Neptune in 11th and Ruler of 11th house retrograde Social Anxiety

jupiterianguru

I have had issues with being Isolated finding it hard to make friends. I am very extroverted provided someone comes up and talks to me but I want people to at first lead the conversation as I feel a little unsure of myself. This is causing problems as at least where I live people are nice but hesitant to talk to the new person.

Now the strange thing about this is I am extroverted once people start to talk to me, I am somewhat talkative and don't mind being in Social situations. I did very well in High-School and Technical School when there was a more structured enviornment that led to people conversing with me. I actually was able to make quite a few aquantences and talked most the time but somehow I lack confidence if I am away from talking to people for too long.

I kind of live in my own little world in that area of life am an inward thinker I very much desire friends that have to do with spiritual or philosophical things, travel the outdoors all areas that Jupiter rules over which is interesting but its retrograde so I tend to think inwards. However few share the seemingly obsessive interest I have in these areas, that is the main reason I put Jupiterian Guru as my name lol cause I am obsessive about learning talking about it teaching practicing things dealing with Jupiter. If I could only find people that shared my interest id be good.

Well do you see anything in my chart that compensates this. I almost feel like a force of somesort is holding me back in a way sometimes when I am trying to make friends. I don't quite understand it.

BTW I cannot tell you what is neptune what is Jupiter but at one point when people were extroverted to me it was to take advantage of me.
I seem to consistantly attract
Druggies, spiritual guide type people who are either benifit or detriment to me, homeless people, people going through hard times, people outside the social norm criticizing society or isolating themselves, people wanting to use me for something.

It is like a martyr savior complex in quite a few relationships hard to explain.

Since I actually got to a point where too many people knew me and my life was threatened people were trying to get me to do these things for rival gangs in this run down neighborhood. I had to leave town. I just packed up and left. It was a long story if you need it I can tell more but I think my chart should indicate some stuff here.

Since then I have been a lot less confident in social situations but I always had this inward look.

I could say these people either or were Jupiterian in a negative way or Neptunian in a negative way very few positives its like you can tell the difference but the result was similar.

Well here is my chart.

wesley_brown.74977.42016.jpg

miquar

Hi. Thanks for sharing all that. It seems that the Aquarian ascendant closely aspecting the close Mars Jupiter opposition is manifesting as a strong desire to find and share the truth.

The trine between Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Cancer is probably the main signification of your tendency to slip into a habit of shyness, while the factors mentioned above, plus Venus culminating in Sagittarius and the chart rulers (Saturn and Uranus) being in Sagittarius in the 10th say a lot about your friendliness. Also Mercury in an air sign.

Mars and Jupiter make a t square with the Moon, which could say something about your need to find a kind of family who share your enthusiasm for learning. Also, Neptune in the 11th can yearn for an ideal group in which to lose oneself and escape a sense of isolation.

Incidentally, the gang members that you spoke of were Neptunian rather than Jupiterian, so it is interesting that this was your social circle (11th) for a time. They were also Plutonian, reflecting your Sun in Scorpio.

It will probably benefit you to observe your feelings as they arise, especially when you are faced with the opportunity to approach someone socially. You may be quite forceful in your expression of your understanding - perhaps tending to be provocative or play 'devil's advocate' (Jupiter in Aries opposite Mars), and this may be unsettling to your lunar side because of the t square.

Well hopefully these suggestions will make things a bit clearer.

jupiterianguru

Hi. Thanks for sharing all that. It seems that the Aquarian ascendant closely aspecting the close Mars Jupiter opposition is manifesting as a strong desire to find and share the truth.

* Yeah I didn't think of that probably well I just kind of automatically slip into the mode of being interested in Spirituality and Philosophy especially, I have this part in me that longs to explore things especially abandon buildings tunnels, new places I like getting lost going on adventures and I always seek to find truth when I am traveling or find something interesting.

The trine between Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Cancer is probably the main signification of your tendency to slip into a habit of shyness,

* I tend to be very satisfied relaxed and what I read about this aspect it may be what tends to make me shy or inward looking. Taking away some ambition to go out and do things I tend to be in my head and think not do as much. That is why it would be useful if someone pulled me out of the habit of shyness as its just that a habit.

while the factors mentioned above, plus Venus culminating in Sagittarius and the chart rulers (Saturn and Uranus) being in Sagittarius in the 10th say a lot about your friendliness. Also Mercury in an air sign.

* Yeah inside I am an extroverted character that longs for Social connections and things to do I am usually friendly chatty.

Mars and Jupiter make a t square with the Moon, which could say something about your need to find a kind of family who share your enthusiasm for learning. Also, Neptune in the 11th can yearn for an ideal group in which to lose oneself and escape a sense of isolation

* The family I grew up in is way more "conservative" (for lack of a better term) and religious than I am, this has caused quite a few issues with me growing up. I could have been more outgoing and enthusiastic if when I was really young I wasn't consistently told by them something opposite of what I naturally felt in side and sometimes even shot down for it. It manifested in for awhile a feeling of not being a part of the world cause my family chose to isolate themselves from the ways of the world per say, and consistently judge others. I kind of grew out of that and think that leaving that kind of philosophy is just growing up a natural progression as it cannot be true. However my parents would be Saturnian very realistic practical not so happy or outgoing while I myself would be more head in the clouds happy to be alive optimistic not understanding why they even cared about any of the stuff they do. I am like everything will just be good whatever man.

I strongly desire to have a family who understands me and leaves room for me to grow and explore be myself expand and the like I am not even sure how to deal with my parents but I live on my own now although still rely on them a little for financial stuff. I want to be a part of some group that feels like family to give me a sense of being at home and safe where I don't have to be so serious. I would also want to be involved in something where I dissolve myself and just become a part of the whole a communal living like situation where everyone gives equally and understands eachother. Like this ideal world where everyone is individual yet united at the same time.

