Mercury as the significator and Mars as well or just Mercury?

Zonark

I am going off of William Lilly's theory in determining the Magistery, Excitation or profession of the native; http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24780&highlight=magistery

I am unsure whether by this method my significator is Mercury alone or Mercury conjoined with Mars. My confusion comes from Mars being in the sign of its fall, Taurus, but it is partile to the Moon just slightly less so than Mercury. I attached my natal chart. Regardless Mercury seems to be the significator first using this method.

Attachments

• whsntstd.jpg
    whsntstd.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 30
E

eternalautumn

I believe it would be Mercury alone; Lilly seems to imply that for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th methods of finding a significator, only one planet should be used.

[3.] If this consideration take not place, see if any of these three Planets behold the Moon in partile, if two or all three do behold her, prefer the strongest, and him that has the best aspects, and that aspect which is most partile, and the sinister before the dexter.

Mercury defeats Mars in these criteria. Keep the following in mind as well:

You must observe, if none of these three Planets shall signify the quality of the Native's Profession, according to the first or second rule, but according to the third, fourth, or fifth; such usually handle some ignoble Profession, and manage it negligently, or else lead their life without any Magistery or Art at all.

Hope this helped. Good luck!

Zonark

I believe it would be Mercury alone; Lilly seems to imply that for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th methods of finding a significator, only one planet should be used.

Mercury defeats Mars in these criteria. Keep the following in mind as well:

Hope this helped. Good luck!

Thank you.