As you say, this is NOT a good time to close on a house. If you can POSSIBLY wait until later in June, that's best. And, as you also say, your natal chart indicates how YOU experience the world and NOT everyone ELSE'S experience. So IF you have natal Mercury retrograde, that would affect yourself personally (first house) and your home (4th house) in terms of contracts (Mercury ruled).

Following Up,

Tim

Osamenor

Staff member
Is there any going back quality to your decision to purchase this warehouse?

By going back, I mean the purchase of it would be a return to something. For example, the warehouse is in a city you do not currently live in but previously did. Or it's in a location your family, but not you personally, came from. Or it represents something nostalgic to you: say, you lived in a converted warehouse for a while as a child, or you had a family member who fixed them up.

Mercury retrograde is good for endeavors that represent a return to the past, or to familial roots. If Mercury rules your fourth house, that part is extra emphasized.

They say Mercury retrograde is a bad time for travel. One of the best and smoothest trips I've ever taken was a somewhat impromptu trip, during a Mercury retrograde, to visit the town I went to college in, 15 years after I'd left. Nothing went wrong. A couple of my teachers and old friends were in town and pleasantly surprised to see me. It was wonderful.

Similarly, if you're doing something Mercury retrograde is supposed to be a bad time for but that something represents you going back to something, that changes the dynamic.