Incidentally, the gang members that you spoke of were Neptunian rather than Jupiterian, so it is interesting that this was your social circle (11th) for a time. They were also Plutonian, reflecting your Sun in Scorpio.

* Hmm I got confused with that. Yeah it wasn't any fun after awhile I would say Pluto and Neptune. I got confused the Jupiterian people were the spiritual guide type individuals that kept coming into my life at that point to try and guide me out of that and more to accept myself. My problem with all these people was I wanted to help everyone at first and also that I wasn't judgemental so these people came in and took over the place I had.

It will probably benefit you to observe your feelings as they arise, especially when you are faced with the opportunity to approach someone socially. You may be quite forceful in your expression of your understanding - perhaps tending to be provocative or play 'devil's advocate' (Jupiter in Aries opposite Mars), and this may be unsettling to your lunar side because of the t square.

* Yeah I can be quite forceful and I like playing devils advocate and also shocking people controversy all that. Well I am unsure how I would get all this to work out with the moon. That part of me is more emotional sensitive changeable yet optimistic when I have security. However its unlike the way I express myself. Not sure how I would do that.

So ok I can observe what my feelings are, however I tend to get stuck in this place not out of fear but more being safe or satisfied. Wouldn't social things also be Venus (that is what I heard) if so its unaspected how would I get that to play out.

Well hopefully these suggestions will make things a bit clearer.

Also how do my rulers Conjunct like that play out in all this I assume maybe its a good thing they are however it seems Saturn is polar opposite of Uranus that has got to be a conflict somehow maybe in relation to social things as its in the 10th house and Aquarius is an air sign.

miquar

Hi. Yes and Sun in Scorpio widely conjunct Pluto is also relevant to your need to explore abandoned buildings and have adventures where you get lost. Sun in Scorpio taps into the solar vitality by testing (and learning to trust) one's powers of survival and regeneration, and by exploring the hidden side of things. The abandoned buildings may symbolise abandoned parts of yourself in which lie untapped resources, knowledge and power.

The Sun Moon trine can cushion you against life's challenges, and will do so more as you learn more about the flow of feeling through your being. Like you say, it can be too comfortable, but other factors in the chart will always remind you that there are other ways of being, especially the Mars Jupiter opposition.

Neptune is basically unaspected. This suggests that your need to merge with some kind of group will sometimes manifest with great force unexpectedly. It sounds like you may benefit from living in some kind of community, but you might need to keep an eye on the Neptune when first becoming involved in such a group in case such a surge of Neptune energy gets the better of your judgement.

The Moon in the t square can help you to be more sensitive to others when playing devil's advocate. Perhaps try to think in terms of nurturing the consciousness and understanding of others, rather than simply challenging them. This will help you to bridge the gap between the watery trine and the more outgoing parts of you.

I think that the Saturn Uranus conjunction says something about the way you have experienced your parents. They hid behind the roles and beliefs that they has defined for themselves (or more likely that their own parents had defined for them), and this left you to play out everyone's Uranian urge for liberation. The 10th has to do with being parented as this is our first experience of authority and social conditioning. Sagittarius reflects the fact that beliefs often provided the substance of this 'conflict'.

Venus in Sagittarius at the MC is difficult placement to interpret given what you have said so fat about your family. Perhaps despite their conservatism they genuinely sought harmony through the expression of their beliefs. Sometimes planets in the 10th reflect energies that a parent (usually the mother) couldn't express. It could be that your urge to relate to others through the sharing of understanding is in part answering a need in your mother that she couldn't satisfy for herself. This would fit with the tendency of your parents to be critical of others, rather than seek points of similarity and harmony with them.

Saturn and Uranus do have some things in common - a kind of perfectionism which is tied to social conscience. Bringing all your 10th house planets together, there is a sense of your calling in life being to do with establishing, or involving yourself in, a system of social participation which is based upon shared belief and aspiration. All three planets are looking for a clear and orderly way of relating to others.

Thanks for posting so much background. It will hopefully encourage others who post their charts to do likewise in order to get more from the process. Hopefully others will share their thoughts on this thread too...

Lin

You're comfortable "one on one" because your moon trines your Sun. The moon rules the 'public' in general.
You're uncomfortable in a crowd because your Moon is square both Mars and Jupiter.

The Sun rules your 7th and that's one-on-one.
YOur moon inconjuncts your Saturn which rules your 12th house (and some might argue your 11th too), and Saturn rules your Neptune also.

With less stress on my Neptune, which straddles my 11th house cusp, and my moon, which squares Neptune but makes some other modifying aspects, I am in many ways agoraphobic. "Finding" my niche in any group has always been a bit of an anxiety. So I understand, believe me.

I do very well in a one-on-one, as I have half my planets in the 7th and 8th houses, including both Venus and Jupiter.

I also have 3 planets in the 9th, incl. my Sun, which makes me a "seeker of truth" also. I also have Merc as my highest planet, and not poorly aspected: yet because it's 9th house I also rarely put myself forward to begin a conversation in a group, and it is also (unless I am discussing astrology, my specialty) easy to make me feel uncomfortable ...if someone in the group finds it amusing to do so...lol....
I have Scorpio rising, so my innate shyness took about the first 20 years of my life to even begin to overcome.

Learning to be objective about even YOURSELF is one way to overcome some of the discomfort of new group activities. And, of course, having a really good sense of humor, even to laughing AT yourself....before anyone else has a chance to.
LIN